• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokémon: Manga Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
DEMO! and glitchs...

OKay so i played the demo up until route 02 where i fight a trainer and then it glitches and shut s down every-time i face a trainer.0_0

and professor oak literary jumps up stairs i mean where did he get these reflexes XD? but other than that it's great question are the graphics final?

! AvatarKris !

! Esteemed Medical Professional !
Years
YES!!!

I'm downloading it right now. I'll be critiquing it, so keep an eye out.

I hear there's alot of glitches...

OKay so i played the demo up until route 02 where i fight a trainer and then it glitches and shut s down every-time i face a trainer.0_0

and professor oak literary jumps up stairs i mean where did he get these reflexes XD? but other than that it's great question are the graphics final?

Soory, i geuss since this is my first game and first demo, there bound to be glitches, sorry for the inconvienience also...
Professor oak can't really be fixed, the script itself is buggy...graphics aren't final...i'll try to fix the trainer errors and post the correction, you can keep your save file though, i'm sure it will work with the game correction.

i've also got complains bout the ackward animation after the nidorino event and also the wild battle theme... i'll try to fix those as well.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
see, this is why you shouldn't release a demo so early-GLITCHMANIATIMES4

! AvatarKris !

Years
see, this is why you shouldn't release a demo so early-GLITCHMANIATIMES4

lol, man i've learnt my lesson... btw, the error with trainers was i put the script in common where it was capital therfore it read wrong.

I'll also correct a few event errors i've noticed while my friend was playing it...

Keep your save files guys ... you can continue from where you left off.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
okay, well good luck and don't rush off like an eager bidoof next time ^_^

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
I've a full page of errors so far and I just got to the point where Oak starts following you. I'll post them once I finish with Brock.

! AvatarKris !

Years
okay, well good luck and don't rush off like an eager bidoof next time ^_^

WOOT! I'mma bidoof !!!

I've a full page of errors so far and I just got to the point where Oak starts following you. I'll post them once I finish with Brock.

According to some ppl, you won't be able to get through the forest.

So far what's corrected:-
.Black screen under pallet town
.Seeing prof. oak in lab while he's following you
.spelling errors
.badge is in place
.trainers now work
.bad animation during nidorino event
.white spots on sprites

Errors to be corrected-
.Pokemon in music

Please, keep em' cocming so i can fix the errors known.
Sorry again ppl.
But other than these graphical & slight errors... how is the game overall

Enjoyable? Close enough to manga? Cutscenes too long? Nice to play along to.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
Here are the errors that I have so far, or just things that you can improve upon next release

-You have .mp3's in your game, but they are of the offical songs. To save file space, just use midi. Or use full .mp3 of music. It doesn't make much sense to use both midi and mp3.
-The keyboard commands when used to name characters is misleading. The "Z" key isn't an okay command.
-The trainer sprite of Red doesn't have a transparancy.
-Some of the text overlap into the text box border.
-The stairs in Red's room have a few white pixels which should be part of the transparent color. (Both sets of stairs.)
-Red's walking animation feels a little clunky. (Think, do I walk like that?)
-The PC in Red's room doesn't work.
-When Red says, "That's not how YOUR catch a Pokemon!" It's you, and the exclamation mark should be on the same line as the rest of the text. On the next line, it should say, "You have to weaken a Pokemon before you can catch it", or "You have to weaken Pokemon before you can catch them." On the next line, there needs to be a punctuation mark…
-Wild Nidorino sent out a Nidorino??? (I know you were doing that to prevent people from catching that Pokemon, but you don't even have any Pokeballs on you).
-When the letter I, is standing on its own, you capitalize it. Check all of the dialogue following the capture of Nidorino.
-Bugcatcher says, "Maybe he'll tach us to catch some!" Should be teach.
-All of the Rocket Grunts say the same thing. I think that you should add more features to them so that they don't sound so copy-pasted.
-The camper on Route one can't spell routes…
-The first camp site can be entered from the side. Just by walking along its edge.
-Red says, "Good…Those mean aren't here yet."
-I always here what sounds like Starcraft computer noises when I am in Pallet Town, is that normal?
-Takle is spelled Tackle.
-I'm going to stop talking about the punctuation, I'd fill up 30 pages of it, just read thru all the text and fix them. Grammar is really important.
-There are random cries being played at the intro to the Mew fight, as well as any other fight…hmm…particularly Bellsprout on the foe's side, and Feralagatr on my side.
-Pallet Town bridge has a black border. :/
-Fisherman on said bridge forgot about tenses.
-HUGE BLACK BORDER!!! OMG THE END OF THE WORLD!!! But yeah, careful with black edges around the game map.
-Game crashed upon entering the southeast house in Pallet. Says the map doesn't exist. Map048.rxdata.
-Same with the northwestern house, come on, man…

I hope these help so far.

! AvatarKris !

Years
Thanks alot for that list... I fixed most of that crap... but the bridge is drawn like that... it has a black border.
And i can't really fix the X sent out X cause i can't script a custom event for such events.

Sorry again, thanks you for list of errors, thxs for support and thx for patience

Here is a new link to a fixed version of the game demo:-
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZI4MLJN

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Use Megaupload. Rapidshare sucks. Horribly. No seriously, no one should have to wait 80 seconds just to download a 100MB file at 300KBps, and then have that be they're last download for the hour. Seriously, Rapidshare is an abomination of a file hosting service and it's only by some fluke that it's even popular.

Guy in Viridian City says "I'm on a STOLL with my son." by the way.

! AvatarKris !

Years
Dude will there be a version for the mac? =D

sorry idk how to make it for mac.

Use Megaupload. Rapidshare sucks. Horribly. No seriously, no one should have to wait 80 seconds just to download a 100MB file at 300KBps, and then have that be they're last download for the hour. Seriously, Rapidshare is an abomination of a file hosting service and it's only by some fluke that it's even popular.

Guy in Viridian City says "I'm on a STOLL with my son." by the way.
Sorry, It sucks at uploading as well...it'll use megaupload from now on

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Psynergist you said Takle is spelt tackle... tackle is right...

大輔

Adventurer
Years
Oh no I can try downloading it on my windows computer ^^ but its been crashing lately but yeah this is so cool =) I love the pokemon adventures series. (off topic) My favorite characters are Diamond, Pearl ,and Platinum because they are friends unlike the past dex holders. But Red is a legend

Btw I like your avatar Poeman "Soh-Cah-Toa!!" XDDD

! AvatarKris !

Years
omg... i make one change to a map and this happens ....
well, i'm still learnin.

Sorry, keep the save file though, i'll reupload what i think will be the final fixed version of demo1. I'll be more carefull in the future.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I really hope this Game gets finished! I recently got into the manga I've read it all (Up to date) and I was hoping someone would make a Hack or Game of the Manga.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back