• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Hack [AMIPS Released]

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
on the hack it says "can see every pokemon" does that mean you will have gen 1 to 5 pokemon?

Not unless you can do that without taking out any old ones and I don't think you can.

But I don't like the 4th and 5th gen as playing Pokemon. :P

It is true though, you will be able to see every Pokemon, not catch all though. x

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Not unless you can do that without taking out any old ones and I don't think you can.

But I don't like the 4th and 5th gen as playing Pokemon. :P

It is true though, you will be able to see every Pokemon, not catch all though. x

the problem is that when you see a pokemon, it gets listed in the pokedex, and i don't think the pokedex can go that high if you are going to see every pokemon.

xCalierz

Don't look, it kills the irony
Years
Well, just for you. lol
Spoiler:

There aren't any trainers on these Routes yet and the first screenshot is a different Route to the others. x

Those screen shots really bring out your great mapping ability.

richrdrichard

ZXspeccy
Years
This is the kind of stuff that I would love to do,but very green to this,I mean Incredible Hulk green lol.I think I will have to wait though till I come back from my hols to new zealand with my parents,dont want to go though boo hoo.Aimay your work looks amazing.I can only dream to be as good as you.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Update and Replies

This is the kind of stuff that I would love to do,but very green to this,I mean Incredible Hulk green lol.I think I will have to wait though till I come back from my hols to new zealand with my parents,dont want to go though boo hoo.Aimay your work looks amazing.I can only dream to be as good as you.

Aww, thank you richrdrichard. I'm sure you are very good and are just being modest. But if you need help with anything, just ask. x

Oh and speaking of helping, I have asked two people to help me on this hack, they are...

Complans
...And...
ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ

Complans will be helping me with some scripting and ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ will be inserting some tiles for me. x

richrdrichard

ZXspeccy
Years
Thank you Aimay you are very nice,but like I said I think I will wait till I come back from my hols so I can focus on it completely.At least for the time being I can get to know some nice people.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Updates and AMIPS Info

So it has been a while since any updates have been made.

This is due to me waiting for some scripts and tiles to be inserted.

Since I've made you wait so long, once I get the tiles inserted I will be releasing the Alpha Maps IPS.

The Alpha Maps IPS is all of the maps of the Alpha but none of the full scripts.

And why is this? Why not just wait and release the Alpha later?

Well, feedback is always appreciated and constructive critisism helps even the best of mappers. Also, everyone who uses the Alpha Maps IPS will instantly become a sort of Beta Tester.

Who here has played a hack that has supposably been Beta tested and finds a lot of tile errors? Annoying, isn't it?

So, look out for the Alpha Maps IPS and maybe there will be a few little secrets in it that will not be in the actual Alpha release. ;)

EDIT/UPDATE:

Pokemon-FireRed_01-2.png

Day

Pokemon-FireRed_02-2.png

Evening

Pokemon-FireRed_03-2.png

Night

Pokemon-FireRed_04-2.png

Morning

Just remembered about these. lol :P

Last edited:

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Super Update

Updaaaate! ^^

I have just released my AMIPS!

You can find it on the first page and also here!

A little explanation, there are no wild Pokemon in the hack, or are there any NPCS although I do think I accidently left the people in the first gym. lol
So try to avoid them. :P

Any CC is appreciated. xx

Edit:

I did leave the first gym people in, please avoid them as you do not get your Pokemon in this release.

Also, you cannot enter every building. Sorry. x

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
so is this just to show what the game will be like?

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Hmmm.... This is a great idea.... Pisses me off that i didn't think of it ^_^

But I will play the AMIPS, and Report to you ASAP.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Sorry for the double post, but I've tested the maps and here's a list of the found glitches.

*=Applies only to AMIPS, not game itself

-*Route 2 has Pokemon
-Route 17's rugged rocks diseappear when you speed up the ROM and run out of sight of the rocks, then back in quickly, allowing you into the cave
-Cave entrance leads to weird place, which itself leads into the middle of a tree in route 17. There is no way to get back out once you go in the cave.
-Route 5's Connections are strange. The right one doesn't lead anywhere.
-*NPCs in Sacred Town Pc and Mart
-PC and Mart warps in Sacred Town lead into odd places - Playable, but strange.

Hope this helped! With the Route 5 connection glitch you were only able to travel to the end of Route 5, but here's my feedback so far -

-I suggest re-mapping route 1 - too many boxy edges and a weird cliff formation
-Try to make things less squary next time you map something, odd shaped make for better maps. Things in real life aren't usually square shaped.
-In route 2, 3, and 4, you can get to sacred town without going through a single patch of grass. Try to make the player suffer a little :)
-In the AMIPS, remove any Rugged rocks or cuttable trees, surfable water (turn the 4 into a 0 in Movement perm.) ect. They restrict the player's navigation of the world.

Thats all for now. When you fix the glitches so I can get father, I will report with more.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Replies

so is this just to show what the game will be like?

Please read my earlier post for info on the AMIPS but yes, it is essentialy to show the maps and graphics of the game so far.

Hmmm.... This is a great idea.... Pisses me off that i didn't think of it ^_^

But I will play the AMIPS, and Report to you ASAP.

Thank you and please do not swear in this thread. xx

Sorry for the double post, but I've tested the maps and here's a list of the found glitches.

*=Applies only to AMIPS, not game itself

-*Route 2 has Pokemon [fixed]
-Route 17's rugged rocks diseappear when you speed up the ROM and run out of sight of the rocks, then back in quickly, allowing you into the cave [cave is not meant to go anywhere and I don't use speed thingy and suggests other don't either]
-Cave entrance leads to weird place, which itself leads into the middle of a tree in route 17. There is no way to get back out once you go in the cave. [see above]
-Route 5's Connections are strange. The right one doesn't lead anywhere. [not supposed to lead anywhere that is the end of the alpha sorry]
-*NPCs in Sacred Town Pc and Mart [fixed]
-PC and Mart warps in Sacred Town lead into odd places - Playable, but strange. [fixed]

Hope this helped! With the Route 5 connection glitch you were only able to travel to the end of Route 5, but here's my feedback so far -

-I suggest re-mapping route 1 - too many boxy edges and a weird cliff formation [awww i like that route lol]
-Try to make things less squary next time you map something, odd shaped make for better maps. Things in real life aren't usually square shaped.
-In route 2, 3, and 4, you can get to sacred town without going through a single patch of grass. Try to make the player suffer a little :) [route 2 and 4 is going to have trainers and it isn't possible to go all the way through route 3 without any grass]
-In the AMIPS, remove any Rugged rocks or cuttable trees, surfable water (turn the 4 into a 0 in Movement perm.) ect. They restrict the player's navigation of the world. [the trees and rocks will stay as they are supposed to stop the players and as for the water I don't think ill make that passable lol]

Thats all for now. When you fix the glitches so I can get father, I will report with more.

I'll upload the fixed version later, thanks for all the CC and glitch help, I may put in another town depending on this or that. lol

In case not noticed, my comments are in purple. :P x

And it's Second Town. Being the second town you visit, the names will change with full release. x

EDIT:

Here's the fixed version and I also updated the attachment in the first post.

Last edited:
Back