Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #17851    
Old March 16th, 2011 (11:30 PM).
DarkTorchic's Avatar
DarkTorchic DarkTorchic is offline
Chaining Master ;)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Belgium
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 24
    Got a new SHINY BIBAREL caught it yesterday night at a chain of just 21. It's my second pokemon platinum shiny Yippie
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #17852    
    Old March 17th, 2011 (2:40 AM).
    Steven's Avatar
    Steven Steven is offline
    Bubblegum Betch
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Ohio
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 1,363
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gearuvagen View Post
    Just a little Update I've been completely absorbed in White but I have been pseudo shiny hunting by breeding for good natures with my Jap Ditto. I had a stoke of good fortune though I obtained a Jap Servine from the GTS a day ago so I decided to breed it for a Snivy I bred it with an American Ditto to make sure the Masuda Method still applied. On my first and only Snivy Egg I hatched a Beautiful Blue Serious Snivy Natures not wonderful but I love my first gen 5 shiny.
    Congrats on that Snivy! :D

    My Snivy is also bred. It has Glare on it. o3o
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
    That's amazingly lucky! Even 1/1365 odds aren't great for that.
    So cert shinies no longer count? This is probably for the best since there are so many of them now!

    Shiny Watchog is awesome! It has that neon charm that made Seviper and friends so cool.
    Other epic GenV shinies include Emboar, Gigalith, Chandelure, Druddigon, and Virizion. I also have my eyes set on Trubbish, Klink, Cohagrigus, and Volcarona.

    If there's a St. Patrick's event going on, maybe Druddigon will be my first target. I just need to find a Jolly syncer.
    I love Shiny Watchog. I plan to get one, hopefully with Illuminate so I can use it for hunting.

    There is a St. Patrick's event going on. o:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DarkTorchic View Post
    Got a new SHINY BIBAREL caught it yesterday night at a chain of just 21. It's my second pokemon platinum shiny Yippie
    Congrats!

    I plan on hunting in the grass in White Forest, and the double grass on Route 18 when I can.
    __________________
    ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

    ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
    Reply With Quote
      #17853    
    Old March 17th, 2011 (3:01 AM).
    DarkTorchic's Avatar
    DarkTorchic DarkTorchic is offline
    Chaining Master ;)
       
      Join Date: Mar 2011
      Location: Belgium
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 24
      Good luck on your hunting I'm at the moment chaining for a chansey fingers crossed :D
      Reply With Quote
        #17854    
      Old March 17th, 2011 (10:31 AM).
      Raichu1988's Avatar
      Raichu1988 Raichu1988 is offline
         
        Join Date: Feb 2010
        Age: 28
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 227
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Gearuvagen View Post
        Just a little Update I've been completely absorbed in White but I have been pseudo shiny hunting by breeding for good natures with my Jap Ditto. I had a stoke of good fortune though I obtained a Jap Servine from the GTS a day ago so I decided to breed it for a Snivy I bred it with an American Ditto to make sure the Masuda Method still applied. On my first and only Snivy Egg I hatched a Beautiful Blue Serious Snivy Natures not wonderful but I love my first gen 5 shiny.
        Awesome! That is really lucky, congrats! I think Snivy's whole evolution line looks really nice shiny. The blue suits it. Also congrats since it's your first gen 5 shiny. :D

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MetalMario
        Shiny Watchog is awesome!
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Landorus
        I love Shiny Watchog.
        I also like shiny Watchog. I don't know why a lot of people are hating on it though. :/

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by DarkTorchic
        Got a new SHINY BIBAREL caught it yesterday night at a chain of just 21. It's my second pokemon platinum shiny Yippie
        Congrats! Did you continue your chain after as well? I haven't been so lucky as to catch a shiny before 40. I think that only happened once.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MetalMario
        If there's a St. Patrick's event going on, maybe Druddigon will be my first target. I just need to find a Jolly syncer.
        Good luck! Druddigon is pretty sweet looking as a shiny.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Landorus
        I plan on hunting in the grass in White Forest, and the double grass on Route 18 when I can.
        Does looking in the double grass up your chances for a shiny encounter? I haven't been too sure on this one for a while.. and ooo, White Forest hunting. That should be cool since there's exclusives in there. XD

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by DarkTorchic
        I'm at the moment chaining for a chansey fingers crossed
        Good luck on Chansey hunting!

        So far I've hatched over a box and a half of Bagon and still no shiny. I'm going to keep trying after my DSi is finished charging. My sister hatched a shiny this morning in Diamond, so it kinda got my hopes up to try again later.
        __________________
        siggy from and avi from; radioactive on lj.

        Reply With Quote
          #17855    
        Old March 17th, 2011 (12:23 PM).
        G-Money's Avatar
        G-Money G-Money is offline
        Polychromatic Iridescence
           
          Join Date: Jan 2011
          Location: Northwest Hoenn
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 359
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Raichu1988 View Post
          Right now I'm trying to hunt for a shiny Bagon in Platinum for the St Patrick's Day challenge. XD But, So far haven't gotten one. I'll probably wind up getting one after but I've always wanted shiny Bagon anyway. <3
          Good luck! Bagon would be an awesome shiny to get, especially for the St. Patrick's Day Challenge. Speaking of which:

          Happy St. Patrick's Day!

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Gearuvagen View Post
          Just a little Update I've been completely absorbed in White but I have been pseudo shiny hunting by breeding for good natures with my Jap Ditto. I had a stoke of good fortune though I obtained a Jap Servine from the GTS a day ago so I decided to breed it for a Snivy I bred it with an American Ditto to make sure the Masuda Method still applied. On my first and only Snivy Egg I hatched a Beautiful Blue Serious Snivy Natures not wonderful but I love my first gen 5 shiny.
          Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations on getting a shiny on your first egg! That's really good luck, "lol."

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by DarkTorchic View Post
          Got a new SHINY BIBAREL caught it yesterday night at a chain of just 21. It's my second pokemon platinum shiny Yippie
          Congratulations! *welcomes DarkTorchic to the Shiny Bibarel Club*

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by DarkTorchic View Post
          Good luck on your hunting I'm at the moment chaining for a chansey fingers crossed :D
          Good luck! Chansey's another good St. Patrick's Day pick, and it might end up being good for battle, too.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Raichu1988 View Post
          Does looking in the double grass up your chances for a shiny encounter? I haven't been too sure on this one for a while.. and ooo, White Forest hunting. That should be cool since there's exclusives in there. XD
          As I understand it, the odds in double grass are still 1/8192, but since you see more Pokemon, it just makes that go by faster. The mathematical odds are the same, but you're just getting to 8192 encounters in a smaller amount of time.

          Congrats to your sister on her shiny!

          I have a question about Zorua. I heard you can only get it if you have a Celebi (or Johto event trio and then breed), but does it have to be the specific event Celebi, or can it be any Celebi? I have a Journey Across America one from a few years ago (2006?), but I don't have any of the recent events. I want to be able to get Zorua, "lol." (Although it would probably help if I had B/W!) :D

          I've just been SRing for Drifloon over the past couple of days. Most shiny ghost Pokemon look really cool, and Drifloon will be my third ghost! Maybe I could become a shiny ghost trainer or something like that in the future...
          __________________
          Path of the Ghost: 12/18
          Path of the Starter: 10/18


          Reply With Quote
            #17856    
          Old March 18th, 2011 (1:31 AM). Edited March 18th, 2011 by DarkTorchic.
          DarkTorchic's Avatar
          DarkTorchic DarkTorchic is offline
          Chaining Master ;)
             
            Join Date: Mar 2011
            Location: Belgium
            Age: 25
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 24
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
            I've just been SRing for Drifloon over the past couple of days. Most shiny ghost Pokemon look really cool, and Drifloon will be my third ghost! Maybe I could become a shiny ghost trainer or something like that in the future...
            Hey I'm also soft reseting for a drifloon good luck

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Raichu1988 View Post
            Congrats! Did you continue your chain after as well? I haven't been so lucky as to catch a shiny before 40. I think that only happened once.

            Good luck on Chansey hunting!

            So far I've hatched over a box and a half of Bagon and still no shiny. I'm going to keep trying after my DSi is finished charging. My sister hatched a shiny this morning in Diamond, so it kinda got my hopes up to try again later.
            It's my second shining before 40 and I did continue the chain but it broke

            The shiny chansey was a failure as well better luck next time
            Reply With Quote
              #17857    
            Old March 18th, 2011 (4:56 AM). Edited March 18th, 2011 by Steven.
            Steven's Avatar
            Steven Steven is offline
            Bubblegum Betch
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2011
            Location: Ohio
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 1,363
            Hi everyone! I have updated the second post with new contest information. Since St.Patricks Day has passed, and no one has gotten a shiny that applies to that contest, there will be no winner.

            I have added the Shiny Circuit to the second post, and remember that March Madness is still going on!
            Spoiler:
            PokeCommunity Shiny Circuit
            Spoiler:
            You must complete ALL of these challenges to win. PokeRadar can not be used, nor can RNG abuse. All other hunting methods are allowed. You do not have to complete them in order.

            1. Prayer Challenge
            - You must capture a shiny legendary Pokemon, in any game.
            2. Dream Challenge
            - You must hatch a Pokemon with a Dream World nature. If you don't have B/W you must hatch/catch a Pokemon that learns Hypnosis through level up.
            3. Gender Challenge
            - You must hatch/capture a Pokemon that can only be one gender.
            4. Unique Challenge
            - You must hatch/capture a Pokemon that has a typing that no other Pokemon has.
            5. Mediavel Challenge
            - You must hatch/capture a Steel or Dragon type.

            If you catch a Pokemon that applies to two different challenges, you must pick which one you want it to apply for. One Pokemon cannot be used for two challenges.


            March Madness
            Spoiler:
            You must find one of these shinies (or an evolutionary form of it), you do not need to find all, just one!

            1st generation: Eevee
            2nd generation: Natu
            3rd generation: Wingul
            4th generation: Chimchar
            5th generation: Pansage



            I think I am going to breed for a Shiny Darumakka with its Dream World ability. I just caught a Female Zen Mode Darmamitan in my English White, and a Male one in my Japanese Black. So I will use those to breed. Wish me luck!

            Edit NEW SHINY:

            HOLY JESUS! I hatched a Shiny Sassy Darumakka on the SIXTH egg! It has its Dream World ability too! AAAH!
            __________________
            ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

            ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
            Reply With Quote
              #17858    
            Old March 18th, 2011 (11:23 AM).
            Raichu1988's Avatar
            Raichu1988 Raichu1988 is offline
               
              Join Date: Feb 2010
              Age: 28
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 227
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
              As I understand it, the odds in double grass are still 1/8192, but since you see more Pokemon, it just makes that go by faster. The mathematical odds are the same, but you're just getting to 8192 encounters in a smaller amount of time.

              I have a question about Zorua. I heard you can only get it if you have a Celebi (or Johto event trio and then breed), but does it have to be the specific event Celebi, or can it be any Celebi? I have a Journey Across America one from a few years ago (2006?), but I don't have any of the recent events. I want to be able to get Zorua, "lol." (Although it would probably help if I had B/W!) :D

              I've just been SRing for Drifloon over the past couple of days. Most shiny ghost Pokemon look really cool, and Drifloon will be my third ghost! Maybe I could become a shiny ghost trainer or something like that in the future...
              Ah, I see now. Yeah, I just wasn't sure if it changed the rate of seeing one but it makes sense that the rate is the same, just that you happen to see more pokémon quicker. Thanks for answering my question!

              Also, good luck on Drifloon! That's a shiny I'd been after for a while but gave up SR'ing. I like it's shinyness though. And maybe you should be a ghost shiny trainer, what other ghost have you caught shinywise?

              As far as I know, the event has to be triggered with the Celebi that is specific for that event. Or like you said, with breeding from the shiny beast event with Zoroark. I'm pretty sure that's the only way, unfortunately. :/ I've seen a lot of people breeding them though, so I'm sure you'd be able to obtain one in a trade and breed some yourself.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Landorus
              I think I am going to breed for a Shiny Darumakka with its Dream World ability. I just caught a Female Zen Mode Darmamitan in my English White, and a Male one in my Japanese Black. So I will use those to breed. Wish me luck!

              Edit NEW SHINY:

              HOLY JESUS! I hatched a Shiny Sassy Darumakka on the SIXTH egg! It has its Dream World ability too! AAAH!
              Wow! On the sixth egg only! Congrats! That will make a fantastic part of your team, and the shiny color scheme is so nice. <3 I also like the nature so that's really cool!

              Also, thanks for the new challenges, I'm looking forward to trying a few of them out.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by DarkTorchic
              It's my second shining before 40 and I did continue the chain but it broke

              The shiny chansey was a failure as well better luck next time
              I'm sorry the chain broke but at least you got one before it did. And hopefully next time you try for chansey you'll have a better outcome. Good luck on Drifloon as well!

              Shiny Bagon was a miss. Over 7 boxes full - nearly 8 - and no shiny. I'm going to wait for a while to try again since I would love a shiny Salamance. I think for the March Madness I'm going to try for shiny Eevee again because I'd love a shiny Jolteon or Espeon. Quite possibly will SR for a shiny Virizion on Black as well.
              __________________
              siggy from and avi from; radioactive on lj.

              Reply With Quote
                #17859    
              Old March 18th, 2011 (12:00 PM).
              Steven's Avatar
              Steven Steven is offline
              Bubblegum Betch
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2011
              Location: Ohio
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 1,363
              Here's some pictures of the Darumaka:

              Spoiler:


              And the video..

              __________________
              ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

              ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
              Reply With Quote
                #17860    
              Old March 18th, 2011 (2:24 PM).
              NightOfRemorse's Avatar
              NightOfRemorse NightOfRemorse is offline
              my anxieties have anxieties
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2011
                Location: California
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 808
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
                HOLY JESUS! I hatched a Shiny Sassy Darumakka on the SIXTH egg! It has its Dream World ability too! AAAH!
                Congratulations! That's really lucky :] So far I've gone through 338 Absol eggs and still going strong~
                __________________
                Why you act frightened?
                I am enlightened
                Your weakness builds me, so someday you'll see
                I stay away
                Reply With Quote
                  #17861    
                Old March 18th, 2011 (3:10 PM).
                G-Money's Avatar
                G-Money G-Money is offline
                Polychromatic Iridescence
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2011
                  Location: Northwest Hoenn
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 359
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DarkTorchic View Post
                  Hey I'm also soft reseting for a drifloon good luck
                  Awesome! Would you like to race? Drifloon has a really awesome shiny form - I just love the bright yellow! There's such a huge contrast between the two Drifloons.
                  Good luck on your hunt!

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
                  Hi everyone! I have updated the second post with new contest information. Since St.Patricks Day has passed, and no one has gotten a shiny that applies to that contest, there will be no winner.

                  I have added the Shiny Circuit to the second post, and remember that March Madness is still going on!
                  Spoiler:
                  PokeCommunity Shiny Circuit
                  Spoiler:
                  You must complete ALL of these challenges to win. PokeRadar can not be used, nor can RNG abuse. All other hunting methods are allowed. You do not have to complete them in order.

                  1. Prayer Challenge
                  - You must capture a shiny legendary Pokemon, in any game.
                  2. Dream Challenge
                  - You must hatch a Pokemon with a Dream World nature. If you don't have B/W you must hatch/catch a Pokemon that learns Hypnosis through level up.
                  3. Gender Challenge
                  - You must hatch/capture a Pokemon that can only be one gender.
                  4. Unique Challenge
                  - You must hatch/capture a Pokemon that has a typing that no other Pokemon has.
                  5. Mediavel Challenge
                  - You must hatch/capture a Steel or Dragon type.

                  If you catch a Pokemon that applies to two different challenges, you must pick which one you want it to apply for. One Pokemon cannot be used for two challenges.


                  March Madness
                  Spoiler:
                  You must find one of these shinies (or an evolutionary form of it), you do not need to find all, just one!

                  1st generation: Eevee
                  2nd generation: Natu
                  3rd generation: Wingul
                  4th generation: Chimchar
                  5th generation: Pansage



                  I think I am going to breed for a Shiny Darumakka with its Dream World ability. I just caught a Female Zen Mode Darmamitan in my English White, and a Male one in my Japanese Black. So I will use those to breed. Wish me luck!

                  Edit NEW SHINY:

                  HOLY JESUS! I hatched a Shiny Sassy Darumakka on the SIXTH egg! It has its Dream World ability too! AAAH!
                  Congratulations on your shiny...thing you got there! I have no idea what that is, but it's a shiny, so it's awesome! Congrats, Lando. It's always great to see another shiny for the club.

                  I like the contests! The shiny circuit should be fun! I just have one question - with the Hypnosis thing, can it already know Hypnosis or does it have to learn it later on, through level-up? I was thinking of searching for a shiny Ghastly in FR while training my Pokemon to face the Elite 4.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Raichu1988 View Post
                  Also, good luck on Drifloon! That's a shiny I'd been after for a while but gave up SR'ing. I like it's shinyness though. And maybe you should be a ghost shiny trainer, what other ghost have you caught shinywise?

                  As far as I know, the event has to be triggered with the Celebi that is specific for that event. Or like you said, with breeding from the shiny beast event with Zoroark. I'm pretty sure that's the only way, unfortunately. :/ I've seen a lot of people breeding them though, so I'm sure you'd be able to obtain one in a trade and breed some yourself.
                  Thanks! It seems like the only way I would be able to get Zorua is through trading, which just isn't as fun. Maybe there'll be another event in the future.

                  My other shiny ghosts are Shuppet and Giratina. *remembers that he should be getting his banner back up soon* I was reading a list the other day of all the ghost Pokemon, and it seems pretty realistic because there aren't that many. Besides, all the ghost Pokemon are really cool, which I never realized until I began SRing for Drifloon. SRing mindlessly for hours every day really gets you thinking, doesn't it? "lol"

                  Good luck to everyone on their hunts! May we see another shiny soon!
                  __________________
                  Path of the Ghost: 12/18
                  Path of the Starter: 10/18


                  Reply With Quote
                    #17862    
                  Old March 18th, 2011 (3:23 PM).
                  Steven's Avatar
                  Steven Steven is offline
                  Bubblegum Betch
                  • Gold Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2011
                  Location: Ohio
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Naive
                  Posts: 1,363
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
                  Congratulations on your shiny...thing you got there! I have no idea what that is, but it's a shiny, so it's awesome! Congrats, Lando. It's always great to see another shiny for the club.

                  I like the contests! The shiny circuit should be fun! I just have one question - with the Hypnosis thing, can it already know Hypnosis or does it have to learn it later on, through level-up? I was thinking of searching for a shiny Ghastly in FR while training my Pokemon to face the Elite 4.
                  If it's in the level up move set then it is fine. Moves that need to be taught through a move relearner also count. If you have to breed a move onto it, it doens't count.

                  Gastly is a Pokemon that is fine for that challenge.
                  __________________
                  ♪ Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ♫

                  ♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
                  Reply With Quote
                    #17863    
                  Old March 18th, 2011 (8:46 PM).
                  NightOfRemorse's Avatar
                  NightOfRemorse NightOfRemorse is offline
                  my anxieties have anxieties
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2011
                    Location: California
                    Nature: Lonely
                    Posts: 808
                    Holy crap, I just hatched my shiny Absol on the 380th egg! :]
                    __________________
                    Why you act frightened?
                    I am enlightened
                    Your weakness builds me, so someday you'll see
                    I stay away
                    Reply With Quote
                      #17864    
                    Old March 19th, 2011 (12:27 AM).
                    DarkTorchic's Avatar
                    DarkTorchic DarkTorchic is offline
                    Chaining Master ;)
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2011
                      Location: Belgium
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 24
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by NightOfRemorse View Post
                      Holy crap, I just hatched my shiny Absol on the 380th egg! :]
                      Congrats on the shiny absol I don't really lika absol but as a shiny with the red accents it's pretty cool
                      Reply With Quote
                        #17865    
                      Old March 19th, 2011 (6:21 AM). Edited March 19th, 2011 by G-Money.
                      G-Money's Avatar
                      G-Money G-Money is offline
                      Polychromatic Iridescence
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2011
                        Location: Northwest Hoenn
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 359
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by NightOfRemorse View Post
                        Holy crap, I just hatched my shiny Absol on the 380th egg! :]
                        Congratulations!! That's awesome!! Only 380 eggs? Wow, the SHC is turning on its luck machine!

                        I was looking through the list of all Pokemon with unique typing, and Drifloon/Drifblim are the only Pokemon with Ghost/Flying, so Drifloon will count for the circuit! *goes back to SRing Drifloon*

                        EDIT: Darn, I won't be able to get B/W/SS today. I guess I'll have to wait until next weekend.
                        __________________
                        Path of the Ghost: 12/18
                        Path of the Starter: 10/18


                        Reply With Quote
                          #17866    
                        Old March 19th, 2011 (8:57 PM).
                        Alternative's Avatar
                        Alternative Alternative is offline
                        stalwart command
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2009
                        Location: Adelaide, Australia
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Impish
                        Posts: 4,268
                        Shinies are so cool!
                        I was playing Black yesterday, training my Gothorita so it could evolve into Gothitelle and that I could use it for the Battle Subway, and I ran into a Shiny Gothorita! I mean, first of all what are the chances of me running into a random shiny, and second of all, what are the chances of it being a Gothorita, just the same Pokemon which I just so happened to be training? XD;

                        I don't have pictures, but I could probably get a picture somehow if you guys wanted me to.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #17867    
                        Old March 20th, 2011 (12:13 AM). Edited March 20th, 2011 by DarkTorchic.
                        DarkTorchic's Avatar
                        DarkTorchic DarkTorchic is offline
                        Chaining Master ;)
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2011
                          Location: Belgium
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Female
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 24
                          Got a NEW SHINY everybody knows Ash's noctowl from the episodes right, well now I got my own yes I have a SHINY NOCTOWL :D. I'm superhappy with this one, when i saw the shiny patch i just couldn't believe it I was chaining and thought that it could take a while but at a chain of 11 the patch appeared. I caught it with a quick ball and couldn't stop looking at it, that was great way to start the night :D

                          EDIT:
                          Got a SHINY MACHOKE OMG second shiny in 24 hours yes yes yes :D :D

                          Pics will follow
                          Reply With Quote
                            #17868    
                          Old March 20th, 2011 (8:32 AM).
                          G-Money's Avatar
                          G-Money G-Money is offline
                          Polychromatic Iridescence
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2011
                            Location: Northwest Hoenn
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Jolly
                            Posts: 359
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
                            Shinies are so cool!
                            I was playing Black yesterday, training my Gothorita so it could evolve into Gothitelle and that I could use it for the Battle Subway, and I ran into a Shiny Gothorita! I mean, first of all what are the chances of me running into a random shiny, and second of all, what are the chances of it being a Gothorita, just the same Pokemon which I just so happened to be training? XD;

                            I don't have pictures, but I could probably get a picture somehow if you guys wanted me to.
                            That's awesome! Congratulations!

                            Don't worry about the pictures; we believe you! But if you want to show us how cool it looks, we'd be more than happy to take in its shinyness. I can't blame you for wanting to show off an awesome shiny.

                            I know your question was rhetorical, but just to let you know how rare your shiny was:

                            1/8192 * 1/649 = 1/5,316,608 chance of finding the Pokemon you were training

                            Or, if you were specifically looking for that shiny:

                            1/8192 * probability of that Pokemon appearing on that route

                            I don't know what that Pokemon's frequency on that route is, but they're usually between 5% and 20%, so we'll go with 12.5%:

                            = 1/65,536 if you were specifically looking for that particular shiny

                            That's awesome! Nice job getting a really rare shiny, "lol!"

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by DarkTorchic View Post
                            Got a NEW SHINY everybody knows Ash's noctowl from the episodes right, well now I got my own yes I have a SHINY NOCTOWL :D. I'm superhappy with this one, when i saw the shiny patch i just couldn't believe it I was chaining and thought that it could take a while but at a chain of 11 the patch appeared. I caught it with a quick ball and couldn't stop looking at it, that was great way to start the night :D

                            EDIT:
                            Got a SHINY MACHOKE OMG second shiny in 24 hours yes yes yes :D :D

                            Pics will follow
                            Two shinys in one day?? Wow, that's incredible!! You are one lucky shiny hunter, DarkTorchic! I'd be ecstatic if I could get just one shiny in a day, "lol!"

                            By the way, I saw your post in the other club, and ours is much better. I'm a member of both, too, but this one is where all the fun is! :D

                            Hunting Progress:

                            Friday: ~5 hours for Drifloon
                            Saturday: ~8 hours for Drifloon

                            Yeah, no shiny yet. I'm probably over 8000 SRs by now, or at least it seems like it!

                            Right now, I'm SRing for Hitmonlee since I left my DS with Diamond in another room and don't feel like walking over to get it, "lol."
                            __________________
                            Path of the Ghost: 12/18
                            Path of the Starter: 10/18


                            Reply With Quote
                              #17869    
                            Old March 20th, 2011 (8:41 AM).
                            DarkTorchic's Avatar
                            DarkTorchic DarkTorchic is offline
                            Chaining Master ;)
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2011
                              Location: Belgium
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 24
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
                              Two shinys in one day?? Wow, that's incredible!! You are one lucky shiny hunter, DarkTorchic! I'd be ecstatic if I could get just one shiny in a day, "lol!"

                              By the way, I saw your post in the other club, and ours is much better. I'm a member of both, too, but this one is where all the fun is! :D

                              Hunting Progress:

                              Friday: ~5 hours for Drifloon
                              Saturday: ~8 hours for Drifloon

                              Yeah, no shiny yet. I'm probably over 8000 SRs by now, or at least it seems like it!

                              Right now, I'm SRing for Hitmonlee since I left my DS with Diamond in another room and don't feel like walking over to get it, "lol."
                              Thanks I couldn't believe it either 2 shiny's one day but the day isn't over yet I also think this club is better it isn't so restricted as the other one. Good luck on the hitmonlee and get on your feet and go get your ds :D
                              Reply With Quote
                                #17870    
                              Old March 20th, 2011 (9:35 AM).
                              NightOfRemorse's Avatar
                              NightOfRemorse NightOfRemorse is offline
                              my anxieties have anxieties
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2011
                                Location: California
                                Nature: Lonely
                                Posts: 808
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by DarkTorchic View Post
                                Got a NEW SHINY everybody knows Ash's noctowl from the episodes right, well now I got my own yes I have a SHINY NOCTOWL :D. I'm superhappy with this one, when i saw the shiny patch i just couldn't believe it I was chaining and thought that it could take a while but at a chain of 11 the patch appeared. I caught it with a quick ball and couldn't stop looking at it, that was great way to start the night :D

                                EDIT:
                                Got a SHINY MACHOKE OMG second shiny in 24 hours yes yes yes :D :D

                                Pics will follow
                                Congratulations, those are very cool shinies! I hope you get more of the ones you want :]

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
                                Hunting Progress:

                                Friday: ~5 hours for Drifloon
                                Saturday: ~8 hours for Drifloon

                                Yeah, no shiny yet. I'm probably over 8000 SRs by now, or at least it seems like it!

                                Right now, I'm SRing for Hitmonlee since I left my DS with Diamond in another room and don't feel like walking over to get it, "lol."
                                Good luck with your Drifloon and Hitmonlee hunt! I love shiny Drifloon, it looks so awesome keep it up, dude (and go get your ds lol)
                                __________________
                                Why you act frightened?
                                I am enlightened
                                Your weakness builds me, so someday you'll see
                                I stay away
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #17871    
                                Old March 20th, 2011 (1:52 PM).
                                MetalMario's Avatar
                                MetalMario MetalMario is offline
                                • Gold Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2005
                                Location: In a tiberium patch chaining for a shiny visceroid
                                Age: 30
                                Nature: Timid
                                Posts: 1,867
                                Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
                                Friday: ~5 hours for Drifloon
                                Saturday: ~8 hours for Drifloon

                                Yeah, no shiny yet. I'm probably over 8000 SRs by now, or at least it seems like it!
                                Probably not. You might be nearing 1000

                                Needless to say, I did NOT catch shiny Druddigon. I just finished beating N on White. The honeymoon's over, so now it's time to shiny hunt! I'm SRing Tepig on Black, and fitting in some Kyogre multi-SRing when I have my second DS handy.
                                __________________
                                Don't want to see another generation drop


                                I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

                                osu!
                                stream
                                github
                                latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #17872    
                                Old March 22nd, 2011 (12:51 AM).
                                DarkTorchic's Avatar
                                DarkTorchic DarkTorchic is offline
                                Chaining Master ;)
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                                  Location: Belgium
                                  Age: 25
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 24
                                  Got a new shiny to ad to the pokedex . A shiny electrike by chaining got on 42 and caught it with and luxury ball.

                                  And everybody good luck on the hunts :D
                                  __________________
                                  My shinies (6st gen games an onward)

                                  Under Construction
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #17873    
                                  Old March 22nd, 2011 (4:35 AM).
                                  Runasutaru's Avatar
                                  Runasutaru Runasutaru is offline
                                  Guardian Spectre
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2005
                                    Location: Portugal
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Nature: Quirky
                                    Posts: 419
                                    Howdy, chaps! *Adjusts monocle*

                                    ...Ahem. No luck thus far, here. I've been running left and right, left and right, left and right (feels like breeding all over again), getting a boatload of cave rare spawn "patch" stuff (gems, gems everywhere - some evolution stones too) but no trace of a Shiny, thus far. Don't ask me for a Boldore count, I don't keep formal track of numbers and haven't really looked at the game's total played time since I started.
                                    There's a nice amount of risk to it, since it's not the only Pokémon that shows up in there - I might choke a Gurdurr if I see one as Shiny (wouldn't mind Woobat, maybe even a Cryogonal)!

                                    In any case, nice Shiny spawn (and catch!) rates for you all, there! Keep on goin' and see ya around.
                                    __________________

                                    ~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

                                    Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #17874    
                                    Old March 22nd, 2011 (6:16 AM).
                                    MetalMario's Avatar
                                    MetalMario MetalMario is offline
                                    • Gold Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2005
                                    Location: In a tiberium patch chaining for a shiny visceroid
                                    Age: 30
                                    Nature: Timid
                                    Posts: 1,867
                                    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
                                    Oh that reminds me, you never did get that KFC, did you? With enhanced Masuda odds, you really should!

                                    Gigalith is pretty friggin' awesome. I like the fact that it lives in multiple places: it gives me a chance to find different awesome shinies on the way to catching it. As in, there's a whole ladder of caves I can work my way down if I find something else. I'll start in Chargestone and hope for a shiny Klink, then go to that funny one you need Surf for, then finally the low-level one.

                                    Also it pays to catch shinies in their unevolved form this generation, since it fills more of your Shiny Dex!

                                    200 Tepigs. 70 Kyogres since last count.
                                    __________________
                                    Don't want to see another generation drop


                                    I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

                                    osu!
                                    stream
                                    github
                                    latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #17875    
                                    Old March 22nd, 2011 (10:22 AM).
                                    Raichu1988's Avatar
                                    Raichu1988 Raichu1988 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Feb 2010
                                      Age: 28
                                      Gender: Female
                                      Nature: Calm
                                      Posts: 227
                                      Congrats to all the shiny catchers/hatchers so far! Quite a few cool shinies you guys obtained. Good luck to everyone else still hunting! Hope you see your shinies soon!

                                      My progress isn't much to look at since I haven't got any of the shinies I was looking at over the weekend. I am pretty sure I hatched over 300 solosis eggs using Masuda Method on Black and not one in sight yet. So, I took a break and started breeding Oshawott and still, no luck after probably 5 hours so I stopped for a while. I'll probably try again for Oshawott though I really would like a shiny Solosis. I haven't been breeding constantly, just playing on and off since I was really busy this weekend. So, here's hoping! *crosses fingers* I'll probably get back into the swing of breeding tonight and trying yet again.
                                      __________________
                                      siggy from and avi from; radioactive on lj.

                                      Reply With Quote
                                      Reply
                                      Quick Reply

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:14 AM.