The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: Play Together Challenges
Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

View Poll Results: Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?
Yes 7 36.84%
No 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 13th, 2011 (3:37 AM).

Nature: Naive
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
    Stop the racism against dual-types, all they want is to coexist!
    I know what you mean, my mom was a dual-type

White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

Pokedex: 176/644

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 13th, 2011 (4:47 AM).
    Ace Trainer

Nature: Naughty
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
      Stop the racism against dual-types, all they want is to coexist!
      Not racism against dual types just more challenging. Flying type would be limited to gen 5 only and would only have 1 pokemon they could use. Dragon type before gen 5 could only be not fully evolved pokemon of two families. See where I'm going?

Creator of the Triple trigen monotype master challenge(PM for details if you want to know more)

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby
      Name: Lycos
      Friend code: 0190-1428-4586
      Old April 13th, 2011 (5:03 AM).
      stalwart command
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Alpha_Spike View Post
      Hmm has anyone created a "Purity Monotype Challenge" yet? By this I mean monotype but no dual types are allowed? Cause I think this would be interesting
      I don't really see this being a seperate thread, since it's pretty much the same as the normal Monotype Challenge. If you really wanted to do that challenge, then you should state in the original Monotype challenge thread that you're playing with said extra rule.
      Old April 13th, 2011 (6:00 AM).
      My life would suck without you
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Alternative View Post

I don't really see this being a seperate thread, since it's pretty much the same as the normal Monotype Challenge. If you really wanted to do that challenge, then you should state in the original Monotype challenge thread that you're playing with said extra rule.
      I have to agree, making it a separate thread would be a bad idea as it would only confuse people. You could always ask the owner of the monotype thread, Myrrh I think and ask him to maybe make a separate section for it.
      Old April 13th, 2011 (8:27 AM).
      Challenge God

Nature: Sassy
        Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
        I have to agree, making it a separate thread would be a bad idea as it would only confuse people. You could always ask the owner of the monotype thread, Myrrh I think and ask him to maybe make a separate section for it.
        Mehhhhhhhhhhhh I'll get around to it eventually. And actually, monotype is co-owned by myself and Alakazam17. She handles the Ultimate, and I handle the single.
        Old April 13th, 2011 (10:11 AM).
        ≫ the emperor ≪
        • Super Moderator
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
        A lot of challenges get sent in which are essentially combining two of the existing ones...I never approve them cause you could just post in one of them saying that you were adding on extra rules. For example, I had a Monotype Nuzlocke thread sent in...you could just post in the Nuzlocke thread saying "lol hay i'mma use just one type." That just shows the versatility with most challenges, I reckon.
        Old April 13th, 2011 (11:54 AM).
        Challenge God

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
          A lot of challenges get sent in which are essentially combining two of the existing ones...I never approve them cause you could just post in one of them saying that you were adding on extra rules. For example, I had a Monotype Nuzlocke thread sent in...you could just post in the Nuzlocke thread saying "lol hay i'mma use just one type." That just shows the versatility with most challenges, I reckon.
          I never understood combining Nuzlocke with anything. It's impossibe, unless you do either a solo (and just use your starter), or like a duo or trio and only use the first two or three Pokemon you catch. Anything like a Monotype or something isn't a real Nuzlocke if they just use water types and release them if they faint. That's just a monotype with a borrowed rule from the Nuzlocke challenge.
          Old April 13th, 2011 (10:19 PM).

Arrrgggg I just don't know what challenge to do. Solo, Monotype, or Nuzelocke ;_;
            There is just too many challenges

Old April 13th, 2011 (10:30 PM).
            ≫ the emperor ≪
            • Super Moderator
            • Crystal Tier

Quote:
            I never understood combining Nuzlocke with anything. It's impossibe, unless you do either a solo (and just use your starter), or like a duo or trio and only use the first two or three Pokemon you catch. Anything like a Monotype or something isn't a real Nuzlocke if they just use water types and release them if they faint. That's just a monotype with a borrowed rule from the Nuzlocke challenge.
            Pretty much. That's why you never see them get approved anyway. Heh, try to Nuzlocke Fire types on Diamond. Hooray for the winning team of Infernape and Rapidash.
            Old April 14th, 2011 (9:06 PM).
            The Flame Pokémon
            • Crystal Tier

Nature: Hardy
            OMG Spring Break tomorrow. I've got about 10 days off, so I'll actually have time to do some challenges. I'm really determined to get through the hardest of my 151 solos first, so the legends come much later. I've already done Magikarp, the only other 'problem' ones are Ditto and Abra. I'm in the process of doing Ditto right now...Transform=training issues.
            I also feel like doing a monotype for some reason. Who knows? I've got plenty of time, maybe I'll take a break at one point?

It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style.
            Old April 15th, 2011 (12:54 AM).

Before I was against doing a lot of challenges at the same time, but now I realize it is awesome because when I am in my room in my spare time feeling bored I can just open one up on the computer and go at one after making a decision between a few choices, and then my easier challenges I have on my iphone just incase I ever get bored somewhere.

It's all good 8D

Old April 15th, 2011 (7:06 AM). Edited April 15th, 2011 by myrrhman.
              Challenge God

Quote:
                Originally Posted by InfernoRogue View Post
                OMG Spring Break tomorrow. I've got about 10 days off, so I'll actually have time to do some challenges. I'm really determined to get through the hardest of my 151 solos first, so the legends come much later. I've already done Magikarp, the only other 'problem' ones are Ditto and Abra. I'm in the process of doing Ditto right now...Transform=training issues.
                I also feel like doing a monotype for some reason. Who knows? I've got plenty of time, maybe I'll take a break at one point?
                Wow, ours was over a month ago. That's a really late Spring Break...

I wish I had another break like that. I'm confident that I can at least finish Johto, Hoenn, and half of the remaining Sinnoh Monotypes in 10 days. THat would just leave me with 23 left...

Edit: ...sigh. Just saw that Shedinja can learn Sandstorm. Whyyyyyyyy
                Old April 15th, 2011 (7:55 AM).
                Engineering Solutions
                • Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
                Wow, ours was over a month ago. That's a really late Spring Break...

I wish I had another break like that. I'm confident that I can at least finish Johto, Hoenn, and half of the remaining Sinnoh Monotypes in 10 days. THat would just leave me with 23 left...

Edit: ...sigh. Just saw that Shedinja can learn Sandstorm. Whyyyyyyyy
                Well it's Easter next week (24th) so some schools have them this late because of it (Catholic schools especially).

Shedinja: /fail
                Old April 15th, 2011 (2:26 PM).
                ≫ the emperor ≪
                • Super Moderator
                • Crystal Tier

If it wasn't clear to you already, Shedinja is suicidal. :'( I like Shedinja though.

Also, it's REALLY weird using past-gen Pokemon for the main story on Black. It's just like "omg you're not supposed to be here." But...it was pretty awesome when my Squirtle was working alongside Cheren's Oshawott. :)
                Old April 16th, 2011 (1:30 PM).

YOU GUYS IT'S HORRIBLE ;_;
                  I WANTED A DS FOR MY BIRTHDAY SO I CAN GET HG AND WHITE VERSION AND TAKE PART IN THESE AWESOME CHALLENGES WITH MORE POKEMAN
                  BUT MY MOM WAS ALL LIKE "Yeah it will be easier for you to find a job when you have a car to actually drive to places, so that's what you're getting"
                  A car guys? How can I do challenges with a 94 Ford D:
                  I'll wreck it and use the scrap money whahahahahahahahahahahaha
                  or actually use it to get a job and stop sucking buy the stuff myself.... then I wouldn't have time for Pokemon.... hmmmm... this is trouble

Well my biggest regret is being stuck 5 years into the past with the gba games still (DS roms lag horribly on my computer) but I guess I haz enough challenges going on I will survive, I was just hyped for making the egg challenge before Spring was over bleh.

Old April 16th, 2011 (2:14 PM).
                  Challenge God

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LaureTheLoner View Post
                    I WANTED A DS FOR MY BIRTHDAY SO I CAN GET HG AND WHITE VERSION AND TAKE PART IN THESE AWESOME CHALLENGES WITH MORE POKEMAN
                    BUT MY MOM WAS ALL LIKE "Yeah it will be easier for you to find a job when you have a car to actually drive to places, so that's what you're getting"
                    or actually use it to get a job and stop sucking buy the stuff myself.... then I wouldn't have time for Pokemon.... hmmmm... this is trouble

Well my biggest regret is being stuck 5 years into the past with the gba games still (DS roms lag horribly on my computer) but I guess I haz enough challenges going on I will survive, I was just hyped for making the egg challenge before Spring was over bleh.
                    Ugh, that sounds like what my life is like. Parents are all like "get a job so you can live where you want to next year!" and I'm all like "but then I can't do challenges no mo!"
                    Old April 18th, 2011 (10:01 PM).
                    exile
                    • Gold Tier

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LaureTheLoner View Post

I think a car is a bit more valuable than a DS with some Pokemon Games, js.

paired to kaori & vrai
                    Old April 19th, 2011 (12:13 PM).
                    ≫ the emperor ≪
                    • Super Moderator
                    • Crystal Tier

Yeah, I agree with Karpman...I mean, a DS is nice, but with a car you can get a job and make money to buy your own, and the games. :x So yeah. Plus you need a car in life more than you need a DS.

Anyway, I just saw the weirdest challenge...and it was...very obvious someone didn't read the rules or FAQ. :[ It's a shame~! It wasn't an odd challenge, but it really had no substance. It was just...beat all main games essentially, but it had no rules, and it had this weird story, and it calculated how much all the games cost and I was just like "...well this makes me realize how much money I've spent on this series" and yeah. :x
                    Old April 19th, 2011 (1:20 PM).
                    [untitled]

Nature: Docile
                      Survival Challenge, Chess Challenge, Monotypes, Dream Themes?

There's alot!

Or you can do what I did and go through the game with the worst Pokemon accesable (I also did this without saving)
                      Old April 19th, 2011 (7:13 PM).
                      The Flame Pokémon
                      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Hardy
                      omg, took a solo break today. Playing the same game over and over and over again without a break gets pretty...bleh. Lol, only 10% done.

It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style.
                      Old April 19th, 2011 (9:31 PM).
                      My life would suck without you
                      • Crystal Tier

Well I got my Dexter challenge done, finally, only to find that Syd locked the thread...
                      Oh well, now I'll finish my Normal Monotype and my Hall of Fame.
                      Old April 19th, 2011 (9:45 PM).
                      • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sydian
                      Yeah, I agree with Karpman...I mean, a DS is nice, but with a car you can get a job and make money to buy your own, and the games. :x So yeah. Plus you need a car in life more than you need a DS.
                      I dunno, both are pretty dangerous. A DS could leave you with a bad case of addiction and it could potentially worsen somebody's vision if used for a prolonged period of time, and a car could potentially cause death, so...

...Though if it really came down to it, I'd think the car poses more of a thread than a video game console, in which the negative side efffects could be avoided by putting down the game and doing something else completely different. Like the internet.

...But then again, isn't the internet unhealthy, too? Okay I think I'm rambling a bit here but you get my point ok. :(

we're living limitless

Old April 19th, 2011 (9:49 PM).
                      ≫ the emperor ≪
                      • Super Moderator
                      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                      Well I got my Dexter challenge done, finally, only to find that Syd locked the thread...
                      Oh well, now I'll finish my Normal Monotype and my Hall of Fame.
                      Yeah, I had my reasons though. :x And I should work on HoF. I tried to work on gen V the other night, but ahhh, couldn't focus. Plus, I've been having this problem with headaches lately. I'll probably go to the doctor tomorrow. I tried working on the favorite challenge earlier...hatched my Delibird finally, but didn't feel like grinding all night. :( I haaate the desert.

Quote:
                      I dunno, both are pretty dangerous. A DS could leave you with a bad case of addiction and it could potentially worsen somebody's vision if used for a prolonged period of time, and a car could potentially cause death, so...

...Though if it really came down to it, I'd think the car poses more of a thread than a video game console, in which the negative side efffects could be avoided by putting down the game and doing something else completely different. Like the internet.

...But then again, isn't the internet unhealthy, too? Okay I think I'm rambling a bit here but you get my point ok. :(
                      lmao, I love how you come into CI&D and ignore the C part of the title! :( lol u so crazy
                      Old April 19th, 2011 (9:52 PM).
                      • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sydian
                      lmao, I love how you come into CI&D and ignore the C part of the title! :( lol u so crazy
                      I would talk about Camels but I sort of live in Florida, so I can't. :(

we're living limitless

Old April 19th, 2011 (10:00 PM).
                      ≫ the emperor ≪
                      • Super Moderator
                      • Crystal Tier

Bzzt! Wrong. I changed the thread title. :) Everyone has to do a mono-species run with Petilil now. :3
                      Quick Reply

Sponsored Links