• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[TUT]Hacking the worldmap in Fr/Lg

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
does any1 know the offsets to the 1-9 islands world map cant seem to find them i need the really badly any1 knows them please post them thyx in advanced !!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 2, 2014
Hey guys, I need your help.

I followed all the steps of the tutorial, but when I finish, there are a blue line should not be there. Since I can remove, and not the RAW. I have reviewed hundreds of times with NTME.

Check it:
The blue line is at the bottom of both maps.
problem1i.png

problem2.png

Can you help me?

Note: Do not steal the WorldMap, are my hack. Hoenn is the modification of "The Corpse Devils" credits to him.
open your .raw file in hex editor then add 16 bytes in the end.
the total bytes should be 1216 not 1200.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2014
I gave up on this long ago... No amount of instruction could teach me the right way to do this...

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
I gave up on this long ago... No amount of instruction could teach me the right way to do this...

lol i wa sjust about to say the same thing
i cant think of a new design for the map at all :(

bigboi

Hacker of the 3rd Generation
Years
Question! I tried hacking the other FR/LG maps (The island ones) and they all replaced the first map. How do you hack the other ones?

Mr

Just call me Mister
Years
In step 3 you have a new map to insert. Did you make that from scratch in paint or is there a program that can help with this?

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2019
After i insert my new map following this tutorial i get some blue tiles in the right-bottom angle of the map instead of the "sea" tiles that i have put in the tilemap.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I am having a problem, can somebody please explain what i did wrong when i followed the tutorial, this is what i ended up with.
View attachment 54482

It looks like you replaced the tilemap with the raw, and the raw with the tilemap, or your raw isn't the right format (8bpp or 4bpp)

one of the confusing tutorials i ever saw O.O

You should see Mastermind_X's site's tutorials. Now that's confusing. This ain't nothing. :)

After i insert my new map following this tutorial i get some blue tiles in the right-bottom angle of the map instead of the "sea" tiles that i have put in the tilemap.

Read through the thread. :(

open your .raw file in hex editor then add 16 bytes in the end.
the total bytes should be 1216 not 1200.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2011
When I search up the offset in the HEX editor (Cygnus FREE) it says cannot find string! can you help me?
BPRE
CODE:$3F089C
POINTER:9C083F

Mr. Banana Peel

beginnig hacker (needs help)
Years
Help!!!!!!

help im tired of failing each time i do this here is my map link
i31.tinypic. com/1g3ev5.png (take away the space) all that happenes is that when i go to the pokemon center town map the music keeps playing but it goes black and freezes and then when i go outside im stuck in a pile of trees so help me

Tower Tycoon Palmer

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
If any of you didn't already know how, you can change the the little icon that shows where you are (the players head, i can't really put it into a technical term). If you've changed the sprite of the hero, it will still appear on the map as the original hero's head. you can change this on fire red by going into UNLZ-GBA and going to "187" for the male hero and "188" for the female hero. Just incase.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2012
world map....
-i've made it
-got a .raw file form ntme (i didn't know if you needed it so i got it)

-found the fire red world map in unLZ (190-195)

-saved the FR world map opened in paint- then copy my map over the top, saved. notes: old map in .png my map in .dib

-then imported the new world map in and error....
Error: image is not indexed

any help?

supermania23

I LOVE HAN HYO JOO!!!!!!
Years
This is just very confusing...
The ending part confuses me!
can someone create a new TUT with alot of
pictures in it?

Newbies like me can gain alot with it...

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
Years
I AM A COMPLETE AND TOTAL BAKA!

I do blame OP a bit on this because OP is not clear on the final step what to do.

On the final step OP says to click "Export Palette". I foolishly assumed that meant to click NOTHING BUT Export Palette.
If OP would be so kind as to edit the OP so it says. "Be sure to click all four options, Explore Image, Auto Abort, Fix Pointers and Export Palette."

When I clicked all four clicks it worked!
Funny how one misleading sentence can break an entire tutorial eh?

Now I need some help again, when I import my tilemap the colors are all messed up!
I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I exported a snapshot of the Kanto World Map from VBA and use those colors in the creation of my tileset and tilemap. Every time I import the tilemap into my ROM with UNLZGBA the colors are all messed up! Please help.

Last edited:
Back