Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old December 12th, 2010 (2:10 PM).
Astinus's Avatar
Astinus Astinus is offline
Remember NovEnder
     
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: Connecticut, USA
    Age: 30
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 9,960
    Given. And thanks for sticking around so long. (Hard to believe how time flies here, né?)
    __________________
    Now nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody speaks my name
    I'm just another blister in the mouth of shame
    A bug in Ender's Game


    Relevant Advertising!

      #102    
    Old December 12th, 2010 (11:40 PM).
    Alternative's Avatar
    Alternative Alternative is offline
    stalwart command
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Adelaide, Australia
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Impish
    Posts: 4,268
    I have a question about emblems that is also regarding the up-coming Christmas Event.

    I'm assuming we're allowed to make emblems for our own events, but are we allowed to give out descriptions for them as well, or do they have to be left up to the moderator of the section?
      #103    
    Old December 13th, 2010 (12:04 AM).
    Patchisou Yutohru's Avatar
    Patchisou Yutohru Patchisou Yutohru is offline
    • Developer
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Oct 2004
    Location: New Jersey
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 17,242
    You can certainly create emblem descriptions for your desired events. We're looking into a dedicated forum to hold the events, so asking a moderator isn't something I would encourage just yet, since you most likely won't need to ask the individual anyway. But emblems are uploaded by the admins anyway, so they're the only people who need to approve those nowadays.
      #104    
    Old December 13th, 2010 (9:48 AM).
    Elite Four Lucian's Avatar
    Elite Four Lucian Elite Four Lucian is offline
    Elite Four - Psychic User
       
      Join Date: Jun 2007
      Location: Sinnoh Region
      Age: 29
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 382
      I'd like to request a few emblems:

      Emblem: Level Up!
      Requisite: ...not be a n00b anymore.

      Emblem: Varsity Nintendo
      Requisite: Have a notable appreciation and knowledge on past generation games.

      Emblem: PC IS MY LIFE
      Requisite: Given to those who seem to be on PC all the time. (Or at ridiculous hours for their timezone. :P)

      Emblem: Helping Hand
      Requisite: Given to people who often answers questions and help people out in any way.

      Emblem: PC Veteran
      Requisite: Be a member of PC for at least three years.
      *you may use this thread to request this emblem*
      __________________



      Pokemon Moon FC & IGN: Kai | 4313 - 5276 - 2514
        #105    
      Old December 13th, 2010 (10:21 AM).
      Patchisou Yutohru's Avatar
      Patchisou Yutohru Patchisou Yutohru is offline
      • Developer
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Oct 2004
      Location: New Jersey
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 17,242
      Notice how *you may use this thread to request this emblem* is only under PC veteran? Notice how there are only three emblems in the user requestable table? :/

      Nevertheless, veteran emblem get.
        #106    
      Old December 13th, 2010 (10:50 AM).
      Elite Four Lucian's Avatar
      Elite Four Lucian Elite Four Lucian is offline
      Elite Four - Psychic User
         
        Join Date: Jun 2007
        Location: Sinnoh Region
        Age: 29
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 382
        Sorry.. My Bad. Didn't realize
          #107    
        Old December 14th, 2010 (8:23 PM).
        Aquacorde's Avatar
        Aquacorde Aquacorde is offline
        -- don't you dare look back
           
          Join Date: Jul 2004
          Location: Ankh-Morpork
          Age: 24
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Bold
          Posts: 10,236
          May I please have my "Committed" emblem removed?
          __________________
          Sorley
          BEYOND

          Mihira Anand
          Journey Optional

          Roleplay Theatre
            #108    
          Old December 14th, 2010 (8:42 PM).
          Sydian's Avatar
          Sydian Sydian is offline
          case CLOSED.
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Feb 2008
          Location: Alabama
          Age: 24
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 32,087
          I'll take that for you. Have fun without it? :D
          __________________
          ≫ they took a little look at my heart
          they found a prince living behind bars ≪

          challenges | klippy
            #109    
          Old December 18th, 2010 (1:45 PM).
          Athelstan's Avatar
          Athelstan Athelstan is offline
          Odin
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Valhalla
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 3,319
          I request the "Format Genius" emblem from my post 9 on the first page, to be precise.
          __________________

            #110    
          Old December 18th, 2010 (1:48 PM).
          Kevin's Avatar
          Kevin Kevin is offline
          kevin del rey
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2010
          Location: Virginia
          Age: 18
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 2,689
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
          I request the "Format Genius" emblem from my post 9 on the first page, to be precise.
          It seems that you can only request emblems that say: *you may use this thread to request this emblem* under it. If not, then it's a staffer's choice to give a miscellaneous emblem such as Format Genius.
          __________________
            #111    
          Old December 18th, 2010 (1:51 PM).
          Sydian's Avatar
          Sydian Sydian is offline
          case CLOSED.
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Feb 2008
          Location: Alabama
          Age: 24
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 32,087
          Quote:
          I request the "Format Genius" emblem from my post 9 on the first page, to be precise.
          Quote:
          It seems that you can only request emblems that say: *you may use this thread to request this emblem* under it. If not, then it's a staffer's choice to give a miscellaneous emblem such as Format Genius.
          Just a side note, but coming in here and requesting emblems that aren't requestable will lower the likeliness of a staff member even wanting to give you the emblem. Sounds snotty, but people don't need to read the first post of this thread. And when we see someone that doesn't read it clearly and comes in and requests it, even when you do meet some criteria for the emblem, we'll remember this and probably not want to give you the emblem, thinking that you might have met the criteria on purpose.
            #112    
          Old December 18th, 2010 (1:53 PM).
          Athelstan's Avatar
          Athelstan Athelstan is offline
          Odin
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Valhalla
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 3,319
          Actually, I mistakenly made the mistake (?) but I realised later after that, so yeah.
            #113    
          Old December 19th, 2010 (2:31 PM).
          altariaking's Avatar
          altariaking altariaking is offline
          Needs NO VMs...
             
            Join Date: Dec 2009
            Location: Scotland, Lesmahagow
            Age: 42
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 1,098
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by HackDeoxys View Post
            I'd like to request the emblem "commited". I've been paired for over a year.
            Nice try bro, but...
            http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6326&pictureid=50680
            Yeah, like I said, nice try.
            __________________
            http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=253113
              #114    
            Old December 20th, 2010 (11:39 PM).
            xMeowthz's Avatar
            xMeowthz xMeowthz is offline
            Starting off fresh, again.
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Dec 2008
            Location: in a trance
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naughty
            Posts: 203
            [s]i request the no no no emblem[\s]

            loljk. For the "Post It" emblem, would it be legal under PokeCommunity state laws to request it when you have say, 10,001 posts?
            __________________
            Working on a new sig, out of ideas, lost intrest in photoshop.
              #115    
            Old December 21st, 2010 (1:06 AM).
            dragonite149's Avatar
            dragonite149 dragonite149 is offline
            I am not male
               
              Join Date: Aug 2010
              Location: You wanna know? Well, I'm not telling you.
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 594
              I think that you should be able to request the Nintendo Varsitan, but a certain way. When you request it, a staff member will give you some questions on older games (like RGB and GSC) via private message. If you answer most of them correctly, you get the emblem. Is that a good idea?
              __________________
              Third time's the charm, right~?
                #116    
              Old December 21st, 2010 (1:10 AM).
              Forever's Avatar
              Forever Forever is online now
              SACRED FIRE
              • Moderator
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Nov 2005
              Location: Queensland
              Age: 25
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Bold
              Posts: 35,309
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by dragonite149 View Post
              I think that you should be able to request the Nintendo Varsitan, but a certain way. When you request it, a staff member will give you some questions on older games (like RGB and GSC) via private message. If you answer most of them correctly, you get the emblem. Is that a good idea?
              Not really, because you could just Google every answer.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by xMeowthz View Post
              [s]i request the no no no emblem[\s]

              loljk. For the "Post It" emblem, would it be legal under PokeCommunity state laws to request it when you have say, 10,001 posts?
              I'd assume so, since I, for one, would give it out if you did ask for it and had a high post count such as that.
              __________________

              Celebrating Gold and Silver's Upcoming Virtual Console Release!
              moderator of the following games
              [ ]
                #117    
              Old December 21st, 2010 (5:06 AM). Edited December 21st, 2010 by dragonite149.
              dragonite149's Avatar
              dragonite149 dragonite149 is offline
              I am not male
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2010
                Location: You wanna know? Well, I'm not telling you.
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 594
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Forever View Post
                Not really, because you could just Google every answer.
                Then how would the staff know if you really know a lot about RGB/GSC, or if you Googled the things you 'know'?
                  #118    
                Old December 21st, 2010 (5:46 AM).
                560cool.'s Avatar
                560cool. 560cool. is offline
                Probably back.
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2009
                  Location: Eastern Europe
                  Age: 18
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 2,002
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by dragonite149 View Post
                  Then how would the staff know if you really know a lot about RGB/GSC, or if you Googled the things you 'know'?
                  It would be much safer not to do this. Many people would cheat for an emblem. ):
                  __________________
                  Well, okay. I'm here just to chat with people. Don't really care about signatures and stuff.



                    #119    
                  Old December 21st, 2010 (6:08 AM).
                  Forever's Avatar
                  Forever Forever is online now
                  SACRED FIRE
                  • Moderator
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2005
                  Location: Queensland
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Bold
                  Posts: 35,309
                  I think the way it can be determined as to whether they deserve it is if they post in help threads, giving useful advice often, posting in discussion threads (which you can't google your opinions) and make interesting posts based on those games. That's really the best way you can determine whether they're entitled to it, because a few questions via Private Message aren't enough.
                    #120    
                  Old December 21st, 2010 (10:18 AM).
                  Incineroar's Avatar
                  Incineroar Incineroar is offline
                  the spirit of the fighter
                  • Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • Developer
                   
                  Join Date: May 2009
                  Location: Iki Town
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 13,453
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Forever View Post
                  I think the way it can be determined as to whether they deserve it is if they post in help threads, giving useful advice often, posting in discussion threads (which you can't google your opinions) and make interesting posts based on those games. That's really the best way you can determine whether they're entitled to it, because a few questions via Private Message aren't enough.
                  I'd see the same thing as well. I'm a retro Nintendo nut, I'll admit though.

                  It'd be funny if we were actually allowed to request No No No, though. Or, even just a "Blank Emblem" that is just a pointless emblem. It wouldn't make much sense though. And the Smiley Overuser one- I don't like the idea of that one. I thought using too many smileys was an infractable offense.
                  __________________
                    #121    
                  Old December 21st, 2010 (10:30 AM). Edited December 21st, 2010 by Miss Doronjo.
                  Miss Doronjo's Avatar
                  Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
                  Gaiden
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2010
                    Location: Toronto, Ontario
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 4,488
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
                    I'd see the same thing as well. I'm a retro Nintendo nut, I'll admit though.

                    It'd be funny if we were actually allowed to request No No No, though. Or, even just a "Blank Emblem" that is just a pointless emblem. It wouldn't make much sense though. And the Smiley Overuser one- I don't like the idea of that one. I thought using too many smileys was an infractable offense.
                    I would think for emblems like the Smiley overuser emblem, it all should count towards the quality of posts, rather than the quantity. So I'd think it'll be an infractionable offense if say, a person only puts smiley's on their posts, compared to a person who made well thought of posts, with a smiley or two.
                    __________________

                    Hawthorne Guardian
                    Moderator of Video Games
                    Paired to: Perdition Haze

                    Pokémon:PhoenixRising
                    Sylvie
                      #122    
                    Old December 21st, 2010 (10:42 AM).
                    Incineroar's Avatar
                    Incineroar Incineroar is offline
                    the spirit of the fighter
                    • Moderator
                    • Platinum Tier
                    • Developer
                     
                    Join Date: May 2009
                    Location: Iki Town
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 13,453
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post


                    I would think for emblems like the Smiley overuser emblem, it all should count towards the quality of posts, rather than the quantity. So I'd think it'll be an infractionable offense if say, a person only puts smiley's on their posts.
                    Well, the description says "Using loads of smileys in a post".

                    I remember that there is a smiley abuse infraction. Wouldn't they contradict each other?
                      #123    
                    Old December 21st, 2010 (6:32 PM).
                    Forever's Avatar
                    Forever Forever is online now
                    SACRED FIRE
                    • Moderator
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2005
                    Location: Queensland
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Bold
                    Posts: 35,309
                    What? o_O
                    ...yeah I can't see any smiley abuse infractions. Unless you mean character limit breakage.

                    @Miss Doronjo: Mhm, that's what I give it out for. Not necessarily ones with a thousand smilies but consistent smiley use over a certain period of time. Not sure about everyone else, though.

                    But yeah those with only just smilies in their posts would get infracted for spam or character limit breakage, that's... obvious. XD;
                      #124    
                    Old December 22nd, 2010 (8:17 PM).
                    Incineroar's Avatar
                    Incineroar Incineroar is offline
                    the spirit of the fighter
                    • Moderator
                    • Platinum Tier
                    • Developer
                     
                    Join Date: May 2009
                    Location: Iki Town
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 13,453
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
                    What?
                    ...yeah I can't see any smiley abuse infractions. Unless you mean character limit breakage.

                    @Miss Doronjo: Mhm, that's what I give it out for. Not necessarily ones with a thousand smilies but consistent smiley use over a certain period of time. Not sure about everyone else, though.

                    But yeah those with only just smilies in their posts would get infracted for spam or character limit breakage, that's... obvious. XD;
                    No, I don't Like, if someone were to make 10 lines of smileys after a long enough of a post to not have to bypass anything, I could see an infraction. And, on the topic of Emblems, I saw the best emblem today, called, "I gave you a cookie, but..." It's so cute! <3
                      #125    
                    Old December 22nd, 2010 (9:54 PM).
                    Erik Destler's Avatar
                    Erik Destler Erik Destler is offline
                    henny
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2005
                    Location: texas
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Naughty
                    Posts: 3,408
                    Well, of course, because that would be spam. It only means that you often use smilies in your post.
                    Like every few lines, or so. :p
                    __________________

                    Paired with Hiroshi Sotomura and Cherrim
                    Tumblr / IG / Twitter
                    Closed Thread
                    Quick Reply

                    Sponsored Links
                    Thread Tools

                    Posting Rules
                    You may not post new threads
                    You may not post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may not edit your posts

                    BB code is On
                    Smilies are On
                    [IMG] code is On
                    HTML code is Off

                    Forum Jump


                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:17 AM.