• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Custom BW Tileset

Rate the tileset

• Total voters

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I wanted to finally contribute something meaningful to the community so here is my own custom Pokemon BW Tileset. I originally designed it for use in my gamePokemon Adventure however, I am no longer going to use it in my game as I'm changing the format slightly so they are not needed.

As you can see, it contains the basic tiles of a Pokemon tileset in the standard 16x16 pixel size. You might need to adjust it to make it usable in RMXP, I don't really know as I use Game Maker.

For anyone who is curious, I made the tileset by playing the games and basing the tiles on screen shots I took.

CustomBWTileset.png

CustomBWTileset2.png

These tiles are available for community use but CREDIT IS REQUIRED.

Here is an example of a town I made using these tiles & some others:

SS2.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Very nice tileset. It definitely looks like B&W in it's style. Nice work on this, I don't really know why you don't want to use it anymore. :P

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Updated with a few more tiles I forgot to upload the first time. The houses aren't very black&white but I thought I'd throw them in as well if anyone is interested in using them.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Dude,please be my tileset artist.those just look awesome ^_^
I have spriters,and I'm the only eventer,but dude...That is just original to the point of greatness.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Ha :P Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, I am working on my own project, Pokemon Adventure, so I am pretty busy with that. However, feel free to use these tiles (so long as you credit me ofcourse lol) and if you do want to request me to make some specific tiles, then I can try and make some but, most of my time is being spent on my own project.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I didn't actually make the signs/lamposts in the screenshots, they are other peoples' that I just outlined so it wouldn't be right for me to release them. However, I found that if give standard HGSS objects a black outline, they should fit right in with my tiles.

jackbirkby

0560 - 3986 - 8568
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
Dude, I love these. Even if they don't look 100% black and white, they are awesome beyond belief :D Is there any chance of getting the whole pokemon center/pokemart sprites?

Also, on a kind of related note, can I make these into a minecraft texture pack? It probably won't go public, I'd just like to create one for me and my friends on a smp server, as we're trying to recreate Isshu :P

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Dude, I love these. Even if they don't look 100% black and white, they are awesome beyond belief :D Is there any chance of getting the whole pokemon center/pokemart sprites?

Also, on a kind of related note, can I make these into a minecraft texture pack? It probably won't go public, I'd just like to create one for me and my friends on a smp server, as we're trying to recreate Isshu :P

By pokecenter/pokemart sprites do you mean the ones in the example screenshot? If so, I can upload them if you want to use them but they aren't very blackandwhite lol.

You would be more than welcome to make them into a texture pack, just so long as credit is given is it were to go public ofcourse lol.

Back