• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM Feb. 2011] Pokémon Grey [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
PokemonGreyLogo.png
97666813.png
Information:
97666813.png

Name: Pokémon Grey
Hack Of: Pokémon FireRed (BPRE)
Creator: Astar
Language: English

550v.png
Storyline:
550v.png

A missing person always has a family.
You just never expect that family to be yours.
Six years ago was the day you lost your Sister forever...
She was in our world one minute and gone the next.​

Six years later and it's time to put the past to rest.
You've got a job working as one of Professor. Cedar's Aides.
However things are not what you'd expect them to be.
Your surrounded by lies and chaos and every time you get
close to the truth it slips further out of reach.​

shroomish.png
Features:
shroomish.png

* A whole new adventure set in the Vayne region.
* A brand new Hero to play as. (Trainer Grey).
* New tiles to give the game more beauty.
* Unusual starter Pokémon to make the game more difficult.
* ASM features such as time based events.​

And much more!

corphish.png
Media:
corphish.png

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Videos:
Spoiler:

numel.png
Bugs:
numel.png

There are currently no bugs in Pokémon Grey, fingers crossed!

However, if you do find one please let me know...​

breloom.png
Downloads:
breloom.png

Beta 1 - Click Here
Mirror - Click Here

crawdaunt.png
Team:
crawdaunt.png

Me: Everything that nobody else does.
Ray Maverick: Mapper/ Tile editor.
Shiny Quagsire: ASM Hacker.​

Thread CSS needed, any takers?

camrupt.png
Miscellaneous:
camrupt.png

Signiture Bar:

Code:
[PLAIN]
[URL="http://www.thepokemonboard.com/showthread.php?t=1127"][IMG]http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/70139.gif[/IMG][/URL]
[/PLAIN]
Fan Art:
Spoiler:

Awards:
Spoiler:

FAQ:
Spoiler:

dusknoirg.png
Credits:
dusknoirg.png

JPAN: For making an awesome engine!
ZodiacDaGreat & Intrdpth: For their fantastic D/N system.
Shiny Quagsire/Sparkles: For making ASM routines for me.
Colcolstyles: For all his help with ASM.
Leachim_Paloyz15: Allowing me to use the region name 'Vayne'.
~Red~: For making my cool userbar, please use it!
Cilerba: Thread CSS Logo.
NiKaNoRoU: For making the Rival's Overworld.​

If I've missed you off this list please PM me and I will edit it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Wow, pretty amazing, I'm surprised nobody has posted yet!
The tiles, scripts, story all look pretty good. :3

I did notice some grammar errors, though. Anyway, good luck, this is a great looking hack!

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
I love the graphics of this hack. The story is also interesting, somewhat psychological. And a scripting error: "Tig, your it" should be "Tag, you're it"

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2011
is the sixth screen shot a flashback?
I want to learn how did you the pallet all gray...

anyways awesome hack! keep it up. :)

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
Wow, pretty amazing, I'm surprised nobody has posted yet!
The tiles, scripts, story all look pretty good. :3

I did notice some grammar errors, though. Anyway, good luck, this is a great looking hack!

Thank you, If your refering to the 'Tig' thing, that is now fixed due to public demand. If you've found more which I'm guessing you have from 'errors', can you list them so I can fix them ASAP. I hate Grammar errors but sometimes I make stupid mistakes...

I love the graphics of this hack. The story is also interesting, somewhat psychological. And a scripting error: "Tig, your it" should be "Tag, you're it"

Thank you, That is fixed.
I'm glad you like the story, It took me a while.

is the sixth screen shot a flashback?
I want to learn how did you the pallet all gray...

anyways awesome hack! keep it up. :)

The grey palettes are created through ASM.
I myself only know how to activate it,
It's Colcolstyles that actually made it and gave me permission to use it.

Anyway in other news. :)

Mini-Update #1:

Trainer Grey Backsprite done. :)

Now I've got the Overworld, Trainer Sprite and Backsprite made I thought I'd ask for some general feedback.

trainergrey2.png

So what do you think?

Mini-Update #2:

I didn't think the Trainer Sprite went 100% with the backsprite or the Overworld so I did a bit of editing.
I have a new Trainer Sprite to show you:

greyy.png

The choice is yours to which one I use.
Depending on your views will change what Grey looks like.

Next task:

-Insert Pokémon Platinum Male bag.
-Add checkgender command to all scripts to allow Male/Female differences.
-Insert the freshly made Backsprite.

Last edited:

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Wow this is pretty decent, also loving the english-ness (and not american!) grey not gray and it not tag. Although I think some more FR tiles could be changed though.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
Wow this is pretty decent, also loving the english-ness (and not american!) grey not gray and it not tag. Although I think some more FR tiles could be changed though.

Tiles are dynamic currently meaning if I see something I like, it's going in! :D
Thanks for the comment.
I'm happy all the feedback so far is positive!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
The story is pretty cool and are you taking this project solo? I mean because it seems you're the only one hacking :3.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Very interesting hack. ;D

The story is very intriguing; You make me want to know more and sort of attracts me. I don't really like the idea of unusual starter pokémon though. I think it should be an average kind of pokémon. You could always change other things for the difficulty.

The time based events sound nice. The Real Time Clock in the screens look nice. The Grey flashback screen looks awesome XD. The text alignment on the bootscreen looks nice. I really hope you progress far.

Good luck.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
The story is pretty cool and are you taking this project solo? I mean because it seems you're the only one hacking :3.

Thank you, the story is definitely different and more serious to any other Pokémon hack/game.

Currently I am the only person working on this hack. I like to be in charge of everything but that doesn't mean I'm against team work.
A team member must have something I really like for me to accept them because as you can see I can handle pretty much everything myself.

Very interesting hack. ;D

The story is very intriguing; You make me want to know more and sort of attracts me. I don't really like the idea of unusual starter pokémon though. I think it should be an average kind of pokémon. You could always change other things for the difficulty.

The time based events sound nice. The Real Time Clock in the screens look nice. The Grey flashback screen looks awesome XD. The text alignment on the bootscreen looks nice. I really hope you progress far.

Good luck.

Everybody is posting really great comments.
I've never ever shown any of my work off until now because I didn't think it was any good.
I would always stop Rom Hacking due to me losing interest but this time I feel different as I have the support of the community.

As for all the ASM features you mentioned, I have some great people to thank for helping me. The starters in the game are Shroomish, Corphish and Numel. They follow the typical triangle, they all have 1 evolution and their all from Hoenn.

How are they for Starters?

Mini-Update:

Today I inserted scripts from my spare rom to my final rom.
That mean's I'm getting closer to an Alpha/Beta for you folks. ;)
Anyway fingers crossed if all goes to plan I may have some more screens for tomorrow. :D

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
This is really beautiful looking hack.
Concepts are very nice and I like player's OW.
Good luck with it =)

Thank you, I've put a lot of work into this as I want people to enjoy playing it. :)

Mini-Update:

I have a Map shot of a route I made yesterday.

The place it features is known as Hartshill Path and is the first route the Player reaches.

Spoiler:

The trees with the pink berries on will contain an event. :)

Credit to Dewitty for making those trees.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
hartshillpath.png

Really nicely done map. takes a while to get through it but then getting back down is a lot easier. Id suggest adding a cut tree or rock smash rock so that later it will be a lot easier to et back up instead of fighting low lvl pokemon.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
Really nicely done map. takes a while to get through it but then getting back down is a lot easier. Id suggest adding a cut tree or rock smash rock so that later it will be a lot easier to et back up instead of fighting low lvl pokemon.

That's not a bad suggestion.
I will have a mess around and find the best place to add some cut trees. :)

Milk

ガットミルク
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Wow this game looks great, and i really like the story. And your CSS isn't half bad either.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2021
I just took a look at the screens and they are pretty good. That's what makes me want to play your hack so badly

But...

The starters in the game are Shroomish, Corphish and Numel. They follow the typical triangle, they all have 1 evolution and their all from Hoenn.

How are they for Starters?

I'd like to make a suggestion as for the starters. My suggestion is to put in Magikarp, Slugma and Shroomish as the starters. They all have one evolution, there is one from each generation and all of the evolved forms have a 4x weakness (Gyarados - Electric; Magcargo - Ground; Breloom - Flying). Probably you'd have to change the stats and learnsets of some of the starters (*cough*Magikarp*cough*), change the wild appearences and remove the fish from actually being able to fish.

Tell me what you think about the suggestion and I understand if you don't use it.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
I just took a look at the screens and they are pretty good. That's what makes me want to play your hack so badly

But...

I'd like to make a suggestion as for the starters. My suggestion is to put in Magikarp, Slugma and Shroomish as the starters. They all have one evolution, there is one from each generation and all of the evolved forms have a 4x weakness (Gyarados - Electric; Magcargo - Ground; Breloom - Flying). Probably you'd have to change the stats and learnsets of some of the starters (*cough*Magikarp*cough*), change the wild appearences and remove the fish from actually being able to fish.

Tell me what you think about the suggestion and I understand if you don't use it.

Don't worry, you will be able to get your hands on it soon.
As for your suggestion, I'm afraid I'm keeping the starters as they are.
It's not that it's a bad suggestion as technically the starters would all be equal however I feel nobody would choose Magikarp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back