• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Err when tnguye accepts, are we going to use the recolred-horn narwhal evo? Well, im hyped up as of now, because i got a snow day at school!

Yeah, but I still think Narwhal (evo) should still be somewhat brighter to match with the color of the horn (Like in the linees of Empoleon's yellow beak-crown) cause right now the palette seems really dull. ^^"

Updating a sprite I started a little bit ago.

ruxm9z.png

I'm not sure what kind of typing or whatnot it's supposed to be so I left the color alone and didn't add any other details except the headdress. Not that I think it needs more detail since it's probably small enough.

Dayum, it's so cute. xDDDD

What the hell did I just draw.

dunno_lol.png

I think he escaped from a Final Fantasy sketchbook.

Woaaah, that's one awesome sprite. Although it doesn't look like a Pokemon, it would be great for RPG Maker...lol. xD

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Well personally Wind, I prefer T100MS' sprite. :/ A lot.

I agree, wind's sprite looks to complicated, and T100MS looks pro. And wind, that pose is kinda wierd.

Tnguye, i see what you mean. Ill change it later. Do you mean blaydyte yellow?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Updating a sprite I started a little bit ago.

ruxm9z.png

I'm not sure what kind of typing or whatnot it's supposed to be so I left the color alone and didn't add any other details except the headdress. Not that I think it needs more detail since it's probably small enough.

Yay first post, ive stalked here since the start :P
Personly Scarf, as all 3 evolutions have the head dress, I think it should evolve to like
Basic: A feather or few
1st: Grows more, fits the evo.
You get the point I guess xD.

Yeah I preffer T100MS's Sprite too, Its nota huge fav, but its good. ~wind~ if you wanted, you couldve included that o.O
But T100MS Fits the "pokemon" look more.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015

Yay first post, ive stalked here since the start :P
Personly Scarf, as all 3 evolutions have the head dress, I think it should evolve to like
Basic: A feather or few
1st: Grows more, fits the evo.
You get the point I guess xD.

Yeah I preffer T100MS's Sprite too, Its nota huge fav, but its good. ~wind~ if you wanted, you couldve included that o.O
But T100MS Fits the "pokemon" look more.

Yeah, we should do that. Or we could just make the dinos bigger.

countryemo

Years
Yeah, we should do that. Or we could just make the dinos bigger.

.....Im pretty sure were gonna make the dinos bigger. So that was lil pointless, lol. It would be good if the headress grew too, but then thinking about cubone/marowak..

Also Ice, when I went through the 1st post I noticed allot of the W/O Sprite ideas say (Evolution of ______) but the evolution aint there. Either that, or their not in order.. Didnt really look for that.

Ill try a sprite soon From the 1st post

~Wind~

Detective
Years
I tried, but couldn't really get it right till now.
It's not really the sprite though.
Just a vague outline on it.
My only main problem was that it says the armour is made of ice, and that seems to be steel :/
Anyway, I decided to stop being lazy and made this platypus/duck wip thing:
ru2yba.png

countryemo

Years
My only main problem was that it says the armour is made of ice, and that seems to be steel :/
ru2yba.png

It seems pretty Icy.. A little steel, but Icy. hmmmm.

Was a idea like that approved? o.o Oh yeah.
Hmm I guess its in the size limits. But the lineArt and pose, are not the best, sorry. So itll be standing up?

If so, or if not we could make it a mix between a Platypus*duck/Grey(Type of alien, dont ask its sprite just reminds me a lil)
Type: ???/Physic
Just basic, or a 1 stage pokemon. if the basic has a evo, then the basic should be all fours :P

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years

Also Ice, when I went through the 1st post I noticed allot of the W/O Sprite ideas say (Evolution of ______) but the evolution aint there. Either that, or their not in order.. Didnt really look for that.

I take it you didn't check the "with sprites" section? Some people have only had an interest in doing one member of an evolution line, etc.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
It seems pretty Icy.. A little steel, but Icy. hmmmm.

Was a idea like that approved? o.o Oh yeah.
Hmm I guess its in the size limits. But the lineArt and pose, are not the best, sorry. So itll be standing up?

If so, or if not we could make it a mix between a Platypus*duck/Grey(Type of alien, dont ask its sprite just reminds me a lil)
Type: ???/Physic
Just basic, or a 1 stage pokemon. if the basic has a evo, then the basic should be all fours :P

Well, it's within the usual canvas size but relative to everything else it's almost twice as large than other Pokémon of a similar stature.

Wind said:

The armor mainly uses the palette from DP Regice as a placeholder than I never bothered to go back and change. I can easily go back and change it but the problem lies in getting a combination of colours that accentuate the yellow trim and stand out enough from the blue areas.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
ru2yba.png

There was a platypus concept? I thought that was just an idea that nwver had a pokemon concept attributed to it. Plus, that thing is mega huge.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
BTW there ARE humanoid ice types.

Jynx, the Humanshape Pokemon, would like to have 5 undisturbed minutes with you.

Years
ru2yba.png

I prefer seeing platypus' smaller. I do remember a post (I think Chesu's?) that it's difficult to sprite an accurate height for Pokémon, but that platypus is way too large.. I /think/ I see some shading around the neck but it's way too difficult to spot it, meaning you'll need more contrast. The lineart looks quite fuzzy but not much to worry about.

As for concept and design (so far, I know it's a WIP) it just looks like any other platypus except red. Not very Pokémon-like.

Years
Name: Potripus
Class: Octopus Pokemon
Type: Water
PokeDex: Potripus secrete an adhesive substance to anchor themselves inside
of pottery, allowing them to both ambush prey and hide from predators.

Description: A small octopus hiding in a takotsubo (Japanese octopus-catching pot) with a
few arms protruding from the pot's mouth, and an eye looking out through a cracked hole.
Concept/Sprite: Chesu/
I took a stab at this one. Not set on this palette. Or the number of arms, but I didn't want to crowd the sprite.
av4t45.png

Ragnia

Hello
Years
If I may, I have a suggestion for the name of the narwhal(evo) pokemon.
Warnal. Get it? Because it's a narwhal of war.

tnguye3

Years
I took a stab at this one. Not set on this palette. Or the number of arms, but I didn't want to crowd the sprite.
av4t45.png

That's a really good design!
Me likes. <3
So far I like the palette, very bright and graceful. ^^
I also think you could lighten the lineart at the highlighted part of the pottery.

Tnguye, i see what you mean. Ill change it later. Do you mean blaydyte yellow?

Well, I wasn't really refering to the nose thing, I was saying that Narwhal should be brighter overall to fit with the color of the nose. ^^
However you can change the color of the beak thing (gosh I really dunno what it's called) to match it with the palette you're using. ^.^

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
Years
I was gonna make the platypus normal/water.
I mean, Psyduck is just a yellow duck with two lines of hair.
But, as you can tell, i'm not good at spriting.
Oh well, if anyone wants to help, it's much appreciated

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Shouldn't a platypus be part poison?

As for design, Platypus are one of only a handful of egg-laying mammals, so maybe you
could incorporate that somehow. Maybe make it starter-sized, with a cracked eggshell cap?

Last edited:

tnguye3

Years
Maybe give the platypus a slight purple tint with more intimidating eyes and maybe something that sets this Pokemon out of the rest, like a unique tail with some patterns on it showing that it's poison.
Perhaps also some kinda of pattern on the belly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back