• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First of, Generation 5 is V in Roman numerals. :(

Secondly, there is none on this site. There maybe a few Gen V Pokemon inserted into random games, but unfortunately there is no full on Gen V hacks.

Sorry. :x

Just wanna point out that after I've stated that this is the wrong thread to ask where to find hacks, you shouldn't come in with an answer like this. I understand you were trying to help, but it was more like you were overriding what I've already said, and thus people will assume it's okay to ask about hacks if people are going to answer over what I've stated already.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Hi people.

I wanna know:
¿Is possible to travel to Kanto in Pokemon Emerald? ¿Or to other place, apart of the Battle Frontier?

Nope, only HeartGold and SoulSilver allow you to travel the Kanto region as a huge add on brought from GSC. Unfortunate to your luck, the only other place you can travel to in Emerald is the Battle Frontier really. :c

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I recently got the dreaded "internal battery has run dry" message on my Sapphire Version. I was planning to play through it again sometime soon and would like to know if anyone had the full list of "time based events" which are affected by the fact that there is no longer a running clock.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
-Shoal Cave tides
-Berry growth
-Department store sales
-Berry man in Lilycove
-TM man in Pacifidlog
-Berry girl in Sootopolis
-Basically anyone that gives you a Berry or something daily, lol

I think that's most of them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
I have fire red for DS, well I play it on a DS, how can I trade pokemon with leaf green to evolve them as there's no wireless?

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Unfortunately, you can't do any multiplayer functions for Game Boy Advance games using the DS. Here's a statement Nintendo.com released about it in their FAQ:

• What it can play:
  • Game Boy Advance games in single-player mode only
  • Game Boy Advance videosWhat it cannot play:
  • Original Game Boy or Game Boy Color games
  • Game Boy Advance games in multi-player modeWhy there are limitations:
    There are two main reasons that the Nintendo DS is not compatible with older software. For one, the system is designed for wireless play and lacks a link cable port. Because older games aren't designed to use the wireless features, they can't communicate for multiplayer games.
    Also, the Nintendo DS lacks the special processor that is required to play these games. Because of the age of the processor, and the difficulty in adding that processor to an already highly complicated architecture, the processor was not included in the final design of the DS.

And the source. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/ds/faq.jsp#gameboy

Sorry about that!

If you still want your Pokémon to evolve or something, you can always migrate them over to a Diamond/Pearl game. Of course, this unfortunately doesn't help you in your situation of having them on the Pokédex in FireRed/LeafGreen, nor having them at all, really...

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
Ok after reading the whole damn faq I can finally conclude it's not in there
And here I was thinking this would be a faq...

Anyway, my question: I can't find working gameshark codes for pokémon encounters in 3rd gen
The cheats to get teleported when you go through a door and stuff work fine though

So what did I do wrong?
Do I have an incompatible rom, or are the codes wrong, or...

And is there any other way to hack in wild pokémon?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Ok after reading the whole damn faq I can finally conclude it's not in there
And here I was thinking this would be a faq...

Anyway, my question: I can't find working gameshark codes for pokémon encounters in 3rd gen
The cheats to get teleported when you go through a door and stuff work fine though

So what did I do wrong?
Do I have an incompatible rom, or are the codes wrong, or...

And is there any other way to hack in wild pokémon?

Sorry but we're not aloud to give out cheat codes on here no more. :( If I were you, I'd go search Google, they'll be out there somewhere.

Years
Hey guys, on pokemon emerald i have this vapoureon level 81 that knows surf and i wanted to transfer it to my pokemon heart gold but it cant forget surf, that move deleter says that this move is too well leared for it to be forgotton but ive worked realy hard and i dont want it to go to waste please help me!!

Perriechu

Years
Hey guys, on pokemon emerald i have this vapoureon level 81 that knows surf and i wanted to transfer it to my pokemon heart gold but it cant forget surf, that move deleter says that this move is too well leared for it to be forgotton but ive worked realy hard and i dont want it to go to waste please help me!!

There's nothing you can do, \: Vaporeon cannot be transfered now. :(

Years
  • Seen yesterday

If the Move Deleter won't make Vaporeon forget Surf, it can be for one or both of the following reasons:

1. Vaporeon is the only Pokemon you have that knows Surf, or

2. Surf is the only move Vaporeon knows.

If the first scenario is the case, then just teach Surf to another Pokemon, then try having Vaporeon forget it again. If it knows only Surf, then teach it a move via TM or the Move Relearner (he is located in Fallarbor Town and charges a Heart Scale for his services) then take it back to the Move Deleter.

If you try both and it still won't forget Surf, then you may have to raise another from scratch.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
Would anyone be able to help me? I cant seem to be able to make a cave entrance work in my Hack of LG. I can go in but not back out. Someone please PM me to help me. I would much appreciate it. // And does anyone know where I can find a ROm of the Pokemon Trading Card Game?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This thread is for asking about official games I'm afraid. And you'll have to Google the ROM, since we're not allowed to link or distribute them. Sorry.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
So I can not help but wonder something.
I recently restarted my Emerald and am trying for a shiny treeko. I have been hard resetting which is just using the power switch because yesterday when I started the task I realized that the soft resetting button combination 'Start + Select + Left + Right', does not work on Gameboy Advanced games in the DS.

So what I want to know is, hard resetting would still work wouldn't it? I always hear people talk about soft resetting when talking about shiny hunting and I know I have achieved female starters via hard resetting but I can't help but wonder if it is ok for shinies too.

Perriechu

Years
So I can not help but wonder something.
I recently restarted my Emerald and am trying for a shiny treeko. I have been hard resetting which is just using the power switch because yesterday when I started the task I realized that the soft resetting button combination 'Start + Select + Left + Right', does not work on Gameboy Advanced games in the DS.

So what I want to know is, hard resetting would still work wouldn't it? I always hear people talk about soft resetting when talking about shiny hunting and I know I have achieved female starters via hard resetting but I can't help but wonder if it is ok for shinies too.

Pressing L, R, Start & Select should soft reset your game, I just tested it, maybe one of your buttons is faulty or something. \:

Anyway, I think HR is still an option, SR'ing is just faster and easier.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years

Pressing L, R, Start & Select should soft reset your game, I just tested it, maybe one of your buttons is faulty or something. \:

Anyway, I think HR is still an option, SR'ing is just faster and easier.

I know the combination, and my buttons are fine. It works fine with my pokemon Black, but it does not work with my Emerald.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wrong combination for GBA games. You're looking for A+B+start+select. Try that instead. Good luck with your Treecko, btw. I was trying for one myself. Got bored though, lmao.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Wrong combination for GBA games. You're looking for A+B+start+select. Try that instead. Good luck with your Treecko, btw. I was trying for one myself. Got bored though, lmao.

Ah ok, I am in my Ruby now searching for a Phanpy in the Safari Zone but I will be sure to give that a try tomorrow and let you know.

Yeah I tried for a shiny Chikorita in my Soul Silver for about a week then I got bored and anxious to start playing so I gave up. XP
But I refuse to give up this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back