ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1251    
Old September 17th, 2010 (11:44 AM).
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91 miksy91 is offline
Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: A small country in the North
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 1,435
    "One sentence in Gary's talk outside of Oak's lab is outta bar.
    Also when you receive pokeballs sentence is outta bar.
    But that's because of the thing I've named myself Satoshi instead of Ash. All sentences that are outta bar are because of my long name."

    In G/S/C the number of letters available to be given for the name of the hero is determined by one single byte. If it's the same in FR too, you could just try to find that byte (using documents) and change it.
    __________________
    My Rom Hack



    Fixing bugs in a ROM hack
    CP of encountered pokemon in GO

    Learn how to hack GB/C games:

    Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
    -The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #1252    
    Old September 17th, 2010 (11:48 AM).
    Disrupter's Avatar
    Disrupter Disrupter is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2010
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 27
      I love this game, I'm playing it right now good job.
      __________________


      Reply With Quote
        #1253    
      Old September 17th, 2010 (12:43 PM).
      tvoza2's Avatar
      tvoza2 tvoza2 is offline
      Armored Skarmory
         
        Join Date: Mar 2010
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 117
        Ive played this game until i reach a blank grass map, so i think i hit the end of the beta, but it is absolutely amazing.
        one thing that bothers me is ash's backsprite, and you gotta find a way to prevent bulbasaur, charmander and squrtile from evolving, cause bulba and squrtle dont ever evolve in the anemie, and charmander cant make it to charizard, cause it nvr listens as a charmeleon, which even thought it dosnt listen to ash, it isnt supposed to evolve for a long time after it reaches lv 16. but no other problems ive seen.
        Reply With Quote
          #1254    
        Old September 17th, 2010 (9:28 PM).
        blade89's Avatar
        blade89 blade89 is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2009
          Posts: 29
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by tvoza2 View Post
          Ive played this game until i reach a blank grass map, so i think i hit the end of the beta, but it is absolutely amazing.
          one thing that bothers me is ash's backsprite, and you gotta find a way to prevent bulbasaur, charmander and squrtile from evolving, cause bulba and squrtle dont ever evolve in the anemie, and charmander cant make it to charizard, cause it nvr listens as a charmeleon, which even thought it dosnt listen to ash, it isnt supposed to evolve for a long time after it reaches lv 16. but no other problems ive seen.
          You could keep it form evolving by pressing b. As long as it stays charmander it will obey. So you could raise it to 35 let it evolve into chamelion then deal with it for one level until it evolves into charizard. I just keep it as a charmander for the time since having it evolve would be useless unless you want to go 100% like the anime. The way I play it is the choices that ash should have made like evolving pikachu.
          Reply With Quote
            #1255    
          Old September 18th, 2010 (4:49 AM).
          spoccino spoccino is offline
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 10
            how's going the production of this game... i really want to continue in the story...
            Reply With Quote
              #1256    
            Old September 18th, 2010 (1:11 PM).
            ~Teh Panda~'s Avatar
            ~Teh Panda~ ~Teh Panda~ is offline
            Sea of Dreams - Redux
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2007
            Posts: 906
            I'm sorry but this hack in my opinion is somewhat graphically unappealing and very strewn about. First of all your maps, I mean come on those are simply horrid. The first route is just grass strewn everywhere with a few paths and its just blehh.... I could not see terrain like that at all ever.

            As soon as I got in game I was just turned off.

            While your scripting seems to be pretty good I really would stress the importance of graphics.

            Although it seems enough of PC has fallen in love with this... I myself find this to be sub-par...

            Sorry to sound so rude but this hack in my opinion is horrid.
            __________________




            Mystic still in work to let you know...
            Reply With Quote
              #1257    
            Old September 18th, 2010 (3:27 PM).
            Quilava's Master's Avatar
            Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
            Shattered Dreams '13
               
              Join Date: Jul 2007
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 694
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~Teh Panda~ View Post
              I'm sorry but this hack in my opinion is somewhat graphically unappealing and very strewn about. First of all your maps, I mean come on those are simply horrid. The first route is just grass strewn everywhere with a few paths and its just blehh.... I could not see terrain like that at all ever.

              As soon as I got in game I was just turned off.

              While your scripting seems to be pretty good I really would stress the importance of graphics.

              Although it seems enough of PC has fallen in love with this... I myself find this to be sub-par...

              Sorry to sound so rude but this hack in my opinion is horrid.
              I agree that visually this game is a massive eye-sore, but it is very well put together. The scripts are amazing to say the least.
              __________________
              The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
              Reply With Quote
                #1258    
              Old September 18th, 2010 (8:44 PM). Edited September 18th, 2010 by Bulbasaurus Rex.
              Bulbasaurus Rex Bulbasaurus Rex is offline
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2010
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 31
                I'm currently stuck at Sabrina. Unless I do some massive level grinding to get Pikachu from L26 to L41 or so, so that I can outspeed Kadabra and Thunder Wave it, it's impossible for me to win (unless I could somehow get 3 critical hits in a row with Pikachu's and Pidgeotto's Quick Attacks with help from my Revive). Is there anything I'm missing to get Haunter to come back and get Kadabra to incapacitate itself laughing?

                Back at Maiden's Peak, is there some way to identify Gastly?

                By the way, you do know that Ash's Butterfree is almost certainly a boy (seeing as it went after a pink Butterfree), right? Oh, and "seven" in Spanish is "siete," not "sieta." Since when does Misty's Staryu know Counter, and shouldn't Jessie's Ekans/Arbok know Dig?

                At first, I started my game as a girl to see what would happen, and I like how you used the "Ashley" disguise, but the pajama sprite is still Ash, and you turn back into Ash when you get dressed after getting Pikachu. Also, the female battle sprite has color issues.

                Any thoughts on forcing us to release Butterfree? I saved, released it to see the scene (the other Butterfree should be pink), and reloaded the save so I could keep it. By the way, that jerk with the Raticate messed up Butterfree's moveset. Unless the Move Relearner is in the current version, I've lost Butterfree's Sleep Powder.

                Do you think you could give us access to some Everstones, as I've gotten tired of canceling the evolutions every time Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle gain a level? Yes, Charmander is supposed to evolve, but there's no point in doing that before the hack gets expanded to "Charizard Chills."
                Reply With Quote
                  #1259    
                Old September 18th, 2010 (10:06 PM).
                Quilava's Master's Avatar
                Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
                Shattered Dreams '13
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2007
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 694
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Bulbasaurus Rex View Post

                  By the way, you do know that Ash's Butterfree is almost certainly a boy (seeing as it went after a pink Butterfree), right? Oh, and "seven" in Spanish is "siete," not "sieta." Since when does Misty's Staryu know Counter, and shouldn't Jessie's Ekans/Arbok know Dig?"
                  Yes, I was rocked by that countering staryu too! That was the most painful gym ever! Especially since, unlike the original Fire Red, all I had to help me train was a bunch of weak Ekans and Rattata. In the end Pikachu being absent definitely hurt my chances. Also I do see potential for a game breaking oversight. If you fall into the holes at the secret gardens more times than you have escape ropes you are undoubtedly screwed. I was kinda disappointed that no Krabby event was present, same with an event for a Caterpie.
                  __________________
                  The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #1260    
                  Old September 19th, 2010 (1:07 AM).
                  XElectro XElectro is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 10
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
                    Yes, I was rocked by that countering staryu too! That was the most painful gym ever! Especially since, unlike the original Fire Red, all I had to help me train was a bunch of weak Ekans and Rattata. In the end Pikachu being absent definitely hurt my chances. Also I do see potential for a game breaking oversight. If you fall into the holes at the secret gardens more times than you have escape ropes you are undoubtedly screwed. I was kinda disappointed that no Krabby event was present, same with an event for a Caterpie.
                    You do know that you can catch a level 5 Caterpie somewhere between the entrance of Viridian Forest and the battle with Team Rocket, right?
                    Also, near Bill's Lighthouse, there's a little bit of beach with direct contact to the sea, just so you can catch the Krabby
                    Reply With Quote
                      #1261    
                    Old September 19th, 2010 (6:21 AM).
                    Quilava's Master's Avatar
                    Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
                    Shattered Dreams '13
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2007
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 694
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by XElectro View Post
                      You do know that you can catch a level 5 Caterpie somewhere between the entrance of Viridian Forest and the battle with Team Rocket, right?
                      Also, near Bill's Lighthouse, there's a little bit of beach with direct contact to the sea, just so you can catch the Krabby
                      I'm well aware of my ability to catch caterpie before the battle with team rocket, BUT being such an important anime event, as well as having a further episode dedicated to that one event (bye bye butterfree) i assumed we would be put in an event to catch one. Same with Krabby as that was the reason ash & co went into the lighthouse. To find some way to contact professor oak.
                      __________________
                      The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #1262    
                      Old September 19th, 2010 (6:58 AM).
                      TRXO's Avatar
                      TRXO TRXO is offline
                      PokeGames master
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2010
                        Location: Israel
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 58
                        [QUOTE=Quilava's Master;6166246]Yes, I was rocked by that countering staryu too! That was the most painful gym ever! Especially since, unlike the original Fire Red, all I had to help me train was a bunch of weak Ekans and Rattata. In the end Pikachu being absent definitely hurt my chances. QUOTE]

                        The best strategy I could find for that was leveling up Butterfree and using his Stun Spore to paralyze the other pokemon. That is the best strategy for Pewter gym too in case your Pikachu doesn't know Thunderwave or is not fast enough to use it before Brock's pokemon defeat it.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #1263    
                        Old September 19th, 2010 (7:32 AM).
                        Lugiaz Soul's Avatar
                        Lugiaz Soul Lugiaz Soul is offline
                        I support Crystal Dust
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2010
                          Location: West Sacramento, CA
                          Age: 23
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 142
                          I think metapod23 needs a dedicated mapper to help him out! Then the maps would be amazing!
                          Reply With Quote
                            #1264    
                          Old September 19th, 2010 (10:53 AM).
                          pendragon179 pendragon179 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2010
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 6
                            in my opinon the game is pretty good especially considering its the best remake of the anime that anyone has ever made. all the other remakes out there kinda stink so i for one am very impressed. Good work Metapod
                            Reply With Quote
                              #1265    
                            Old September 19th, 2010 (6:58 PM).
                            Bulbasaurus Rex Bulbasaurus Rex is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2010
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 31
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
                              Yes, I was rocked by that countering staryu too! That was the most painful gym ever! Especially since, unlike the original Fire Red, all I had to help me train was a bunch of weak Ekans and Rattata. In the end Pikachu being absent definitely hurt my chances.
                              Oh, I wasn't hurt by it. I just noticed that it used it once (which failed), while Misty's Staryu in the anime has never used it (just Tackle, Water Gun, and Swift). The Cerulean Gym was no problem for me with Pidgeotto's Sand Attack and Butterfree's Sleep Powder.

                              Anyway, any answers to my previos questions?
                              Reply With Quote
                                #1266    
                              Old September 20th, 2010 (6:15 AM).
                              metapod23's Avatar
                              metapod23 metapod23 is offline
                              Hardened Trainer
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2009
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Timid
                                Posts: 673
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by ~Teh Panda~ View Post
                                I'm sorry but this hack in my opinion is somewhat graphically unappealing and very strewn about. First of all your maps, I mean come on those are simply horrid. The first route is just grass strewn everywhere with a few paths and its just blehh.... I could not see terrain like that at all ever.

                                As soon as I got in game I was just turned off.

                                While your scripting seems to be pretty good I really would stress the importance of graphics.

                                Although it seems enough of PC has fallen in love with this... I myself find this to be sub-par...

                                Sorry to sound so rude but this hack in my opinion is horrid.
                                I'm not a mapper, and all the routes are simply based on the anime and I did the best I could. That being said, myself personally, I don't think that routes make or break a hack, and neither do graphics. Most of the graphics haven't been changed, and the ones that have are, imo, at least decent enough to tolerate. The focus of the hack is to recreate the events of the anime. My main area of skill is scripting, and since I have no team members for anything else, I'm left to carry that burden as well. I tried to start a team, but no one was interested. So the hack is what it is - my best attempt at an anime hack, replicating the events of the anime with as perfect accuracy as possible, with all the skills I have at my disposal.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Bulbasaurus Rex View Post
                                I'm currently stuck at Sabrina. Unless I do some massive level grinding to get Pikachu from L26 to L41 or so, so that I can outspeed Kadabra and Thunder Wave it, it's impossible for me to win (unless I could somehow get 3 critical hits in a row with Pikachu's and Pidgeotto's Quick Attacks with help from my Revive). Is there anything I'm missing to get Haunter to come back and get Kadabra to incapacitate itself laughing?
                                You have to beat her. Paralysis is probably the best way to go.

                                Quote:
                                Back at Maiden's Peak, is there some way to identify Gastly?
                                Talk to the statue and go talk to the old woman/the man at the house (I forget which one triggers it, I think the old woman, as she gives you a Spell Tag) and then talk to the statue again.

                                Quote:
                                By the way, you do know that Ash's Butterfree is almost certainly a boy (seeing as it went after a pink Butterfree), right? Oh, and "seven" in Spanish is "siete," not "sieta." Since when does Misty's Staryu know Counter, and shouldn't Jessie's Ekans/Arbok know Dig?
                                Misty's Staryu does know Counter. It uses it in that episode:

                                http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Misty's_Staryu

                                Quote:
                                At first, I started my game as a girl to see what would happen, and I like how you used the "Ashley" disguise, but the pajama sprite is still Ash, and you turn back into Ash when you get dressed after getting Pikachu. Also, the female battle sprite has color issues.
                                I don't want anyone to choose the girl. It's called AshGray for a reason.

                                Quote:
                                Any thoughts on forcing us to release Butterfree? I saved, released it to see the scene (the other Butterfree should be pink), and reloaded the save so I could keep it. By the way, that jerk with the Raticate messed up Butterfree's moveset. Unless the Move Relearner is in the current version, I've lost Butterfree's Sleep Powder.
                                I don't want to force you to release Butterfree, because it was a choice that Ash made. I don't think it's necessary to force you to release it if you don't want to. And I couldn't make the trade work (at least with the trade animation happening) and return your Butterfree to you. I would have to use the Storage system and give you a Raticate without a trade actually happening.

                                Quote:
                                Do you think you could give us access to some Everstones, as I've gotten tired of canceling the evolutions every time Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle gain a level? Yes, Charmander is supposed to evolve, but there's no point in doing that before the hack gets expanded to "Charizard Chills."
                                Since Squirtle and Charmander never make active decisions not to evolve, I don't think I'm going to give Everstones for them. Bulbasaur receives one in the Mysterious Garden.
                                __________________
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #1267    
                                Old September 20th, 2010 (9:40 AM).
                                TRXO's Avatar
                                TRXO TRXO is offline
                                PokeGames master
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                                  Location: Israel
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 58
                                  The pc for the Pokedex rating isn't working.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #1268    
                                  Old September 20th, 2010 (3:47 PM). Edited September 20th, 2010 by AzNmamba.
                                  AzNmamba AzNmamba is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2010
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 6
                                    In Viridian Forest, where do you encounter the Beedrill? Cause I'm looking everywhere.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #1269    
                                    Old September 20th, 2010 (5:34 PM).
                                    dave88's Avatar
                                    dave88 dave88 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2010
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 17
                                      Pardon me for the strange question but I noticed you have the Legend of Dratini episode and was wondering if the stuff it was banned for is still there There may be a kid playing this so I kinda need to know. Thanks!
                                      __________________

                                      I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.




                                      FR 3/8, SS 0/16, R 0/8, P 0/8, B2 0/8, Y 0/8

                                      Other Ongoing Challenges:
                                      The Hated Challenge (on hold until I get Gen VI game)
                                      The BINGO Challenge
                                      The Favorite Challenge III
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #1270    
                                      Old September 20th, 2010 (7:26 PM).
                                      Bulbasaurus Rex Bulbasaurus Rex is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Sep 2010
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 31
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by metapod23 View Post
                                        You have to beat her. Paralysis is probably the best way to go.

                                        OK, but it's going to take quite a while to raise Pikachu from L26 to L41 or so on the available Pokémon, as I still have to outspeed it once to Thunder Wave it. Could we at least have access to a Quick Claw?

                                        Misty's Staryu does know Counter. It uses it in that episode:

                                        I'm pretty sure that was just a generic battle command, not the actual attack "Counter," as a Staryu can't learn Counter, and all it did in that case was attempt to use a regular Tackle. If you're going to be that strict, at least make Brock's Onix and Jessie's Ekans/Arbok know Dig, as they used it constantly (although the command was usually something like "go underground.")

                                        I don't want anyone to choose the girl. It's called AshGray for a reason.

                                        Then you should probably keep us from picking her.

                                        Since Squirtle and Charmander never make active decisions not to evolve, I don't think I'm going to give Everstones for them. Bulbasaur receives one in the Mysterious Garden.
                                        I meant make Everstones available in an early PokéMart or let us find a few in Mount Moon or something like that.

                                        Here's a few other suggestions I forgot to mention earlier: Shouldn't Samurai apologize after you beat Beedrill and save Metapod? There's only 5 Squirtle in the Squirtle Squad, not 6. I'd like to see a battle against Meowth after the initial Team Rocket double battle in the Viridian Forest, as that's one of the few times that he actually tries to battle.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #1271    
                                        Old September 20th, 2010 (7:38 PM).
                                        ~Teh Panda~'s Avatar
                                        ~Teh Panda~ ~Teh Panda~ is offline
                                        Sea of Dreams - Redux
                                        • Silver Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2007
                                        Posts: 906
                                        Well if you want someone to insert some new tiles and refine maps then I could help a bit aside from the time I spend at school / on my hack I would be glad to help you out with graphics a little, and yes I forgot to mention your scripting is quite nice.
                                        __________________




                                        Mystic still in work to let you know...
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #1272    
                                        Old September 21st, 2010 (2:28 AM).
                                        Dzikry Dzikry is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2010
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 1
                                          I cant wait till the latest beta!!!!im up till the episode who gets to keep togepi and im stuck there what to do to the jigglypuff???
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #1273    
                                          Old September 21st, 2010 (3:45 AM). Edited September 21st, 2010 by irvinirvin.
                                          irvinirvin irvinirvin is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2010
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 1
                                            i'm stucked at bill's lighthouse
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #1274    
                                            Old September 22nd, 2010 (1:21 AM).
                                            TRXO's Avatar
                                            TRXO TRXO is offline
                                            PokeGames master
                                               
                                              Join Date: Aug 2010
                                              Location: Israel
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 58
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by AzNmamba View Post
                                              In Viridian Forest, where do you encounter the Beedrill? Cause I'm looking everywhere.
                                              If you have a Metapod and you use it's harden you will fight the Beedrill when you take it back.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #1275    
                                              Old September 22nd, 2010 (2:09 PM).
                                              AzNmamba AzNmamba is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jan 2010
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 6
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by TRXO View Post
                                                If you have a Metapod and you use it's harden you will fight the Beedrill when you take it back.
                                                Oh, guess I leveled up my Metapod too much. It evolved during the battle with the samurai.
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                Reply
                                                Quick Reply

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:22 AM.