• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Another one (seriously? this game's really hard for me): how do I get rocksmash to get to the desert??

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Alright finally finished! My only criticism is story-wise. I think it would be possible to better connect the Elite 4 to the actual storyline...you basically randomly take a break from your quest and beat some powerful trainers en route to being enshrined in the Hall of Fame... I guess im suggestion a line or two indicating that the Elite 4 are aware of the zombieness and are unable to stop it...maybe they themselves are seeking to help you get stronger, acknowledging that they themselves lack that power...

the random appearance of Steven Stone is also strange, he pops in and doesnt refer to the invasion or mention why he is not helping out...

btw absolutely loved the hack and the storyline. Insane plot twists. At like 4 different points during the story, everything you think you know turns out to be false. Especially enjoyed the flashback/dream sequence at the end

Remove some randomness from Snakewood? Sorry, but that would go against my natural sensibilities. The E4 are aware of the zombies - three of them were eaten, remember? Also, as you will find out, Steven Stone is helping out - in a big way. If you really want to know, I'll tell you how:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Seriously, has no one got the whole 'Taoist' thing yet? Hasn't it occurred to anyone that there's only one canon where Taoists control zombies? I thought that was an easy reference... but I guess I was wrong. 40 points to anyone who gets it.

Another one (seriously? this game's really hard for me): how do I get rocksmash to get to the desert??

Go rescue Gleis from the Island of Calm. He'll give you Rock Smash as a reward.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
^^ I certainly hope not. Generally his references are significantly more clever and refer to fictional things

I wont get the 40 pts, but in chinese mythology Taoists lead dead soldiers to battle. Unless its a canon along those lines? Partial credit?

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Don't worry about asking a ton of questions. I asked so many questions so many times I got up to saying "kagilianth" which Culterine got a kick out of. But The Island of Calm is over by new mauville. It's that little bit of land with the tree and the sign.

I have one quick question. Does the game end after you meet dr.blackthorn or something at pacifilog and he tells you to go train with the gym leader.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutlerine

Years
Ok, so which door do I go through to get to Gleis?

The Island of Calm is a giant maze. If you're referring to the doors on the mountain on it, you have to go through every single one and fight all the Deadly Seven. If you're referring to the choice of doors you get a few floors down in the Island of Calm itself, then choose very, very carefully.

Spoiler:

Don't worry about asking a ton of questions. I asked so many questions so many times I got up to saying "kagilianth" which Culterine got a kick out of. But The Island of Calm is over by new mauville. It's that little bit of land with the tree and the sign.

I have one quick question. Does the game end after you meet dr.blackthorn or something at pacifilog and he tells you to go train with the gym leader.

That's where the current beta ends. I'm almost finished with the next update - just a couple of bugs in the Abandoned Mine and the Resistance Headquarters to iron out first.

^^ I certainly hope not. Generally his references are significantly more clever and refer to fictional things

I wont get the 40 pts, but in chinese mythology Taoists lead dead soldiers to battle. Unless its a canon along those lines? Partial credit?

Eh... 5 points. Somewhat close. As you said, this would be a fictional reference - and I'll tell you it's a modern one at that.

EDIT: Oh, and the Island of Calm is not a reference to the Island of Guam. It's a reference to... to... I don't know. Probably nothing at all, just some random thing I made up. I know I took the name from the expression 'an island of calm', probably because it seemed vaguely funny at a time to reveal somewhere so peaceful-sounding and tiny as a gigantic place full of chaos and insanity, and caves full of orangeade.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
How do I get past the Frigid Way?

It's a simple ice maze. I don't have a picture, so I can't tell you the exact route - but it's not too hard to get from the ladder where you get in to the south-west exit. You might be trying to get to the north exit, which you can't get through without Strength, an HM that is, to the chagrin of an awful lot of people, completely unavailable as of yet.

Oh, and EXCITING NEWS, EVERYONE:

I have the new update ready - I can confirm that unless extreme circumstances occur, it will be posted on Sunday. Define 'extreme circumstances' as you wish.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Alright! New update in, at least I think I have it right for me, 3 days! My brain skips a beat every now and then, so it should fly by easily! Im as giddy as a schoolgirl!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Cuterline:Seriously, has no one got the whole 'Taoist' thing yet? Hasn't it occurred to anyone that there's only one canon where Taoists control zombies? I thought that was an easy reference... but I guess I was wrong. 40 points to anyone who gets it.

I'm gonna get this wrong, but is the refference from
''Five Venoms vs Wutang''? I really have no clue so I used google XD

Cutlerine

Years
Cuterline:Seriously, has no one got the whole 'Taoist' thing yet? Hasn't it occurred to anyone that there's only one canon where Taoists control zombies? I thought that was an easy reference... but I guess I was wrong. 40 points to anyone who gets it.

No. Although that is a fairly amusing film to watch, if only for the concept.

That reminds me, though: Five Deadly Venoms. A truly wonderful film, referenced by everything from Kill Bill to World of Warcraft. I guess I'll have to reference it, too - and not with the Inquisition's Five Ninja.

You know what? I give up. Just, if anyone gets any references from here on out, post them and I'll tell you if you're right or not. Because, distressingly, you might well be wrong.

Last edited:

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Oh there's a glitch. The 1st time I battled Aerodactyl, it wasn't shiny.

So what do I do after I went to the Sage's something after I caught the Aerodactyl?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRkyeet

Member of the GGs
Years

I'm sorry Cutlerine. I have to do this.
Try things involving ZOMBIES and LOANS, people! This has gone on too long!
aaah, I feel so much better.

Cutlerine

Years
Oh there's a glitch. The 1st time I battled Aerodactyl, it wasn't shiny.

So what do I do after I went to the Sage's something after I caught the Aerodactyl?

That's odd. The Aerodactyl has never not been shiny for me.

Anyway, after defeating Elder Longwei, you can either:

a) Head back up to the mountaintop to fight some more sages and purchase some snacks.

b) Use the Yellow Vespa to scale the mudslide in the desert and continue on your quest.

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I just got the new patch, I went straight into the gym in pacifilog, fought all the guys but esau is not there and there is this mirror thing in the gym I have no clue what it does,help.

Back