Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Which tiles should I use?
The Current Tiles 7 35.00%
The FireRed Tiles (With Edits) 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old October 7th, 2010 (7:58 PM).
FireShock FireShock is offline
Trainer
     
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 63
    Beta two is for the most part finished. All that's left is a few scripts in the last gym of the beta. After that I will need some people for beta testing. So if you would like to beta test please let me know.

    Now, on to the main problem of my hack. The tiles. While there are people that like them, there are other people that dislike them because of how overused they are. So, I will put up a poll to decide which tiles I'll be using for this hack. The choices are between the current tiles and the FireRed tiles with some edits.

    Also, from now on, if you have a question about my hack please PM or VM me instead of posting here.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #102    
    Old October 7th, 2010 (11:26 PM).
    chriskid198's Avatar
    chriskid198 chriskid198 is offline
    Happy New Year!
       
      Join Date: Jul 2010
      Location: Australia
      Age: 20
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 161
      I would like to Beta test.

      I don't have any past experience, but you need to start somewhere, right?
      Reply With Quote
        #103    
      Old October 19th, 2010 (11:27 AM).
      GreenLatios's Avatar
      GreenLatios GreenLatios is offline
         
        Join Date: Oct 2010
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 3
        Hmmm... the tiles look good, but the old FR tiles seem old an boring.

        The mining thing looks interesting. Are you trying to make it like D/P/P Sinnoh underground?
        __________________
        ... What??? Shiny Latios are TURQUOISE?
        Reply With Quote
          #104    
        Old October 20th, 2010 (10:33 AM).
        MaX Kazuki's Avatar
        MaX Kazuki MaX Kazuki is offline
        The QZ
           
          Join Date: Oct 2010
          Location: SunnyShore City, Sinnoh
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Mild
          Posts: 27
          i wanna confirm something,
          if i play beta 1 and save after 3rd gym battle ,can i continue it on beta 2 ?
          Reply With Quote
            #105    
          Old October 22nd, 2010 (11:56 PM).
          SilentWing's Avatar
          SilentWing SilentWing is offline
          クロバット
             
            Join Date: Apr 2007
            Location: In Every Cave
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 103
            The tiles are overused? Generic? These tiles look utterly gorgeous. I've yet to see a showcased hack actually stick with them for the long haul, making these gems actually much rarer in mature hacks.

            The FR tiles are the ones that are overused, since all the "major" hacks here use them! :P ;)

            You're so close to a full-gym beta; why turn back on the tiles now, eh? Might as well "edit" these ones or refresh them with some even more daring new ones. But FR again?

            Cheers!
            __________________

            I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
            Reply With Quote
              #106    
            Old October 24th, 2010 (9:05 AM).
            Surge360's Avatar
            Surge360 Surge360 is offline
               
              Join Date: Jul 2010
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 4
              FireShocked, Would you be able to let me test it? (I'm Brian2one0 on youtube) Just send me a message from your account. Surely your remember me.
              Reply With Quote
                #107    
              Old October 24th, 2010 (1:47 PM).
              FireShock FireShock is offline
              Trainer
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2009
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 63
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MaX Kazuki View Post
                i wanna confirm something,
                if i play beta 1 and save after 3rd gym battle ,can i continue it on beta 2 ?
                Well, after this update I highly recommend that you start a new file.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
                The tiles are overused? Generic? These tiles look utterly gorgeous. I've yet to see a showcased hack actually stick with them for the long haul, making these gems actually much rarer in mature hacks.

                The FR tiles are the ones that are overused, since all the "major" hacks here use them!

                You're so close to a full-gym beta; why turn back on the tiles now, eh? Might as well "edit" these ones or refresh them with some even more daring new ones. But FR again?

                Cheers!
                They do look nice, but I think I'm better off with the FireRed tiles. And by looking at the poll other people think so too.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Surge360 View Post
                FireShocked, Would you be able to let me test it? (I'm Brian2one0 on youtube) Just send me a message from your account. Surely your remember me.
                Yes, I do remember you. I'll message you on there.

                Well, I'm gonna hold off on releasing beta two for now. That is because I'm going to update the tiles with the FireRed ones. I also think this is the perfect time to go back and update all of my maps with a different style. Everything else for beta two is finished.

                Anybody that was going to beta test still can when it's ready. I hope to have beta two finished with in the next month.
                Reply With Quote
                  #108    
                Old November 5th, 2010 (12:04 AM).
                chriskid198's Avatar
                chriskid198 chriskid198 is offline
                Happy New Year!
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2010
                  Location: Australia
                  Age: 20
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 161
                  FireShock, how's Beta 2 coming? Have you finished updating the Tiles with FireRed ones yet?
                  __________________
                  Looking for Team Members for my game! PM me if your interested.
                  VDex:
                  GPX+:
                  Reply With Quote
                    #109    
                  Old November 5th, 2010 (11:32 AM).
                  FireShock FireShock is offline
                  Trainer
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2009
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 63
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by chriskid198 View Post
                    FireShock, how's Beta 2 coming? Have you finished updating the Tiles with FireRed ones yet?
                    It's coming along nicely. I've got all of the FireRed tiles back in to my hack along with some other ones. All I've got to do is remap everything. I'm about half way done with that. Then Beta Two should be ready for beta testing.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #110    
                    Old November 6th, 2010 (1:12 AM).
                    Cryostylz's Avatar
                    Cryostylz Cryostylz is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2010
                      Location: TAIWAN!!!!
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Hardy
                      Posts: 32
                      uhh don't mean to be complaining or anything, but I found it a bit easy - even through beating Chris took me some time, i beat him with only a medium team
                      lvl 45 Charizard, lvl 6 Sandshrew, lvl 7 pikachu, lvl 13 nidoran, lvl 20 Onamyte (however you spell it) and a lvl 25 Scizor
                      I was wondering if it could be made a little bit harder XP because its a great hack and with a great storyboard, it is just a bit easy. Though I love the idea of looking through a recycling bin to find items. Love the idea of Renon Underground though and the new ideas. Though I don't know if it is only me, but when I enter and exit Cerise Forest, the rain continues to fall until i get next to the pokemon center (it is a bit picky and i don't really mind rain for a few more tiles). And, is there a map? or did I forget to get it at the start ? Still, a great hack and an immense pleasure to play
                      Reply With Quote
                        #111    
                      Old November 6th, 2010 (4:58 PM).
                      chriskid198's Avatar
                      chriskid198 chriskid198 is offline
                      Happy New Year!
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2010
                        Location: Australia
                        Age: 20
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 161
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by FireShock View Post
                        It's coming along nicely. I've got all of the FireRed tiles back in to my hack along with some other ones. All I've got to do is remap everything. I'm about half way done with that. Then Beta Two should be ready for beta testing.
                        Okay, cool.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Cryostylz View Post
                        uhh don't mean to be complaining or anything, but I found it a bit easy - even through beating Chris took me some time, i beat him with only a medium team
                        lvl 45 Charizard, lvl 6 Sandshrew, lvl 7 pikachu, lvl 13 nidoran, lvl 20 Onamyte (however you spell it) and a lvl 25 Scizor
                        I was wondering if it could be made a little bit harder XP because its a great hack and with a great storyboard, it is just a bit easy. Though I love the idea of looking through a recycling bin to find items. Love the idea of Renon Underground though and the new ideas. Though I don't know if it is only me, but when I enter and exit Cerise Forest, the rain continues to fall until i get next to the pokemon center (it is a bit picky and i don't really mind rain for a few more tiles). And, is there a map? or did I forget to get it at the start ? Still, a great hack and an immense pleasure to play
                        Try going through the game and raise an even team. No wonder its easy, you got a level 45 Charizard..
                        __________________
                        Looking for Team Members for my game! PM me if your interested.
                        VDex:
                        GPX+:
                        Reply With Quote
                          #112    
                        Old December 29th, 2010 (7:06 PM).
                        Konekodemon's Avatar
                        Konekodemon Konekodemon is offline
                        The Master of Pokemon Breeding
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2007
                        Location: NC
                        Age: 32
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Gentle
                        Posts: 1,953
                        Where is that forest the 3rd gym leader went to? I don't know how to get there.
                        __________________

                        Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
                        Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
                        Get a Free PS3, this is no joke: http://www.YourPS34free.com/index.php?ref=5580831
                        Reply With Quote
                          #113    
                        Old December 30th, 2010 (9:42 AM).
                        peyi peyi is offline
                        Tiler
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2008
                          Gender:
                          Posts: 6
                          It looks good but maybe a change of tiles could be great
                          Kyledove style will be using until he die haha
                          __________________
                          This signature has been disabled.
                          Your signature is too tall by 42px.
                          Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                          You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                          Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #114    
                          Old February 5th, 2011 (3:25 PM).
                          Gengarx33's Avatar
                          Gengarx33 Gengarx33 is offline
                          Ze' Awesomeness
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2011
                            Location: Bronx, NY
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 5
                            Amazing game! I've played Beta 1, and I found it astounding.
                            I love how you added a police station, no one would've thought of that.
                            Also, the tiles, simply amazing. One of the most beautiful tiles out of all the hacks I've played. Keep up the good work. I hope you can complete this game soon, so I can beat it. Also, in your post you said there are 2 new regions, do you mean like the jhoto region games? First the Jhoto Region, then the Kanto? If so, That's even more awesome!
                            I didn't find anything I didn't like. Good luck!

                            P.S; I've sent a private message.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #115    
                            Old February 5th, 2011 (9:13 PM).
                            FireShock FireShock is offline
                            Trainer
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2009
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 63
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Gengarx33 View Post
                              Amazing game! I've played Beta 1, and I found it astounding.
                              I love how you added a police station, no one would've thought of that.
                              Also, the tiles, simply amazing. One of the most beautiful tiles out of all the hacks I've played. Keep up the good work. I hope you can complete this game soon, so I can beat it. Also, in your post you said there are 2 new regions, do you mean like the jhoto region games? First the Jhoto Region, then the Kanto? If so, That's even more awesome!
                              I didn't find anything I didn't like. Good luck!

                              P.S; I've sent a private message.
                              Thanks! I sent you a PM back.

                              Well, it's been a while since I posted any updates. So, here are some screen shots of the newly revamped Pokemon Palladium.

                              Spoiler:




                              Note: Some of the trees are still missing shading.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #116    
                              Old February 5th, 2011 (9:55 PM).
                              KaiVii's Avatar
                              KaiVii KaiVii is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2010
                                Location: USA
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 103
                                I have to say I'm extremely disappointing in the tile change...The first ones were pretty and unique and these look...dated and not near as good imo. I'm still looking forward to the game but...that was a step back imo.
                                __________________



                                http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

                                Reply With Quote
                                  #117    
                                Old February 6th, 2011 (12:06 AM).
                                Poke_M0's Avatar
                                Poke_M0 Poke_M0 is offline
                                (Hidden)
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                                  Location: In Mah Haws
                                  Age: 21
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 52
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by KaiVii View Post
                                  I have to say I'm extremely disappointing in the tile change...The first ones were pretty and unique and these look...dated and not near as good imo. I'm still looking forward to the game but...that was a step back imo.
                                  I have to agree with the dude here but there's nothing we can do now..
                                  __________________




                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #118    
                                  Old February 6th, 2011 (5:55 AM).
                                  Quilava's Master's Avatar
                                  Quilava's Master Quilava's Master is offline
                                  Shattered Dreams '13
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2007
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 694
                                    I am quite pleased with the tiles, how you reverted to FR/LG style. In my opinion the base you used before was WAY overused and is what actually stopped me from giving this hack a proper look over. Either way good luck with this.
                                    __________________
                                    The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #119    
                                    Old February 10th, 2011 (12:33 PM).
                                    Gengarx33's Avatar
                                    Gengarx33 Gengarx33 is offline
                                    Ze' Awesomeness
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jan 2011
                                      Location: Bronx, NY
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Adamant
                                      Posts: 5
                                      You know what I think? When you battle, the thing is black, and the hp and experience is purple. I think you should Leave the hp as green, orange, and red, and the exp as blue. But still have the black bar thing. o-o
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #120    
                                      Old June 25th, 2011 (2:02 PM).
                                      RetroRoller's Avatar
                                      RetroRoller RetroRoller is offline
                                      Trailer Trash
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2011
                                        Location: England
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Modest
                                        Posts: 111
                                        Hey, this is pretty awesome. I played a quick 5 minutes of it, and I might (with your permission) make a video walkthrough of it.

                                        If it's okay, I'm not certain if I should wait for the next beta, but it seems that you've made a lot of game-time in one beta and if I patch it when the new one is released... lose all my progress...

                                        Ah well. It's a great hack and a great work :D
                                        __________________
                                        Eat pizza and stay punk rock

                                        I map for the Source SDK and dabble in ROM Hacking hmu.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #121    
                                        Old June 25th, 2011 (4:41 PM).
                                        colcolstyles's Avatar
                                        colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
                                        Yours truly
                                        • Crystal Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: May 2008
                                        Location: The Bay Area
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Lonely
                                        Posts: 1,584
                                        RetroRoller, please don't revive threads that have been dead for over a month.

                                        Closed
                                        __________________

                                        Brother of Vrai
                                        Reply With Quote
                                        Reply
                                        Quick Reply

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:59 PM.