• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Moth Pokemon?

Favorite moth

• Venemoth

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Dustox

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Mothim

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Volcarona

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
Years
Well, earlier today I was training my Larvesta and it got me to thinkink, what is my favorite moth Pokemon? So there's Mothim, Venemoth, Dustox, and Volcarona. Mine is between Mothim and Vocarona though probably Volcarona. What's yours?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
tumblr_ljeiqmbSSA1qc98kgo1_500.gif

Wrong section. Please read the rules and announcement before posting a thread next time. This belongs in Pokemon General, because it's about the Pokemon, and not the games specifically. So I'll just throw this there.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
I would say it would either be... Volcarona or Venemoth. I never was a big fan of Dustox... Mothim's cute though. :)

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Volcarona without a doubt. It's so awesome, design-wise and description-wise.
"When volcanic ash darkened the atmosphere, it is said that Volcarona's fire provided a replacement for the sun."
"A sea of fire engulfs the surroundings of their battles, since they use their six wings to scatter their ember scales."

EPIC

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2020
Volcarona without a doubt. It's so awesome, design-wise and description-wise.
"When volcanic ash darkened the atmosphere, it is said that Volcarona's fire provided a replacement for the sun."
"A sea of fire engulfs the surroundings of their battles, since they use their six wings to scatter their ember scales."

EPIC

Which begs the question of WTF Ho-Oh was doing at the time… D:
(Stupid Nintendo making earlier Pokémon sound stupid and releasing "super-cool" Pokémon that look like… :X!!!)

Anyways, my vote goes to Venomoth, I never really used it, but if Koga ever gave me trouble, Venomoth was responsible ¬¬
(And Venonat's design is AWESOME! :D)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Volcarona is really cool so I feel very compelled to say it. I think the others (aside from Venomoth) are too complicated to get and... well, Venomoth seems so plain compared to Volc. So I'm gonna go with the 5th gen moth. :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
284Masquerain.png

What the- OP, YOU FORGOT MASQUERAIN! >:[ (and yes, it is at least partially, if not fully, based on a moth - its Japanese name is Amemoth). Gosh.

Anyway, despite Masquerain's rude omission T_T, I voted for:

Spr_5b_637.png

Ulgamoth. Fire/Bug is such an awesome typing combination, especially when moths are naturally prone to flames. It's also evocative of the great moth Mothra, and has two amazing names (though I feel Ulgamoth supersedes Volcarona...) The wings are slightly weird, but they're OK, especially since they could be said to represent tiger lilies... Furthermore, all of its Pokedex entries are freaking awesome.

Honorable mentions:

Spr_4d_049.png

Venomoth. A classic, and supposedly the true evolution of Metapod. The shiny form is just beautiful, and the overall design is a terrific interpretation of the first Pokemon moth. And it's skilled with littering the foe with various potent powders, as well.

Spr_4d_414.png

Mothim. A soothing (somewhat creamy/coffee-ish) color scheme, and is a nice take on a somewhat funky though streamlined moth design.

Spr_4p_269_m.png

Dustox...as much as I love Generation 3 Pokemon, this one was just...weirdly designed. :x The design is tolerable, though, and the eyes are a bit cool. The shiny variant's coloration isn't half-bad, even.

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Yeeeeeeah Volcarona. Little else to say. Reminds me, I need to get back to breeding that Larvesta. I had a 30 Speed and a 29 Sp. Atk - just need to get them to make babbies.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Why just now I can't decide between Volcarona or Venomoth? Volcarona is the beast of bug pokemon, while Venomoth have unspeakable charm.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I used to have a soft spot for Mothim, but my favorite moth Pokemon now is Volcarona because it has Fire STAB to hit the other moths hard with.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Volcarona wins this easily by having a unique typing an a favorable design. I also like Mothim because of it being very realistic.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Mine's definitely Venomoth. A Psychic-learning Bug just seemed so cool to me. And Dustox is just kinda boring imo. Plus it always annoyed me with status problems and the such. :v

Years
Dustox.

All of the Hoenn Pokémon are amazing.
And it was the first legit shiny I ever saw..but I didn't catch. :(

Years
Masquerain is one of my favorite pokemon overall so it gets my vote for favorite moth. I dunno, there's just something I like about how it's a moth, but not just a moth. It's weird. I like that.
Ani284MS.png

Years
Always loved Venomoth, even with its irrationally high evolution level. Out of the other moths I have only used the two third-generation ones, Masquerain is pretty cool but not quite better than Venomoth, Dustox just plain ol' sucks.

Back