• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

RPG Game Template [WIP]

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Percentage bar: |||||||||| 90%

Completed: Idle Poses, just animation left.

Basically just wanted to add another template for people to use, while this will probably be used in 640X480 screens I'd probably see double snes res for these. As these will be meant for a snes esque rpg.

Comment, rate! I wanna say subscribe but this isn't youtube lol:P

Sorry that there's not much but I thought I'd show a template while it was still in da works.

Last edited:

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Thanks, I actually just finished the idle poses. I'm pretty sure pixeling for 640X480 or even 512X446(double snes) is hard and I can agree with that.. First off you need to make sure you're sprite is at least 42 pixels in height if it's an adult..and like 39-40 for female. Children you can probably sprite normally at X X 32.

Well here's the 4 idle sprites, I haven't decided the frames for animation but even if it's like rmxp I'll make it very smooth.

If anything spriting is pretty easy an relaxing up until.. you get the left/right sprites and those can be damn challenging.. but here's some tips.
Make sure the arm length is the same for ALL sprites and that they appear to be right in every direction, I've seen some sprites that just fail at this.. now the left sprites can be done with just 1 leg standing out and that's fine but, the way I did it was to make it more realistic. This is how I've seen EVERYONE stand when they're in this direction, heck I used my cousin as a friggin reference!

I should have the animations done soon!

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
Thanks, I actually just finished the idle poses. I'm pretty sure pixeling for 640X480 or even 512X446(double snes) is hard and I can agree with that.. First off you need to make sure you're sprite is at least 42 pixels in height if it's an adult..and like 39-40 for female. Children you can probably sprite normally at X X 32.

Well here's the 4 idle sprites, I haven't decided the frames for animation but even if it's like rmxp I'll make it very smooth.

If anything spriting is pretty easy an relaxing up until.. you get the left/right sprites and those can be damn challenging.. but here's some tips.
Make sure the arm length is the same for ALL sprites and that they appear to be right in every direction, I've seen some sprites that just fail at this.. now the left sprites can be done with just 1 leg standing out and that's fine but, the way I did it was to make it more realistic. This is how I've seen EVERYONE stand when they're in this direction, heck I used my cousin as a friggin reference!

I should have the animations done soon!
^longest post ever!

Really, lol? Well, they look great, can't wait for the whole thing.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Thanks, this one took a bit longer than expected and I actually had to call my GF in for help.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
I'm curious if anyone would use these and break the norm of poke sprites.

Female done.

Now to work on children.

Last edited:
Back