• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
can i Fly there? Surf? take a Boat? everywhere i look online stops after telling you how to get the Rainbow Pass which i already have, but they dont give any directions on how to actually travel to the Islands.

The first time you head there you need to take one of the boats and select Five Island as your destination. Afterward, you can fly there, but only from Four Island or another spot on Five Island. Otherwise, you need to take the boat every time.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
hey thx to u all so much for the help with the boat :)

is there a way to get Roselia in Pokemon EMERALD or LeafGREEN? im reading mixed opinions.

i want to breed a chansey with Aromatherapy. i tried breeding Parasect with Aroma to Hoppip, to in theory- make a male hoppip w. aroma to breed to chansey to make chansey with aroma.

but for no reason at all, Aromatherapy cant be breed to hoppip until D/P/P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
hey thx to u all so much for the help with the boat :)

is there a way to get Roselia in Pokemon EMERALD or LeafGREEN? im reading mixed opinions.

i want to breed a chansey with Aromatherapy. i tried breeding Parasect with Aroma to Hoppip, to in theory- make a male hoppip w. aroma to breed to chansey to make chansey with aroma.

but for no reason at all, Aromatherapy cant be breed to hoppip until D/P/P

Roselia is exclusive to Ruby/Sapphire.

Just breed male Roselia with female Chansey.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
@ Luvrdisc & Aromatherapy:

Roselia to be traded/transferred from Ruby or Sapphire **TO** your Emerald/LG is likely your only option. Unless you have a Gamecube shadow game (Colosseum and/or XD, with a GBA-to-Gamecube cable).

Or find someone to "borrow" a Roselia from or the game of. If you are "older", a neighborhood youth may have such stuff so as to help. Such a method would be cheaper costwise.

can i Fly there? Surf? take a Boat? everywhere i look online stops after telling you how to get the Rainbow Pass which i already have, but they dont give any directions on how to actually travel to the Islands.

Vermilion City pier. Talk to the Sailor guy. He'll ask which island you wish to visit.

Fly betweens:
~1, 2, and 3
~4 and 5
~6 and 7
~otherwise boat between

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
What should I teach my Linoone? This is in-game only, btw, so I can't do anything like guarantee a certain type of hidden power.

Here's what I think I want it to be:

Linoone @ Shell Bell (I have leftovers on my Ludicolo, and can't repeat hold items for the battle frontier)

Return
Belly Drum
Shadow Ball
??? (Maybe Facade)

What should go in the last slot? I'm pretty sure about the first 3, but feel free to make suggestions about those, too. If I didn't use Facade, I might put a Lum Berry on instead since Belly Dance won't give me any health back from Shell Bell.

Another option might be Iron Tail...

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I want to say Facade, since status moves are a frequent in Battle Frontier, especially the Pike. Personally, I'd just go along with Facade, because I can't think of a lot of other options for Linoone. You might consider waiting on some more feedback though. I just wanted to say that I agree with Facade, lol.

Belly Drum btw. lol

Last edited:

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
Imma go with Syd. I usually get hit with a lot of status ailments, especially in the Pyramid, and Facade definitely helped in those types of situations. I've seen a lot of Toxics and Thunder Waves in the Battle Dome, too.
Hariyama + Guts + Facade = ftw

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Since you are going with Belly Drum I would give it rest and a lum berry as you cutting your life in half to max your attack doesn't work all that great if you get KO'ed on that turn. So its a risk but at least Rest would give you your health back. Thats really the only thing I can think of to go with Belly Drum besides Facade which is not a bad idea.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
^ Thanks all for the input :).

I'm still just at my 6th badge, so I don't need to decide yet, but I think I am leaning towards Facade. Rest, as Gearuvagen mentioned, is a good alternative, especially since Belly Drum cuts 1/2 of its HP, and I'm still going back and forth between the 2.

I just think I'm leaning more towards Facade because if I get hit with some status ability before I can use Rest, then it becomes less useful, since I'll have to sit out 2 turns while it sleeps. I think I just need to be careful about what I let hit it -- non fighting-type pokemon that preferably attack more with physical than special.

Ghost-pokemon especially will be good since their ghost-type moves won't affect him and shadow ball will be doing max damage. The only problem with them would be Curse, I guess.

It has pretty good speed, so even if I got hit with a burn or poison after using BD, if I ended up going first for each of the remaining pokemon, I'd live through taking some burn or poison dmg and probably could take out everything, even rock/steel types.

Makes me wish I could get a Salac Berry in-game =(.

Hey guys :)! I hate to ask another question and I hope it's not too dumb but...Does Belly Drum's attack power bonus still count if you switch the pokemon that used it out during battle?

I used my Linoone's Belly Drum on Phoebe's Dusclops, but when it put a curse on me, I switched it out. It then confused my next pokemon, so I switched it back and used Shadow Ball. But for some reason, Shadow Ball didn't 1 shot it, despite the fact that attack power should've been maxed and my Linoone is 6 levels higher than her Dusclops.

So I'm going to assume the attack power bonus doesn't stay, but I wanted to double-check here, in case Linoone's attack power really is just that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

mal'akh

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
Hey guys :)! I hate to ask another question and I hope it's not too dumb but...Does Belly Drum's attack power bonus still count if you switch the pokemon that used it out during battle?

I used my Linoone's Belly Drum on Phoebe's Dusclops, but when it put a curse on me, I switched it out. It then confused my next pokemon, so I switched it back and used Shadow Ball. But for some reason, Shadow Ball didn't 1 shot it, despite the fact that attack power should've been maxed and my Linoone is 6 levels higher than her Dusclops.

So I'm going to assume the attack power bonus doesn't stay, but I wanted to double-check here, in case Linoone's attack power really is just that bad.
No, just like any other move that will increase a type of stat, Belly Drum wears off the moment you switch your Pokemon, unless Baton Pass is used.

But you'd think with Belly Drum's penalty you'd at least get to use its effect all battle. :c

Petemon

GO Abra
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
is there a hamachi trade corner like the wifi one here if not can someone trade me a zangoose or the johto starters

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You might wanna check out the wifi section, as this section only deals with games on Game Boy Advance, which don't have wifi.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
The rematch feature of 3rd Generation is called Trainers Eye, which is a Poke Navi App you receive from the president of the Devon Corporation.

mal'akh

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
The rematch feature of 3rd Generation is called Trainers Eye, which is a Poke Navi App you receive from the president of the Devon Corporation.
But the app comes with the PokeNav automatically. Not to be confused with a Poketch app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back