• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Cry Pointer Repointer

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I was bored a while ago, and irritated of the pain of my hex editor when repointing cries, so I decided to make a 'pointer repointer' for cries. This is made with .NET and C#. This is also my first ROM hacking tool I've made so far.

Features
  • Easy to use GUI
  • Uses .NET
  • Compatable between versions
  • No more hex editing!

Read Me

README
---------------
Cry Pointer Repointer version 1.0.0
Made by Shiny Quagsire
---------------
Desription:
This is pretty much a program to repoint cries without a hex editor.
My main reason for making this is I was fed up with encoding, reversing,
and inserting over and over and over again. With this program, simply insert the ID,
get the pointer, and repoint!

System Requirments:
.Net Runtime 2.0 or higher
A computer (Duh!)

Credits:
Me: For being a genius and figuring this out

Notes:
The pokedex follows until about 251, and goes to hoenn at 274.
(Beats me why :\ )

Media
i1cfb7.jpg

Downloads
Version 1.0.0 Original Release

Feel free to post ways I can improve on the GUI or general program. :)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
The title is strange.
Cry Pointer Repointer sounds a little awkward (try Cry Repointer), and the acronym would be CPR, not CRP. (But I see your point if that was intentional)

Anyways, this program should be pretty useful for anybody who's making a hack with a ton of Fakemon. That would get annoying (it sure was annoying the only time I tried to do it!) and should help a lot.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
The title is strange.
Cry Pointer Repointer sounds a little awkward (try Cry Repointer), and the acronym would be CPR, not CRP. (But I see your point if that was intentional)

Anyways, this program should be pretty useful for anybody who's making a hack with a ton of Fakemon. That would get annoying (it sure was annoying the only time I tried to do it!) and should help a lot.

Just realized that. XD Could a moderator fix the title please? Just make it Cry Pointer Repointer.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Lol name Cry Pointer Repointer :D
I'm sure this tool will encourage many hackers to change their DP Pokemon and Fakemon's cries.
I think I'll try too.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
How do you re-point a cry?

I haven't inserted a cry so I tried to re-point zapdos's cry to pokemon 252 and when I encountered 252 in-game it just made unown's cry as usual, rather than zapdos like I wanted it to. I did test to see that the re-point stayed, and it did, so I don't understand what's happening.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
How do you re-point a cry?

I haven't inserted a cry so I tried to re-point zapdos's cry to pokemon 252 and when I encountered 252 in-game it just made unown's cry as usual, rather than zapdos like I wanted it to. I did test to see that the re-point stayed, and it did, so I don't understand what's happening.

Uh, I'm having difficulty understanding what you mean. If your trying to repoint the ?????????? pokemon, you can't. Plus this tool is outdated by my newer tool, A-Cry.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Uh, I'm having difficulty understanding what you mean. If your trying to repoint the ?????????? pokemon, you can't. Plus this tool is outdated by my newer tool, A-Cry.

A-Cry doesn't work, it says I need some .NET framework thing to run it I don't have a clue what that is.

I was trying to re-point a ????????? pokemon but now I've changed that to replacing it with a currently existing pokemon and it still won't work. I'm just trying to get an existing pokemon's cry (not a ?????????? pokemon) changed to that of zapdos. You probably don't understand what I'm meaning because I'm just taking shots in the dark as to what I have to do to achieve it, I honestly don't really know what I have to do.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
A-Cry doesn't work, it says I need some .NET framework thing to run it I don't have a clue what that is.
That's a microsoft program that can be used to help you run certain kinds of programs, you can easily update it through a system update. I actually use Pokecry even though its primitive interface is a real turnoff for a lot of hackers

Anyhow, nice going, Quagsire. I hate repointing things via hex so this saves me a lot of time. (although my current hack doesn't have any cries lol)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
It's okay, it's working now for some reason. I don't really know what to do. I've asked around, the only person who answered on the simple questions thread said that in order to give another pokemon zapdos's cry I had to repoint it? Can anybody help in getting it to work? I'm even more confused with A-cry. I only need to use it for this one thing and that's all.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
It's okay, it's working now for some reason. I don't really know what to do. I've asked around, the only person who answered on the simple questions thread said that in order to give another pokemon zapdos's cry I had to repoint it? Can anybody help in getting it to work? I'm even more confused with A-cry. I only need to use it for this one thing and that's all.

Alright, first go into Pokecry, fill in the table information and pokedex number, and hit samples. Next copy the samples box and type that in the cry pointer repointer repoint box at the right pokemon. Then repoint, and your done. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Thanks, but when I put in table info and dex number and hit samples, I get Error: File not found. It seems pokecry doesn't recognise my Fire Red. I tried an unedited version of Fire Red to see if my ROM was bad, but pokecry won't recognise any pokemon ROM, not even fresh ones that haven't had anything done to them.

I'm sorry for asking in your thread. I was told to use Cry Pointer Repointer. Now I don't know why pokecry won't work at all. I'll go ask around again.

D3StR0Y4mike

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
I have no idea how to use this...
I repoint it, and everything seems fine, but when I go to switch pokemon in battle, the game freezes. Can you make a tutorial?

Back