• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
I beat the game but can't go in the sewers help

Make sure you've spoken to Birch over the Poképhone outside the Pokémon League building first, then the two swimmers outside will go away.

Alternatively, if this hasn't happened for you, you may not have the latest patch.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
This Hack is looking good so far, but there's one thing that you have to do.
And that is... change the ugly Ruby tiles. If you start a Ruby Hack, it's necessary to remove all existing Ruby tiles to either FR tiles or custom tiles.

If you ask 10 people about the Ruby tiles, about 9 of them will say that they're ugly. So please, if you want your Hack to be better, then change the tiles.

While I dislike some R/S/E standard tiles as much as the next guy, Cutlerine isn't required to do anything. You should realize that people's opinions differ (especially when it comes to tiles) and try to accept that Cutlerine may have a reason to use standard R/S/E tiles.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Dear God this hack is amazing. Cutlerine you have taken hacking to the next level in producing something I thought I'd never see in a pokemon hack, that I always craved- a new experience. There were, of course, many other hacks that attempted originality and failed, or started well and collapsed. But you, sir, have created an original, hilarious, deep, entertaining, slightly challenging- in short- amazing - hack. Tremendously well done, and you've put forth a game (I shudder to call it a hack) that feels complete.

You've shied away from the pokemon standards- ignored them even, in making this game. The dialogue and storyline were insanely awesome, as are the puzzles and the hilarious references. I don't want to ramble, but I really am enjoying this.

It seems a bit of a shame that its escaped notice so far- but if its 80% complete can you request that it be placed in the hack showcase rather than progressing hacks? There are hacks in the showcase that are much less complete (and of less quality) there.

I really think this matches or is superior to many of the hacks of the month as well as some of the hacks of the year- I hope your work is recognized by the top dogs sooner or later.

Keep it up man.

EDIT:
I also love the constant updates. However, my question is, how can I patch the IPS to ROM without losing my progress? Do I repatch the rom with the new one? Do I repatch a brand new rom and use the old save state? Or is there not away to do so...

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I disagree. Yes, the tiles are ugly as all hell. BUT! As you yourself pointed out, it IS a Ruby Hack. Hence, as the creator has already said, he wanted to keep the Ruby tiles because Hoenn should look like Hoenn. Also, I dont think its all that fair for you to tell him what to do - it is his hack and he'll make it to his specs, not yours.

OK.. ok... you have your point...

This is a ROM Hack that takes place in Hoenn after the Ruby/Sapphire storyline so terefore changing the tiles makes 0% sense. Besides let Culterine think for himself, as said before by the previous poster he did make the ROM Hack and not you.

Yes, I agree and I almost forgot that the region is set in Hoenn...

I don't love Ruby tiles, but I don't hate them. I personally believe they are equal to any other tiles, and I have no wish to remap the entire Hoenn region. Call me lazy, but that is how I feel, and I am very obstinate.

That's not lazy, that's only your opinion.

While I dislike some R/S/E standard tiles as much as the next guy, Cutlerine isn't required to do anything. You should realize that people's opinions differ (especially when it comes to tiles) and try to accept that Cutlerine may have a reason to use standard R/S/E tiles.

I'll accept Culterine's decision. I just didn't read the thread properly and I thought that the Hack is set in a new region.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2011
Oh my goodness, I love the Telefang reference. ; 3; I actually really enjoyed playing that game.

Also, I'm disappointed that you didn't give the Maybe Witch a Psyduck or a Golduck.

Last edited:

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
Gah! How do I get the Earthquake TM in Madio Caves? I've been everywhere in it - in, out, saw the Filmmaker guy, the portal to Dewford's toilet, the warp to Petalburg, the unfinished part... WHERE IS IT.

Also, it just came to my attention that you dont recieve a Map at all.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutlerine

Years
Gah! How do I get the Earthquake TM in Madio Caves? I've been everywhere in it - in, out, saw the Filmmaker guy, the portal to Dewford's toilet, the warp to Petalburg, the unfinished part... WHERE IS IT.

Also, it just came to my attention that you dont recieve a Map at all.

Spoiler:

EDIT: I meant that Earthquake is in the Madio caves in the version of Snakewood that's sitting in my computer, not being shared yet with the rest of the world. It isn't in yours yet.

You don't receive a Map because:

a) Anyone playing this ought to know their way around Hoenn, and

b) As anyone who's looked at the 'area' part of the Pokédex will know, a great many maps aren't actually where the map says they are. For instance, the Island of Calm is actually the Team Aqua and Magma hideouts, merged and moved to Route 110, so it says you can get Ralts in Lilycove - patently impossible.

Spoiler:

Oh my goodness, I love the Telefang reference. ; 3; I actually really enjoyed playing that game.

Also, I'm disappointed that you didn't give the Maybe Witch a Psyduck or a Golduck.

Perhaps I'm being dense, but why a Psyduck?

I loved Keitai Denjuu Telefang too. That's why I took the trouble to update the sprites to make them fit properly into the Pokémon world.

Dear God this hack is amazing. Cutlerine you have taken hacking to the next level in producing something I thought I'd never see in a pokemon hack, that I always craved- a new experience. There were, of course, many other hacks that attempted originality and failed, or started well and collapsed. But you, sir, have created an original, hilarious, deep, entertaining, slightly challenging- in short- amazing - hack. Tremendously well done, and you've put forth a game (I shudder to call it a hack) that feels complete.

You've shied away from the pokemon standards- ignored them even, in making this game. The dialogue and storyline were insanely awesome, as are the puzzles and the hilarious references. I don't want to ramble, but I really am enjoying this.

It seems a bit of a shame that its escaped notice so far- but if its 80% complete can you request that it be placed in the hack showcase rather than progressing hacks? There are hacks in the showcase that are much less complete (and of less quality) there.

I really think this matches or is superior to many of the hacks of the month as well as some of the hacks of the year- I hope your work is recognized by the top dogs sooner or later.

Keep it up man.

EDIT:
I also love the constant updates. However, my question is, how can I patch the IPS to ROM without losing my progress? Do I repatch the rom with the new one? Do I repatch a brand new rom and use the old save state? Or is there not away to do so...

Just repatch your current ROM, it'll work fine. Mostly.

And yes, I have indeed ignored all the standards, because that basically seems the best way to go forwards. Besides, craziness, and hence originality in procuring it, is something I consider myself quite good at. The essential premise of Snakewood is a serious, world-threatening situation taken so far that it's completely over-the-top and stupid, with not only zombies but ninjas, a secret meat-based mafia, fish-people and a route full of really stupid witches (not to mention an evil government organisation): in short, the hallmarks of a dozen moves rolled into one huge apocalyptic bundle.

As for the references... They're just something I can't help putting in. Pretty much every major event is a reference to something - and most of the minor ones, too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2011
Perhaps I'm being dense, but why a Psyduck?

If you're not sure, I'm not even sure I have the reference right. xD The Maybe Witch is from Monty Python, right? Witches weigh the same as ducks!

How do I get to Veracity? o 3o

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
If you're not sure, I'm not even sure I have the reference right. xD The Maybe Witch is from Monty Python, right? Witches weigh the same as ducks!

How do I get to Veracity? o 3o
Actually, the Maybe Witch is in reference to all the false burnings of the Witch Hunting days. But that works well, too. Might even be the right reference.

Which one is Veracity? D: I dont remember that place/name.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2011
I just tend to relate everything to Monty Python. xD

The gym leader in Fortree

Cutlerine

Years
I just tend to relate everything to Monty Python. xD

The gym leader in Fortree

The Maybe Witch is a reference to false witch burnings.That's why it says 'This witch looks strangely innocent... BURN HER!'

The Gym Leader of Fortree, Veracity, takes a while to get to. Directions are in this spoiler:

Spoiler:

And Raaxon, I told you that Earthquake does not exist in your version of Snakewood, and that it will be, when I update, in the Madio Caves.

Now, the shipwreck is more commonly known as the Abandoned Ship, and, as you can tell by the determined little Wooper guarding it, is not open yet.

EDIT: New IPS on first post! You can't yet get to Esau or the Pacifidlog Gym but all of the sea routes have been completed, and many new TMs placed.

Also, the Shinx you get from training your Thunder Cub now holds an item necessary to move on in the item chain. Sorry for anyone who already traded theirs in.

Oh yeah, and one new B/W Pokémon inserted. All in all, fairly big update.

Last edited:
Years
I am in Famine's Desert battling a Former Chef and I got a question to ask. Why do they have Kirlia? I can see that Munchlax is an eater but I'm not sure what Kirlia has to do with cooking. :( ???

Cutlerine

Years
I am in Famine's Desert battling a Former Chef and I got a question to ask. Why do they have Kirlia? I can see that Munchlax is an eater but I'm not sure what Kirlia has to do with cooking. :( ???

No real reason. They're not real chefs, after all, they're Former Chefs. Besides, I would have got much, much more sick of creating chef battles than I already did if I'd restricted them to a single Pokémon species.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Why can't Kirlia be one of the chef's Pokemon?
It can probably make some knives levitate and then chop up the vegetables/meat by using Psychic powers. It may not be shown in the Hack,
but try using your imagination and think about it. Although it might be better
if Cutlerine made a script explaining that Kirlia uses Psychic powers to help the chefs, and is also one of the useful Pokemon in the kitchen, or something like that.

Cutlerine

Years
Why can't Kirlia be one of the chef's Pokemon?
It can probably make some knives levitate and then chop up the vegetables/meat by using Psychic powers. It may not be shown in the Hack,
but try using your imagination and think about it. Although it might be better
if Culterine made a script explaining that Kirlia uses Psychic powers to help the chefs, and is also one of the useful Pokemon in the kitchen, or something like that.

Nice explanation. I like it. But seriously, there's no reason at all, just like there's no reason for half the things that happen in Snakewood. I mean, why try to take over Hoenn with zombies anyway? It's got to be one of the least productive countries in the world: the only work areas are space research, Training, and supplying Trainers with Trainer stuff.

Visbu, where Usher claims to come from, is different. They built a research submarine - and there's interesting information to be found aboard if you can find the username and password for the computers, and if you can find the diaries.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2011
Good gosh, I'm really not usually this helpless. xD I went through there, but then the rom froze. I didn't think there was anything important in there, so I just disregarded it. x; Stupid meee.

And now an impassible line of zombies who won't let me pass? D; Not nice.

o: A new update? You've been busy.

Cutlerine

Years
Good gosh, I'm really not usually this helpless. xD I went through there, but then the rom froze. I didn't think there was anything important in there, so I just disregarded it. x; Stupid meee.

And now an impassible line of zombies who won't let me pass? D; Not nice.

o: A new update? You've been busy.

Where are these zombies? I don't recall them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2011
In Lillycove. I battled the 'Seven' again, and had this line waiting for me to the right.xD

Cutlerine

Years
In Lillycove. I battled the 'Seven' again, and had this line waiting for me to the right.xD

They... are not meant to be there yet... The Inquisition are supposed to be here.

Something has gone wrong, because that used to work perfectly fine. When I played through that section, it all worked fine.

If anyone has found that they encounter this problem, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Last edited:
Back