Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

View Poll Results:

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

Yes

7 36.84%

No

12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 7th, 2011 (3:18 PM). Edited January 7th, 2011 by chaos11011.
[untitled]

Nature: Docile

Here's two nifty runs I've found (not made by me but someone on the Nuzlocke Forums)

You are forbidden to not teach a Pokémon a new move it will learn. So even when it's useless, you HAVE to teach it your Pokémon. Also when you find a new TM, you HAVE to teach it one Pokémon in your team (or maybe box) immediately. When no of your Pokémon can learn the TM, you have to throw it away/sell it.

Another rule:
    You are not able to use a move twice in a row. Pokémon who only know just one move may be an exeption.

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 8th, 2011 (8:10 PM).
    The Lord of Smug
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty

This is a really good challenge Idea. The Sketch Challenge! You would need YAPE, though. Basically, you pick your pokemon, and edit their learnsets, replacing every move with Sketch! Imagine the infinite possibilities!

Old January 9th, 2011 (1:22 AM).

Nature: Jolly

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
      I think we should have different generations up for grabs as well. I would try and get Blue because that's the only cartridge I have. Everything else is on my comp, and if I tried to play Red or Yellow, the speed button would totally mess me up - gotta assign something like the end button of something lol.

I recommend looking up something called 'Lameboy' that works on R4's and such - it's a great way to emulate gens I&II with some speed without it getting to the ridiculous speeds VBA does. Look it up on google (need 3 more posts before I can put up links), the info's there.

And to the others, I'd like to express an interest in this big challenge thingy that you're thinking of organising. I'm going to read up on it after this post, but I'm definitely interested.

This signature has been disabled.
      Max height is 350px.
      Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Old January 9th, 2011 (4:49 AM).
      Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed

Quote:
        Originally Posted by chaos11011 View Post
        Here's two nifty runs I've found (not made by me but someone on the Nuzlocke Forums)

You are forbidden to not teach a Pokémon a new move it will learn. So even when it's useless, you HAVE to teach it your Pokémon. Also when you find a new TM, you HAVE to teach it one Pokémon in your team (or maybe box) immediately. When no of your Pokémon can learn the TM, you have to throw it away/sell it.

Another rule:
        You are not able to use a move twice in a row. Pokémon who only know just one move may be an exeption.

Awesome idea, chaos. I really love it, and would play it as soon as it gets accepted. How about we name it... gah, I really have nothing in my mind...

Quote:
        Originally Posted by 649 View Post
        This is a really good challenge Idea. The Sketch Challenge! You would need YAPE, though. Basically, you pick your pokemon, and edit their learnsets, replacing every move with Sketch! Imagine the infinite possibilities!

Also good, but using YAPE for every Pokemon would turn out horribly tedious. I say just edit the moveset for the Pokemon you plan to use. That would be so much easier.

Well, okay. I'm here just to chat with people. Don't really care about signatures and stuff.

Old January 9th, 2011 (9:41 AM).

The Flame Pokémon

• Crystal Tier

Nature: Hardy

Quote:
        Originally Posted by chaos11011 View Post

Another rule:

This is a really good idea. I'd love to join this challenge. even though I have like twenty still to do

It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style.

Old January 9th, 2011 (8:13 PM).
        Challenge God

Nature: Sassy

Whelp, bad news. While on vacation last week, my laptop decided to stop working. Took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy and they said I needed a new battery that would run me about $115. This laptop died on my birthday. FML.

Old January 10th, 2011 (5:34 AM).
          The Lord of Smug
          • Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty

Quote:
          Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
          Whelp, bad news. While on vacation last week, my laptop decided to stop working. Took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy and they said I needed a new battery that would run me about $115. This laptop died on my birthday. FML.

That's amazing. Did you post that on FML? You should.

And Im doing another one of those random moveset challenges. The one I created myself, using YAPE and a random number generator. Basically, I pick 3 random pokemon, and replace every move in their learnset with a random move. And I also randomize the types and abilities. It's awesome. I got a Flying/Dark Magcargo with Fly, Torment, Sky Uppercut, Ice Punch, etc. It has the ability Water Absorb O_o.

However, I can't create a thread, as it's too much bother for most people. Anybody express any interest in this?

Old January 11th, 2011 (5:41 PM).

case CLOSED.

• Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid

That sounds really interesting, tbh. That Magcargo sounds hilarious. XD;

Oh and happy birthday Myrrh. Sorry it sucked. :( o yeah hay guyz im bak frum mai break lol

≫ they took a little look at my heart
          they found a prince living behind bars ≪

challenges | klippy

Old January 11th, 2011 (7:14 PM).
          Engineering Solutions
          • Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax

lol, Sydian double posted. Irony FTW!

Old January 11th, 2011 (7:15 PM).

The Flame Pokémon

• Crystal Tier

Quote:
          My old computer's monitor died on my birthday a few years ago. :c Then I got a new one...the computer itself died.

I really need to focus on a challenge...I'll probably zoom through a bunch during my 3 day weekend coming up.

It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style.

Old January 11th, 2011 (8:32 PM).
          Challenge God

Well, good news. I took it back to Geek Squad and basically the geek there said he was a higher level geek and that I just need to wiggle my power cord when I plug it in. Which worked. I might have to get a part soldered on inside my laptop. But, if I can just live with a laptop that I have to jiggle the power cord in, it's not broken. Which I am doing.

Also the birthday ended a little better. I got enough money to fence next semester again (thank Arceus, I didn't think I was going to be able to).

I too am having problems choosing which challenge to beat. I'm working on a Nuzlocke, but I have like 4 other challenges that I've started. The problem is that most of them are Ultimate Challenges, and I'm on DPPt, which I don't want to start because its my least favorite generation and it takes the longest. Oh well, back to the Nuzlocke I guess.

Old January 11th, 2011 (9:05 PM).

The Flame Pokémon

• Crystal Tier

What you just said about the Ultimate Challenges is so very true. I'm on Pearl for my Ultimate Duospecies, and I've been so...reluctant to begin because I would also have to say that 4th gen is my least favorite, with the exception of HG/SS. Then again, I have RL stuff popping up everywhere, so that makes it more difficult to find the time. :/

Old January 12th, 2011 (3:51 AM).

stalwart command

• Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish

Quote:
            I too am having problems choosing which challenge to beat. I'm working on a Nuzlocke, but I have like 4 other challenges that I've started. The problem is that most of them are Ultimate Challenges, and I'm on DPPt, which I don't want to start because its my least favorite generation and it takes the longest. Oh well, back to the Nuzlocke I guess.
            You could always try out my challenge, the newest challenge on the block. I'm only doing my challenge so far on Emerald. :)

Old January 12th, 2011 (9:26 AM).
            Challenge God

Well, my point is that I want to finish all the ones that I'm on now. I'll probably get around to doing it sometime though.

Old January 12th, 2011 (12:47 PM).
              Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed

Fencing, myrrh. Still doing it ? <3 Me too. (:

And I'm really inactive. Not challenges, not discussion. But my best friend is another person, on the good side. And the details of my inactiveness stop there. Oh, and my Maths recovery. Just one more 10 (A) and my semestrial grade will become... 8 (-B) :D :> n_n'

PS : Sydian always double-posts most of the time often. Must be the evil Internet. Or PC connection.

Also myrrh, my old netbook (that 4 GB HDD thingamajong I kept complaining about. Remember ?) also had the same problem with the jiggly power cord for charge. One of the [thousands] of reasons why I dropped.

And now my monitor's also's gotten a jiggly cord... but I kinda tied it to my speaker, and it seems to do the job. (:

Well, okay. I'm here just to chat with people. Don't really care about signatures and stuff.

Old January 12th, 2011 (3:16 PM).
                [untitled]

HEY GUYZ I THOUGHT UP ME A CHALLENGE!

The Domino Challenge.

I can't explain it to well so I'm going to explain it in Examples.

(The Starter is excluded for type issue btw)

Lets say you have a Budew, it's Grass / Poison, (so its domino would be like 1|4) so you have to get a Poison type as your next pokemon. So you find a Zubat, Poison / Flying(So it's domino would be 4 | 2) and you MUST add it to a team. Add ect.

So your team at this point would be [1|4][4|2]. If you find a Flying type, you must add it to your team.

Add any Rules for extra spice, like Nuzlocke, or just leave it plain and boom your done.

Old January 12th, 2011 (3:22 PM).

stalwart command

• Crystal Tier

From what I understand, this challenge is pretty much the same as the Semi-Type challenge, but I couldn't think of a better name for it. Still, it seems pretty much the same imo.

Old January 12th, 2011 (3:32 PM).
                  [untitled]

Yeah, right after I posted that, I saw your thread.

But there's a diffrence though, on your challenge if you find a Wingull you can use a Water OR a Flying type.

On mine you have to use the the Flying type if you found a Water Pokemon before it. And Vice Versa.

And correct me on this but on my challenge the next possible pokemon you find you MUST catch it. I don't think that's the case on yours ( I skimmed through the Thread, so I didnt quite catch it)

Old January 12th, 2011 (3:42 PM).

stalwart command

• Crystal Tier

Sounds a lot like mine, but with just a few elements from Nuzlocke thrown into the mixture as well. I know on my thread I said you can go with the "domino" style as well, which is what I've been currently doing.

Old January 12th, 2011 (3:46 PM).

case CLOSED.

• Crystal Tier

Don't think we'd need a thread for that, when it's only a minor change from what Alternative already posted.

challenges | klippy

Old January 12th, 2011 (3:49 PM).
                    [untitled]

Great, for once in my life, I get a good idea, but it's "outclassed" by something else.

:/

Old January 12th, 2011 (3:52 PM).

stalwart command

• Crystal Tier

I don't think your idea is outclassed, just not thought of soon enough.

Old January 12th, 2011 (10:33 PM).
                      Challenge God

Good try, chaos. You're on the right track. Now think of an even BETTER challenge, but quick! Someone's about to think of it first I bet!

In other news, my challenge productivity is about to go down. School starts tomorrow. I have to get up at noon to make it to my bowling class on time. XD I love my life.

Old January 13th, 2011 (11:21 AM).
                        exile
                        • Gold Tier

Nature: Adamant

Well in other news, I've undertaken Patchisou Yutohru's Rocket-Themed Nuzlocke.
                        It's not very fun grinding Ratatas and Zubats, but I imagine it will be rewarding in the end ;D

Old January 13th, 2011 (11:55 AM).

case CLOSED.

• Crystal Tier

What the hell? Bowling class? Actually, I think we have a rock climbing class here...but still. Bowling. Do want.

Dude, are you even allowed to evolve the Zubat into Crobat? :| Or are you forever stuck with Golbat? And um Nick better be participating or I'll kill him.

challenges | klippy

Closed Thread
                        Quick Reply

Sponsored Links