• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#7 - Retype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #7 - Retype
Hosted by: Logiedan
Approved by: Logiedan

Theme: Retype
Alright, the WPC was down for a few weeks but it's up now and hopefully will have more activity like it use to! We're going to start with a simple challenge of retyping, but wait! There's a small twist, you'll have to retype your chosen Pokémon to it's weakness. Keep in mind that you'll have to have to use the weakness for dual typed Pokémon as well.

Omits:
In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• Spiritomb is an omit. Do not choose this Pokémon.
  • Sableye is an omit. Do not choose this Pokémon.

Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
  • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
  • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
  • No previously made work.
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 96x96
  • Palette Requirements: 32 is the maximum.
  • Transparency: Optional
  • Animation: Optional
  • Other: None
If you have any suggestions for next week's theme, send me a PM!

Last edited:
Years
wooo...guess i'm first :P
Rapidash retype
this guy really came in handy :P
3rdwatercopy.png

nah i'm just kidding... it just seemed to kinda fit :P

anyway....here's my actual entry:-

MIGHTYENA retype:-

Spoiler:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
JINX RETYPE

(ICE -> STEEL / PSYCHIC -> GHOST)

contest.jpg

1. I GAVE JYNX GOLD THEATRICAL ARMOR AND CROWN TO EMULATE STEEL TYPE.
2. I GAVE JYNX ERNS FOR BREASTPLATES AND A DARK PURPLE DRAPPING DRESS TO EMULATE THE GHOST TYPE.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
My first was in the wrong format!!!

JINX RETYPE

pngv.png

(ICE -> STEEL / PSYCHIC -> GHOST)

1. I GAVE JYNX GOLD THEATRICAL ARMOR AND CROWN TO EMULATE STEEL TYPE.
2. I GAVE JYNX ERNS FOR BREASTPLATES AND A DARK PURPLE DRAPPING DRESS TO EMULATE THE GHOST TYPE.

Years
picture.php

Bug/Water --> Rock/Grass

(Hope I made it before the contest ended)

Edit: Posted the unfinished sprite by mistake.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
You have to take care of the second type as well. (rock). Also, the rules state that everything must be scratch. The horsea icon you used can be found on this site.
http://pkmn.net/?action=dex&page=pokemongame&game=10&id=116
horsea.png

Also, Magcargo's sprite lines up exactly with yours; it's not scratch.http://www.poke-amph.com/diamondpearl/pokedex/magcargo.php
219.png

That's a good point. Can we use a already existing sprite of a Pokemon and re-type it, or do we have to do it all from scratch?

Years
Yeah, sorry. I thought it was obvious that retypes didn't need to be scratch. Next time i'll state so. Anyways, i'm a bit late but to make it up, i'll accept all entries up to this point. So...

The winner is...

Scarf!
picture.php

The design is very creative and quite thought out and i'm liking the palette for the green.
The only thing I think you could've done was added a little more detail to the body
to make it look more rock-like, unless you weren't going for that. Despite that, I think it's a wonderful
sprite and a nice retype.

Honourable Mentions

The 100 Mega Shock

zuruanim.gif

A creative and humourous design and idea, it's a great sprite and I love the smoothness
and anti-aliasing. The only problem I had was that it's not very an ideal design for Pokémon.

-ty-

pngv.png

I'm sorry for the confusion about the theme and such, so I applaud you on the great scratch work and the ideas. What's wrong about this sprite is that it's at an odd angle (but it may be because I didn't state that you didn't need to do a 100% scratch sprite).

Thanks for participating everyone, good luck on next week's round.
Thread will be closed in two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back