• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get Together 2010 Small Writing Contest [Results]

Bay

Years
I decided to post the results here because it seems the Get Together forums aren't accessible to the public now. >.>

Sorry for the lateness, everyone. Reading fics and scoring them takes a bit. >.> Okay, to recap, here are the entrants:

Ωmega
Jacqulilove
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Haruka of Hoenn
pieguy259
Giratina ♀
[.εternity]
trebornosliw
Bluerang1
Shrike Flamestar
moonlight kitsune of the night sky
Yuukihime
Masquerainisthajam
icomeanon6
Hitoshizuku
Jin-Roh

Now, here's what is going to happen. I have the total scores of me, Kishijoten, Zeffy, and Fuyu up and also the combined total score. Decided to not post the individual grammar, writing style, story/prompt scores because maybe some people don't want others to see that they had a low score in grammar, etc. If you guys want to see your individual grammar, writing style, and story/prompt scores too though, let me know and I'll send them through PM.

One other note: there are five ties, including one for second place. x_x However, as long as there aren't too many people in fourth place and such, it should be okay. XD

Okay, here are the scores, in order of highest score to lowest score:

RESULTS
Haruka of Hoenn [Maids of the East Wing]
Zeffy: 24
Kishijoten: 29
Fuyu: 28
Bay: 26
Total: 107

Giratina ♀ [The Cat and the Cradle]
Zeffy: 23
Kishijoten: 29
Fuyu: 30
Bay: 24
Total: 106

Shrike Flamestar [A Champion's Resolve]
Kishijoten: 26
Total: 106

Jacquilove [One foot in front of the other]
Zeffy: 22
Kishijoten: 27
Total: 105

Elite Overlord LeSabre™ [Eye of the Tiger]
Zeffy: 27
Kishijoten: 25
Bay: 25
Total: 105

[.εternity] [Origins]
Zeffy: 25
Kishijoten: 28
Bay: 23
Total: 104

icomeanon6 [A Matter of Stubbornness]
Zeffy: 22
Fuyu: 29
Bay: 28
Total: 104

Jin-Roh [The Misadventures of Detective Roh]
Zeffy: 26
Fuyu: 26
Total: 103

Yuukihime [none]
Bay: 22
Total: 102

Hitoshizuku [Leftovers]
Zeffy: 23
Kishijoten: 24
Total: 101

Bluerang1 [none]
Kishijoten: 26
Fuyu: 26
Total: 101

Masquerainisthajam [Bug Me, and You're Bound to Get Wet!]
Zeffy: 21
Kishijoten: 24
Fuyu: 29
Total: 99

Ωmega [A Want for a Belief]
Zeffy: 20
Total: 98

pieguy259 [Pokémon Chrysalis: Assault on Woodville]
Zeffy: 21
Fuyu: 25
Total: 96

moonlight kitsune of the night sky [Never Back Down]
Fuyu: 25
Bay: 20
Total: 94

trebornosliw [Hydra]
Zeffy: 19
Fuyu: 21
Bay: 22
Total: 89

Congrats Haruka of Hoenn for winning first place and for Shrike Flamestar and Giratina♀ for getting second! You guys should get the emblems from Astinus or another staff member shortly. Also, I want to say congrats everyone to for participating! You all did great! Lastly, want to thank the hosts (Kishijoten, Zeffy, and Fuyu) for able to help out with this event whenever I'm away and also for judging. Astinus I want to thank too for keeping everything peaceful during the event too.

Okay, now your guys turn to discuss the results and such. Until then, see you next SWC! I actually plan to enter next SWC *cough*

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. YOU GUYS CAN POST YOUR ENTRIES NOW! :p

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Emblems are handed out. If I screwed things up...sorry! But I don't think I did.

Congratulations to everyone. And I'm still beating myself up for getting a story idea for this prompt I could write after the deadline.

Looking forward to seeing fics posted, and to another great turnout at Halloween!

Years
First of all, I would like to congratulate the hosts on doing an excellent job in hosting this contest. Without you who knows how all this would have gone!
I would also like to congratulate the other participants for putting up such close results, as everyone can see. It was a fierce competition! I'm very surprised happy with the place I got, and I hope for the best for everyone at the next contest!

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
Years
Oh gosh... I really wasn't expecting this, but seriously, I'm honored. (And such a close call too. Some of these other stories must have been great!) Thank you judges, and congratulations to all the other winners! I can't wait to see all these stories posted. I'll post mine soon as well.

Again, congrats to everyone, and the hosts, on a great contest :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
HARUKA MAH GIRL! I told you you could do it :) Congratulations! (She's my forum pair, BTW)

Congrats to the other winners and everyone who participated! I see nothing but really good and really close scores here!

AND TIED FOR THIRD PLACE BOO-YA! Seriously, that's pretty good for something I whipped up in one night :P

And watch out if I'm selected to host it next year; the prompt could end up being "Buick LeSabre Limited xD

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Whoa whoa whoa whoa.
There must be some mistake.

It won... second place? And was just a point before first? o -o How did I evenget thatwith the fic? Here I was sure that I wouldn't get anywhere... but ah well. Good contest, y'all! :3

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
Years
I guess i'll be posting my short fic in it's own thread and then i guess linking it in this post. do hope to hear some feedback :) i was surprised to be so well liked it seems.

posted my short in the writers lounge for viewing. would love some feedback as I plan to develop these characters into an actual fiction.

Last edited:

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
Years
Are judges' notes available? Just so I can see what to improve on? :)

Other than that, congrats to those who won. I have to say, I enjoyed taking part in this contest.

Bay

Years
Are judges' notes available? Just so I can see what to improve on? :)

Other than that, congrats to those who won. I have to say, I enjoyed taking part in this contest.
Well, I just have their scores. If we try to do reviews too, it'll take at least two months to get this contest done. D: However, at least I can do a review of your fic if you want.

Giratina and Hitoshizuku, got your PMs about wanting to see the individual scores. I'll send them off tomorrow as I had a busy day today. D:

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Ah well, better luck next time for me then, lol.
I had a blast participating, thanks a lot for hosting this.

Back