• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Dude, they're the same stairs you went up to get Kyurem! I said that already, but maybe I wasn't clear enough. They just appear to be a different set because the snow's not there anymore.

Ok my fault I get what you mean now, i guess that makes sense lol sorry 2 bother you guys then

Years
hi, I have a question about evs---
when I started training my tirtouga (carracosta now) I didn't pay much attention to EVs but now I'm thinking of trying some EV training even though it's too late. Since it has low speed I tried using a carbos which adds 10 speed evs, but it won't let me use it and says "will not have any effect". I assumed that was because the speed evs were full or that I had reached my total ev limit. Then when I used swift wings which add 1 speed ev each, I can add more than 10. How come I can't use the carbos but I can use the wings?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
hi, I have a question about evs---
when I started training my tirtouga (carracosta now) I didn't pay much attention to EVs but now I'm thinking of trying some EV training even though it's too late. Since it has low speed I tried using a carbos which adds 10 speed evs, but it won't let me use it and says "will not have any effect". I assumed that was because the speed evs were full or that I had reached my total ev limit. Then when I used swift wings which add 1 speed ev each, I can add more than 10. How come I can't use the carbos but I can use the wings?
Carbos cannot be used after your Pokemon has 100 Speed EVs, whereas Swift Wings can be used all the way up till you have the maximum of 255 - but of course, they only add one each. :/

FangedFreak, it depends. Could you tell us where you are in the game? Because the best place varies greatly depending on your team's current levels.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
How can I use the Global Link twice?
I screwed up.

I don't know if that is even possible.. Anyways, if you change your DS clock settings, most likely, in my experience, you will have to wait for a few hours or a maximum of 1 day to be able to recharge the energy of your game sync.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Whats the best place to grind? :) Thanks!
Before E4--

Put Lucky Egg on your Pokemon, go to Route 10, and constantly ride back and forth on your bike and fight Audinos consitantly.

After E4--

Do the same thing on any new route.

Misheard Whisper

Years
I'd recommend just sticking around Chargestone Cave, then. OR, if you want your Pokemon to have good Special Attack, go up north to Celestial Tower (I think it's called) and fight Litwick and Elgyem there. Both give Sp. Atk EVs.

Years
Why does my Emolga seem flimsy in battle? When I say "flimsy" I mean when she gets attacked, her HP bar goes down quickly as with everyone else, theirs goes down slowly. Even when it stops at 50, it goes really fast.

This pokemon is a level 69 and has lower HP than my level 62 Vanilluxe. Why? :[

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
Ok now I'm in a bit of a pinch here lol
I've decided to dump 2 of my team members
Lonely Simipour and probably lonely Sawk
I'm not sure if I'm just going to replace Sawk with another better natured fighting type
But I'm not really sure yet
I wanted to replace Simipour with a better natured water type

Anything have any ideas what might fit in my current team?

My other members are:

Sassy Serperior
Calm Galvantula
Modest Lampent (even been ev/iv trained for me)
Timid Vanilluxe

Why does my Emolga seem flimsy in battle? When I say "flimsy" I mean when she gets attacked, her HP bar goes down quickly as with everyone else, theirs goes down slowly. Even when it stops at 50, it goes really fast.

That's normal because emolga is only first evolution
first evolutions are good at first but when they grow levels they become weaker compared to multi evolutions

Last edited:
Years
Just been breeding Pokemon and they are getting three IV's with 31 and the rest random numbers.

Any tips of getting flawless IV's because I know one method is use an Ever Stone, anymore ways!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024

Additionally, each Pokémon has different stats, and theirs aren't the same. If you think that Emolga has flawed HP stats, I would recommend that you EV train it for HP stats so that they can be as high as your liking. The moves that the defending Pokémon is using may be super effective on Emolgas. If so, I would recommend using another Pokémon.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I pronounce him, Cure-em. phonetically. Which makes the most sense if you view each syllable as a whole.
Actually, the real way is the Japanese way since it has the same name. It's kyu as a whole like the letter Q then rèm/lèm (French accent ftw lol). I'm lazy and say q-rèm.

I have a question! Is there a maximum amount of Pokemon you can get from the DW? I think I read the first time I played that there was a max amount of friends you could get, but does that refer to people friends or Pokemon friends? Thanks!

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
@Zayin:

I believe the maximum amount of Pokémon to send home is 50. Fennel said something like that in the intro... I really hope it's just temporary and after the first few months or so, or when the servers get more efficient, we will get that limitation removed as well. Did Japan used to have that limitation of 50 Pokémon as well? I know they can send unlimited now, but I mean, if they used to only be able to send 50 Pokémon home into the Entree Forest, then that means this might as well be some deja vu stuff for international versions.

Bulbapedia has something about that limit of Pokémon sent to the Friend Board...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dream_World

@Bluerang1:

I say it something like Key-you - rem (Actually Q-Rem is a nice way of writing that, yeah, so I'll be echoing Zayin's post there). I don't really think pronunciation matters all too much, as long as the recipient understands what Pokémon you're talking about. The Pokémon Wikia has pronunciations for each and every species, but I'll leave it to you on it being the most accurate.

http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Kyurem

@Team Poison:

Take a read of the Breeding Guide from Smogon, maybe? http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20653

Also, a good way to pass certain perfect IV's is to let the parent hold a Power-related item. For example, if a parent holds a Power Anklet then its Speed IV will be transferred to the baby.

@Meri-tje:

Maybe Carracosta or Jellicent...Though you'll have two Ghost types if you choose Jellicent, so just be careful on that. They're rather bulky strong fellows, so they'll be pretty good on your team. As for a nature, try something that'll decrease Carracosta's Special Attack (Adamant?) and for Jellicent, do something that'll decrease its Attack (Maybe Calm or Bold since that makes it even more bulky).

For a Fighting-type replacement, maybe Mienshao would do? It's a fast li'l guy and has that awesome Regenerator ability, so it can relatively leave a battle unscathed if you switch it out enough. Adamant or Jolly here.

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

Years
@Team Poison: Additionally, only three of a bred Pokemon's stats are passed down from its parents, while the other three are randomly generated, which would explain your 31-31-31-rubbish-junk-trash spread. Your mission is to make sure that those three 31s are in the stat you want! BD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back