• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Plot Bunny Thread

Is Fire Emblem: Conjoinst Souls something that you'd be interested in reading?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Neo Duality

Waveform
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2011
It is the distant future and humanity, who has now colonized multiple planets is struggling for survival as humans and Pokemon unite to fight against a growing alien threat, which is led by an ancient Pokemon. Seven unlikely trainers are conscripted into the army as supersoldiers.

Rated PG-15 for Violence, Blood etc.

What do you think, it's still under dev. etc.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
i've been thinking about plotting this out for a while,
an action/comedy about ninjas, god knows if i'll finish it, but i hope i do :) .

Plot Summary:
A fourteen year old boy named by the prophecy has come to America in search of two brothers who are needed to prevent the Moritoki Clan from obtaining the key to unlocking the supernatural abilities performed by ninjas. The fourteen year old boy has been trained since birth in the area of ninjitsu, with expertise in Intonjutsu and Bojutsu, as well as being competent in the other sixteen branches of ninjitsu. As most of his life has been spent training to fulfill the prophecy, he has been deprived a free childhood. The boy finds the two brothers he needs to locate, and prepares them for their battle with spiritual, mental and physical training. While the care-free brothers learn responsibility and discipline, the young boy learns how to have a fun and enjoyable life. After the training is complete the three stake out the Moritoki Clan and after a heated battle stop them from obtaining the supernatural abilities.

Of course, a little suspension of disbelief will be needed to overcome the feeling of absence with adults and that the fact the brothers are older than their mentor will be pretty odd. I also plan to make the fourteen year old boy to act like a mentor who gives the cold-shoulder, but as the story progresses he begins to care for his students. Same with the students, I will make them so they act disrespectful to their mentor, are uncooperative, they won't trust their mentor and don't take the ninjitsu to seriously, but then as the story progresses they respect their mentor and have more trust and co-operation.

-

i'm also trying to cover all the emotions and etc for a teenager, as there is the whole puberty thing, and the fact that this is aimed for teenagers, i haven't focused much on adults.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
Okay I want to do a Fan-Fic which kind of revolves around my save game of Pokemon Pearl, not exactly the same as the game story mind you.
So this kid is turning fifteen, he is getting his Pokemon Lisence... bla bla bla... visits Prof. Rowan... bla bla bla... gets a Turtwig and starts his journey.
Accompanying him is his female friend (I haven't decided if they have known each other since they were young or if they meet for the first time in Prof. Rowans lab). They are together for the entire series (which won't be as big as the Anime!!), which will revolve around a mix of the Games and the Anime.
Anyway they go off on their journey together, his mission is to beat the Elite Four, her mission is to fill up the Pokedex for Prof. Rowan.
They also meet a third companion (who is still in the works. Canon character suggestions are welcome!)
There may also be a rival, and a youngster trainer who meets them along the way but doesn't stay with them

But what I really want to lead this all up to is a bigger story involving Palkia, Dialga and Giratina and the Distortion World. Then Arceus getting starts to get frustrated by Pokemon Trainers, and starts to pull all of the Legendary Pokemon out of their habitats and tries to start a war.
Then after these events the main character continues his journey to the Elite Four, challenges them and then off to.....

What do you think? It is very blan at the moment, and I need to do some serious character building, and episode outlines.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
i've been thinking about plotting this out for a while,
an action/comedy about ninjas, god knows if i'll finish it, but i hope i do :) .

Plot Summary:
A fourteen year old boy named by the prophecy has come to America in search of two brothers who are needed to prevent the Moritoki Clan from obtaining the key to unlocking the supernatural abilities performed by ninjas. The fourteen year old boy has been trained since birth in the area of ninjitsu, with expertise in Intonjutsu and Bojutsu, as well as being competent in the other sixteen branches of ninjitsu. As most of his life has been spent training to fulfill the prophecy, he has been deprived a free childhood. The boy finds the two brothers he needs to locate, and prepares them for their battle with spiritual, mental and physical training. While the care-free brothers learn responsibility and discipline, the young boy learns how to have a fun and enjoyable life. After the training is complete the three stake out the Moritoki Clan and after a heated battle stop them from obtaining the supernatural abilities.

Of course, a little suspension of disbelief will be needed to overcome the feeling of absence with adults and that the fact the brothers are older than their mentor will be pretty odd. I also plan to make the fourteen year old boy to act like a mentor who gives the cold-shoulder, but as the story progresses he begins to care for his students. Same with the students, I will make them so they act disrespectful to their mentor, are uncooperative, they won't trust their mentor and don't take the ninjitsu to seriously, but then as the story progresses they respect their mentor and have more trust and co-operation.

-

i'm also trying to cover all the emotions and etc for a teenager, as there is the whole puberty thing, and the fact that this is aimed for teenagers, i haven't focused much on adults.
Some focus on the prophecy here would be something to consider as well - where did it come from, and any reason for it to have 'spoken' about these characters in particular? And how does this 14 year old know of the Moritoki clan?

I would also think that if you were to write this (it seems like it has potential) you'd also have to look into ninjitsu fairly extensively for the accuracy (e.g. training techniques, attacks/style the art tends to involve/use... I would also think a suspension of belief may be needed for the bit concerning the key to supernatural abilities - that may need to be particular well-established too - make sure it doesn't seem like a wishy-washy reason for the Moritoki clan to be the 'evil team' or whatnot.
Okay I want to do a Fan-Fic which kind of revolves around my save game of Pokemon Pearl, not exactly the same as the game story mind you.
So this kid is turning fifteen, he is getting his Pokemon Lisence... bla bla bla... visits Prof. Rowan... bla bla bla... gets a Turtwig and starts his journey.
Accompanying him is his female friend (I haven't decided if they have known each other since they were young or if they meet for the first time in Prof. Rowans lab). They are together for the entire series (which won't be as big as the Anime!!), which will revolve around a mix of the Games and the Anime.
Anyway they go off on their journey together, his mission is to beat the Elite Four, her mission is to fill up the Pokedex for Prof. Rowan.
They also meet a third companion (who is still in the works. Canon character suggestions are welcome!)
There may also be a rival, and a youngster trainer who meets them along the way but doesn't stay with them

But what I really want to lead this all up to is a bigger story involving Palkia, Dialga and Giratina and the Distortion World. Then Arceus getting starts to get frustrated by Pokemon Trainers, and starts to pull all of the Legendary Pokemon out of their habitats and tries to start a war.
Then after these events the main character continues his journey to the Elite Four, challenges them and then off to.....

What do you think? It is very blan at the moment, and I need to do some serious character building, and episode outlines.
Thing I wouldn't mind knowing about is why the choice for having the character to be 15 years old for starters - are you intending for there to be a romance between him and this 'female friend'? If so be sure to make it realistic - build it up, as a problem for some trainer fics is that said romances don't come off as believeable/rushed.

Be careful too with mixing canons so that nothing contradicts each other, although theere's nothing wrong with doing that, certainly.

Another thing to consider is why is Arceus being frustrated by Pokemon trainers - that would need to be established/expanded upon I feel in the fic (maybe you already thought of that, but idk =p). I'd worry about thinking upon that part of the story - why Arceus tries to 'start a war' and how he goes about with using Pokemon to do that - and how it is stopped (assuming you want it to be stopped that is XD).

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday

Also, you're going to have to try and make your fanfic different from the games right from the start. Not only by making your character older, but other ways. I'm going to have to agree with bobandbill: why make them older? You have plenty of reasons to choose from, since you are allowed to have older trainers start, but...why? Work it out in the story.

Same with why and how your starting trainer gets involved in this war. And why Arceus is starting a war. What would suddenly make it want to start a war with trainers now, when Arcy has been around since the beginning of time?

I know that right now you only have the bare minimum, so hopefully this helps you out with working more on this story.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Some focus on the prophecy here would be something to consider as well - where did it come from, and any reason for it to have 'spoken' about these characters in particular? And how does this 14 year old know of the Moritoki clan?

I would also think that if you were to write this (it seems like it has potential) you'd also have to look into ninjitsu fairly extensively for the accuracy (e.g. training techniques, attacks/style the art tends to involve/use... I would also think a suspension of belief may be needed for the bit concerning the key to supernatural abilities - that may need to be particular well-established too - make sure it doesn't seem like a wishy-washy reason for the Moritoki clan to be the 'evil team' or whatnot.

It has potential? Wow, thank you :) .
but I have been pondering over the ideas, and have made some slight changes to the plot, probably resulting in a sequel or two.

The moritoki clan is replaced by just one person, but he pretends to be the protagonists friend and manipulates him into training and finding the supernatural powers (using the prophecy to do so). The reason so he can stop the another evil person wanting to take the powers. but through out his training the protagonist slowly turns evil, and plots to take the powers himself, outsmarting the evil other two. i cant explain it well, but in the story i will.

In the next one it shows how the two other people team up against the 'protangist' and try to steal the powers back. But the protagonist can't control his powers well at the beginning, and the two evil people can now shapeshift into animals, thanks to them kidnapping scientists and making them create a machine that allows their DNA molecules to form those of animals.

i can't explain it well.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
Thankyou everyone for the replies and the critisism, I will now answer some of your questions.

Question: Why is your character 15?
Answer: Well this is because I would like to have a romance between him and his friend, and I thought back to Ash being 10, and romance doesn't seem as serious, so I thought older. There may be a reason story-wise, like his parents are really protective, or I dunno.

Question: And why Arceus is starting a war?
Answer: I really want to bring Team Galactic into that. With Cyrus wanting to create his own universe, and Arceus feeling that some trainers are no longer placing themselves as equals with Pokemon, but as their masters (which is un-true). I want to bring the Distortion World into it, and at the very end I would like to have Arceus pulling legendary Pokemon out of the real world and into the Distortion World. Remember this is still very early in production and I still have to think up somethings.

I am even thinking of bringing Riley in as the 'Brock' of the series, but I am still debating that too.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Whee quick initial thoughts to idea replies.
It has potential? Wow, thank you :) .
but I have been pondering over the ideas, and have made some slight changes to the plot, probably resulting in a sequel or two.
Be sure you have enough ideas/content to make up a 'sequel or two' then, I suggest. =p

The moritoki clan is replaced by just one person, but he pretends to be the protagonists friend and manipulates him into training and finding the supernatural powers (using the prophecy to do so). The reason so he can stop the another evil person wanting to take the powers. but through out his training the protagonist slowly turns evil, and plots to take the powers himself, outsmarting the evil other two. i cant explain it well, but in the story i will.
I'd would suggest having some backstory about these characters would be a potential idea to use then so we know all this (maybe even changing POVs between characters throughout the story?) But some character history and how they know of this power and so forth would be needed methinks (if you haven't already planned that, that is =p).
In the next one it shows how the two other people team up against the 'protangist' and try to steal the powers back. But the protagonist can't control his powers well at the beginning, and the two evil people can now shapeshift into animals, thanks to them kidnapping scientists and making them create a machine that allows their DNA molecules to form those of animals.

i can't explain it well.
(So I assume that means the protagonist (or anti hero?) does get the powers then?) You'd need to explain how they can steal the powers off then - is it a spiriatual thing or something like in Avatar, or is it an object that grants the bearer said power? The latter part feels a bit too hard to swallow as well - DNA to shapeshift into animals would likely come off as rather unrealistic no matter how well you protray it due to the very iffy-ness of that nature. I do feel it'd be better sticking to the first one rather than the sequel as the ideas seem too radical/out-of-the-blue in the latter, here.

Thankyou everyone for the replies and the critisism, I will now answer some of your questions.

Question: Why is your character 15?
Answer: Well this is because I would like to have a romance between him and his friend, and I thought back to Ash being 10, and romance doesn't seem as serious, so I thought older. There may be a reason story-wise, like his parents are really protective, or I dunno.
I guessed as much. I would make sure that the reason for them starting later is well established though as it is often a common complaint people have with such fics - the reason is lame/not well developed enough, and that including the 'protective parents' deal as one would argue that the Pokemon world is quite different to ours which is why the pokemon-world parents allow you to go off and all. (In saying that however [5TH GEN SPOILERS]):
Spoiler:

Question: And why Arceus is starting a war?
Answer: I really want to bring Team Galactic into that. With Cyrus wanting to create his own universe, and Arceus feeling that some trainers are no longer placing themselves as equals with Pokemon, but as their masters (which is un-true). I want to bring the Distortion World into it, and at the very end I would like to have Arceus pulling legendary Pokemon out of the real world and into the Distortion World. Remember this is still very early in production and I still have to think up somethings.
That seems to make sense in part... Cryus certainly isn't a good role-model, although given Arceus' power I would question why he thinks that because of Galactic everyone is like that or why everyone deserves 'punishment' over it via a war (as it would likely impact negatively on everyone), and why he'd want the legendary Pokemon in the distortion world as well (and how they would react to that as well). Maybe try those parts as a focus point if you get stuck in plotting that out?
I am even thinking of bringing Riley in as the 'Brock' of the series, but I am still debating that too.
This I would advise again - then you'd be using the all-too-often used forumla of the trainer-fic-with-2-guys-one-girl travelling senerio (and also trying to base the fic too much off of the anime as well), when Riley would likely not fit into this either canonically and so forth. Bunch of issues with that, basically, and I don't see how it'd necessarly add much to the story either.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Whee quick initial thoughts to idea replies. Be sure you have enough ideas/content to make up a 'sequel or two' then, I suggest. =p

I'd would suggest having some backstory about these characters would be a potential idea to use then so we know all this (maybe even changing POVs between characters throughout the story?) But some character history and how they know of this power and so forth would be needed methinks (if you haven't already planned that, that is =p).
(So I assume that means the protagonist (or anti hero?) does get the powers then?) You'd need to explain how they can steal the powers off then - is it a spiriatual thing or something like in Avatar, or is it an object that grants the bearer said power? The latter part feels a bit too hard to swallow as well - DNA to shapeshift into animals would likely come off as rather unrealistic no matter how well you protray it due to the very iffy-ness of that nature. I do feel it'd be better sticking to the first one rather than the sequel as the ideas seem too radical/out-of-the-blue in the latter, here.

yeah, i think your right :) .
I've been thinking, maybe the protagonists gets the powers and turns evil,
then his 'mentor' and the other evil person are rivals, working under their boss to deliver him the supernatural powers, and now that the two have failed they have to remove the supernatural powers from him (using an item im creating yet). The 'protagonist' finds the link between the two and finds the boss, battling him and a little more will happen.
I think it gives the storyline more sense, because im making the protganist get kicked out of home, sleeping at the dojo and then the map to an ancient cave is stolen. then the protagonist knows where the lair of the other evil guy is.

Thanks for all your help :) ,
i think i could actually be making some progress :) .

Years
Hello, I'm a huge fan of writing and this idea has been in my head for a while. I'll just get right to it. Yes, it is Pokemon, but I thrown in a little sic-fi and fantasy since I'll be more comfortable while writing this.

Plot Idea:
This takes place several years after Ash and gang's journey (I'm looking between 30-40 years, I still don't know what roles they'll have). They discovered multiple regions since then, some are high-tech while others are behind in technology. This story takes place in one of the regions that isn't high-tech (I currently don't have a name for it), but the region has a lot of history. (Note: I'll still include some other regions, but I don't want it to become a typical journeyfic.)

A ancient pokemon which has been lost in history except for the people of this region awakens. How? Still not quite sure. However, it's only the spirit/soul of the pokemon, its body is lost. This "spirit" pokemon wants revenge on the pokemon world for destroying and forgetting about it. It is up to trainers from all regions to stop this pokemon and save the pokemon world.
End Plot (for now)

I know it sounds inoriginal, but it'll be different once I write it. So, any help and criticism? Thanks for the help.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
yeah, i think your right :) .
I've been thinking, maybe the protagonists gets the powers and turns evil,
then his 'mentor' and the other evil person are rivals, working under their boss to deliver him the supernatural powers, and now that the two have failed they have to remove the supernatural powers from him (using an item im creating yet). The 'protagonist' finds the link between the two and finds the boss, battling him and a little more will happen.
I think it gives the storyline more sense, because im making the protganist get kicked out of home, sleeping at the dojo and then the map to an ancient cave is stolen. then the protagonist knows where the lair of the other evil guy is.

Thanks for all your help :) ,
i think i could actually be making some progress :) .
So you plan to have a boss now? I'll add motivations for the boss to have them do the work for them (instead of doing it himself) would be something to consider. Make sure the 'item' that can remove said super-powers is well established in the story too so it doesn't appear to come out of left field.

Hello, I'm a huge fan of writing and this idea has been in my head for a while. I'll just get right to it. Yes, it is Pokemon, but I thrown in a little sic-fi and fantasy since I'll be more comfortable while writing this.

Plot Idea:
This takes place several years after Ash and gang's journey (I'm looking between 30-40 years, I still don't know what roles they'll have). They discovered multiple regions since then, some are high-tech while others are behind in technology. This story takes place in one of the regions that isn't high-tech (I currently don't have a name for it), but the region has a lot of history. (Note: I'll still include some other regions, but I don't want it to become a typical journeyfic.)

A ancient pokemon which has been lost in history except for the people of this region awakens. How? Still not quite sure. However, it's only the spirit/soul of the pokemon, its body is lost. This "spirit" pokemon wants revenge on the pokemon world for destroying and forgetting about it. It is up to trainers from all regions to stop this pokemon and save the pokemon world.
End Plot (for now)

I know it sounds inoriginal, but it'll be different once I write it. So, any help and criticism? Thanks for the help.
I'd consider then what the charatcers are like as well as their rols 30-40 years in the future, as well as what the did during that time in general (I can't say I know much about the anime characters though as I do not watch it too much, although I know the general stuff). Establishing the region and making sure we know what places look like would be important too as you're using a fan-made region rather than one already existing in canon.

Same goes for this Pokemon - I do wonder about how it was 'destroyed' and how it plans to get its revenge as well - just genral mayhem or using ghostly powers to say possess/hynotise others or whatnot? It does sound interesting though, so if you think up the right stuff for the current gaps from that summary it could go rather well, that fic idea IMO.

Years
I was thinking last night, since this pokemon doesn't have a body, that it could use powers to possess others. I'm still working out why he wants revenge, I'm working out ideas. I might (keyword: might) also add a sub-plot where he tries to find his body. I'm not 100% sure on that one though.

I might not introduce this bad pokemon for the first chapter or two, that way I can spend a little extra time developing the region, explaining what happened in those 30-40 years, and character development. I'll have hints of his upcoming awakening/return, but not right away. I'm also going to explain why some regions are more high-tech, while others are still medieval-like.

I still not sure what roles the anime characters will play (if any), but I know they'll be mentioned here and there. If they do appear, I'll try to make it related to the story, and not where they just appear out of no where.

Also, in this story, instead of the characters being 10 and such, they'll be 14 (maybe 15). Don't worry, I'll explain why you have to be 14-15 instead of 10. I forgot to mention that in my original post.

IanDonyer

Time to kick ass? Definitely.
Years
Not quite sure if this is exactly where something like this belongs, but I'll take a shot in the dark here.

Question for you all. What effects do you guys think a Pokemon's attack - specifically Confuse Ray from a weak Pokemon - would have on a human? How long do you think it would take the effects to wear off?

Yes, this is to help with a part of the plot of my current story. Help would be appreciated.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Not quite sure if this is exactly where something like this belongs, but I'll take a shot in the dark here.

Question for you all. What effects do you guys think a Pokemon's attack - specifically Confuse Ray from a weak Pokemon - would have on a human? How long do you think it would take the effects to wear off?

Yes, this is to help with a part of the plot of my current story. Help would be appreciated.

personally, i think it would depend on who is getting hit.
If you have a psychic trianer compared to a little girl,
the effects would be different. And I would think the effects would be coherent to the intentions of the pokemon attacking, whatever you think should happen :) .

...I hope that makes sense...

AmayaTakahashi

Newbie Script Writer
Years
Hey guys!!! Amaya here (But you can call me May, lol)

I'm working on a new FanFic (Prologue is up in fanfic section), But I need some help.

Plot Idea:
Takes place in an imaginary region called Morea
The main character's (Maria's) mom gets kidnapped, and her father dissapears. This takes place a week after one of her long-time childhood friends is kidnapped. She quickly deduces that Team Luna(ris( is optional, but is part of teams whole name)) has taken them because of their trademark "Lunar Beam" Beacon. (Kinda like the Dark Mark, lol. Didn't realise that until now!) She teams up with her friend Jonathan to go save Akira and her parents. But is that exactly what Team Luna had expected?

lol gotta love the drama. This isn't going to be a big Journey-Fic, but I might expnd it over a couple of regions. Tops two plus Morea. Keyword here is TOPS.

Anyway Maria doesn't like being a trainer, but in the Morea region every child has to have at least one year of experience. Her Eevee has become quite bonded to her, and saves her from danger more than once. Her Eevee has almost a psychic nature(hint-hint nudge-nudge on Eeveelution.). In the first chapter (which I have written, but not posted) she and her friend Jonathan are talking to Professor Willow and the radio comes on. But halfway through the announcement Team Luna pre-empts it and gives a threatening warning.

I'm also working on some new Pokemon superstitions(kind of like animal superstitions).

If anyone wants to see the first chapter, or even wants to help me edit, let me know. I don't want to post it until I have at least 99.9% of the kinks out
EDIT: About to be posted! lol! =3

Thanks in advance!!!

P.S. I my use of parentheses bothers you, let me know. I tend to overuse them a little bit.

Last edited:

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
BobandBill you are amazing!!!
I have ruled Riley out of the story completely, unless I choose for him to make a cameo appearence or whatever. Anyway I have read alot of things about how the trainer got their starter Pokemon, and instead of the whole normal proffesor gives you the pokemon, I have another idea.

So the main character has had a Shinx for some time now (a few years maybe), and they have become close friends already, and completely trust one another. But the main character (I am thinking of calling Vox. What do you think??) has never really wanted to battle for gym badges or the elite four. He has battled the odd trainer and his Shinx is now a Luxio.

So the journey starts when Proffesor Rowan and Lucas are out in the field doing some research or something. Then they are attacked by distraught wild Starly (the reason for them being distraught will be explained later), and Lucas (who has only made a cameo appearence in the anime) fights with his very young Magby (nicknamed Mag), which puts up a good fight until the multiple Starly begin to use Quick Attack simultaneously, when Vox jumps into battle with his Luxio, and they fight off the Starly, who fly away scared.

That is what I have so far, and the battle is the first appearence of thus far named Vox. Then Rowan wants him to do stuff, gives him a Turtwig to help aid him, and sends him off on his journey!

What do you think??

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I was thinking last night, since this pokemon doesn't have a body, that it could use powers to possess others. I'm still working out why he wants revenge, I'm working out ideas. I might (keyword: might) also add a sub-plot where he tries to find his body. I'm not 100% sure on that one though.

I might not introduce this bad pokemon for the first chapter or two, that way I can spend a little extra time developing the region, explaining what happened in those 30-40 years, and character development. I'll have hints of his upcoming awakening/return, but not right away. I'm also going to explain why some regions are more high-tech, while others are still medieval-like.

I still not sure what roles the anime characters will play (if any), but I know they'll be mentioned here and there. If they do appear, I'll try to make it related to the story, and not where they just appear out of no where.

Also, in this story, instead of the characters being 10 and such, they'll be 14 (maybe 15). Don't worry, I'll explain why you have to be 14-15 instead of 10. I forgot to mention that in my original post.
Makes sense with waiting to introduce it (unless you wish to do a short prologue hinting at it to grab the reader's attention and make them wonder about it). Seems that you're developing the idea well thus far - good luck with it.

I personally would imagine that the effects would not be much different in terms of how long they last compared to how long they may last for a Pokemon. As for the effects...there's a lot of options with that I suppose - disorientation/dizziness, or unsure what they were trying to do... up to you and would probably depend on the situation as well.

Hey guys!!! Amaya here (But you can call me May, lol)

I'm working on a new FanFic (Prologue is up in fanfic section), But I need some help.

Plot Idea:
Takes place in an imaginary region called Morea
The main character's (Maria's) mom gets kidnapped, and her father dissapears. This takes place a week after one of her long-time childhood friends is kidnapped. She quickly deduces that Team Luna(ris( is optional, but is part of teams whole name)) has taken them because of their trademark "Lunar Beam" Beacon. (Kinda like the Dark Mark, lol. Didn't realise that until now!) She teams up with her friend Jonathan to go save Akira and her parents. But is that exactly what Team Luna had expected?
Well as it's a fanmade region be sure that it's well established to begin with, and I suppose some backstory on her parents' relationship with Maria and their 'Lunar Beam' as well would be something to establish - as well as why this Team Luna would want to steal it and all.

Would the police be/have been involved in looking as well? It would strike me as odd if nobody reported these disappearances.
Anyway Maria doesn't like being a trainer, but in the Morea region every child has to have at least one year of experience. Her Eevee has become quite bonded to her, and saves her from danger more than once. Her Eevee has almost a psychic nature(hint-hint nudge-nudge on Eeveelution.). In the first chapter (which I have written, but not posted) she and her friend Jonathan are talking to Professor Willow and the radio comes on. But halfway through the announcement Team Luna pre-empts it and gives a threatening warning.
I do wonder why the region has such a rule considering I can't think of any obvious reason (after all every other region does not seem to have such a law.
BobandBill you are amazing!!!
I have ruled Riley out of the story completely, unless I choose for him to make a cameo appearence or whatever. Anyway I have read alot of things about how the trainer got their starter Pokemon, and instead of the whole normal proffesor gives you the pokemon, I have another idea.

So the main character has had a Shinx for some time now (a few years maybe), and they have become close friends already, and completely trust one another. But the main character (I am thinking of calling Vox. What do you think??) has never really wanted to battle for gym badges or the elite four. He has battled the odd trainer and his Shinx is now a Luxio.
Makes sense to me - certainly plausible to already have a Pokemon after all. (And the nickname seems fine to me).

So the journey starts when Proffesor Rowan and Lucas are out in the field doing some research or something. Then they are attacked by distraught wild Starly (the reason for them being distraught will be explained later), and Lucas (who has only made a cameo appearence in the anime) fights with his very young Magby (nicknamed Mag), which puts up a good fight until the multiple Starly begin to use Quick Attack simultaneously, when Vox jumps into battle with his Luxio, and they fight off the Starly, who fly away scared.
I believe this is as per the D/P/Pt games in part (only the prof is also attacked instead of just the people who find the briefcase are attacked)... I guess also a mix of the RSE games with Birch being attacked. [/musing]

That is what I have so far, and the battle is the first appearence of thus far named Vox. Then Rowan wants him to do stuff, gives him a Turtwig to help aid him, and sends him off on his journey!

What do you think??
Seems all right, although you may need to add a bit more as to why Rowan gives him the Turtwig (seeing he already has a Luxio) and what 'stuff' does Rowan want him to do as well (and along with that the motivation for the character to do said stuff.... for instance, Rowan wants some delieveries retrieved or the such making it a job so the character'll get paid for it?)

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
Thanks so much.
I have started writing the first chapter, and Jason (the mian character, I am making Vox a mysterious Riley/Lance kinda character) has saved Lucas and the professor from the Starly. Anyway I have decided to use Lucas becuase he only appears as a cameo once in the anime, which is in the opening of Giratina and the Sky Warrior, where he is battling Brendan, and is shown to have a Magmortar.
I am playing with this by giving Lucas a Magby to begin with, then we may see it evolve.

Anyway so far I am thinking that Rowan gives Jason the Turtwig to help assist, like Oak gives Red the Bulbasaur in the manga when he already had a Poliwrath or one of its evos.

And yeah, I did base it off D/P/Pt opening, and gave it that tweak I learned was in R/S/E! I haven't played the game except for in school on a ROM a few months ago!!

And I really like the idea of Jason already having the Luxio, it just makes the story start off a little faster, and also I couldn't be bothered to write how they first met and everything, though I may do this at a later time.
Anyway, here is what I have of the first chapter so far, I'll put it in spoilers so I don't annoy anyone!

Spoiler:

I am definately going to go back and fix it up a little, as it is kinda, well, weird. I also want to fix up a bit of the battle scene with some more details. What do you think??

Also the grammar is a little off, so I will go back and tidy that up too!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Thanks so much.
I have started writing the first chapter, and Jason (the mian character, I am making Vox a mysterious Riley/Lance kinda character) has saved Lucas and the professor from the Starly. Anyway I have decided to use Lucas becuase he only appears as a cameo once in the anime, which is in the opening of Giratina and the Sky Warrior, where he is battling Brendan, and is shown to have a Magmortar.
I am playing with this by giving Lucas a Magby to begin with, then we may see it evolve.
Fair enough - makes sense to give him a Magby (I do not know the anime that much though so I would not know about what Pokemon he may have had in the anime...gam-wise he'd have a starter and a couple of others as well so if you need more you can always look into that).

And I really like the idea of Jason already having the Luxio, it just makes the story start off a little faster, and also I couldn't be bothered to write how they first met and everything, though I may do this at a later time.
Anyway, here is what I have of the first chapter so far, I'll put it in spoilers so I don't annoy anyone!
Yeah, it's an acceptable thing to do as long as you handle it correctly. There's no need to explain how he first got it either unless you want to use it as backstory or the such.

Spoiler:

I am definately going to go back and fix it up a little, as it is kinda, well, weird. I also want to fix up a bit of the battle scene with some more details. What do you think??

Also the grammar is a little off, so I will go back and tidy that up too!
Well I bolded/underlined stuff that needs changing after a brief glance (e.g. it's to its in cases, or 'The' after dialogue should be 'the' as it flows on from the dialogue, hence it ought to be treated as a whole sentence with the dialogue rather than separate sentences), or adding in (e.g. commas before names). Overall it seems like a decent start, and editing would help it further too, IMO.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
Yeah, with the lower case/upper case after dialogue, I knew this was right,
"Don't blink. Blink and you're dead," the Doctor yelled.
But I wasn't sure about this,
"Don't blink! Blink and you're dead!" the Doctor yelled.
I got confused because of the exlamation mark, and I thought it would end the sentence, so thanks for that.
Otherwise I am really good with grammar, apart from the little stuff ups and typos I get from rushing and not paying attention!!!
Again, thank you so much!! I will write more and let you know what I am up to.

Back