• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Begin, Again (OOC)

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Akihiko Shigeru

KEY ITEMS & MISC:
Extra shirts
Extra pants
A really portable tent
Flashlight
A box of safety matches
Canned food (x10)

INVENTORY:
Pokéball (x1)
Silk Scarf (Equipped to Kai)

MONEY:
$3000

PC:
None

Last edited:

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
Years
Oops, Astrid's link up there leads to Marina's SU, actually.

Sorry for taking so long to post! Hope it was decent. :) I expect to be much prompter on Chapter 2.

INVENTORY
Money: $3000

PC: None.

Key Items and Misc.
Clothing
Sleeping Bag
Extra blanket
Rope
Matches
Small pot
Trail mix, nanab bread, candy bars, a canteen, four packets of ramen, and six packets of powdered fruit punch mix.
Volume 6 of the epic fantasy series "Arcanine Rampant"
Expanded Guide to the Flora of Kanto
Tablet PC (Not compatible with PC item or pokemon storage, only internet-style usage)

BAG
Poke Balls x5

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Why have I linked the wrong posts? xD *slaps self*

Sure... the inventories are your idea, you should keep track of them yourselves. I have nothing to do with those :p I didn't even mean to implement money in the RP, since that complicates things. Maybe we could set a standard sum for money trainers give you upon defeat though... but that would mean I'd have to track up what things in the Pokémart cost and all... eh.

If someone comes up with an easy enough way of implementing money, please do tell me. In the meantime, I'll just keep track of your pokémon and their levels and attacks, as well as your badges.

And yes, you can do whatever you want with your own posts here, I'm not a moderator ;)

And thanks for telling me, Tonko.

I'll write up the next chapter tonight!

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
@ Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Hey dude, I've read all the posts on your RP and I like your ideas, plus you seem to have a few quite good writers willing to put the time in.

I used to do a lot of RP'ing back in the day but am looking to dust off the old skills!

If you needed to become an extra character that mvillian or friend, or just generally anything interesting that you need, I'de love to join, let me know if you're interested ^^

If you want to see an example of my writing, let me know and I'll sort something out for you!

BB

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'll remember that, Baker's Bulbasaur :) Thanks.

Also, I've figured out how to go about the money thing~ I'll decide how much money you will receive here and there (but you should keep track of it in your own inventory post ^^' ) and you are free to spend it in Pokémarts or other such things. If you guys are alright with that?

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
Years
Oh, the money... I hope I can keep track, now! I had copy-pasted someone else's inventory list and left the money in as the default amount. I hope it doesn't become tedious for you!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
xD Actually, I'll just skip handling money. It's all up to you how you want to do with that ^^" It became a bit weird... I'm already deciding (RULING) so many things in this RP, so I think it would just be annoying if I was trying to rule your money as well. Sort of.

I love your posts, guys.

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
Years
I'm having a good time :D and yeah, Jayesh is totally supposed to have a little crush on Astrid. As he got off on the wrong foot because he intruded on the Sacred Library Time, she remains oblivious.

Oh, I do have a question. Say we want to trade a pokemon. I'm sure you'll place opportunities for this along the way for some special/rare/normally hard to get pokemon, but would it be okay to do that on our own for any previously seen pokemon? Like, if I caught a Pidgey on this route, then like eight chapters later I decide I super-hardcore-totally must have a Sentret, could I just stick that in on my own?

I don't have anything in mind right now, by the way, I'm just wondering :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
You are allowed to make trades between you and other players in the chapters where I state that you are allowed to meet other players :) So if somebody else who has a Sentret wants to trade it for your Pidgey, you may!

I've got to give you some kind of challenge here ;p it's not a completely free RP! You make your choices.

Only, on this route, you are pretty much allowed to make as many posts as you want, if you want to battle made-up trainers or explore the farmland or find another wild pokémon to catch. Note that trainers you make up can only have pokémon who are previously catchable by you.

And, some pokémon will probably appear in several routes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
@ Beechlgz - Um, maybe I didn't specify this clearly enough. With starters, I meant of course the same starters as you got to choose from, as they are the only ones professor Cedar gives out. I'm planning for this RP to eventually span regions (big dreams, muwahaha) so the other starters will be saved for later regions...
Maybe it doesn't matter that much, and I hope I'm not sounding demanding or cranky, but would you be ok with changing Chembers into a Charmander or a Tepig? Please post in the OOC thread when you have done so ^^ (or post your refusal there...)

Still...

Tulip (Bulbasaur) grew to level 6!

Yeah it wasn't specified at all so I thought you meant a starter pokemon as in any pokemon that can be considered as a starter as long as it's not your own or something someone else picked for their rival's starter.

Well... I feel that editing it is going to be really awkward because it's not as simple as replacing "chimchar" with "charmander" there's the actions and personality traits also. But I'll see what I can do. I'll post back when it's edited out.

Fixed, it's a charmander now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm sorry for not being clear and I hope it's not too tedious for you. Thank you.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
They will level up whenever they participate in a battle. Otherwise, you would never want to lose, or your pokémon would grow realllly slow. You will level up more when winning a Gym Leader battle, or rival battle later on.

Because, if you look past the mechanics of the games and think for a while... if a pokémon fights for a while, don't you think that gives some experience, even though it loses at the end?

Years
I'm going for the Farmer and Rival. I think Silk Scarf isn't that much needed so one would suffice. I'd like to catch a Starly, Shinx and maybe a Mareep. I didn't quite understand but just to make sure, our rival has a starter right? Or do they have something else?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Your rival has been given one of the stated starters from professor Cedar as well, only not a shiny one :)

And you are free to catch as many pokémon as you want; some trainers have as their goal not to conquer all the gyms, but to catch all the pokémon! Maybe I should have stated this in the opening post... When your seventh pokémon is caught it will be sent to Cedar's lab. Like in the anime.

Just remember, one post per pokémon captured.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
1 post per event. But if you want to catch the pokémon you chase away from the farmer, you may do so in that event-post.

And I guess, if you want to catch a pokémon of your choice in the same post as you meet your rival, either before or after, it's fine. As long as you don't write about the farmer and the rival in the same post.

Maybe that was a too strict rule. I notice that the above and the rival's pokémon rules are hard to follow. For plot reasons, I want your rival to be from Cedar's Laboratory just like you and have one of the same starters you got to choose from, just not shiny.

But I guess there is no real point in not letting you do several events in the same post. So you may. As long as you still do the required minimum number of posts for that chapter.

Last edited:
Years
Oh ok. I can't believe I forgot all about the fact that the rival had to be from Cedar's Lab too. Anyways, I've decided to write a new post. I don't want my rival to be named Seophilus after all. And the rival event was done in a rush as my parents were nagging at me to leave the computer for dinner. -.-|||
Is it alright if I edit the post instead of posting again? Or maybe I shouldn't, since you'll have to edit it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh ok. I can't believe I forgot all about the fact that the rival had to be from Cedar's Lab too. Anyways, I've decided to write a new post. I don't want my rival to be named Seophilus after all. And the rival event was done in a rush as my parents were nagging at me to leave the computer for dinner. -.-|||
Is it alright if I edit the post instead of posting again? Or maybe I shouldn't, since you'll have to edit it.

Post another rival battle :) And if you are in a hurry, don't post at all. Simply wait until you have got time. This RP can't really run away from you.

Back