• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon: Forever Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Emma's Mugshot is strangely familiar to Iris, Doesn't It?Also, Hydrozel has a nice "I'm gonna kill you/rob your house" look his evolutions are meant to have.
Phoenix Rising?They're Phoenix's? Just Over sized Birds to me...
But still,I shall Support.
Crazy Fanboy,
~Ruler Arceus

Um...I think there MIGHT have been some cc in there, the part about Emma looking like Iris.
15hiso.png

Yup, I'm pretty sure you hit it right on the ball. Emma's an edit, but a pretty good edit.
I suggest your team fixes that up, abnegation. I mean it won't effect gameplay too much, but it will look much more professional if you have a custom VS sprite for her.
Although it already is quite professional looking :D

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
Years
Wow, i dont usually post in this section..but this game is far to amazing to be left alone, Gavin i am absolutely astounded by the storyline and graphics, ill be around watching this thread :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
ForeverLostS.png

Hey guys, it's me again. A week since my last update, I would love if I could update once a week, though I'm not sure if that's possible due to how busy I normally am. However, this week I have some new screens. I have edited palettes, changed some primary tiles, added Pokémon OW's to maps and done some new maps, and that is what you'll see this week. Along with a sneak peak at a little event that happens in the game. Anyway, onto your comments!

I wonder who created your sprites, because they are awesome!!!! and the floatzel evo is so cool! I will support you 100%

Well the new OW's were made my Logeidan, my primary spriter. Thanks a bunch for supporting us! Means a lot.

MAID MIRBY WOULD LIKE TO BATTLE!

Hmm... wonder what Pokémon I'd have...

RAYQUAZA!! *shot*

NO! Haha, really though, if you have a suggestion, PM me and I'll put you in, hopefully once my battle system is done, I can take a screen for you.

*snip*
now I know the first one was done in an anime-like style, but the VS mugshot makes emma look about 9 while the art makes her look 14-17-ish.
I mean I know its not easy to make her look exactly like she is in the art via a VS. Sprite, just some cc.
-------------
anyhow, to be blunt, the rest of the update is absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for that, she's been edited/worked on at the moment. And thanks, I hope you like this week's new screens!

I might edit that up, i'm tempted to, a bit but I don't think it's really important right now.

some great updates there nice work, i like your mapping style keep it up :)

Thank you, I try to keep the maps playable yet attractive.

Look amazing, Abnegation!

keep up the AMAZING work.

Thanks, I hope to ;]

Emma's Mugshot is strangely familiar to Iris, Doesn't It?Also, Hydrozel has a nice "I'm gonna kill you/rob your house" look his evolutions are meant to have.
Phoenix Rising?They're Phoenix's? Just Over sized Birds to me...
But still,I shall Support.
Crazy Fanboy,
~Ruler Arceus

Um...I think there MIGHT have been some cc in there, the part about Emma looking like Iris.
15hiso.png

Yup, I'm pretty sure you hit it right on the ball. Emma's an edit, but a pretty good edit.
I suggest your team fixes that up, abnegation. I mean it won't effect gameplay too much, but it will look much more professional if you have a custom VS sprite for her.
Although it already is quite professional looking :D

Well I had never done a mugshot before, so I based it off Iris, maybe somewhere down the line, I'll improve it with some extra scratching.

Wow, i dont usually post in this section..but this game is far to amazing to be left alone, Gavin i am absolutely astounded by the storyline and graphics, ill be around watching this thread :)

HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME AAAAAAAAAAAAH. /jk
Thanks, I'm glad you like it all, I'll be showing you some more storyline somewhere down the line, I'm just not 100% on what I should and shouldn't show. So if you guys would like to see more of anything let me know, I'll try and set that up for you. Now onto the updates.

Screenshots

Nocturne Town [Times of day]
Obviously the text wont appear in game

NocturneTown2.png
NocturneTown.png

Laxstream Town
The town of placid relxation.

LaxstreamTown1.png
LaxstreamTown3.png
LaxstreamTown4.png
LaxstreamTown2.png

Woodlands Passage
Far away from home we go.
----------------------------------------
This small route is the link to Maquiste Forest, just before Masquerade Town, home of the first gym leader in Pokémon Foever Lost: Holly, of bug type Pokémon. Here you will find many small Pokémon with a sprinkle of trainers eager to stop you on your way! Some call this small area, the divide between the safest parts of Hawthorne, and the most dangerous. Ahead there are large forests, winding mountains, rough caves, snow storms, deserts, lakes, cities built in the middle of the ocean, strong Pokémon and most of all; adventure. Are you ready to unfold the mysteries?
--------------------------------------

WoodlandPassage1.png
WoodlandPassage2.png
WoodlandPassage3.png
WoodlandPassage4.png

Abnegation Pass
A sanctuary trapped in the past
-------------------------------------------------------------
The story of this route, relates to the history of the region. At the time of war, a man plead for peace across the land, to establish an agreement between the two sides; that of the king, and the districts. He made his protest with an Espeon, and an Umbreon, saying that his Pokémon, though they are opposites, they coexist. Meaning that humans should learn to do the same.

The man watched the war begin, and seen it end. His efforts to strike peace led him to become a patriarch for peace across the land, and did so until his death. He is now commemorated in "Abnegation Pass", the route bears its name from the man's deed. He denied the doctrine of war, and so, the forest is now home to him. It is a peaceful, and mystical part of the region. Home to some very very powerful Pokémon, yet, they watch trainers, and only do they appear to those who truly, have potential.
---------------------------------

AbnegationPass12.png
AbnegationPass9.png
AbnegationPass10.png
AbnegationPass11.png
AbnegationPass8.png
AbnegationPass7.png
AbnegationPass6.png
AbnegationPass5.png
AbnegationPass2.png
Abnegationpass1.png
AbnegationPass4.png
AbnegationPass3.png

Mewtwo Event

Mewtwoeventscreen.png

Now Hiring!

So I've decided to actually put up a list of people we need, and they go as follows:

Scripter: Looking for someone who knows RGSS quite well and is capable of making custom scripts such as new windows. As well as someone adapting scripts to work in the game.

Spriter: Mainly looking for OW and Trainer spriters, however, if you are an experienced spriter as it is, you may apply also.

Mapper: Looking for just one very good mapper, it's not a necessity but it would most certainly take some work off my head. But I'm looking for someone who is quite talented when it comes to mapping

And there we have it, if you're interested in joining the team, PM myself with some proof of work. Hope you liked the update. Keep supporting us!

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I actually just stumbled across this game the other day on DA and i must say, I am in love with your mapping and creativity :) Very nice work.

For a moment I thought my screen was messed up because i had a magnet on my desk for a few minutes and I saw purples blues pinks and greens on my screen over your DA collage and I thought "Well that was fast" haha.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Thanks for the comments guys, but I've gotta fill you in. I'm doing a slight overhaul on my graphics, as in I'm changing up some tiles. I've also developed a new mapping style which is quite time consuming. I'm thinking of going back and redoing some maps, but for now, everything will remain the same with the same shape. However, anything new in which I do will have a slightly new mapping style, as I've been practicing. The next update should show you a little but of it.

Anyway, thanks for the support and hopefully I'll have some nice screens for you guys soon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Ah thank you for the support again, however I'd like to apologize for not updating, I actually do have several updates to make, but I'd like to just add to them by doing a few things here and there. So you can expect an update within the next day or two.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Nice screenshots, Gav. However, I think you're going a bit overboard with having random Pokémon roaming around.

Another thing, is the doors on the buildings. They should be extended either 1 or 2 pixels on each side.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
2 Pokémon in either screenshot does not seem like a lot to me. It's a Pokémon game after all so I don't understand where you're getting that from Maxxy.

However, thanks for the advice on the doors, I'll have that fixed.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
How about a little teaser for now, and a big update for later?

7.png
2.png

Unless the city is on the coast of an ocean, it would be a little odd to see Dewgong standing around in the city - as they're marine mammals and that nonsense. Otherwise things look fairly good - the tiles are a little too busy for my taste, but you've done well with them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Dewgong isn't necessarily wild remember, there's people on the map also. However it is also half ice type so it does comply, but I'll take it into account.

A big thing I focus on is detail, and with snow, you can be very much so. I assure you that by large, detail isn't as strong in other towns, cities and routes. In saying that, it suits my tastes for a city covered in snow and feels rather natural whilst playing.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Still going to wait a few days before my official update, with an abundance of screens. But here's a little work from today. Here you will see a screen from a large route which I'm working on currently. You will also see my new menu system which I created today. Let me know what you think. I might change a few things later, when it's not 3:25am |D

2v2frj6.png

Hawthorne Region
Okay a little extra, the region map
commission_gavzxhayley_ii_by_princelegendario-d32jmm3.png

That's it for today, just a small update!

Last edited:

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Ik like the screen/menu interface, it give a nice feeling. I'm not a big fan of the map, but it's alright. I just can't help notice that the 'snow' mountain sticks out since usually it goes from green to brown to white, considering it is a mountain.
I found a tile error, you've probably already seen it, if not, then well here it is.
Clicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back