• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
I am unclear to if that is possible. Mainly cause I dont own Box.

OK thanks anyway. I'm going to go ahead and buy it and cross my fingures, If I don't get the right nature or something, I'll just erase the data or something.....I hope you can do that.

Edit: I checked around on Youtube and I got most of my questions answered.

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I'm buying another copy of Platinum soon to eventuall replace my R4.
I want to know how to import them to battle revolution. The connect to wii option is not available on my rom, but my friend says it shows up on his game.
How do I get it to show up.

ger345

Im just like that.
Years
You have to have a wii emulator im pretty sure, but I dont use DS Roms much because there slow, it to me about 30 minuetes just to get my starter in diamond!

Dose anyone think my battle revolution team could be beter? here it is:
Garchomp Lv.100
Gyrardos lv.100
Lucario Lv.100
Mewtwo Lv.100
Darkrai Lv.100
Celebi Lv.100
Should I add some pokemon? Take some out? But what I am going to do is give them all the best TMs Because I used a cheat to give me all tms.
So what do you think?

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I was asking how to get it to show up in the real game, which I will be buying a copy of soon, not the rom, the option should show up on the ROM, I already know I won't be able to connect to battle revolution on my R4. I was just asking how to make it show up in the real game. I know it's possible, I saw the back of the game in the store and it said it could connect to battle rev., I just want to know how to get the option to show up.

Years
I was asking how to get it to show up in the real game, which I will be buying a copy of soon, not the rom, the option should show up on the ROM, I already know I won't be able to connect to battle revolution on my R4. I was just asking how to make it show up in the real game. I know it's possible, I saw the back of the game in the store and it said it could connect to battle rev., I just want to know how to get the option to show up.

I'm sure it won't work on the rom,but if you use the actual game it will work.

1. What you do is go on your wii and turn on your Pokémon Battle Revolution(PBR).
  2. You go to your 'Storage.'
  3. Press 'Copy Pokémon' and then click it again.
  4. Now while it's loading open your DS with your Pokémon cartridge.
  5. On the menu screen where you can set your wi-fi settings and continue your save file,a new window should pop up that says 'Connect to Wii.'
  6. Press 'Connect to Wii' then wait for it to connect and load and it should work fine.
What things you should remember is:

• You are unable to use R4's or anything related.
  • You do not need Wi-Fi for this.
  • This copies Pokémon. You will not lose the Pokémon in your DS.
  • It completely copies all of your Pokémon in your storage.
  • You can do this as many times as you want.
  • Both games need to be in the same language.
  • I'm certain that this is fully compatible with DPPt and HGSS.

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
That's fine, and I know that copying the pokes won't work on the rom, but the option should still show up on the rom, right? Also it doesn't show up on my legit copy of SS either. what about that?

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't know that the option would only show up when it knows that there is a wii to connect to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I understand the above 31 thing. however, if no cheating device was used, it should still allow you to use all 31 IVs.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
A couple of questions about Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

1. Is your starter pokemon able to evolve?

i.e. if I choose Munchlax, Sneasel or Gible, can I end up with Snorlax, Weavile or Garchomp?

2. Is Manaphy available like in Pokemon Ranger?

I know it was available, but is it through a password like in the original, or was it only available as a wi-fi download?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
A couple of questions about Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

1. Is your starter pokemon able to evolve?

i.e. if I choose Munchlax, Sneasel or Gible, can I end up with Snorlax, Weavile or Garchomp?
No there aren't evolutions in SoA =)

2. Is Manaphy available like in Pokemon Ranger?
I know it was available, but is it through a password like in the original, or was it only available as a wi-fi download?
If I remember it was through Wi-Fi but I'm not sure it's still available.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
Years
With that new Pokemon Ranger game (Shadows of Almia) is it connectable to the Pokemon games such as Diamon/Pearl/Plaitnum/Soul Silver/Heart Gold? If so, is that for items and Pokemon or just items?

Also, is it any good? I've not played it before it looked crazy at first.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
With that new Pokemon Ranger game (Shadows of Almia) is it connectable to the Pokemon games such as Diamon/Pearl/Plaitnum/Soul Silver/Heart Gold? If so, is that for items and Pokemon or just items?

I wouldn't call SoA as a new Ranger xD
But to answer it. I don't know about HG/SS but it can be connected to D/P/Pt but only to transfer Aura Sphere Riolu, Manaphy egg and Dakrai to D/P/Pt games.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
Ok i just got all of the seven treasures and i would prefer not to lose them so im wondering if i lose a battle or something will they be lost??? and if so can i get them back

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2010
Transferring pokemon between games

Heyyy so I'm just curious how compatible all the console games are with all the gameboy game generations. Correct me where I'm wrong please:

Stadium 1: Gen 1
Stadium 2: Gen 1-2
Colosseum: Gen 1-3?
XD: Gen 1-3?
Box: Gen 3
Ranch: Gen 4
Battle Revolution: Gen 4

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Colosseum and XD are only compatible with GenIII games. The rest you've got right. :P

Last edited:

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
Years
I almost bought a Wii today for the sole reason of playing that Pokemon Battle Revolution. However, is it similar to Pokemon Colosseum, where it has a story? Or is it only Pokemon Stadium battles that take place?

I've nabbed myself a Gamecube again (for £3 off eBay FTW) and will hopefully buy a copy of XD: Gale of Darkness to keep my Pokemon 3D needs at bay.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ok i just got all of the seven treasures and i would prefer not to lose them so im wondering if i lose a battle or something will they be lost??? and if so can i get them back
Just like Spirit mentioned there's 50% chance that you will lose them.
And to get them again... well you have to go back to the dungeon and beat the boss again =D But I'm not sure if you'll get it once you recruited boss of dungeon... maybe you get it once you climb to boss's room...

Years
Pokemon Battle Revolution is almost like being stuck in Mt. Battle for ever. Not the best reason to buy a Wii as the online community is there, if in a lacking sense when compared to things like Pokemon Online servers or taking your DS onto Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
Pokemon Battle Revolution has a Surf Pikachu, Magmortar, Electivire, various items for battle/evolution, and a variety of berries to save your in-game winnings on.
NO "shadow" Pokemon are in PBR. No mini-games are in PBR.

I almost bought a Wii today for the sole reason of playing that Pokemon Battle Revolution. However, is it similar to Pokemon Colosseum, where it has a story? Or is it only Pokemon Stadium battles that take place?

I've nabbed myself a Gamecube again (for £3 off eBay FTW) and will hopefully buy a copy of XD: Gale of Darkness to keep my Pokemon 3D needs at bay.

Shadows of Almia is Sinnoh compatable as far as I know. HGSS doubtful, as they had not been released yet (2008).

The Ranger games are a severely underrated and underappreciated spinoff series as they have in my opinion one of the best stories if the Dungeon games sick a person out.
-Should be aware that for a game reliant ENTIRELY on drawing circles, loops, and odd symbols, the game play is rather good.
-Replay value of the games is minimal sadly.
-One good thing may rest in THE FIRST Ranger game when purchased used as not every buyer knew/knows the password entry to use for the Ranger Net Manaphy mission (password is region dependent, with Japan, Europe, America have their own. I think Australia does, too).
-The first Ranger takes maybe ten hours to finish. The second Ranger, Shadows of Almia, is much improved over the first as you can ride a Torkoal to "lava surf", ride Drifloon over steam jets, ride Mantine through underwater currents, and do Safari Zone style challenges on a Doduo or Lapras.
-The NEW Ranger game, Guardian Signs, is rather unique in that it almost
"forces" a person to buy a second copy if they want the Deoxys from its available "wireless" mission (NOTE: wireless in this case is LOCAL). This totally blows. Like, royally. As going out to find someone that actually HAS this game is about as challenging as a wi-fi battle with you not having evolved Pokemon. This Guardian Signs is also quite long but has a rather lengthy "wireless" mode that grants the Ranger a separate stat range for his Styler and skills when choosing to "go back" by calling Celebi.

Each Ranger game has a single player mission for Manaphy to send to a Gen IV game, though the first two are only Sinnoh. The events for the second Ranger game are over I think. They "were" for a Manaphy and Darkrai. Manaphy is always an Egg.
This new Ranger game offers: a Manaphy egg, Heatran, Deoxys form dependant on capture time OR form when mission cleared, and a Shaymin.

Celebi and Arceus are in the new Ranger game, but probably not in a transfer capacity.

There is a Browser feature that is like a PokeDex. Complete it unlocks some extra skill stuff like taking Pokemon partners anywhere.

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I got a secondhand copy of Pokemon Pinball today which already had high scores and pokedex data on it but I want start from the beginning. I managed delete all the high scores but how do I delete the pokedex data?

Edit: I have another question, this one is about Ranger: Guardian Signs. I'm getting this game for my birthday (December 13th) and I'm wondering if I can receive the Wifi missions as soon as I get the game or do I have to finish the main storyline before I can receive them?

Last edited:

The Red Chain

I got a secondhand copy of Pokemon Pinball today which already had high scores and pokedex data on it but I want start from the beginning. I managed delete all the high scores but how do I delete the pokedex data?
You could start a new game.. I'll write the ways to for both games, just in case.

Pokemon Pinball ;
When you start up the fame and the Nintendo sign will come up. Press A + B + R + L all at the same time when it does.
It should ask "Are you really sure you want to delete this game file?" or something like that.

Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire ; Hold down left on the control pad and push down L and R at the same time 3 times in a row. Be sure to hold on the left button the whole time.

For the Ruby & Sapphire I had to google it, so I'm sorry for the vagueness, but I dunno it myself..

I have another question, this one is about Ranger: Guardian Signs. I'm getting this game for my birthday (December 13th) and I'm wondering if I can receive the Wifi missions as soon as I get the game or do I have to finish the main storyline before I can receive them?
You can receive them right away to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back