• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Black and White Tier Lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Well just like i said before not everyone plays Smogon tiers, but as for my personal thoughts on them in gen 4 gyarados, tyranitar and metagross are fairly OU and typhlosion it´s not that sucky to be an NU i and like almost every spanish tier categorizes him as an UU pokemon. Same goes for gen 5 with the exception of gyarados that should be Uber already cuz that thing goes trough entire teams just with 2 dances and now with moxie it just needs 1 and 1 kill and GG, so even thought its one of my favorites too bye bye to him in OU usage as for my tiers that is !

Well if everyone determined their own tiers then obviously favoritism would come into play and tiers would be useless. Gyarados is checkable even at +2, good sir. Rotom-W isn't OHKO'd by anything it can muster save possibly Return, and if it's running Return Ferrothorn stuffs it still. Thundurus could come in and priority Thunder Wave it. Plus, it only reaches that stage of "unbeatableness" when you let it get +2. Hell, Whimsicott can come in and Encore the boosts and then set up Leech Seed + Substitute. :/

I don't see what the point in discussing "your own tiers" is when all it's going to be is people saying "no this is too powerful it should be here" or "haha like that's too strong! it's OU for sure" which is like exactly the same thing as what Smogon does in the first place and they end up with fairly balanced tiers. If you don't think Typhlosion is deservedly NU, go convince the people who are in charge of it that it should be NU. I mean... I don't know. I just don't see any point in "discussing your tiers" when it's not going to result in anything worth talking about in the end.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Tiers are based on usage and not usefulness, people use what works, to WIN. If you want things to move around tiers convince everyone that a certain Pokemon is good and not outclassed by other Pokemon then people will use it and as thus will be moved up a tier and if it sucks no one uses it and as thus will drop. There is no way im using Luvdisc when every single water type is better. On a similar tiering note if its broken a Pokemon will be banned through testing. Smogon's system is the most reliable and democratic out of any sites hence why nearly all respectable Pokemon sites follow it. If you want your say, participate in the suspect tests which are open to anyone, if you get high enough on the ladder you get to vote on broken Pokemons fate as well as increasing a Pokemons usage at the same time if you use it.

Also ingame=/= competitive which is the only place where tiers are relevant as said people use what WINS them games. So that Karen quote is moot.

No one is asking you to follow smogons tiers though... but you'll struggle finding battles with anyone really if your rules and tiers are really obscure and not standard.. so yeah this thread has run its cause and is rather pointless.

~Locked~

Loling at Uber Gyarados.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back