• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
iv got a little problem iv i want to open it that error message opened
Spoiler:

im sorry its on german there stand something like :" the tool coudnt be Inistaled (0xc0000135)
press ok vor closing

how can i fix this ? =O

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
When I try to open my hack(FireRed based) on it, the following message appears:

"Ocorreu uma excepção não tratada no aplicativo.
[...]
InvalidArgument=Value '0' não é um valor válido para 'SelectedIndex'.
Nome do parâmetro: SelectedIndex."

And my YAPE can't open any FireRed rom.

I'm Brazilian, and I use the Brazilian Portuguese Windows ^^'

-------

hm, fixed! (I have to format my PC, but because a virus. I lose all my sprites D=)

Last edited:

potatoman12

That Annoying Guy
Years
Hmm, I'm still confused as to how to edit how many moves a Pokemon can learn. I'm trying to make Caterpie learn quite a bit more moves, and obviously there's a limit on how many moves it can learn (in this case 2). Is there any way to increase the limit on moves learned without taking away moves from other pokemon? I know this was said in the intro, but I'm not sure I quite understand it :(

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Hmm, I'm still confused as to how to edit how many moves a Pokemon can learn. I'm trying to make Caterpie learn quite a bit more moves, and obviously there's a limit on how many moves it can learn (in this case 2). Is there any way to increase the limit on moves learned without taking away moves from other pokemon? I know this was said in the intro, but I'm not sure I quite understand it :(

You can't with this tool, you need to remove moves from other Pokemon. The greatest way for this is the Evolutions of Pokemon. Some Evolutions have the same moves listed twice in the Move menu, so just delete one of them for space.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Ah! Perfect! When I left the scene two years ago, then started coming up with ideas recently, I was afraid there still wouldn't be any easy modifying of the breeding groups. YAAAAY!
One question: Is it possible to make a single Pokémon evolve into one of two evolutions separately based on gender? In other words, say you've got one Pokémon that can be male OR female, and you want it to evolve into a male-only Pokémon at level 20 if it's male, and a DIFFERENT female-only Pokémon at 20 if it's female. Would that work? Or would it clash values and just evolve all of them to the top Pokémon in the chain?

EDIT: Post 420! Yay!!!!!.....? Um, there are children here, I won't elaborate...

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Ah! Perfect! When I left the scene two years ago, then started coming up with ideas recently, I was afraid there still wouldn't be any easy modifying of the breeding groups. YAAAAY!
One question: Is it possible to make a single Pokémon evolve into one of two evolutions separately based on gender? In other words, say you've got one Pokémon that can be male OR female, and you want it to evolve into a male-only Pokémon at level 20 if it's male, and a DIFFERENT female-only Pokémon at 20 if it's female. Would that work? Or would it clash values and just evolve all of them to the top Pokémon in the chain?

EDIT: Post 420! Yay!!!!!.....? Um, there are children here, I won't elaborate...
Nope not that i know of with this tool. You would have to create a whole new pokemon with only one gender and evolve it that way i guess. Ie. have ralts|M| and ralts |F| which evolves into KIRLIA |M| or KIRLIA |F| and have KIRLIA |F| evolve into Gardevoir while KIRILIA |M| evolves into either Gardevoir or Gallade...complicated yes i know

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Do you plan to add German ROM support? I'm missing some offsets (I was able to get most of them, but not all.)

jemon

Eevee's Plaything
Years
Why don't you people realize she isn't coming back, hasn't logged on in 2 years, let this thread die.

if somebody could get hold of the source files, they could carry on where YAPE left off?

Is there a more recent/better editor?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
Why don't you people realize she isn't coming back, hasn't logged on in 2 years, let this thread die.

Even if she isn't coming back, this is still a good tool that should be very easy to find.

This tools works wonders, I have not had a problem with it yet. It's very easy, and I can actually understand it! o:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm not saying it isn't, I'm saying I don't understand why people keep posting requesting for additional features and updates, when it's clearly not going to happen.
And the source flies are on her computer. SO, unless you have her E-Mail address, and she feels like reading it, you're not going to make any leadway.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
My copy of YAPE can't open any FireRed rom, again. About 4 months ago, this error happened, apparently, with no reasons, then I formated my PC(beacuse a virus infected it). The error gone, I could edit my hack. But, it returned. I tried to uninstall Framework 3.5, but it said that the unistallation will affect other programs. When I try to open my rom, YAPE says: "InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'". Any suggestions?

EDIT: When I open a FireRed rom, the error shows, and if I select "Continue" and try to load a LeafGreen rom, it says: "InvalidArgument=Value of '65' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'".

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2010
I used it on a FireRed ROM I had already edited and it opened fine. Later that day, when I tried to open the same ROM again an error came up saying 'Unrecognised ROM'. It opens all my spare FireRed ROM. Any ideas because I don't want to have to start again on a game I've already put 8 or so hours into.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I used it on a FireRed ROM I had already edited and it opened fine. Later that day, when I tried to open the same ROM again an error came up saying 'Unrecognised ROM'. It opens all my spare FireRed ROM. Any ideas because I don't want to have to start again on a game I've already put 8 or so hours into.

If you have the rom open in another programme when you try to open it in YAPE, YAPE can't read it properly. Just make sure that if you're gonna use YAPE that the rom isn't open in anything else.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2010
None of the programmes are recognizing the ROM so I think its corrupted. I'll just back up more often now.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Well so far this is the best tool I have used. The only down side I see is that you can't edit the moves they learn by breeding. But other than that this is the ultimate pokemon data editor.

Back