• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Normal/Flying Family Availible At Start?

What is your favourite family of the birds availible near start of each game?

• Generation 1 - Pidgey, Pidgeot, Pidgeotto

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Generation 2 - Hoothoot, Noctowl

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Generation 3 - Taillow, Swellow

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Generation 4 - Starly, Staravia, Staraptor

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Generation 5 - Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
What is your favourite family of the birds availible at start of each game:
Generation 1 - Pidgey, Pidgeot, Pidgeotto
Generation 2 - Hoothoot, Noctowl
Generation 3 - Taillow, Swellow
Generation 4 - Starly, Staravia, Staraptor
Generation 5 - Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant

Volcom22

Weepingbell Collector.. ^.^
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
I'm personally a Tailow/Swellow fan, Every R/S/E game I made there was one on my team. I think I just like the way they look. Gen 4/5 birds are too much a like I find.. & Hoothoot/Noctowl just didn't seem as Epic as the 1st & 3rd Generation of Birds.

blue

gucci
Years
Definately Taillow/Swellow, they've been my two favourite Pokémon since I first saw them and I always used them on my team in R/S/E, I love their design and are probally still my favourite Pokémon :).

Years
Pidove's family looks nice I'm going to get one in Black.

But my favourite early region bird is the Starly family 'cos I've got a Staraptor in all my Gen IV teams.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
164Noctowl.png

Noctowl's about to go straight up gangsta' on anyone that doesn't vote for him. XD

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Swellow and Noctowl are my favorite birds. Pidgeot would be at a close second, though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
The Pidgey family are my absolute favourite, but the Taillow family comes in a very close second. I like the Pidgey family for nostalgic purposes (Pidgeotto's one of my favourite Pokémon for some reason haha), and I've found Swellow so useful in my Gen III teams.

I think you're missing Spearow/Fearow from the polls, though, they're decent birds as well. :x

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2011
Im a big fan of the flying family's so much.

Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot - Classic's. They've been in our hearts right next to the first starters. When you first run into Route 1, and run into a Pidgey. I get the feeling of excitement, and run from the battle, to not hurt the pokemon.

Hoothoot, Noctowl - Owls = win... I always think they should Dark/Flying pokemon, because I always use Noctowl for my teams in 2nd generation.

Tailow/Swellow - I think they just redid Spearow, and gave him a diffrent evolution. There my least-favorite two bird pokemon for the generation.

Starly/Staravia/Staraptor - I love these ones alot, but there not my favorite. The fourth generation showed us the beginning of amazing bird moves, which I was like " HECK YEAH!! "

Pidove/Tranquill/[whatever the third one is] - I like these untill it gets to the final evolution. I hate that pink thing on the males face. It makes me want to just look around for the female just so I can get a non-pinkfaced one. I still like them.

If they have Washibon-Rufflet/Wargle-Braviary, I would vote for it in a heartbeat, but I went with Noctowl. Staraptor was close tho

Years
I'll always have a fondness for the Pidgey line. I think they look the coolest myself. Although Emobird Staraptor comes in close second. I'll always find it interesting that it learns Close Combat, too. And seriously, they have a red-colored bang over their eyes, how is that not cool?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I have had some really good memories battling with my Staraptor in Diamond and Platinum <3 So the Starly line for me. And they actually make Staravia look good in the Amine.

Back