• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon darkblack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
Pokémon Darkblack
Yes,that one
Story
You're a 15 year old boy/girl.Your dad got killed in an accident 7 years ago,so it's just you and your mom. You and your best friend always go look at the pokémon in dawn path on saturdays, but this time you see no pokémon(s?) just an old guy, standing there, mumbling... you go look, he spots you and gives you a pokémon.You go back home. The next day, you go over to your friends house. You and your friends are pokémon trainers now! but your mom...She's Gone!
Features

RTC and seasons*

No pokedex*.
Pretty maps.
Witty text.
A new region.
You and your freinds will travel different ways,but they will occacionally give you intel.
The gym leaders also have intel.
No being female*.
* as soon as I find out how

Screenshots

Pokemon-FireRedGBA.png
zekrom2.png

Pokemon-FireRedGBA2.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA0.png

Naamloos2.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA1.png

Pokemon-FireRedGBA3.png

Credits

alistair
Lalo0101
darkdragon(?)
alucus
calis projects
zein
princelegendario
anbuja's_bloody
kyledove
Zelix
Me

Beta
None yet.

I need a scripter,I fail at scripting,so if you can script,and you're nice, please apply

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Hey The Thread Is Up!!
Awesome!!!:D:D You Know That I Like How This Hack Is Looking Dude:D:D
Well Of That Tile Error Your Aware But It's Fixed Until Now:D
Anyway This Looks Very Intersting And That Hariyama Event Is Cool Too...
Good Luck On This;)

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
i saw this back at the legacy forums, looks good, keep at it.

hackerofdarkness

I have return
Years
Looks good Robert either way you did a fantastic job with using different pals either way you know I'll be a supporter Robert :).

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
quotes
Spoiler:

Peanut-butter-update time!
Meet the hero:
attachment.php

Also,something else:Darkblack may have some nifty features!!
I'm talking Secret bases,cutscenes,seasons and stuff!
Keep posting,I love you all.

Attachments

• afbeelding1.jpg
    afbeelding1.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 2,129

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hmmm... This all looks good perfect story screens and features ... name seems awfully odd. but hey! it's just me.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
Hmmm... This all looks good perfect story screens and features ... name seems awfully odd. but hey! it's just me.
Let me explain:Zekrom(main legendarie)=black.
pokémon Black=copyright Nintendo, meaning:black=me being sued.
darkblack=nintendo:) and me :)
Besides, it's better than lightblack.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Let me explain:Zekrom(main legendarie)=black.
pokémon Black=copyright Nintendo, meaning:black=me being sued.
darkblack=nintendo:) and me :)
Besides, it's better than lightblack.

wasn't there a hack called pokemon black before the official black and white were released? if so, then they stole the name, but we couldn't do anything about it because if they find out about all the people hacking their games, we could get into some trouble no?

marcc5m

what
Years

wasn't there a hack called pokemon black before the official black and white were released? if so, then they stole the name, but we couldn't do anything about it because if they find out about all the people hacking their games, we could get into some trouble no?

If GameFreak stole the name then that would mean they come on to Pokecommunity, and in that case Pokecommunity would've had to be closed down probably.

Anyway R0bert, this is looking pretty nice so far, although the mapping could definitely be doing with some work, and that grass tile has got to go. Maybe using HGSS styled grass? I was using those same tiles ages ago in I/S and HGSS styled grass worked out a lot better. Title screen is decent, but maybe a smaller/better font? More scripts please. And the story...is one big fail. Sorry, but honestly, you and your friend just randomly decide one day to become Pokemon Trainers? Guy randomly gives you a Pokemon? Could be doing with a lot of work. Btw I know where your Mother is. For the features, you've said RTC and Seasons. Ok, with that smexy new tool seasons are easy, but for the RTC, what are you really going to do with it? RTC imo is better when it is used for time-based events, however you say you cannot script. For the no Pokedex...just don't set the flag. And the whole sexism thing, why not just give the player a choice of two different outfits? Anyway, hope to see some more of this soon :)

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
If GameFreak stole the name then that would mean they come on to Pokecommunity, and in that case Pokecommunity would've had to be closed down probably.

Anyway R0bert, this is looking pretty nice so far, although the mapping could definitely be doing with some work, and that grass tile has got to go. Maybe using HGSS styled grass? I was using those same tiles ages ago in I/S and HGSS styled grass worked out a lot better. Title screen is decent, but maybe a smaller/better font? More scripts please. And the story...is one big fail. Sorry, but honestly, you and your friend just randomly decide one day to become Pokemon Trainers? Guy randomly gives you a Pokemon? Could be doing with a lot of work. Btw I know where your Mother is. For the features, you've said RTC and Seasons. Ok, with that smexy new tool seasons are easy, but for the RTC, what are you really going to do with it? RTC imo is better when it is used for time-based events, however you say you cannot script. For the no Pokedex...just don't set the flag. And the whole sexism thing, why not just give the player a choice of two different outfits? Anyway, hope to see some more of this soon :)
Yeah...story needs some a lot of work.
I can't script,true.wanna script for me?
ass for the grass,I used it to begin with,but it takes too much space in the 1st tileset,the animations will look crappy and it takes too much time to map with it.
If you don't have a pokedex,what will happen when you catch a pokémon?
outfits,good idea,but how do you edit the multichoice?(Boy/girl)
And you shall see more.I'm inserting some very nice tiles right now,I can post some screenies tomorrow.
BTW,you don't know where my mom is.

marcc5m

what
Years
Yeah...story needs some a lot of work.
I can't script,true.wanna script for me?
ass for the grass,I used it to begin with,but it takes too much space in the 1st tileset,the animations will look crappy and it takes too much time to map with it.
If you don't have a pokedex,what will happen when you catch a pokémon?
outfits,good idea,but how do you edit the multichoice?(Boy/girl)
And you shall see more.I'm inserting some very nice tiles right now,I can post some screenies tomorrow.
BTW,you don't know where my mom is.

Yup.
Uhh...uhh...I can't script.
I have an animation for it that looks fine. I could PM you it if you want. But either way, good looking grass that takes up lots of room > bad looking grass that doesn't take up much.
Good point. Why not just give the player a Pokedex then? Since it is one of the most important parts of Pokemon. Or just change the text so that instead of saying the Pokemon's data was recorded in the Pokedex, it just says something like "Here is some info on Pikablu".
Just change the text.
:D
Oh trust me. I do ;)

Edit: My 200th post was in your thread. Lucky you.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
Yup.
Uhh...uhh...I can't script.
I have an animation for it that looks fine. I could PM you it if you want. But either way, good looking grass that takes up lots of room > bad looking grass that doesn't take up much.
Good point. Why not just give the player a Pokedex then? Since it is one of the most important parts of Pokemon. Or just change the text so that instead of saying the Pokemon's data was recorded in the Pokedex, it just says something like "Here is some info on Pikablu".
Just change the text.
:D
Oh trust me. I do ;)

Edit: My 200th post was in your thread. Lucky you.
true, but 'bad looking' grass that still fits in my tileset>good looking grass that doesn't.But I'll fink about it,so yeah,PM me please.
Great idea!(seriously?Pikablu?(at least use something original,like poopip.)
XD
No you don't,only Minkey the Monk Mankey knows :/
Lucky me!(In your face,Justin Bieber!)

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
You bloody sexist :P
Why not being female
I am a girl so playing the girl sprite
I don't understand why you'd go with something as bugging as that
But it's your hack
Best of luck with it

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
After looking a bit closer... this hack seems farmaliar have you ever posted this before ??

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
You bloody sexist :P
Why not being female
I am a girl so playing the girl sprite
I don't understand why you'd go with something as bugging as that
But it's your hack
Best of luck with it
I know :P
no girl sprite here,you should be happy!
...I'm sexist.
yes it is.
thanks!
After looking a bit closer... this hack seems farmaliar have you ever posted this before ??
Yeah,on PHO (why did you ninja me?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back