• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiralHorn

Feels like an old fart D:
Years
There are a couple of issues that I had that I don't think where mentioned. First, when I started, I didn't get to chose my starter, I just started out with two Bulbasaurs! Then when I had to fight Rich I lost the first time, and when I left the house after blacking out, the rival battle event started again, but there was no sprite for Rich, and it started in front of the players house instead of the Lab.

I agree that the first fight is too hard. Even with two Bulbasaurs, I wasn't dealing very much damage, while Growlithe was taking out much larger chunks of damage, and I think the flinch rate for bite is set too high (though that may have just been an unlucky fight).

But I have to say, the fight music is absolutely gorgeous. I did seem kind of out of place along with the rest of the tracks which are a lot more mellow, but I loved it none the less. And your tiles are tops!

This looks like it's going to be a good game, I love the mystery of the environment turning blue, and the plot with the professors is funny, but cool since it's new for a Pokemon game.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Yeah, sorry about that. I've explained how to avoid the problem above.
I'm releasing a new version with the bugs fixed tommorow, so be sure to download that.
And I know some parts seem rushed, but if I hadn't released it everyone would have gone mad. Besides, it is a beta, so there are going to be errors like this.

Bold part disturbed me. Just because a group of whining people demand a demo doesn't mean you have to rush and release it. Those type of people just need to realise it's not them making a game out of their own time as a hobby and providing a community something fun and original. All I can say is congrats on the effort you are making on this game by producing a beta for people, glitched up or not, still something that provides entertainment to those. :)

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
I must say, I really don't like the guy who takes all your money off you without warning if you talk to him. That isn't very helpful.

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
Bold part disturbed me. Just because a group of whining people demand a demo doesn't mean you have to rush and release it. Those type of people just need to realise it's not them making a game out of their own time as a hobby and providing a community something fun and original. All I can say is congrats on the effort you are making on this game by producing a beta for people, glitched up or not, still something that provides entertainment to those. :)

I agree 100% with Carmaniac when i heard you delayed the demo i was alright with it because i understand that people run into viruses now and then. You shouldn't give in to people who whine for a demo.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
the professor repeats herself a lot
movement permissions are screwed up in the lab (go up the stairs and keep walking)

roxaspwner

Pokemon Orange Isles Leader
Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2016
In Larcoon, the house next to the PC, when you leave you get stuck in the doorway. Same thing goes for the PC in Kindlewood Town? Or whichever one contains the fire gym.

It might be just me, but the battle bases aren't transparent and there's either a white border where it should probably be transparent.

Last edited:

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Also:
Depositing your pokemon in the pc doesn't heal them. And storing them results in an error.

The Beedrill with fury attack just isn't fair, especially since you can't even heal.

Your super effective thing also doesn't work. As long as one type of the opponent is weak to a move, Xenotime says the move is super effective, even if the other type is resistant to the move.

You can also walk onto the exit of the pokemon center from the side, which gets you stuck when you exit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
The game looks awesome!!!! The tiles just rock they are very good. But I found a bug:
-When leaving the Illegal TM kid freak house you get stuck at the door.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
Years
Here, Peeky. You might be interested in...

Piplup-Trainer's bug report Part 1

Spoiler:

Years
Ok i did this for uranium and now im gonna report all bugs i see for This game, to help you make it better for next demo release!

First of all, in the lab the prof. repeats himself in the end.
Battle system is bugged, and you can't see rivals head.
If you die from the rivals battle when you walk outside of your home you see the message appear straight away that he wants to fight you, but theres no rival overworld there.. hmmmmm.
When you die from a wildlife pokemon, you pay it money????? why would a wild pokemon want money.
If you walk back into the lab you will see him talking again and you cant get rid of it ahhhh now i have to start all over ..
The sound to go into a pokemon center is wrong... its not ment to be a door opening.
In the room with the dude thats playing the computer and says stop distracting, you can walk ontop of the bench with the pokeball in it
DAMM, restart again, when you walk out of the house with that dude in it, you get stuck and have to restart the game -_-

In the first forest route, you cant encounter anything in the grass nor does it move.

Screenshots
Tree walk through error. http://img689.imageshack.us/i/screenshot4jn.png/
@pip, your stair bug isn't a bug when you go down your clicking right arrow and its the same arrow to go up so if you hold it down you will end up in the same room, no bug, i had problem to.

Thats all for today!

Last edited:

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Ok i did this for uranium and now im gonna report all bugs i see for This game, to help you make it better for next demo release!

First of all, in the lab the prof. repeats himself in the end.
Battle system is bugged, and you can't see rivals head.
If you die from the rivals battle when you walk outside of your home you see the message appear straight away that he wants to fight you, but theres no rival overworld there.. hmmmmm.
When you die from a wildlife pokemon, you pay it money????? why would a wild pokemon want money.

@pip, your stair bug isn't a bug when you go down your clicking right arrow and its the same arrow to go up so if you hold it down you will end up in the same room, no bug, i had problem to.
Thats done in the regular games so it really isnt a bug.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Seriously, why do you people keep repeating what other people said. If you see somone posted a bug or an error, don't post it again.

Years
Seriously, why do you people keep repeating what other people said. If you see somone posted a bug or an error, don't post it again.
I'm just posting everything i see, even if its an obvious error, thats probs already fixed, ill report it.

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
I shouldn't have to fight Rich again after he's beaten me so hard! Also he has Intimidate, and a flinching move. Please stop me having to battle him!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2011
Whenever I try to play and pick Bulbasaur, first the professor never talks to me, I just go right in and pick Bulba. Then, after I do it plays the same textbox like 10 times. Then, the professor stands at the bottom of the stairway facing left for the rest of eternity. What is going on?

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Ohkay. Firstly, you can walk into that pokeball on the desk in the lab. Second, all the starters say "So you want (insert starter here) the grass pokemon?". This demo is very buggy. I couldn't get out of the darn lab >:C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back