• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You mean the Red Challenge or whatever? There was something I didn't approve and it was made by him and I keep seeing it like...everyday. lmao I never understood what he was going for, so I made other mods read it and they didn't get it either. So I was just like "well if they don't get it, and I don't get it, will anyone else get it?"

Years
I'm not a fan of the Red challenge. I don't like the idea of having to buy everything needed to complete the game, it just seemed hard to manage.
In other news, I lost my HG run because Bugsy's Scyther was dishing out crit U-turns like nobody's business.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I dislike having to buy things irl why should I buy them to complete a challenge hmm...

And that sucks. Where was your Quilava in all this? Oh that's right, you went with Chikorita. Where was your Geodude for this mess?

Speaking of HG, say hello to my HG team in my sig. They're all so cute. Hover for movesets. :'D Not quite done, of course. And no, they're not for a challenge, that's actually a regular playthrough. But they're so great and wonderful.

Edit: THE NEIGHBORS KEEP HONKING CAR HORNS AND IT'S REALLY ANNOYING

Years
I dislike having to buy things irl why should I buy them to complete a challenge hmm...

And that sucks. Where was your Quilava in all this? Oh that's right, you went with Chikorita. Where was your Geodude for this mess?

Speaking of HG, say hello to my HG team in my sig. They're all so cute. Hover for movesets. :'D Not quite done, of course. And no, they're not for a challenge, that's actually a regular playthrough. But they're so great and wonderful.

Edit: THE NEIGHBORS KEEP HONKING CAR HORNS AND IT'S REALLY ANNOYING

My Geodude had 29 HP, I assumed it would survive U-Turn. Of course it's a crit, and everything else was critted into oblivion. I'll admit I even had a Milotic in my party that I wasn't going to use until later. Even Milotic can't survive his Crit-Turns. I guess I'll go do some other challenge on HG using a Flygon.

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
Okay, just a couple of challenge ideas that popped into my head ^^

1: 'Mono nature' challenge
-Here's how this one will work; you have to complete any pkmn game using pokemon of one nature only. The person who comment's under you choses that nature, based on what they think of your personality (profile, signature, comments etc). Also, just to make it slightly more fun, you can only catch pokemon that slightly resemble that nature; ie if you get 'rash' you could have a primape or weaville, but not a alakazam or slaking.

2: The currently unamed challenge (gym swap or something?)
-This one's gonna be difficult to explain, so sorry if you can't tell what I'm saying. Each time you defeat a gym, you have to change you pokemon to ones you catch after it. Example: On Firered, you have your starter and a butterfree when you defeat Brock. You need to go to the next route out of Pewter, catch some pokemon, deposit the butterfree and starter, and use those. The rules would be no legendaries, no cheating (it's really not needed) you can't go out of a city with a gym leader to a city you haven't been to yet; ie you can't leave Cerulean and go to Vermillion until you bet Misty; and you can't catch pokemon in previous routes once you've bet the gym leader.

Why can't I do them: First one needs work, I can't explain the second one without a huge lecture; time constraints, I probably wouldn't finish; and I don't think I'd be the best person for looking after a thread.

Enjoy!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nature sounds interesting, however it's hard to find Pokemon that have the nature you want, and not a lot of us want to SR for our specific assigned nature. Even with the added element of having Pokemon that seem to fit the nature, it still seems limited.

And though your second suggestion has been done before, there's not a current one up and running right now, so after you think of a name, read up the rules to make sure it's all in check, and make a thread for it if you want and I will get to it when I can.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Yeah the second one is like my now-dead 1 Pokemon 1 Gym challenge. The only difference is I require solo runs. You can start it up again, but there is a reason it died. Too complicated for some, too much grinding for others.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Dunno why I didn't enter it, I grind levels all day without changing my team constantly. v_v lol

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
Aright then, thanks for the feedback!
Sorry for not realisng the second one was done, I've only really look at the first page of this section ^^; my bad.

I knew the nature one had a few errors, I know I also don't use mons if they have a bad nature. I might try to work with it a little more, and see if its any good.

I think that both idea's need some work though before I'd consider making a thread, but thanks for the feedback again!

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Yay, Cocky in the team. But he's still Little Chicken for me. <3

And the "What you want to see in 2011" thread has pretty interesting opinions. I tried zooming through them pretty fast, but they're just too many. v_v'

On another note... I'm at the hotel today, since the slopes are completely full. Nobody went skiing, and I am sitting in the hotel lobby (where I have Wi-Fi signal) with people staring at what I search. I try keeping 5 tabs open at a time, and switch to something like Facebook when people stare, but it's so annoying... u_u

1: 'Mono nature' challenge
-Here's how this one will work; you have to complete any pkmn game using pokemon of one nature only. The person who comment's under you choses that nature, based on what they think of your personality (profile, signature, comments etc). Also, just to make it slightly more fun, you can only catch pokemon that slightly resemble that nature; ie if you get 'rash' you could have a primape or weaville, but not a alakazam or slaking.

This actually came to my mind yesterday, but I thought people would just be annoyed because they can't get the nature they need... I'm pretty sure it will turn into an issue... >_>'

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Ugh... my Nuzlocke Run is NOT looking good... My only good pokemon atm is a level 18 Grovyle... Brawly almost ended the run altogether. It's gonna take some SERIOUS Grinding to regain a good Status.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just want to point out that just because someone says "oh that challenge has been done" doesn't mean that it can't be redone. If for some reason it failed the first time, try to improve on what you think might have caused it to die, and then try to give new life to it. You guys make it sound so bad when you say "oh that's been done before." It comes off as a "that's boring, don't do that" to some people. Should be a little more encouraging. :)

And yes, I felt like raising a Blaziken, but for my favorite challenge on SS, I ended up with Combusken, so now I'm kinda burnt out (no pun intended) on the Torchic line.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I don't see how the Mononature challenge would be a challenge. You get an entire team of whomever you want, you just have to keep resetting until you get the nature you want. I never bother with natures, and my challenges already end up just fine, so with the variety of Pokemon you can have, I don't see this as challenging at all.

Years
I don't see how the Mononature challenge would be a challenge. You get an entire team of whomever you want, you just have to keep resetting until you get the nature you want. I never bother with natures, and my challenges already end up just fine, so with the variety of Pokemon you can have, I don't see this as challenging at all.

Maybe it could be converted to a bad-nature challenge, in which you have to beat the game using natures that don't suit the Pokemon you have.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I guess, but still. I mean, you know I've done quite the number of challenges. I have never checked natures once in my life. Well, I take that back. I did when I was considering to try Contests. I grew quickly bored. I'm assuming that at least a few of the pokemon had bad natures, but I just grinded a few more levels til they were acceptable. I don't think I've broken 70 on a challenge that natures were in. So, I had plenty of room to make up for the bad nature.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The most challenging part of a nature challenge is actually catching what you want and it, by some miracle, having the nature you want.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2011
The ability synchronize has an outside battle effect where wild pokemon have a 50% chance of having the same nature of the pokemon with synchronize.

Has to be the first pokemon in your party though.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
So you basically just have to SR til you get a Ralts with the right nature, then go around with Ralts leading to get your other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back