• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
Years
I usually play as a girl because I find them more fun to play with though I do occasionally play as a male and have little problems doing so. For PC I've gotten in the habit of playing girls because there are far more people playing as boys so I try to even it out a little.

Though RDCP's roleplay ended up with only girls xD

Years
Anyone knows an estimated time for a RP to be validated? I submitted mine yesterday. I'm thinking it'll be a few days? Will I receive some sort of notification if the RP is validated or not? O.o

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years
Anyone knows an estimated time for a RP to be validated? I submitted mine yesterday. I'm thinking it'll be a few days? Will I receive some sort of notification if the RP is validated or not? O.o

It honestly depends on how active the mod is. The new mod seems to be quite active, so it shouldn't be more than a few days at most.

You don't receive a notification to say that the RP has been accepted unfortunately, although that would be a useful addition. You just have to keep an eye out to see when it appears. I tend to 'subscribe' to my RP's when I post them, so that if someone does post in it when it's accepted, I receive a notification that way.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Have to agree. Males and females sometimes have different attitudes and behaviours. Even if males and females aren't too different, especially nowadays in Western society, there are certain subtle differences.

Well, I've only submitted one. It took only a couple of days and there was no notification. Just have to keep checking back, really.

Years
It honestly depends on how active the mod is. The new mod seems to be quite active, so it shouldn't be more than a few days at most.

You don't receive a notification to say that the RP has been accepted unfortunately, although that would be a useful addition. You just have to keep an eye out to see when it appears. I tend to 'subscribe' to my RP's when I post them, so that if someone does post in it when it's accepted, I receive a notification that way.

Well, I've only submitted one. It took only a couple of days and there was no notification. Just have to keep checking back, really.
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I too do subscribe with the setting too. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm just a little curious about something. Who here tends to play a character that is the same sex as themselves? For girls, does it bother you to play a male character or are you okay with it, and for boys, does it bother you to play as a female or are you okay with it?

I find myself, personally not really taking sex into consideration that much, and that during development of the character, it doesn't bother me if he turns out to be a male, or if she ends up being female, and if I end up playing as a male or female. I assume this is probably the case for most people here, but there might be some with a preference?
I have no preference, actually. I find it equally easy/difficult to play as a girl as it is to play as a boy. It depends more on the personality you give the character than on the gender, I think.

I usually play as a girl because I find them more fun to play with though I do occasionally play as a male and have little problems doing so. For PC I've gotten in the habit of playing girls because there are far more people playing as boys so I try to even it out a little.

Though RDCP's roleplay ended up with only girls xD

Yeah, I loved it xD unusual. Though, I think Ash_Ketchum's character is a boy? Oh, I have to go accept him *tiptoes away*

Years
I'm so very worried and anxious. :S I'm all jittery and nervous. It's already the 3rd day since I submitted my RP and I've a feeling it was rejected. >.< I hope it's just my imagination, but what I see gives evidence that my RP was killed before it had its first breath. :( I saw on Michaela's VM page and Michaela was talking to someone and a line in the conversation caught my attention. It said, "There are already quite a few Mystery Dungeon RPs already out there." Oh dear, this is a bad omen. D:

Doctor Who

Years
Just a little bit of advertising don't mind me xD

My roleplay Johto's New League has six open spots due to inactivity, please check out the OOC thread and post your sign-ups there if interested (:

--

Diamond I'm sure it's fine, I don't think any new roleplays have been accepted the past few days and as long as your Mystery Dungeon roleplay has a solid plot there's no reason for it to be rejected (:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Diamond, if your RP was rejected, Michaela would have told you. She's probably busy. (though, I've noticed it might help poking her with a VM... jk don't do that xD I get the feeling she thinks that's annoying.)

Also, Doctor, I've asked for you to reserve me a spot ;)

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Eh...I've got another idea..but I'm stumped.

It's called [Marked]. It's basically about 10 teens who've been marked by these eternal, divine beings known as the Saviour (neither have a gender, but each can be masculine and feminine I guess), and the Pure, last of their kind. They worked together to defeat the great evil known as Calamity. They won, and so they sealed up Calamity for trillions of years. They've watched worlds go by, saddened by the foolishness of each one, but didn't interfere, even when they all died out. They've seen countless destructions and creations of worlds. The one we know now is #11019.

But they've started to notice something: Calamity is back. Oh crap. Saviour and Pure aren't in the best shape, so they've done something they'd rather had not done: seek help. Even though they don't want help, they've noticied humans and Pokemon are an interesting creation, genetic flukes, and the sheer fact they're still alive with all their flaws and stuff is amazing.

Now each Mark has it's own ability, and their users have 3 abilities as well. hey all grow over time.

Now I want to implement an idea into this, like say if you have a fully evolved Pokemon, and one of the Marks makes that Pokemon into an Exceed, which means it's something that's exceeded it's own limits. Like say Rhyperior was the subject, it would have drills in it's hand-holes, it's tail is a drill, it can dig into the center of the Earth, and it's power is amazing.

So, what do you think?

That sounds somewhat like the idea you told me not to do, HMMM? Especially the identical title haha. you can have it tho. now that im in an RP. Not accusing you of stealing btw. cuz it's just similar. not stolen.

Years
Diamond, if your RP was rejected, Michaela would have told you. She's probably busy. (though, I've noticed it might help poking her with a VM... jk don't do that xD I get the feeling she thinks that's annoying.)

Also, Doctor, I've asked for you to reserve me a spot ;)
Ok, but I did VM her yesterday. I told her if mine was rejected, she need not have to tell me. And so far, I haven't received a reply.....so I think mine was rejected. :(

I'm not sure if anyone would call my RP a solid plot. Basically there are 2 types of explorers. Each type have their own ultimate goal, save the world from the chaos brought from the battle between the Weather Duo, Kyogre and Groudon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well, I just spotted your PMD RP up so... :p it's not rejected.

I read the plot and it's absolutely more solid than most PMD RPs here!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
There are really a lot of RPs up now. The whole first page of topics have been posted in at least the 7th February. I daresay 2011 is the year when the Roleplay Corner lives up and turns into Roleplay Plaza! It's not really a little corner~

Doctor Who

Years
Told you it would be fine, did I not? ;) don't worry we've all had our "OMG it's going to be rejected D:" moments, especially when the roleplays still took +1 week to get accepted xD

EDIT: Diamond, RHCP is right yours definitely has a solid plot, especially compared to some other roleplays out there. Plus it has a nice layout, something that's also been something not all roleplays have these days, so I think there was definitely no way it would have been rejected anyway (:

And RHCP, you're definitely right about the amount of roleplays, I do hope that the Corner gets its defibrillation shock and turns into a blooming plaza once more.

Years
Hey guys, I'm kind of lost about the structure of the Corner here. Could anyone kind of explain exactly where the line between IC and OOC is? o-o'

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
IC means In Character. OOC means Out Of Character. When you are posting normally in your RPs main thread (the IC one), you post as if you are telling a story. Either in first person or in third person; most people do the latter.

You may often add ((OOC: I want to say something out of character. )) or something like that to show that you simply want to say something in the name of Fisk and not in the name of your RP character. Meaning, you want to communicate with the other posters just a little, instead of RPing for a moment.

The OOC threads are meant for this, so that the players in a RP can discuss things without cluttering the main thread with lots of parenthesis or even all-OOC-posts, which I think often are not allowed.

Any clearer or simply confusing? ^^

Years
IC means In Character. OOC means Out Of Character. When you are posting normally in your RPs main thread (the IC one), you post as if you are telling a story. Either in first person or in third person; most people do the latter.

You may often add ((OOC: I want to say something out of character. )) or something like that to show that you simply want to say something in the name of Fisk and not in the name of your RP character. Meaning, you want to communicate with the other posters just a little, instead of RPing for a moment.

The OOC threads are meant for this, so that the players in a RP can discuss things without cluttering the main thread with lots of parenthesis or even all-OOC-posts, which I think often are not allowed.

Any clearer or simply confusing? ^^

Oh no, this wasn't my problem (Though it did clear up the whole OOC thing in the IC chat that I was finding), but I simply can't tell which part of the thread to find SU's and where all of the IC posts go. As far as I can tell, it's kind of cluttered.

Doctor Who

Years
The IC posts go into Pokemon Roleplay or Other roleplay, whichever you want to be playing. As for the sign-ups, it entirely depends. Some new roleplays will state if they want it in the OOC, if they don't state it when you should post your SU in the IC thread.
If a roleplay has already started and the GM doesn't state that SU's are closed than you should ask if they're open in the OOC thread.

The IC posts go into Pokemon Roleplay or Other roleplay, whichever you want to be playing. As for the sign-ups, it entirely depends. Some new roleplays will state if they want it in the OOC, if they don't state it when you should post your SU in the IC thread.
If a roleplay has already started and the GM doesn't state that SU's are closed than you should ask if they're open in the OOC thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back