• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I want a challenge where I can't basically solo it. Only single types and Normal/Flyings? Solo with Blastoise w/ Pidgeot for backup against Venusaur. GSC? Kadabra/Machoke duo. 3rd gen? A little bit trickier, this would be the most fun. 4th? Main with Staraptor, have a couple of gents for backup (esp for Volkner and Candice). I really liked the Gym Disadvantage one, because you had to keep switching out your team. Make more like this.

Hmm, I don't want to start a challenge, but here's an idea:

"You're an idiot" challenge: You can never, ever, during the course of the game, have a type advantage. This means that your pokemon's type cannot resist the opponent's type, and that your opponent's type cannot be weak to your type. For example:

Say I'm using Voltorb. You cannot use a ground type, as it is resistant, and does good damage against me. You also cannot use grass, because it's resistant against me. This means that nearly every type versus itself is outlawed, with the exception of normal. You'll have to switch your team around based on the trainers and the route. If you have a type advantage, you must immediately switch to a pokemon that does not, or run. If neither option is available, reload from your last save.

... So, anyone masochistic enough to try it?

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
Your'e a idiot challenge questions

Hmm, I don't want to start a challenge, but here's an idea:

"You're an idiot" challenge: You can never, ever, during the course of the game, have a type advantage. This means that your pokemon's type cannot resist the opponent's type, and that your opponent's type cannot be weak to your type. For example:

Say I'm using Voltorb. You cannot use a ground type, as it is resistant, and does good damage against me. You also cannot use grass, because it's resistant against me. This means that nearly every type versus itself is outlawed, with the exception of normal. You'll have to switch your team around based on the trainers and the route. If you have a type advantage, you must immediately switch to a pokemon that does not, or run. If neither option is available, reload from your last save.

... So, anyone masochistic enough to try it?

Are people allowed to use ghost types against ghost types? Because your opponents ghost type will be weak to you but you will be weak to them.Same for dragon types.

Also, using the Voltorb example, are people allowed to use pokemon with super effective moves,eg: Teddiursa with dig, Ursaring with earthquake?

Years
Are people allowed to use ghost types against ghost types? Because your opponents ghost type will be weak to you but you will be weak to them.Same for dragon types.

Also, using the Voltorb example, are people allowed to use pokemon with super effective moves,eg: Teddiursa with dig, Ursaring with earthquake?

To the first question: No. Although you're weak to them, they're weak to you as well. It's the same as a ice vs. ice, or any other type versus itself. Although they resist you, you resist them as well. So no, ghost and dragon types can't fight each other.

The second question is up to you for the most part, but I would say yes, simply because of the existance of Shedinja. If they aren't in the main storyline of the game, then I'll let you decide, but I would say yes. It means you need to be creative with your movesets.

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
6 Letters

This is my idea for a challenge.
First,you think of a 6 letter word eg pencil.Then, because the first lettter of pencil is p,you would use a pokemon beginning with p like pikachu. The second letter of pencil is e, so you would use a pokemon who has e as the second letter eg venusaur and so on till you get something that looks like this Pikachu
vEnusaur
piNeco
glaCeon
glalIe
lickiLicky

Years
Haha, I couldn't think of a better name for it, but if anyone else can think of one/wants to create a thread, feel free.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ya know, since most people don't really catch on to the more interesting challenges that we come up with in this thread, a thread doesn't have to be made. You could just do it on your own time without worrying about the updates. Just a thought, really. Cause I know I hate seeing really good challenge ideas go down the tube because no one even takes a second glance at it.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
That's what I'm doing, Syd. I usually just do like 3 solo challenges and then either one other challenge that we have, or one on my own. I'm currently working on a Catch 'em all challenge for every series. It's not a challenge that we have, but I still think it's important for me to do. I will eventually be cheating to get Celebi/Deoxys/Jirachi and stuff, but other than that, no master ball/rare candy cheats for me. I'm currently just after the S.S. Anne with like 20 Pokemon IIRC.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Only 20? Um dude, Gary has already caught 40 different kinds, pal! Crawl around in the grass!

But anyway, updating is such a hassle. I think that when you're running a thread, under challengers, we should just put "whoever feels like doing this challenge." Would save the time and effort. XD

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
You know what, that's a good idea Syd. The champion list can stay the same, but there are so many people doing the challenges that I think it would be a good idea for that to happen.

Also sad news. For some reason, My TBGDual or whatever that emulator is called, is having difficulty saving. I still have some other challenge (could potentially be either Zubat solo or Poison or Flying Mono challenge) saved, and I saved this numerous times both with savestates and with actually saving the game. No dice. Can anyone help me? Also, I don't know how to make VBA Link work. I'd prefer that one, because I like VBA better. Help there too?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh Lord. :( I would die if my emulator started acting up. Haven't ran it in a while, though. But you know, if you need an answer to that, you might wanna ask in the emulation section. I know we're a bit strict on those emulation/ROM rules, but...it must be said.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
OMG GOOD IDEA.

a Solo Nuzlocke.
Not sure how it would work out.

or maybe, you get a pokemon, the first pokemon you see, and you can only use that pokemon until the upcoming gym. then you have to catch another pokemon and release the one you had before.

for example, in red, you get a bulbasaur, train it, beat brock, catch a jigglypuff as the first poke you see (lucky or unlucky?). You have to release bulbasaur, use only jigglypuff, go through mt. moon, beat misty, then catch an oddish near nugget bridge, and release jigglypuff. and so on. It gets hard after the 8th gym, but at least you can basically catch pokemon from anywhere. maybe add the faint = death rule if youre feeling adventurous. but its not required. myrrhman, i challenge you to do this one!

(lots of grinding)

also, should i make a thread for this one? yes, im definitely making a thread, since i really want to participate. what should i name it?

Potential names:
This gym and this gym only
1 Pokemon 1 Gym
Solo Nuzlocke
GymSteps

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Okay, here are two of my ideas.

The Underleveled Challenge

Basically, no grinding. That means only go into the tall grass to capture Pokemon. If you kill them by mistake, it doesn't count. Exceptions : RSE's Poochyena / Zigzagoon from the start and DP's Starly.

The Deja Vu Challenge

This is a bit harder to understand. You need a game from every region, start at Kanto and go through all of them in order, with the form of the Pokemon in there.
For instance, if I start with Squirtle in FR, then capture a Pidgey and a Ratatta, in my Silver game I'll have to use Totodile, Sentret and Hoothoot.
Of course this only applies to some Pokemon. :P

Just tell me what you think ! :)

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
Hai people! its your second favorite challenger Redsaber! Now, I just started the Alpha-Fan, and now I am working on the MOST EPIC CHALLENGE ever, details will be released on this thread periodically!

Not-named challenge (codenamed Red Challenge)
Current details:
Will have some RP inputs on the thread

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
OMG GOOD IDEA.

a Solo Nuzlocke.

or maybe, you get a pokemon, the first pokemon you see, and you can only use that pokemon until the upcoming gym. then you have to catch another pokemon and release the one you had before.

for example, in red, you get a bulbasaur, train it, beat brock, catch a jigglypuff as the first poke you see (lucky or unlucky?). You have to release bulbasaur, use only jigglypuff, go through mt. moon, beat misty, then catch an oddish near nugget bridge, and release jigglypuff. and so on. It gets hard after the 8th gym, but at least you can basically catch pokemon from anywhere. maybe add the faint = death rule if youre feeling adventurous. but its not required. myrrhman, i challenge you to do this one!

(lots of grinding)

also, should i make a thread for this one? yes, im definitely making a thread, since i really want to participate. what should i name it?

Potential names:
1 Pokemon 1 Gym
Solo Nuzlocke
GymSteps

Talk to the person running the main thread and he can put in a category in the first post for a solo nuzlocke.

Okay, here are two of my ideas.

The Underleveled Challenge

Basically, no grinding. That means only go into the tall grass to capture Pokemon. If you kill them by mistake, it doesn't count. Exceptions : RSE's Poochyena / Zigzagoon from the start and DP's Starly.

The Deja Vu Challenge

This is a bit harder to understand. You need a game from every region, start at Kanto and go through all of them in order, with the form of the Pokemon in there.
For instance, if I start with Squirtle in FR, then capture a Pidgey and a Ratatta, in my Silver game I'll have to use Totodile, Sentret and Hoothoot.
Of course this only applies to some Pokemon.

Just tell me what you think !

First one sounds alright, but I'm sure you would only have to battle trainers then. Second one you would have to post a list of those certain Pokemon, of course.

Hai people! its your second favorite challenger Redsaber! Now, I just started the Alpha-Fan, and now I am working on the MOST EPIC CHALLENGE ever, details will be released on this thread periodically!

Not-named challenge (codenamed Red Challenge)
Current details:
Will have some RP inputs on the thread

Why do you say that as if this section is famous or something, idgi... You should really read the announcements. I'm not allowing for anymore threads that cover a challenge for all generations. Alpha fan isn't even popular enough to get one.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
OMG GOOD IDEA.

a Solo Nuzlocke.

(lots of grinding)

Potential names:
1 Pokemon 1 Gym
Solo Nuzlocke
GymSteps
You have yourself a deal. But, I have a condition. You must go through this thread, and make a list of every challenge that has been created, but not approved as a challenge. I'm going to do them all. If you do that, I'll get started as soon as I finish my Electric Monotype on Kanto.

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
Talk to the person running the main thread and he can put in a category in the first post for a solo nuzlocke.

First one sounds alright, but I'm sure you would only have to battle trainers then. Second one you would have to post a list of those certain Pokemon, of course.

Why do you say that as if this section is famous or something, idgi... You should really read the announcements. I'm not allowing for anymore threads that cover a challenge for all generations. Alpha fan isn't even popular enough to get one.
I just did again haha
Well Alpha-Fan I guess is gonna die *shrugs*

I'm still trying to find out how to make my challenge harder and more fun, I promise you guys won't be dissapointed with it!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^I'm the one running the Nuzlocke thread but Solo Nuzlocke is missing the point, I mean Nuzlocke is all about working together as a team. I'm sorry but I don't think I will allow it atm unless Sydian forces me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back