• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Suggestion Box

Years
I'd like to suggest a devamping tutorial guide if one has not been made.

That suggestion isn't really a suggestion for the Pixel Art forums themselves. If you'd like a devamping tutorial, you could try googling it or possibly ask Chesu for a future devamping tutorial.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Take out the pixel art request thread and shops, and stop general laziness in pa :3
kthanxbai

Years
Actually i've been meaning to remove the Pixel Art Request thread because like T100MS said, barely any request is taken.

Years
"Original" doesn't mean you have to make fresh ones for the thread. It just means scratch spriting as opposed to fusions, splices and the like.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I would like to see that "4 original sprites" rule taken out, I mean what if I didn't want to make 4 more sprites than I wanted to make AND go through taking the time to upload each sprite.
Bad idea. If anything, I think we should push it up. There really isn't any point in having a whole thread for two or three random sprites a person made an hour ago. It wouldn't create any discussion and would turn dead after one or two posts. The pixel art section isn't just for showing off sprites either, it's for critisism to help people get better. It would have more sense to have a wide range/a few sprites to show off your abilities.

On the "Original" thing, fusions and recolours are not really something you need to make a thread about, considering your practically just editing someone elses sprite, which isn't your own work.

Years
I would like to see that "4 original sprites" rule taken out, I mean what if I didn't want to make 4 more sprites than I wanted to make AND go through taking the time to upload each sprite.

If you can't be bothered enough to go through the process, time, and work to create and present 4 original works, you don't deserve an entire thread for showcasing.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
If you've been practicing your work for a while it's not really hard to get a few pieces of original content done. It's a much more effective way to work on some things than building off existing sprites.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
Yeah, actually, the request thread is bad for my health, too.

By the way, we can have someone become a 'host' in Competitions if Logi can't do it or something like that. I remember that back in Emulation, some contests were opened by regular members (of course, they never judged anything), but I guess this could also solve the 'waiting list' on sprite duels.

Years
Yeah, actually, the request thread is bad for my health, too.

By the way, we can have someone become a 'host' in Competitions if Logi can't do it or something like that. I remember that back in Emulation, some contests were opened by regular members (of course, they never judged anything), but I guess this could also solve the 'waiting list' on sprite duels.

Sorry for the lack of activity. ):
I am quite onboard on member-hosted competitions but about the WPC, don't forget members can suggest themes and restrictions as well for the WPC. I might have to make a thread about that or so, but for now you can only PM me themes and restrictions you'd like to see in the WPC.

As for the activity on Sprite duels, again, sorry. I could be needing an 'assistant' to help me update the lists as people post and challenge for duels. I'll keep that in mind for now.

Years
hello all...does anyone can make pokeball sprites like Lorak's pokeball sprites on smogon...? we can use them on this site...:D

just suggestion..

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
If you can't be bothered enough to go through the process, time, and work to create and present 4 original works, you don't deserve an entire thread for showcasing.

This. You have to spend time making recolors and fusions and then upload them all, so why not make scratches. Heck, even a WIP would be better than nothing. It's bad enough that the threads with original content are getting buried up by people who don't know how to read the rules, i.e. posting nothing put recolors and fusions or shop threads (which don't belong in that forum). If you don't feel like it/only have one or two, then just put it in the Spriter's Showcase/Discussion thread to avoid even more clutter.

I also think the number should be bumped up from four. It gives more for other people to critique upon and provides more practice for the spriter.

Years
hello all...does anyone can make pokeball sprites like Lorak's pokeball sprites on smogon...? we can use them on this site...:D

just suggestion..

This suggestion thread is to make suggestions on how to improve the Pixel Art forums and what you would like to see here. This isn't a place just to get sprites for your rom hacks and fan games.

Back