The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
FireRed Pokemon Mythic Legends [Beta 3 Finally Released!]

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

View Poll Results: What makes this hack worth playing?
The Mapping. 133 23.58%
The Scripts. 110 19.50%
The Story. 296 52.48%
The Challenge. 150 26.60%
Boredom O_O 180 31.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 564. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old November 28th, 2010 (11:46 AM).
psychicboy's Avatar
psychicboy psychicboy is offline
Hacking is all that matters...
     
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Location: Twilight Town
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Hasty
    Posts: 538
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by garg_priyansh View Post
    Theres a BIG BUG IN THIS GAME...
    The bug is that when you talk to that old lady in the dream first time
    I answered her 'Yes' to change my destiny.
    Then she says to follow her
    i go back again to check the rain but when i return she is again standing there asking me to pick one of the three starters.I cant get past her at all.Help
    Restart and don't check the rain this time. I guess I should fix that.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
    That PC glitch is pretty big, I mean collecting an arsenal of pokemon is definitely part of the pokemon tradition. That coupled with the wave of bugs and glitches I would advise youu to start fresh. I mean it realy shouldnt be hard tp just import all of your maps, and copy your scripts over. Having such a major bug and doing nothing about it is definitiely ruining what could be a good hack.
    Believe me, I've tried doing that but the bug continues to exist when I copy the maps/scripts.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShadowDragon3812 View Post
    Just started playing this hack today, and i found a bug. One of the fisherman in Clarity Town, the one on the right, Duncan I believe his name is, is a glitched double battle. he sends out his Goldeen, along with a question mark. The question mark can't be attakced, doesn't attack, and doesn't really do anything except float there. it is even present when duncan comes out to give his losing speech.

    EDIT-also, is there anyway to properly exit the trainer house place in the city with the 1st gym? it keeps leading me into the cable link battle room. If i faint inside do i exit properly?

    If this happens to be mentioned already. sorry to be a time waster.
    Something that happens when you are lazy. I will release a new patch to fix this and many of the other bugs in the hack.
    __________________
    Soon to be Hacking legend...
    ~Psy







    Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

    My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #177    
    Old November 28th, 2010 (11:55 AM).
    ShadowDragon3812's Avatar
    ShadowDragon3812 ShadowDragon3812 is offline
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 61
      Thanks for taking my notes into consideration also, for anyone wondering, until the patch is released, fainting inside the trainer house lets you exit normally.

      Edit-sorry to bombard you with bugs, but fisherman matt on route 2 has a glitched double battle. his wooper is basically duplicated, but the battle ends after you defeat one.
      __________________


      Reply With Quote
        #178    
      Old November 28th, 2010 (2:42 PM).
      psychicboy's Avatar
      psychicboy psychicboy is offline
      Hacking is all that matters...
         
        Join Date: Aug 2009
        Location: Twilight Town
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Hasty
        Posts: 538
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ShadowDragon3812 View Post
        Thanks for taking my notes into consideration also, for anyone wondering, until the patch is released, fainting inside the trainer house lets you exit normally.

        Edit-sorry to bombard you with bugs, but fisherman matt on route 2 has a glitched double battle. his wooper is basically duplicated, but the battle ends after you defeat one.
        Bug reports are a good thing, fear not.
        __________________
        Soon to be Hacking legend...
        ~Psy







        Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

        My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
        Reply With Quote
          #179    
        Old November 28th, 2010 (3:18 PM).
        ShadowDragon3812's Avatar
        ShadowDragon3812 ShadowDragon3812 is offline
           
          Join Date: Sep 2009
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 61
          Another thing is, how do i get rid of the team Calypso guy in front of the hideout? I battled him, left to heal, came back, and now he won't move. All he says is '...'

          I know it's been mentioned, but i need to know how to fix it so i can move on.

          Sorry to be a bother.
          __________________


          Reply With Quote
            #180    
          Old November 28th, 2010 (8:50 PM).
          psychicboy's Avatar
          psychicboy psychicboy is offline
          Hacking is all that matters...
             
            Join Date: Aug 2009
            Location: Twilight Town
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 538
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ShadowDragon3812 View Post
            Another thing is, how do i get rid of the team Calypso guy in front of the hideout? I battled him, left to heal, came back, and now he won't move. All he says is '...'

            I know it's been mentioned, but i need to know how to fix it so i can move on.

            Sorry to be a bother.
            Uhm.. Thats really unintentional. Did you already save?
            __________________
            Soon to be Hacking legend...
            ~Psy







            Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

            My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
            Reply With Quote
              #181    
            Old November 29th, 2010 (4:24 AM).
            ShadowDragon3812's Avatar
            ShadowDragon3812 ShadowDragon3812 is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2009
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 61
              Yeah I did. Do i need to start over and just enter the base right after beating him?
              __________________


              Reply With Quote
                #182    
              Old November 29th, 2010 (6:45 AM).
              burger29's Avatar
              burger29 burger29 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2009
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 24
                i got that too, but i just used a cheat(dont like to use these often) to get passed that bug
                __________________




                Reply With Quote
                  #183    
                Old November 29th, 2010 (7:01 AM).
                psychicboy's Avatar
                psychicboy psychicboy is offline
                Hacking is all that matters...
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2009
                  Location: Twilight Town
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Hasty
                  Posts: 538
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ShadowDragon3812 View Post
                  Yeah I did. Do i need to start over and just enter the base right after beating him?
                  No, do as the poster after you did and use the walk through walls code. I know this is an annoyance, but I will fix it for future players.
                  __________________
                  Soon to be Hacking legend...
                  ~Psy







                  Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

                  My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #184    
                  Old November 29th, 2010 (7:55 AM).
                  ShadowDragon3812's Avatar
                  ShadowDragon3812 ShadowDragon3812 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2009
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 61
                    Ran into this weird movement glitch in Gemburst cave, no i didn't have walk through walls on.

                    __________________


                    Reply With Quote
                      #185    
                    Old November 29th, 2010 (8:01 AM).
                    Ooka's Avatar
                    Ooka Ooka is offline
                    <3
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2007
                    Location: Challenging The E4
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 2,612
                    It seems to me like a large number of your bugs are coming from you overwriting already used space in your game. The only way you can fix that is either finding every bit of used data you've overwritten and replace it with the original (Basically impossible), or my suggestion, you should rethink what you've done with the hack and start from scratch implementing the ideas you've gotten good feedback from in this thread or ideas that have been suggested to you. Again just my suggestion, but it wouldn't be a bad decision for you, especially since it's seems you've already overwritten crucial data for your game to work completely right.

                    P.S. If you actually put some time into this hack it might end up being a quality play, but all the parts that could have easily been fixed such as missing movements and warps going wrong places have been neglected due to a hurried pace. Just take your time and work on it, for the sake of the people that actually enjoy it but have to deal with all the bugs and glitches.
                    __________________
                    Hi
                    Reply With Quote
                      #186    
                    Old November 29th, 2010 (10:28 AM).
                    psychicboy's Avatar
                    psychicboy psychicboy is offline
                    Hacking is all that matters...
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2009
                      Location: Twilight Town
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Hasty
                      Posts: 538
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ooka View Post
                      It seems to me like a large number of your bugs are coming from you overwriting already used space in your game. The only way you can fix that is either finding every bit of used data you've overwritten and replace it with the original (Basically impossible), or my suggestion, you should rethink what you've done with the hack and start from scratch implementing the ideas you've gotten good feedback from in this thread or ideas that have been suggested to you. Again just my suggestion, but it wouldn't be a bad decision for you, especially since it's seems you've already overwritten crucial data for your game to work completely right.

                      P.S. If you actually put some time into this hack it might end up being a quality play, but all the parts that could have easily been fixed such as missing movements and warps going wrong places have been neglected due to a hurried pace. Just take your time and work on it, for the sake of the people that actually enjoy it but have to deal with all the bugs and glitches.
                      You know what, I just thought about this thoroughly. I guess it would take more time, bit in the long run I guess this is the best thing to do... I started this hack as a budding hacker and continued from there meaning that in the beginning of the hack it might seem as if a kid wrote it but the hack matures over time.

                      So I guess the best step to take for the benefit of this hack and everyone who plays it is to simply- Start afresh. I will use JPans patch on a clean FireRed rom and start to rebuild what I have. If I work diligently, I'm assuming there will be a completely new patch waiting for you guys to play. Mythic Legends finally bug free and revamped mentally.

                      ~Thanks.
                      __________________
                      Soon to be Hacking legend...
                      ~Psy







                      Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

                      My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #187    
                      Old November 29th, 2010 (1:31 PM).
                      ShadowDragon3812's Avatar
                      ShadowDragon3812 ShadowDragon3812 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2009
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 61
                        Hope all goes well.

                        Also, a suggestion for the future version: for the milotic event, i think it would be a good idea to let the player go up to it and select to fight it instead of going in right after the rival fight. this is just a suggestion;you don't need to take it.
                        __________________


                        Reply With Quote
                          #188    
                        Old November 29th, 2010 (3:22 PM).
                        zak's Avatar
                        zak zak is offline
                        xpert trainer
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2004
                          Location: south london
                          Age: 25
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Brave
                          Posts: 245
                          Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zak
                          Tried to play through it but it kept freezing at random points, its a great hack so far, good maps good scripting and very origional just too buggy =[
                          __________________
                          Hi
                          Reply With Quote
                            #189    
                          Old November 29th, 2010 (3:55 PM).
                          Tomackze's Avatar
                          Tomackze Tomackze is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2010
                            Location: New York
                            Age: 25
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 406
                            Cheers! Hope everything goes well with this hack and am glad you decided to start over so people will finally stop criticizing you for an amazing hack.

                            You have the necessary pieces in here, don't give up
                            Reply With Quote
                              #190    
                            Old November 30th, 2010 (2:49 PM).
                            Darkest Shade of Light's Avatar
                            Darkest Shade of Light Darkest Shade of Light is offline
                            Pokémon Midnight Sun
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2009
                              Location: In the empty void they call my soul
                              Age: 20
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 300
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
                              You know what, I just thought about this thoroughly. I guess it would take more time, bit in the long run I guess this is the best thing to do... I started this hack as a budding hacker and continued from there meaning that in the beginning of the hack it might seem as if a kid wrote it but the hack matures over time.

                              So I guess the best step to take for the benefit of this hack and everyone who plays it is to simply- Start afresh. I will use JPans patch on a clean FireRed rom and start to rebuild what I have. If I work diligently, I'm assuming there will be a completely new patch waiting for you guys to play. Mythic Legends finally bug free and revamped mentally.

                              ~Thanks.
                              This seems like a good idea. Sorry for more of my absences, my life is finally stable, so I will be able to help now (with the right resources of course). I wish you good luck and good help in making this hack
                              __________________
                              Reply With Quote
                                #191    
                              Old November 30th, 2010 (7:51 PM).
                              psychicboy's Avatar
                              psychicboy psychicboy is offline
                              Hacking is all that matters...
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2009
                                Location: Twilight Town
                                Age: 23
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Hasty
                                Posts: 538
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Darkest Shade of Light View Post
                                This seems like a good idea. Sorry for more of my absences, my life is finally stable, so I will be able to help now (with the right resources of course). I wish you good luck and good help in making this hack
                                Glad to know that you will be able to help me
                                __________________
                                Soon to be Hacking legend...
                                ~Psy







                                Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

                                My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #192    
                                Old December 2nd, 2010 (8:22 PM).
                                Drake(Elite Four)'s Avatar
                                Drake(Elite Four) Drake(Elite Four) is offline
                                Elite Four
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2010
                                  Location: Ever Grande City
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Naughty
                                  Posts: 33
                                  Hey psychicboy if you think this sounds cool to add into the hack is like all of the gym leaders vs all of the Calypso members and you vs the leader. This would be really cool if it was in the game.
                                  __________________


                                  Pokemon Mythic Legends has the best Storyline ever!
                                  Elite Four Drake
                                  Strategy
                                  Harness strong abilities.
                                  Trainer's Pokémon
                                  The raw power of Dragons!
                                  Self-Introduction
                                  I live to battle every day to learn about Pokémon
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #193    
                                  Old December 16th, 2010 (6:49 PM).
                                  Darkest Shade of Light's Avatar
                                  Darkest Shade of Light Darkest Shade of Light is offline
                                  Pokémon Midnight Sun
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2009
                                    Location: In the empty void they call my soul
                                    Age: 20
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 300
                                    Uhm, well, I made this, I'm not exactly pleased with it, but I don't like choosing between the three. Is this an acceptable userbar?

                                    I was hoping you'd let me use this, so, may I? I'll prolly animate it later...
                                    __________________
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #194    
                                    Old December 17th, 2010 (5:11 AM).
                                    psychicboy's Avatar
                                    psychicboy psychicboy is offline
                                    Hacking is all that matters...
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2009
                                      Location: Twilight Town
                                      Age: 23
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Hasty
                                      Posts: 538
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Darkest Shade of Light View Post
                                      Uhm, well, I made this, I'm not exactly pleased with it, but I don't like choosing between the three. Is this an acceptable userbar?

                                      I was hoping you'd let me use this, so, may I? I'll prolly animate it later...
                                      Of course I'll put it on the first post if you want me to.
                                      __________________
                                      Soon to be Hacking legend...
                                      ~Psy







                                      Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

                                      My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #195    
                                      Old December 17th, 2010 (8:47 AM).
                                      Darkest Shade of Light's Avatar
                                      Darkest Shade of Light Darkest Shade of Light is offline
                                      Pokémon Midnight Sun
                                         
                                        Join Date: Oct 2009
                                        Location: In the empty void they call my soul
                                        Age: 20
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Adamant
                                        Posts: 300
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
                                        Of course I'll put it on the first post if you want me to.
                                        I don't mind. I just got my computer taken away, so I may not be able to help for a while, I'm typing this at my brothers house. I'll add an animated version after a while, and may make a few more. Btw, I'll be using the bar
                                        __________________
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #196    
                                        Old December 24th, 2010 (8:50 PM).
                                        Katsura Katsura is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Dec 2010
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 1
                                          Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the training center for the first gym town is impossible to leave and if you try to go in the basement area after you pay you get stuck and the game freezes.
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #197    
                                          Old December 25th, 2010 (8:36 AM).
                                          psychicboy's Avatar
                                          psychicboy psychicboy is offline
                                          Hacking is all that matters...
                                             
                                            Join Date: Aug 2009
                                            Location: Twilight Town
                                            Age: 23
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Hasty
                                            Posts: 538
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Katsura View Post
                                            Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the training center for the first gym town is impossible to leave and if you try to go in the basement area after you pay you get stuck and the game freezes.
                                            Yeah.. Sorry about that. There is a temp fix. Lose after you've beaten everyone but the guy with the eevee forms.
                                            __________________
                                            Soon to be Hacking legend...
                                            ~Psy







                                            Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

                                            My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #198    
                                            Old December 28th, 2010 (8:39 AM).
                                            betterthanyouatspriting's Avatar
                                            betterthanyouatspriting betterthanyouatspriting is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jan 2010
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 6
                                              Sorry to be retarded but what emulator should I play this on?
                                              __________________
                                              Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
                                              I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
                                              fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #199    
                                              Old December 28th, 2010 (12:22 PM).
                                              psychicboy's Avatar
                                              psychicboy psychicboy is offline
                                              Hacking is all that matters...
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Aug 2009
                                                Location: Twilight Town
                                                Age: 23
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Hasty
                                                Posts: 538
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by betterthanyouatspriting View Post
                                                Sorry to be retarded but what emulator should I play this on?
                                                A lack of knowledge in something isn't retarded :o

                                                But you can use either the No$GBA or the Visual Boy Advance(VBA) Both run at 100% speed and can fullscreen.
                                                __________________
                                                Soon to be Hacking legend...
                                                ~Psy







                                                Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

                                                My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #200    
                                                Old December 30th, 2010 (12:43 AM).
                                                mkc90 mkc90 is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Nov 2008
                                                  Posts: 72
                                                  Hi i would lile to ry ur hack but Are you updating soon?
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                  Reply
                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:23 PM.