• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Eon Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
This project looks amazing! I couldn't find any links to this project on any forum for a while so I'm really excited to see how well its doing.

Years
I think you should keep the styles for the starters consistent as the rest of your other sprites. It'll look more clean in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Are you using a script for the spinning badges? If not, you probably should. Also, add some lighting to the spinning animation; at the moment, the direction it's spinning in is very ambiguous.

Here's something I whipped up in a few minutes; I haven't tested it yet, so it might have a bug or two.
Code:
badge_sprite.ox = badge_sprite.width / 2 #sets the sprite to rotate around the centre, not the left side.
angle = (frame * 2 * Math::PI) / max_frame # gets the angle of the sprite in radians.
zoom_x = Math::cos(angle) # circular motion uses sin or cos; I chose cos because it starts with the badge facing the viewer. Ranges between -1 and 1.
if zoom_x > 0 # if zoom_x is positive, the badge is facing towards you; if it's negative, it's facing away.
  badge_sprite.bitmap = front_bitmap 
else
  badge_sprite.bitmap = back_bitmap
end
if (((frame * 4) / max_frame) % 2) == 0 # This is a bit tricky; we need it to be shaded dark in the first and third quarters of the animation, and light in the second and fourth.
  badge_sprite.color.red = 0
  badge_sprite.color.green = 0
  badge_sprite.color.blue = 0
else
  badge_sprite.color.red = 255
  badge_sprite.color.green = 255
  badge_sprite.color.blue = 255
end
badge_sprite.color.alpha = 128 - (zoom_x.abs * 128) # Sets the alpha of the shading colour; zoom_x.abs is the same as zoom_x but disregards the sign (so a negative value becomes positive).
badge_sprite.zoom_x = zoom_x # Finally, sets the sprite's zoom_x. A negative value (when the back is shown) should flip the sprite; if it doesn't, then either flip the image of the back, or set badge_sprite.mirror.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
Years
WOW This Awesome i really got sad seeing auguast emerald thread closed but i am reilived that auguast emerald aint dead and man i must say that ur as good as dewitty or better and the game is going great Sure hope it doesnt stop in the middle like other games i know T_T.and here is a support banner
bannerox.png
i know it isnt that good but am a total noob lol hope u will accept it niknaks^^

Last edited:
Years
That support banner is nice enough, but unfortunately it's not that useful to us now. As, after weeks of discussion and thinking, we've decided to change the name. Not to distance ourselves from the original game, but from Emerald. Enough people think this is a remake, and it isn't. It's a sequel, and, as such, it's a distinct game. So now it's got a distinct name.

thelogo2.png

New logo by defno

To go along with it, we've got some beautiful pixel art from Conan Edogawa that we'll be using as our title screen:

NikNakspixelover-2.png

That's right, the game's mascots are the Eon duo. No prizes for guessing why we chose Eon as the new name. xD

We've also moved away from Planet Development after a long and happy stay there due to a few connection issues, so visit us at our new site [link removed].

Last edited by a moderator:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
AMG EON VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's looking pretty sweet, guys.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I wasn't sure when you wanted to showcase that, I never expected it to be the title screen. If you need any more work from me don't hesitate to ask.

Years
Sorry. I completely forgot about the no-linking-to-forums-in-threads rule, so the announcement is now linked in my signature.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! hope this game still turns out good even without you.

Years
  • Seen today
when is this game done

please tell me

i hope its done next week

and its a nice game good work

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
What did I tell you Niknaks it was renamed.

Years
Please hurry up and get a demo!! I cant wait much longer this looks waaay to epic

when is this game done

please tell me

i hope its done next week

and its a nice game good work

People need to stop asking for demos,and when the game is going to come out.

1.) It's against the rules

2.) It takes a while to write the codes, even then it needs to be debugged, and even sometimes the code isn't right so they gotta write the code until it is right.

3.) It takes A LOT longer for games to be finished, probably between a half year to 2 years

All in all, stop asking. Its annoying to the developers and the people/fans viewing this thread

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I agree with MajorLeagueGamer.
What you people are doing could get
really annoying to the developer.

I don't mean to call you a noob or anything, but it really does warm my heart when newer members of the community recognize how much work goes into a fangame and don't spam with demo requests. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back