ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Old November 8th, 2010 (7:16 PM).

I can't seem to activate the elevator. I have the spanner, the engine is fixed, and I have a Magnemite with Thundershock. D; When I go up to the door with it in my party, it keeps telling me that it's broken, and I can't pass any further.

*forces magnemite into the elevator* FIX IT.

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 9th, 2010 (3:37 PM).
    Sephiroth never stood a chance

Location: Deepest reachs of somewhere. I'm lost. Can you help me?

Hey, guys. I've just gotten up to the Elite Four, and I managed to easily thrash all four (the lightning guy gave me some trouble, due to my lack of Ground moves), but the Champion is hard as... I need some more moves to help me. Hence, my question: Where do I find good TMs? Namely:

Thunder/Thunderbolt
      Earthquake x2
      Sludge Bomb
      Ice Beam/Blizzard
      Fire BLast
      And if there are any Dark type TMs that are any good, that as well.

Old November 9th, 2010 (3:38 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Grimfox View Post
        I can't seem to activate the elevator. I have the spanner, the engine is fixed, and I have a Magnemite with Thundershock. D; When I go up to the door with it in my party, it keeps telling me that it's broken, and I can't pass any further.

*forces magnemite into the elevator* FIX IT.

Is this the first or second time you in the sub? 'Cause you only need Magnamite to fix it the second time, not the first time.

Old November 9th, 2010 (9:07 PM).

Found a minor glitch. When you find the woman who will give you a Totodile, if you have no space for it, when you leave and come back with a free spot, the woman will challange you again, rather than just give you the pokemon.

Old November 10th, 2010 (12:08 AM).
          Starting anew...

Nature: Timid

This Hack is looking good so far, but there's one thing that you have to do.
            And that is... change the ugly Ruby tiles. If you start a Ruby Hack, it's necessary to remove all existing Ruby tiles to either FR tiles or custom tiles.

If you ask 10 people about the Ruby tiles, about 9 of them will say that they're ugly. So please, if you want your Hack to be better, then change the tiles.

Old November 10th, 2010 (2:28 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
              And that is... change the ugly Ruby tiles. If you start a Ruby Hack, it's necessary to remove all existing Ruby tiles to either FR tiles or custom tiles.

If you ask 10 people about the Ruby tiles, about 9 of them will say that they're ugly. So please, if you want your Hack to be better, then change the tiles.

I disagree. Yes, the tiles are ugly as all hell. BUT! As you yourself pointed out, it IS a Ruby Hack. Hence, as the creator has already said, he wanted to keep the Ruby tiles because Hoenn should look like Hoenn. Also, I dont think its all that fair for you to tell him what to do - it is his hack and he'll make it to his specs, not yours.

Old November 10th, 2010 (2:42 AM).
              /)^3^(\
              • Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed

This is a ROM Hack that takes place in Hoenn after the Ruby/Sapphire storyline so terefore changing the tiles makes 0% sense. Also in my opinion Emerald's tiles are better than Fire Red's. Besides let Culterine think for himself, as said before by the previous poster he did make the ROM Hack and not you.

Old November 10th, 2010 (11:00 AM).
              Member of the GGs

Nature: Calm

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Raaxon View Post
                Found a minor glitch. When you find the woman who will give you a Totodile, if you have no space for it, when you leave and come back with a free spot, the woman will challange you again, rather than just give you the pokemon.

Personally, I like it better that way. I never turn down a fight.

And by the way Sarcastic Prince, I like 3rd Gen Tiles. Am I the 1/10?

Old November 10th, 2010 (12:38 PM).
                Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:

I don't love Ruby tiles, but I don't hate them. I personally believe they are equal to any other tiles, and I have no wish to remap the entire Hoenn region. Call me lazy, but that is how I feel, and I am very obstinate.

Quote:
                  Hey, guys. I've just gotten up to the Elite Four, and I managed to easily thrash all four (the lightning guy gave me some trouble, due to my lack of Ground moves), but the Champion is hard as... I need some more moves to help me. Hence, my question: Where do I find good TMs? Namely:

Thunder/Thunderbolt
                  Earthquake x2
                  Sludge Bomb
                  Ice Beam/Blizzard
                  Fire BLast
                  And if there are any Dark type TMs that are any good, that as well.

Yeah... about that... Um, I forgot to put them in. But, now I've read this, I'm putting them in now! Really! I'll even give you their locations:

Ice Beam - Lilycove Sewers
                  Earthquake - Madio Caves
                  Blizzard - Frigid Way (the unachievable item; I've fixed it so you can get it)
                  Fire Blast - Hidden Item on Route 120

Sludge Bomb is already there, in Dewford Hall. You need to have given the man the cologne to get to it.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
                  Old November 10th, 2010 (1:08 PM).
                  Royal
                  • Gold Tier

Nature: Brave

I beat the game but can't go in the sewers help

Old November 10th, 2010 (1:31 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
                    I beat the game but can't go in the sewers help

Make sure you've spoken to Birch over the Poképhone outside the Pokémon League building first, then the two swimmers outside will go away.

Alternatively, if this hasn't happened for you, you may not have the latest patch.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
                    Old November 10th, 2010 (5:24 PM). Edited November 10th, 2010 by colcolstyles.

Yours truly

• Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely

Quote:

While I dislike some R/S/E standard tiles as much as the next guy, Cutlerine isn't required to do anything. You should realize that people's opinions differ (especially when it comes to tiles) and try to accept that Cutlerine may have a reason to use standard R/S/E tiles.

Brother of Vrai
                    Old November 10th, 2010 (5:35 PM).

Dear God this hack is amazing. Cutlerine you have taken hacking to the next level in producing something I thought I'd never see in a pokemon hack, that I always craved- a new experience. There were, of course, many other hacks that attempted originality and failed, or started well and collapsed. But you, sir, have created an original, hilarious, deep, entertaining, slightly challenging- in short- amazing - hack. Tremendously well done, and you've put forth a game (I shudder to call it a hack) that feels complete.

You've shied away from the pokemon standards- ignored them even, in making this game. The dialogue and storyline were insanely awesome, as are the puzzles and the hilarious references. I don't want to ramble, but I really am enjoying this.

It seems a bit of a shame that its escaped notice so far- but if its 80% complete can you request that it be placed in the hack showcase rather than progressing hacks? There are hacks in the showcase that are much less complete (and of less quality) there.

I really think this matches or is superior to many of the hacks of the month as well as some of the hacks of the year- I hope your work is recognized by the top dogs sooner or later.

Keep it up man.

EDIT:
                      I also love the constant updates. However, my question is, how can I patch the IPS to ROM without losing my progress? Do I repatch the rom with the new one? Do I repatch a brand new rom and use the old save state? Or is there not away to do so...

Old November 10th, 2010 (6:12 PM).
                      Starting anew...

Quote:
                        I disagree. Yes, the tiles are ugly as all hell. BUT! As you yourself pointed out, it IS a Ruby Hack. Hence, as the creator has already said, he wanted to keep the Ruby tiles because Hoenn should look like Hoenn. Also, I dont think its all that fair for you to tell him what to do - it is his hack and he'll make it to his specs, not yours.

OK.. ok... you have your point...

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
                        This is a ROM Hack that takes place in Hoenn after the Ruby/Sapphire storyline so terefore changing the tiles makes 0% sense. Besides let Culterine think for himself, as said before by the previous poster he did make the ROM Hack and not you.

Yes, I agree and I almost forgot that the region is set in Hoenn...

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
                        I don't love Ruby tiles, but I don't hate them. I personally believe they are equal to any other tiles, and I have no wish to remap the entire Hoenn region. Call me lazy, but that is how I feel, and I am very obstinate.

That's not lazy, that's only your opinion.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
                        While I dislike some R/S/E standard tiles as much as the next guy, Cutlerine isn't required to do anything. You should realize that people's opinions differ (especially when it comes to tiles) and try to accept that Cutlerine may have a reason to use standard R/S/E tiles.

I'll accept Culterine's decision. I just didn't read the thread properly and I thought that the Hack is set in a new region.

Old November 10th, 2010 (9:58 PM). Edited November 10th, 2010 by Grimfox.

Oh my goodness, I love the Telefang reference. ; 3; I actually really enjoyed playing that game.

Also, I'm disappointed that you didn't give the Maybe Witch a Psyduck or a Golduck.

Old November 10th, 2010 (11:21 PM). Edited November 10th, 2010 by giradialkia.

Gah! How do I get the Earthquake TM in Madio Caves? I've been everywhere in it - in, out, saw the Filmmaker guy, the portal to Dewford's toilet, the warp to Petalburg, the unfinished part... WHERE IS IT.

Also, it just came to my attention that you dont recieve a Map at all.

Spoiler:
                            In the Lilycove Sewers, the phone rings and he says "I have a mission for you". Is that a "I want to play a game" reference?

Also, wheres the ship?

Old November 11th, 2010 (12:15 AM). Edited November 11th, 2010 by Cutlerine.

Quote:
                              Gah! How do I get the Earthquake TM in Madio Caves? I've been everywhere in it - in, out, saw the Filmmaker guy, the portal to Dewford's toilet, the warp to Petalburg, the unfinished part... WHERE IS IT.

Also, it just came to my attention that you dont recieve a Map at all.

Spoiler:
                              In the Lilycove Sewers, the phone rings and he says "I have a mission for you". Is that a "I want to play a game" reference?

Also, wheres the ship?

EDIT: I meant that Earthquake is in the Madio caves in the version of Snakewood that's sitting in my computer, not being shared yet with the rest of the world. It isn't in yours yet.

You don't receive a Map because:

a) Anyone playing this ought to know their way around Hoenn, and

b) As anyone who's looked at the 'area' part of the Pokédex will know, a great many maps aren't actually where the map says they are. For instance, the Island of Calm is actually the Team Aqua and Magma hideouts, merged and moved to Route 110, so it says you can get Ralts in Lilycove - patently impossible.

Spoiler:
                              The phone ringing in the sewers is just a reference to every single time that a ringing payphone has been used as a plot device. Seriously, it's extremely overused, especially in things like Grand Theft Auto or, actually, a very large number of books and films.

Quote:
                              Oh my goodness, I love the Telefang reference. ; 3; I actually really enjoyed playing that game.

Also, I'm disappointed that you didn't give the Maybe Witch a Psyduck or a Golduck.

Perhaps I'm being dense, but why a Psyduck?

I loved Keitai Denjuu Telefang too. That's why I took the trouble to update the sprites to make them fit properly into the Pokémon world.

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by DonMoosavi View Post
                              Dear God this hack is amazing. Cutlerine you have taken hacking to the next level in producing something I thought I'd never see in a pokemon hack, that I always craved- a new experience. There were, of course, many other hacks that attempted originality and failed, or started well and collapsed. But you, sir, have created an original, hilarious, deep, entertaining, slightly challenging- in short- amazing - hack. Tremendously well done, and you've put forth a game (I shudder to call it a hack) that feels complete.

You've shied away from the pokemon standards- ignored them even, in making this game. The dialogue and storyline were insanely awesome, as are the puzzles and the hilarious references. I don't want to ramble, but I really am enjoying this.

It seems a bit of a shame that its escaped notice so far- but if its 80% complete can you request that it be placed in the hack showcase rather than progressing hacks? There are hacks in the showcase that are much less complete (and of less quality) there.

I really think this matches or is superior to many of the hacks of the month as well as some of the hacks of the year- I hope your work is recognized by the top dogs sooner or later.

Keep it up man.

EDIT:
                              I also love the constant updates. However, my question is, how can I patch the IPS to ROM without losing my progress? Do I repatch the rom with the new one? Do I repatch a brand new rom and use the old save state? Or is there not away to do so...

Just repatch your current ROM, it'll work fine. Mostly.

And yes, I have indeed ignored all the standards, because that basically seems the best way to go forwards. Besides, craziness, and hence originality in procuring it, is something I consider myself quite good at. The essential premise of Snakewood is a serious, world-threatening situation taken so far that it's completely over-the-top and stupid, with not only zombies but ninjas, a secret meat-based mafia, fish-people and a route full of really stupid witches (not to mention an evil government organisation): in short, the hallmarks of a dozen moves rolled into one huge apocalyptic bundle.

As for the references... They're just something I can't help putting in. Pretty much every major event is a reference to something - and most of the minor ones, too.

Old November 11th, 2010 (12:18 AM).

You didnt tell me how to get Earthquake/where the ship is. D:

Old November 11th, 2010 (12:59 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
                                  Perhaps I'm being dense, but why a Psyduck?

If you're not sure, I'm not even sure I have the reference right. xD The Maybe Witch is from Monty Python, right? Witches weigh the same as ducks!

How do I get to Veracity? o 3o

Old November 11th, 2010 (2:26 AM).

Quote:
                                    If you're not sure, I'm not even sure I have the reference right. xD The Maybe Witch is from Monty Python, right? Witches weigh the same as ducks!

How do I get to Veracity? o 3o

Actually, the Maybe Witch is in reference to all the false burnings of the Witch Hunting days. But that works well, too. Might even be the right reference.

Which one is Veracity? D: I dont remember that place/name.

Old November 11th, 2010 (3:20 AM).

I just tend to relate everything to Monty Python. xD

The gym leader in Fortree

Old November 11th, 2010 (5:41 AM). Edited November 11th, 2010 by Cutlerine.

Quote:
                                        I just tend to relate everything to Monty Python. xD

The gym leader in Fortree

The Maybe Witch is a reference to false witch burnings.That's why it says 'This witch looks strangely innocent... BURN HER!'

The Gym Leader of Fortree, Veracity, takes a while to get to. Directions are in this spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                        First, go down into the studios of the University and fight all three Directors. You can also fight a few Actresses, find some funny things, and obtain TM Beat Up here. Then, try to leave; the Film Student by the stairs will stop you and tell you that you need a visitor's pass, and that Godot will give you one. You may now access the classrooms, where one Film Student will tell you that he thinks he saw Godot in the dorms. The dorms will be unlocked, and you will be able to battle a few more Actresses and obtain the Pokémon Emonga from the smuggler student(s). Godot will give you a Visitor's Pass, and you can go through the door that leads to the staff area, where Veracity's office is.

And Raaxon, I told you that Earthquake does not exist in your version of Snakewood, and that it will be, when I update, in the Madio Caves.

Now, the shipwreck is more commonly known as the Abandoned Ship, and, as you can tell by the determined little Wooper guarding it, is not open yet.

EDIT: New IPS on first post! You can't yet get to Esau or the Pacifidlog Gym but all of the sea routes have been completed, and many new TMs placed.

Also, the Shinx you get from training your Thunder Cub now holds an item necessary to move on in the item chain. Sorry for anyone who already traded theirs in.

Oh yeah, and one new B/W Pokémon inserted. All in all, fairly big update.

Old November 11th, 2010 (6:52 AM).
                                        SonicBlazePlatinum SonicBlazePlatinum is offline
                                        /)^3^(\
                                        • Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed

I am in Famine's Desert battling a Former Chef and I got a question to ask. Why do they have Kirlia? I can see that Munchlax is an eater but I'm not sure what Kirlia has to do with cooking. :( ???

Old November 11th, 2010 (7:00 AM).

Quote:
                                          I am in Famine's Desert battling a Former Chef and I got a question to ask. Why do they have Kirlia? I can see that Munchlax is an eater but I'm not sure what Kirlia has to do with cooking. ???

No real reason. They're not real chefs, after all, they're Former Chefs. Besides, I would have got much, much more sick of creating chef battles than I already did if I'd restricted them to a single Pokémon species.

Old November 11th, 2010 (7:01 AM).
                                          Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
                                          Starting anew...

Quote:
                                            I am in Famine's Desert battling a Former Chef and I got a question to ask. Why do they have Kirlia? I can see that Munchlax is an eater but I'm not sure what Kirlia has to do with cooking. ???

Why can't Kirlia be one of the chef's Pokemon?
                                            It can probably make some knives levitate and then chop up the vegetables/meat by using Psychic powers. It may not be shown in the Hack,
                                            but try using your imagination and think about it. Although it might be better
                                            if Cutlerine made a script explaining that Kirlia uses Psychic powers to help the chefs, and is also one of the useful Pokemon in the kitchen, or something like that.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links