• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black and White Battle Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Global variable abuse ITT.

Using global variables willy-nilly is bad practise in an object-oriented language like RGSS. Just thought I'd let you guys know. You could, for example, add a @battler instance variable, which is set when the PokemonBattlerSprite is created or the current Pokémon is switched.

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
Years
Okay the commands aren't frozen anymore, but the trainer battles are still pretty bugged. The opponent just says there and the pokemon that they own are sent onto my side, overlapping my own. Other than that, I like it. I hope that this gets fixed, and maybe the speed at which they animate to slow down a bit. I can figure that much on my own I bet.

Can't wait for your next script CNG. You're awesome.

EDIT: Also, can you make it so that the pokemon go back to moving up and down 1 pixel when your selecting an action? It seems like the sprite would appear less static that way.
Also the wild pokemon aren't animated.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
You could just use Benton gif animator

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/?showtopic=229334
it can loop the sprite for the whole battle.

Lol, I'm bored so you can just send me sprites and I'll make them animated if you want! EX

Also, I'll try and rip some sprites too. They already released a bunch of comercials for
it on youtube so I'll rip sprites from those videos.

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
I'd rather use this script. I don't want to have to change every single sprite when I can just use this script to achieve the same thing. (In theory.)

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
oh, how do insert it into Pokemon Essentials? (btw i have a Black & white battle textbox)

Gmack

I'm back!
Years
Do you mean the Pokemon Animating script or the GIF animator?
The GIF animator is a separate application, and cannot be put into
Pokemon Essentials nor Rpg Maker XP. (that's kind of obvious though.)

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
okay, but i cant review it in PhotoShop. How do i put it in Pokemon Essentials?

Do you mean the Pokemon Animating script or the GIF animator?
The GIF animator is a separate application, and cannot be put into
Pokemon Essentials nor Rpg Maker XP. (that's kind of obvious though.)

Pokemon Animating Script, though how do i put the system in the Essentials?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
please I HOPE someone answers this. How do you go to PokemonUtilities?

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
I don't know if this really matters, but I found this shadowing tutorial on defiant art for pokemon Black and White.:D

at__bw_shadow_tutorial_by_xxsapphiregalexx-d2ydlt2.png

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
thats great, but what else we need is a tutorial for making Black/White animated sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back