• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would you ever like to see Diamond and Pearl remade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Talk of G/S and R/S remakes has always been present, (with the former actually getting remade and fulfilling these hopes/rumors) ever since FireRed and LeafGreen was released in 2004. What about when Diamond and Pearl's "day" comes? In a number of years from now, chatter about D/P remakes will probably start to pop up, especially is Ruby and Sapphire have already been granted remakes? So, would you ever like to see Diamond and Pearl, remade? Are there any features you'd like to see enhanced or added in these hypothetical remakes?

I for one, wouldn't mind these two games getting remade, as they were two of my favorite games and I think that if they were to be remade, the remakes would be nothing short of stunning.

(Guys, I know it's too early for them to be remade now, hence the "ever" in the thread title.)

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I think... that it's really way too early to be thinking about stuff like this, tbh. I mean, what do we even think it's going to look like? Will we actually have legitimately 3D Pokemon games by then? Presumably they'd come out after a 6th generation of Pokemon... will there be like evolutions for some of those Pokemon introduced in the 4th generation by then? I dunno. Will there even be a remake? First gen was remade because of nostalgia and all that, second gen for fandom purposes... will the third gen even be touched? HECK WILL IT BE ON A NEW SYSTEM BY THEN??? :@

There are just too many questions to ask before even thinking about stuff like this for me. :(

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Seems way to early to be speculating something that is probably more then 5 years down the road. There will probably be different game mechanics with 6th Gen by then. All I know is Distortion World would definitely have full 3D effects by then. Yeah these two games probably get made, I kind of doubt pokemon will all of a sudden loving money. New games and remakes of older ones equal money so if they are guaranteed profit then it will happen.

Years
My favorite Gen 4 games. Yes, it would be really nice. Heck I would probably get back my motivation to play Pokemon games. Of course in a new console.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
It's inevitable, but we have to wait until the 6th or 7th generation.

I doubt the characters will have voices. However, there might be over 1,000 Pokemons by then!

Years
It'll be released after R/S remakes, and after Gen VI.
Probably :3

Although, it's not exactly obsolete yet is it?

-totodile42

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Maybe in about 8-10 years once we're into 6th or 7th generation. It's too soon now.

Though I'd much rather see them get remade as opposed to R/S. I may not have enjoyed the Pokemon more in D/P, but I certainly did enjoy the story more.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Gen I was remade in Gen III, and Gen II was remade in Gen IV. By that logic, we can expect to see R/S remakes for the 3DS next year, and then remakes of D/P after the next set of main series games (ie in Gen VI. But maybe Nintendo'll slow it down now we've caught up somewhat? I mean, with the release of HG/SS and B/W, we're suddenly able to get all 649 Pokemon on one cartridge, right?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haha, Nintendo aren't slowing down, they're speeding up...I'd only just heard of the DSi when DSi XL came out...the gaps between games are decreasing too...between Emerald and D/P was 2 years, yet Platinum was released only a year before Hg/Ss, which were released less than a year before Gen V arrived with BW!

I doubt I'll still be playing pokémon when they're remade (I won't be able to afford it, most likely), but it'd be cool if they were re-made...especially if they weren't so slow. And with seasons...well, who doesn't want to know what Snowpoint City is like when the snow melts?

(Speaking of seasons, as Hoenn's tropical, don't you kinda hope there'll be more tropical storms in certain seasons?)

Gilgαmesh

I think it's honestly way too soon(agreeing with the others on this) to ever see Diamond and Pearl remade. Not only this, but the B/W generation really outclasses D/P by miles. So while Team Galactic was sorta awesome and whatnot, overall, I think Team Plasma was only slightly better with the better story and whatnot.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Years
I like DPPt more than BW (Though I swear there is a Pokemon 'Grey' or something still yet to come).

Anyway, it really depends on how the games will be in the future. I like the sprites in Pokemon; if everything looks like it's trying to be the newest example in graphics I might not want to see DPPt turn out that way. But expecting something positive, why not? It would be fun to see what they wanted to portray back then in more visual detail.

Kjt

Lovatic
Years
Eventually.

But, if they're going to continue re-making games, it'd make sense for RS remakes to come next. I see it going something like this:

-"Grey"
-RS remakes
-Gen VI
-DP remakes (hopefully before Gen VI's third version).

If they're going to wait for about two years before making "grey" like they did with DP and Platinum, RS remakes will take a while (unless they're inbetween). Then Gen VI . . . but i'd love to see DP remade. Some things I'd like to see:

*Distortion World in epic 3D - they could include this like they did with the suicune storyline in HGSS, that wasn't in the originals.
*Contests again - I loved 'em. Oh and 3D poffin making.
*3D seals - i miss seals :(

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
maybe in ten years or so, I'm replaying my Platinum at the moment, and adding Charon and Giratina as a 'post Elite Four event' type thing would be awesome

There's an alert on the TV about "Strange Distortions at the Peak of Mt. Coronet and you go to see what it is...

Cyrus uses Dialga and the Diamond/Pearl Plot commences (Pre Elite Four)
Charon attempts to use Palkia and Dialga, annoying Giratina...and you know the rest (Post Elite Four)

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
If Pokemon is still alive..*shrugs* would be kinda cool to see what they come up with. I mean, I didnt hate Sinnoh, but I wasnt very particular to it either. It was just a bridge to the start of the DS Poke games. Though, from what ive seen of the series so far..Well better if I make a explanation :D. It seems if they do remake a game, there has to be at least one new region in between. Like after R/S/E, came LF/FR, and then they moved on with D/P/PL. And then they redid G/S into HG/SS, and then now they came out with Unova in B/W..ANd there is much talk of a R/S/E remake, so if it continues as is there will be a new region, then remake of D/P/Pt, and then a new region..And then a remake of Unova..continuing on and on >_<. Thats if the Pokemon series even makes it that far before it gets shut down or turned into games for 5 year olds *shrugs again*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back