• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Raging Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Pokémon Raging Fury

+Hack Info+
Hack Name - Pokémon Raging Fury
Hack of - Fire Red
Language - English

Owner - Adamb241
Co-Owner - ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ

+Storyline+
Team Fury has always been well known around the Xoern Region. A gang whose intentions have never been fully understood by the general public. Your father, more commonly referred to as "Mr. Andrews" has recently taken control of the chapter located in South Xoern. Under his iron fist, the gangs' intentions have started shifting. Instead of the normal petty crimes normal associated with Team Fury, they have been committing more sinister crimes geared towards the numerous Pokémon trainers around the region. Fast forward a few years, today is the day you are finally old enough to become a full fledged member of Team Fury. As a child, you were sheltered from the true evils of what was really happening with in the gang. After receiving your first Pokémon, you start to partake in gang related activities, but as time goes on, you start to realize that there is a hidden motive to the gang's actions, a sinister goal that Team Fury is trying to achieve. Will you go along with the plan? Or rebel against your own family to ensure the safety of the world.

+Features+

• New Region - Explore the brand new Xoern Region.
  • New Tiles - Beautiful tiles that compliment the feeling of the region.
  • New Storyline - Creative storyline that features the player as the "bad guy".
  • New Scripts - This is kind of a no brainier.
  • De-capitalization - Does this really need an explanation?
  • Side Quests - Plenty of optional side quests to keep you engaged.
  • Custom Sprites - Plenty of new sprites to keep things fresh.
  • New Enemies - Multiple rivals that won't make the players life easy.
  • New Move Sets - New, Creative move-sets that keep things interesting.
  • Gen 4/Gen 5 Pokémon - Select Pokemon from the advanced generations.
+Current Team+
Adamb241 - Mapping, Scripting
ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ - Tile Inserting, Mapping
-Ty- - Spriting

+Screenshots+
3-4.png
5-1.png
6.png
4-2.png
2-8.png
1-11.png
1-10.png

Older:
Spoiler:

*Some pictures may be outdated, check the latest update for the most recent pictures.

Xoren Region Pok
édex
Spoiler:

+Credits+
Tiles - Wesley FG
Tiles - kyledove
Tiles - Zelix
Tiles -
ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ
Random help/Bug Fixing - NarutoActor
Assorted OW's - AimayBee
Tiles - Trevor
Tiles - Calis projects
D/P Sprites -
Quilava's Master
Fakemon - Samson

Tiles -
Zein
Tiles - Alistair

Ti
les - alucus
Tiles - NT
Tiles - scarex

Tiles - prince legendario
Tiles - Red-eX
Tiles - femok

+Bug/Glitches+

• Having the woman in Sleepywood Forest heal your Pokémon darkens the pallet.
  • Spelling/Grammatical Errors
  • D/P Cries aren't inserted
  • Some Pokedex text doesn't line up
+Extra Info+

We are currently looking for help with this hack, as of now, we only have two people doing the majority of the work. We could really use some more help, especially with Banner Making and
Scripting. Please PM me if you wish to apply for a position, even if we aren't currently looking for your skill, we will take your application into consideration.

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Hey the thread is up :D the thread looks good and screenshots at well, but the name is kinda cheesy no?

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
There's an error in the first screenshot, also will you have a rival or anything like that? The hack does look good though.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Hey the thread is up :D the thread looks good and screenshots at well, but the name is kinda cheesy no?

I like the name so....I don't think it's that cheesy!

There's an error in the first screenshot, also will you have a rival or anything like that? The hack does look good though.

Well, I don't want to spoil any surprises but the game will feature multiple rivals. All of which bring a different challenge to the table.

Also, if you are interested in helping out, feel free to drop me a PM or post in the team thread. We could really use the help!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Nice this hack is simply wonderful. I hope to see more from you, it's refreshing to see a better hack appear. (In stead of all the rubish that seems to pleg the progressive hacks)

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
I like the name so....I don't think it's that cheesy!

well, the hack name doesn't matter, what matters is the mapping and scripting,which i hope will be good enough to impress more people.

Ettadara

Fanfiction Writer
Years
Ooh, sounds good. Can't wait for the beta. :)

If I knew how to work on hacks (I never have before), I'd ask if I could help with the spelling and grammar bugs you mentioned.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
On the first map, what is the point of the ledges? Are they just decoration.

On the second map, why are the dirt paths so big.
The tree placement is nice, but I think you guys should work on the maps.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Nice this hack is simply wonderful. I hope to see more from you, it's refreshing to see a better hack appear. (In stead of all the rubish that seems to pleg the progressive hacks)
Thanks! Glad you like the first few screenies and the storyline.

Ooh, sounds good. Can't wait for the beta. :)

If I knew how to work on hacks (I never have before), I'd ask if I could help with the spelling and grammar bugs you mentioned.

Thanks for the offer, but I think we can handle the grammatical errors our self.

About the maps, like you, this is the first time I'm seeing them. They will need to be editied by me and talked about a bit more. I see things I don't like and that will be changed, so don't worry. I think he was just posting these for a little update to show the new tiles. It's been a little while since I've scripted an event so he didn't want to make the thread seem dead already.

And E.C., you can post any updates you want, but lets talk about them next time!

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021

yea, i never make the paths big, but i gave it a try this time, as for the ledge, i put it for a faster way back down (pretty obvious no?)

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
April 24th Update!

Here are a few screen shots from Route 1 (which is comprised of two parts), and a few of the new events. You can also see some of the new tiles that were inserted for this update.

1-7.jpg
4-1.jpg
3-1.jpg
2-4.jpg

Please continue to comment and remember we still have openings in our team, so please apply!

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I really love the tiles and the storyline is quite interesting, so keep up the great work.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... Pokémon Raging Fury, eh? It has quite an interesting looking storyline to it, it explains very well about what Team Fury really is, it also explains about the hero being part of Team Fury. As for the tiles in the ROM hack... well I'd have to say that some of them are still the default FireRed tiles, like the inside of a house tiles surely need to be changed, and I would also suggest changing the inside of a cave tiles as well (that is if it has any) and changing the hero's sprite, which I do assume that you are going to change the hero's sprite, correct?

Anyways, I hope you do very well with the ROM hack, it sure does sound pretty intriguing. Best of luck to ya. ;)

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
I really love the tiles and the storyline is quite interesting, so keep up the great work.

Thanks.

Hm... Pokémon Raging Fury, eh? It has quite an interesting looking storyline to it, it explains very well about what Team Fury really is, it also explains about the hero being part of Team Fury. As for the tiles in the ROM hack... well I'd have to say that some of them are still the default FireRed tiles, like the inside of a house tiles surely need to be changed, and I would also suggest changing the inside of a cave tiles as well (that is if it has any) and changing the hero's sprite, which I do assume that you are going to change the hero's sprite, correct?

Anyways, I hope you do very well with the ROM hack, it sure does sound pretty intriguing. Best of luck to ya. ;)

Well we haven't inserted any indoor tile-sets yet, hopefully we will eventually have indoor tiles and cave tiles. As of now, I don't have a spriter to make a new OW for the player, but eventually, yes, we will be changing it.

Years
Nice storyline, it's very interesting! But I must say the tree and wild grass tiles don't go well with the other tiles. I'm pretty sure you can find better tiles. Anyway, that's my opinion you don't have to listen to me. :P

Good luck with this hack! :)

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Nice storyline, it's very interesting! But I must say the tree and wild grass tiles don't go well with the other tiles. I'm pretty sure you can find better tiles. Anyway, that's my opinion you don't have to listen to me. :P

Good luck with this hack! :)
if you have any suggestions on which tiles to use, please tell me, i want to make this a hack that everyone can enjoy.

hey thanks

house and cave tiles come after, as for the hero ow, until we get a spriter, that ow is staying the same, so if you want the hero ow changed, don't hesitate to join.

I see potential here. I must say, the tree tiles are marvelous.

hey thanks, its nice to see someone appreciate my tile inserting (well you complimented on the tree, which isn't mine :\) but anyways, im glad you like it.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hmmmm... :) I approve this hack :D
Awesome Story
Awesome Tiles
Awesome Awsome ness :3

I shall even Subscribe to the thread <3 just for you :D

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Hmmmm... :) I approve this hack :D
Awesome Story
Awesome Tiles
Awesome Awsome ness :3

I shall even Subscribe to the thread <3 just for you :D

hey im glad you like it :D me and adamb241 put a lot of work into this hack.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
So is your first Pokemon going to be Aron?

And Mr. Andrews. lol Sounds like Mr. Anderson. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back