• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokémon Brown Adventure! Nuzlocke Challenge!

Freya

Squee!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2016
Hi. My name's Freya. As if you guys can't read my username or anything.

I'm going to attempt a Nuzlocke challenge with Pokémon Brown, the most awesome/unparalleled hack ever. Or at least until that new beta of Prism comes out. /fangirl rant over.

And you guys get to watch me fail.

If you don't know what a Nuzlocke Challenge is, prepare to be enlightened. It's a play-through of a pokémon game with a few simple, easy (lie) rules, that I didn't come up with, or create, or anything.

1. If a pokémon faints, you must release it as soon as possible. 'Cause it's dead. No revives.
2. You can ONLY catch the first pokémon you encounter in a route/cave/town/area/whatever. If you defeat the first pokémon you see, you get nothing from this area.
3. Obviously if you run out of pokémon, you must start again.
4. Potions, healing items of any kind in fact, are DISALLOWED.
5. Give your pokémon nicknames.
6. Battle style is set to SET.

I have a feeling I'm going to love getting poisoned.

If I lose, I'll speed run back to where I was, probably with different pokémon.

Sounds amazingly fun, right? Of course it is.

Let's get to it, then. Of course, there's no Nuzlocke-ness in this post, just the same crap every Let's Play starts off with. Except with 100% less sexual references/swear words.

. . . And suddenly, everyone is gone.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Go with water. You need defense, as the point is not to die.

It's cool to see a Nuzlocke LP. I've learned about them the other day, in some other board, and though they're cool, although I've never tried it myself.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I dunno. That immunity to poison sounds pretty enticing. I've never done a Nuzlocke challenge before (though I had heard about it before seeing this) so I may not be a whole lot of help but I can see how poison could be a pain in the neck, especially since healing items are forbidden. Eh, but that's just my opinion.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
This is an interesting LP. I better keep an eye on this one. ^^
Starter choices, huh? Well... erm... =/

Good luck with that. >.>

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Squirtle. I nuzlocke'd through FireRed and Squirtle (Blastoize) was one of only two Pokemon left after the champion >_> The Elite Four was a slaughter.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
First time I've heard about a Nuzlocke Challenge. It sounds kinda hard XD.
The narration is good and brown is an awesome hack, which sums up to an awesome LP.
Oh, and choose water :D

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Water/Grass since you need to survive here. ;D
I'd personally choose water, as it has good defense. :)

(b'-')b

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
I'm not gonna suggest which pokemon you should choose, as in the end you're gonna make your own choive regardless of what we say.
But, I must say this is one funny LP, and I'm gonna keep an eye on it!
Good luck!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Nuzlocke is gonna be impossible with this game lol... but good luck.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Venusaur is a godsend in games when you don't have Antidotes. Even when it's weak to psychic, it is neutral to ground, so... eh.

Also, it has Instacrit razor leaf.

SiegHart

Guardian of Time
Years
lol nuzlocking...
i remember nuzlocking blue version while using the doduo gameboy on pokemon stadium.. lost 4 pokemon by the end but finished it within the time my friend napped on his bed behind me (due to the speed up by using doduo gameboy) =P
but um here i'd say go with grass, poison was such a pain when i nuzlocked

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
lol nuzlocking...
i remember nuzlocking blue version while using the doduo gameboy on pokemon stadium.. lost 4 pokemon by the end but finished it within the time my friend napped on his bed behind me (due to the speed up by using doduo gameboy) =P
but um here i'd say go with grass, poison was such a pain when i nuzlocked
That would be pretty tough... considering that the trainer/gym pokemon are really high levels in this game. The final dungeon has like 10 trainers with lvl 98-100 pokemon lol. (Still beatable with lvl 60-70 pokemon, but I'm pretty sure you'd have to heal.)

I think you're gonna have to abuse the high level pokemon patch of grass in Merson City a lot. Like, catch a bunch of pidgey there, and keep them around as backups/throwaways. Maybe even just use one all the way through.

Years
I've nuzlocked this before, and while I got screwed over several times by entering areas I was supposed to enter WAY later, overall it went pretty well.

Also, pick Bulbasaur. It's going to be a real bro.

Edit: Wait, this thread has almost been a month old? I didn't even notice that...

Last edited:

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
Wow, a brown LP!^^ I loved Brown, it;s one of the best hacks I've ever played!^^ Your style of humor is pretty funny, too!^^ Good you don't use any swearing, I hate that in LPs!^^ I hope you keep enjoying Brown so that the LP's quality won't sink!^^

Oh, and choose Bulba. Although I've never nuzlocked before, I can imagine that poison can be a real pain since you're losing every Pokemon that faints...^^ And Leech Seed and the HP-sucking attacks can be useful, too!^^

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
There's a problem: Brown is a very weird and complicated hack which is hard even to complete normally. I didn't know how to get strength for a week of playing. xD
However, i might compete. As i have completed it before,it won't be hard.
When will it start?

Back