• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I noticed a suggestion list mentioned SnapDragons, and I know we arn't supposed to submit new Ideas atm but...

iaza19739449181900.gif

a clever take on a snapdragon design puns on snap, dragon, plants, and the flower.

Don't forget to name it and all that.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
I will when this time!

iaza19739485941800.gif

backsprite

both frame 1's are done, just icons and frame 2's left to do, and mabye OW's.

Snapgon/Snaplegon

Snapdragon Pokemon

Grass/Dragon

SD often hide in overgrown medows, alluring prey with Sweet Scent, it then snaps down on it's prey with it's powerful fangs, if the prey fights SD will strike the foe with thorns hidden in it's petals, any fleeing prey are captured with vines. The bark on it's mid-section is divided into scales, each capable of standing on edge, acting like a thorny armor.

Abilities-Solar Power/Own Tempo, DW-Iron Thorns

Attacks
Biting attacks, needle/pin/thorn attacks, claw attacks, beam/pulse attacks, and many grass-status attacks.

Metalflygon's sprites could use a highlight or two, but that's not a problem. I'm putting my vote on Metalflygon's Octopot, although I do love the colours in Scarf's.

whilest I'm not against highlights, IMO some pokemon don't need them, both Octos when I sprited them, were sprited to be dull, octopi arn't known for having a sleek reflective outer-coating, so I avoid that, Pokemon like Dragonite, who have scales that relfect light give a shade of highlight, but don't look bad without it. IMO, the lightsource in pokemon isn't so powerful that every pokemon get's a highlight, Azumarril and Octllary were what I looked at whe deciding how to shade, both have similar complexions as the Octorocks, and most of the Octo-capture-pot's I saw on google were not that siny either, made out of clay and mud, not very good at shining, so to speak.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
i no im no good at spriting... but can i credit someones artwork and convert it into a sprite?? For example my classmate did a drawing and i sprited it... I WILL NOT STEAL but only convert it into a sprite... full credit will be given to the "creator" ..... so... u see... can i do tht... i mean... can i get the permission? :(

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=82781 --> Source.
Sprite
da-2.png

yes i no its c**p.. but i tried... :( Plz make it better..

Last edited:
Years
For now, I'm just tending to posts which have sprites that I'm accepting. Everything else won't be responded to, I'm afraid.
picture.php

Name: Rootle
Class: Root Pokemon
Type: Grass
PokeDex: Rootle shuffle through the loose top soil in search of clean water.
They are often mistaken for bamboo shoots, giving Bambear that try to pick them a scare.

Description: A small carrot.
Concept/Sprite: Chesu & tnguye3/tnguye3

x4ptab.png

Name: Carotoss
Class: Root Pokemon
Type: Grass
PokeDex: Carotoss anchors itself in place with its three spurs, giving it the leverage to lift much heavier
objects than it could otherwise. It has been known to lift and throw things over four times its own weight.

Description: A bulbous, menacing carrot with tentacle-like vines. (evolution of Rootle)
Concept/Sprite: Chesu & tnguye3/tnguye3 & Scarf

picture.php

Name: Traproot
Class: Poison Leaf Pokemon
Type: Grass/Poison
PokeDex: It enchants unsuspecting creatures with a sickly sweet fragrance. It is
said that if you see the eye spots on Traproot's serpentine vines, it's already too late.

Description: A carrot with a large amount of dangerous-looking greenery. (evolution of Carotoss)
Concept/Sprite: Chesu & tnguye3/tnguye3
:D Done!

Last edited:
Years
i no im no good at spriting... but can i credit someones artwork and convert it into a sprite?? For example my classmate did a drawing and i sprited it... I WILL NOT STEAL but only convert it into a sprite... full credit will be given to the "creator" ..... so... u see... can i do tht... i mean... can i get the permission? :(

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=82781 --> Source.
Sprite
da-2.png

yes i no its c**p.. but i tried... :( Plz make it better..

I'm afraid we can't accept that sprite unless the concept artist wants to put his Fakemon idea and design into our community dex. Otherwise that sprite is not accepted since the idea belongs to someone else's 'fakedex' and not our communitydex. I don't know if I explained it correctly.. lol.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Oh wow, I somehow hadn't seen Scarf's new sprites! :D

Also, anything made from the "basic ideas for Pokemon" list doesn't need to show me as co-creator, since I didn't actually come up with the concept for the Pokemon the spriter made, just a suggestion of what one could be based on. Snapgon is a great example; all I did was suggest using a snapdragon. I don't want to take credit for something I did absolutely no work on. ;)

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
iaza19739428735700.gif

shiny form up and fully operational captain!

Next on Agenda, Pistol Shrimp, t's going to be a 2-stage evolution, water->water/fire, expect beta sprite up tonight for critique.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I don't think you need to worry about shiny forms or backsprites... Not until we have enough ideas to start finalizing them, anyway.

What's the rationale for making the evolution water/fire? I'm not criticizing, just curious.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
the bubbles Pistol Shrimp shoot momentarily hit the temperature of the sun, that's the part I plan to run with in the design, as well as a lone-ranger style Shrimp.

Shrimp's 1st stage

iaza19739414841600.gif

Shreso (Peso/pedro and shrimp)

Water

Abilities-Technician/Sniper, DW-Adaptability

Preso shoot high powered bubbles with excellent accuracy, usually found living in coral communities. It chooses not to live with others of it's species, and instead protects it's home from Pokemon that would do it harm. Whith 2 claws capable of shooting bubbles, the right claw is more powerful, but less accurate, the left claw has a sight, but trades power for accuracy.

The Bandana is actually part of it's 1st segment, in evolution, it will become a poncho, and the evolution will be based on Poncho Vila!

Evolves into

iaza19739418513900.gif

Shriperado

Water/Fire

Abilities-Flash Fire/Sniper, DW-Adaptability

These ruthless pokemon shoot super-heated bubbles at weak or wounded pokemon for their own amusement, usually never with their own kind, they will occasionally team up with Gouybe's to attack coral communities. It adjusts the power of it's shots by widening it's pinsers before firering. It can also hold it's shot in to cause a massive explosion. The only pokemon brave enough to face this pokemon is Shreso.

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
We're not really doing a claiming thing, at least not at the moment... You can make them if you want, but you might want to do it fairly quickly if possible.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I just wanted to say the
and
are switched with Potripus and Kroctopus. ^^

<- this is left
-> this is right
:P

This is for the first page, BTW.​

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Name: Permask
Name Origin: Perish and Mask
Type/s: Water
Pokedex: It lives in cold seas. It often emits sound waves
in the water,they sound like it's screaming from pain.
Ablility/ies: Soundproof
Description: A boomerang-like thing with a sad face,with dull,black eyes. It's blue,the ends of the "boomerang" are dark green.
Concept: xoax

I made one for that.

2utns6h.png

Years
I tried my hand at Permask; I haven't sprited in over a year, so it might not be perfect.
permask.png

I added a tail because I thought it looked a bit plain without it. I also coloured it half blue-half green so it looks even more like a theatre mask.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I tried my hand at Permask; I haven't sprited in over a year, so it might not be perfect.
permask.png

I added a tail because I thought it looked a bit plain without it. I also coloured it half blue-half green so it looks even more like a theatre mask.

Look's great, better than mine atleast. It should be flipped to face the other side. And the left corner (right for it) is wierd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back