• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Hack name: Pokemon Azure Waters(working title, will more then likely change).

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: This hack takes place in Kanto, but solely in the Sevii Islands(and maybe 3 Kanto cities later on).

Finished percentage: 5%

Your hacking skills: Mapping & basic Scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Advance Scripting

Additional contact information:

Additional information: I can do basic messages from people & signs, give items/Pokemon, and applymovements(kind of). I need someone who can help with more complex scripts: level scripts, move cameras, special stuff, etc. I won't be needing help all the time because I like to figure stuff out by myself, but there's no doubt I'll need someone more experienced occasionally xD

Edit: My hack has come to a standstill because I can't script two certain things, and my OCD won't let me move onto something else for the moment. I really need help from someone who can do some of the more complex scripts with XSE, and of course credit will most definitely be given.

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Hack name: Pokemon Dream Version

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Story is being developed at this time, and my progress will speed up once I get the help that I need.

Finished percentage: 8%

My hacking skills: mapping, titlescreen inserting, basic scripting

Needed Skill: Someone to create some custom overworlds for my hack! Good quality overworlds! Nobody likes low quality ones!

Additional contact information: PM me, and I will respond as soon as I get the message so that you can help!

Additional information: Of course, credit will be give to those who help! Please give me a hand at this task! :)

Last edited:

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
Years
Pokemon Emerald, with Epic New Music

Hack name: Pokemon Epicala Emerald

Hack of: Emerald

Additional information about the hack: This is a remake of Pokemon Emerald with an entirely new set of music by PokeRemixStudio of YouTube.

Finished percentage: 20% (There isn't a lot of work to be done)

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Design

What help or skill you're looking for: Insertion of Music

Additional contact information: [email protected], Pokecommunity PM, Razorshadow73 on YouTube PM

Additional information: I have permission from PokeRemixStudio to use his remixes. Also, I'll need a lot of Music Insertion. I will supply the remixes (in MP3), the sprites (in PNG), and send files with instructions on what text edits need to be done, where, and what they will say.

Last edited:

Tenn Tenki

Awesome Dude
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Azure

Hack of: Firered

Additional information about the hack: This is a remake of Pokemon Emerald with an

Finished percentage: 5%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, scriting (sort of), overworld spriting

What help or skill you're looking for: Battle sprite, map connections, tittle screen,

bigboi

Hacker of the 3rd Generation
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Illusion

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: The protagonist and other people are trying to escape to a new region where they will be free from the prisons of Team Rocket

Finished percentage: 1-2 (Finished some maps) %

Your hacking skills: Can make maps, items, basic scripts

What help or skill you're looking for: Excellent Scripter (Because I can't script for beans)

Additional contact information: PM or e-mail: [email protected]

Additional information: N/A

Last edited:

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Hack Name: pokemon forbidden version
hack of pokemon fire red
10% complet
my hacking skills are inserting music mapping inserting pokemon and crys
i need at leasts 2-5 scripters badly! i do have a thred for this team on this site if you want more info about this game i have scrips made (what i mean by that is i know what i want them to say/do i just can't do it)

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
Years
Hack name: Pokemon FireRed Special Peridot Edition

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Unlike Emerald Special Peridot, this is not a full remake. It is FireRed, but the concept of time passing is implemented both into the gameplay, and the story. PLUS, the whole Pallet Town thing is redone to be more interesting. And small new events are in, like a Time Machine event that allows the capture of a special Shiny Bulbasaur devamp. It has a new ability called Invisibility.

Finished percentage: 10%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Design

What help or skill you're looking for: Sprite Insertion, Music Insertion

Additional contact information: [email protected], Pokecommunity PM, Razorshadow73 on YouTube PM

Additional information: Three small hints: The Bulbasuar is not automatically invisible because you recieve special goggles with multiple modes, including Anti-Invisi. And, when a Gym Leader is defeated, you may have them join you on your quest! You may only have one at a time, and if you do not accept their request to join, they give you a special Pokemon fossil. Every time you recieve the special Pokemon, a Team Rocket member outside will try to buy it off you (and to make it seem more legitimate, he offers Max Potions for the unfair price of $10,000). Lastly, I'm changing god-damn Euros to Australian Dollars. Seriously, I'm sick of Euros, and I'll even exactly convert PokeMart prices!

Additional Information 2: So yah, if you want to contribute, awesome. Although I don't NEED it, a backup scripter would be good too.

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Rainy Days

Additional information about the hack:
Storyline is already Done. Based on the son of ash in a new region going on an advernture.

Finished percentage:
All but one map on the first island. basic scripting is done.

My hacking skills:
Mapping, Basic Scripting, Tile inserting, Banner Making.

What help or skill you're looking for:
Scripting/Spriting

PM/VM me and ill give you my e-mail.

Additional information:
I really need help scripting. I've tried and failed trying to learn and i need an experienced scripters help.

Last edited:

pokemonmastertriplex

the ultamite pokemon master
Years
Hack name:pokemon sapphire legends awaken

Hack of:pokemon sapphire

Additional information about the hack:A hack with all isshu pokemn

Finished percentage:2or3%

Your hacking skills:Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for:Im looking for someone who can insert the isshu pokemon sprites in the game for me.

Additional contact information:By personal message

zapht

The Family Ghost
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Academy

Hack of: Doesn't Matter, whatever would work

my idea to mix up the game would be to create some manner of pokemon academy. the main principle of the game would be to graduate from one level of the academy and ascend to the next by completing tasks in your classes and then eventually battling the teacher or some other sort of boss (replacing gym leaders)

2 ideas i had on how to create wild areas for catching pokemon/battling trainers would be either for the academy to have training sections spanning from grasslands, caves, etc for you to train in, as well as having you complete assignments outside of the academy in towns around the region. The region could be an already existing region, or a newly created one. if it were to be already exhisting my personal preference would be Johto (for nostalgic reasons) but whatever would work easiest is fine with me
it would be ideal to incorporate both of these.
you could have perhaps a training hall on the campus which leads to caves, rooms, etc with different landscape inside of them.

your rival would obviously be a neighbor who is also attending the same academy in your class.

these are just starting ideas, clearly the game isn't ENTIRELY thought out yet.
any input/suggestions/criticism are welcome and appreciated.

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: none

What help or skill you're looking for: all pretty much

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information:

as mentioned i have no experience with hacking, i dont know how it works really. i would need a hack team to assist me with all aspects of this project. i would need some mentoring in whatever my job would be, but im willing to help wherever possible.
on the flipside if you don't want to deal with a hack noob like myself, you can take full control of the project, as long as i am somehow still associated with it. just as like a "concept supervisor" or something similar that at least lets me have some say in the development of the project.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2012
Hack name: Pokemon Life/Pokemon Ranger: The Secret of Latios/Latias

Hack of: Pokemon Life is Emerald, Pokemon Ranger is Pokemon Ruby

Finished percentage: umm, 0%?

Your hacking skills: Nothing more than mapping and pokemon editing.

What help or skill you're looking for: Mainly a Spriter and a World map more than anything, i may need a music editor too, i might give scripting a go, but i'll need one hell of a tutor.

Additional contact information: None, just PM me

Additional information: Pokemon Ranger Secret of Latios/Latias will be hacked off of 2 different pokemon games, Latios will be hacked from Ruby while Latias will be hacked from sapphire. (kinda like the concept of Taoism)

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Tyran Purple

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: The hack is your basic get 8 badges, defeat the Elite 4 with a side of evil team story. There's some different things you can do after you beat the Elite 4. I'm hoping to have another Pokemon League that will be made from the Sevii Islands. I hope to have another 8 badges, Elite 4 and maybe, just maybe, another evil team.

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: Very little.

What help or skill you're looking for: Mappers, Scripters, Text Editors, Spriters, Tile Editors and Title Screen editors. I know it's alot but I'm new to this.

Additional contact information: Just PM me.

Additional information: I'm farly new to this. I've done some research on hacking and can do very basic things (editing trainers, very basic advance maps, ect). I can try to help out on whatever is needed help with and I'm determind to get this hack done. I really want to make my first hack a good one for people to enjoy so I'll need alot of help. Thank you all. :)

You can find the hacks page at: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=243602

Years
Hack name: Black Titanium

Hack of: Ruby

Additional information about the hack: Explore the Rainbow Islands, and figure out what that shadow is.. or was..

Finished percentage: Just started, but have Alpha 1 maps done.

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Storyline, and Non game Graphics (Banners, Userbars, etc.)

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, and maybe a title screen designer/inserter.

Additional contact information: PM me, or email me at: [email protected]

Additional information: First hack, and I really want this project to go far.

Find it: You can find Team Black Titanium's Thread here and here

Awesomeslayerg

Beginning Hacker
Years
Hack Name: Pokemon UltraViolet

Hack of:Pokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Do have a storyline but very long :P.

Finished percentage:0.1%

Your hacking skills: Not much and not to little

What help or skill you're looking for:Some mappers,scripters,spriters adding other sprites to the game or fakeomons

Additional contact information:Just PM me.

Additional information: This will be my first offical hack that will be released. I have completed 3 maps and added little suprises to the mart.

EDB

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2015
Hack name: Pokémon Opal Spirits (Not set in stone)

Hack of:
FireRed

A new world and adventure. Different from the standard progression of pokémon games of 8 gyms 1 league. If you want more information in that respect, please ask, but mind that I don't want to spoil it in it's entirety just yet.

Finished percentage:
Very little. The first towns mapped and the first portion of the storyline scripted out properly.

Your hacking skills:
Ideas, basic to moderate mapping, advanced scripting.

What help or skill you're looking for:

I lack any sort of artistic talent. I need people to design trainer sprites (overworld and battle) and tilesets. Suggestions for any other aspect of the game are welcome aswell.

Please PM me on this website.

Additional information:
Any specific questions can be included in the PM, don't hold back!

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Hack Name: Pokemon Ruby Multiplayer Testing

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby (or any 3rd gen)

Additional Info: This isn't a specific hack, it's a project I'm working on to help expand multiplayer capabilities in any 3rd gen hack.

Finished Percentage: Tested and gave up long ago. The new one I'm starting is just barely set up. Less than 1%.

My Skills: Mapping, Text editing, and observing and copying to make something new. (my way of getting around the fact that I know nothing else)

Skills Needed: Anyone who understands more than mapping. Preferably someone who can understand the restrictions and changes in multiplayer mode.

Description: I'm working on expanding the multiplayer modes in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. (Emerald, Firered, and Leafgreen in the future) I'm doing this by simply editing the mixing records room. That way, 2-4 players can join and do anything! But in this multiplayer mode, I noticed a lot of events are not functional. I need people who can do further testing and maybe experts who know how to fix these restrictions. So far, It is possible to create a vast multiplayer environment where 2-4 players can explore and do things. But I aim to make more possibilities. So I'll need help with people who know and understand how multiplayer modes work because I sure don't!

Last edited:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Glazed (pending until we find something better)

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby

Additional information about the hack: Little shaky about the plot. Basically, you've run away from controlling parents to go on a journey.

Finished percentage: 5-10%

Your hacking skills: Scripting, Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: SPRITES. I just want to insert 12 Fakemon in my game (3 starters, their evolutions, and one other family). I have them all sketched out, I just need someone to sprite them so they look like actual official sprites, and insert them in the game. For what its worth, testers could help, so I can figure out what levels to make the Pokemon.

I'm gonna start a thread for my game soon, you can post there. You can also PM me, or if you have chatango, my username is LucarioBuizelFurret.

Additional information: Hmm....Well, thanks to anyone who helps!

Silent Crest

Celestial Shine
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Hack name: Pokemon Revolution

Finished percentage: 5-10%, Just started, storyline is completed, all scenes planned out, first few maps finished.

Your hacking skills: I'm the dialog/storyboard writer for the team, our team also has a mapper and scripter. I am not the team leader.

What help or skill you're looking for: Title screen editors, someone who can edit some "fixed" game mechanics (e.g. FR Intro Scene & Text), etc.

Additional contact information: I can be found at [email protected], leader can be found at [email protected], or you can pm either myself or Ink.

Additional information: MSN is fine, but email is also good, the team is spread across many time zones so...

pizzaz007

Why not?
Years
Help please!

Hack name: Pokemon: Ashes of Absol

Additional information about the hack: Not much...

Finished percentage: 0.5% At the most....

Your hacking skills: Beginner/Intermediate (Can script basics like giving items, talking scripts, etc., good with maps, good brainstormer)

What help or skill you're looking for: The works. I have one other friend helping me with story, but that's it. (I need scripters, mappers, but no OW/Fakemon except for one small detail with your rival.)

Additional contact information: [email protected] or xbox (have a mic)

Additional information: I'm looking for a deep story line. I like games that you get in to. Not just 5 minute pick up-put down games.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Prestonian

Beginner Hacker
Years
Hack name: Pokemon: The Story of Zero Alstair

Additional information about the hack: It's supposed to follow a story I read, with the author's permission of course.

Finished percentage: 5% considering the story is already there.

Your hacking skills: Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, Tilesets, etc.

Additional contact information: PM, E-mail

Additional information: PM me for the story, because I don't have enough posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back