• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If memory serves me right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Ohhhh my god. You're back! To be perfectly honest, since you seemed to disappear so suddenly and without warning/reason, I... morbidly assumed you'd died. D: And then today I got a text from Mork at 4am, woke up and read it, and fell back asleep. Woke up again firmly believing that the text had been a dream and then had to rush to my computer to believe it when I checked my phone and the text was still there. :P

I don't think we were ever super close, mostly confining our interaction to the occasional (group?) msn chat and mostly the HQ but I've still missed you. You were definitely one of the most brilliant higher staff we've ever had and clearly, that's something that was never forgotten. I'm very glad you took the time to write all that out as an explanation because I was always curious as to what could have kept you away so out of the blue and... that is quite the explanation. *hugs* You went through a lot and I'm so glad you're alright and, seemingly, back to your old self after all that. That takes a lot of bravery and just as much so to tell the story instead of leaving us wondering with a brief "hi i'm back" (which would still have been acceptable haha), so thank you!

PC's changed a lot over the years but hopefully you'll fit right back in and it'll be like you never left. ♥ But first Mr Cat Dog, then you... who in the world could be next? Does this mean that whole rapture thing scheduled this weekend is actually true!?

(Also high five for fellow insomniac!)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
It seems like so many old 'faces' are showing up on PC out of the blue lately. Its great to have more and more veterans come back to the site after long bouts of inactivity. Welcome back!

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
oh my god.

I'm not.. even entirely sure what to say, but welcome back! :D

I've stumbled onto your profile, and / or old posts before, and I've always thought that it was a shame that you left the way you did, because you seemed pretty cool. It's hard to believe that you ended up coming back here after going through so much, but I'm glad to see you back around. Though, it's hard for me to remember whether or not you left before I joined in mid '05, probably because you're still so remembered by people.

Edit: Waiittt, you were around after I joined. xD No wonder I remember actually seeing you posting around, then.

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
Relogged in after a long time just to respond to this.

Kaga, you don't know how much I've missed you in general. Not on PC, but just as a friend in general. You were the cool older brother figure to my then 15 year old self and I loved our old conversations on MSN and on PC in various fanclubs. The last signature was the Sakura one I made you! I'm not going to forget that just like I haven't forgot you at all! I still hope you remember me. I'm sure others can attest that I've spoken of you in the highest regards to people who didn't know you! You've left a lasting impact! I'm going to say that I've also stalked you as well, feeling that you might have left due to financial reasons and once or twice it has brought me to tears thinking of where you were right now or even if you were still alive. Your past is making me tear up again as I write this. I may not be on PC anymore, but please, let's keep in touch if we can. PC's changed a lot from when you left and I'm sure I have as well along with yourself. Stay in touch okay? It means a lot to me and others that you took the time to write this. You're such a brave person and I still look up to you as I had before. That MSN username better not just be there for kicks!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I never knew you, but I do remember seeing your posts around when I first joined and I also remember how much people missed you after you left and were talking about whatever happened to you, so it's great to see you back! It's crazy what you've been through but i'm glad you were able to go to school and study history (also one of my favorite subjects, very nice). You obviously had your reasons for leaving but like everyone else, i'm glad to see you back :)

Years
o______0

PC's old guard are like, returning, one by one.

Welcome back though! It's obvious that you've been through quite a lot the past few years, I can't imagine how hard that must have been. But I think you'll find PC to be a nice escape for that, things may have changed a lot since then, but there's still plenty of good people left. :) Welcome home.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
We never really got to know each other back in the day but I'd be lying if I said I didn't witness your unique posts and the very creation of your 'legacy' after your sudden departure. One thing's for sure - this was a pleasant surprise that managed to catch everyone off-guard. Glad to hear you're alive and well.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
There's only a handful of us still around that was around back when you disappeared. Many of us wondered and worried on what happened to you. Like Erica said... some of us thought the worst, you dropped off the map without any word so we feared the worst.
I don't think any of us can accept your apology because you have nothing to apologize for. After reading all of that I think we in some small way can understand what was going on, and we all can see that you had a lot of hardships to deal with. So saying "sorry" to us... I don't think it's needed (we might have missed the friendship there, might have wondered and worried, but look at what you had going on at the time). We're just glad you're not dead, and that you remembered us and took the time to say hi and put all of our wonders to rest on what happened to you.

After reading all of that (and please don't make another wall of text that big again... I normally skim or don't read tl;dr... but since I wanted to find out what happened I read it all... and now my head hurts XD) sounds like you still got a good bit ahead of you but at the same time sounds like most of the hard stuff is behind you. I know a lot of people take things for granted (I'm one of them people), but you had it rough and you had to fight to get what you wanted and sounds like you got it. Might not have been exactly what you wanted, or when you wanted it, but sounds like it worked out.

Welcome back to PC, Kaga. A lot has changed around PC, some of us who are still around might also have changed a little. But I think if you search hard enough you'll find little pieces of PC you once knew, if not in the forums then in the members from days of old. Damn that sounded sappy and old like... But I'll run with it. XD

Years
I feel like I'm missing a million things but I took some NyQuil so I am spacing out.

Welcome back! Honestly, I don't know what to say. I never thought I'd see you back again, not after this long and how suddenly you disappeared. And, well... after reading your post I can certainly understand why you'd leave. Honestly if I were facing that kind of situation I'd probably leave PC, too. I'm really glad to hear you're okay and that you were able to sort everything out.

PC's changed a lot, but the feel is still pretty much the same. You should be able to fit in just fine again, I think. :)

Years
Allow me to introduce myself.

I am the Absolute Supreme Overlord of Darkness. My purpose in this life is to rule the universe! The Darkness pulses through my veins granting me ultimate POWER! Embrace the Darkness! Defeat the Divine Light! For the Light blinds the human mind and causes humans to act recklessly on emotion. Dark Justice is absolute; it forgoes emotion and relies purely on logically constructed facts and assumptions. No matter how fast Light travels, Darkness will always be waiting.

All of the fools who dare oppose my absolute supremacy, shall suffer my overwhelming wrath in the eternally black abyss of hell! The icing terror of despair shall sink into the souls of my enemies as the blackest darkness covers this planet. Numbed with fear, they watch helplessly as the Dark lord rises to power. For dominance is not enough - I demand Absolute Supremacy! There is No Hope in Hell for those who pointlessly stand against me.

I decided to read your 4000+ wall of text for the hell of it. It was well worth my time, as you provided me with an excellent read and I blitzed through it in about ten minutes. Truly you are a gifted individual, though with your writing ability, you should have done an English degree!

I actually know a guy, who is one of the admins on DGz - another forum - who was having serious financial difficulties. He was close to completing his degree but without the necessary money, he would have to abandon his degree and head back home. His situation was extremely complex - it had some similarities to yours. He ended up making a very lengthy post on DGz explaining his dire situation and at the end of his post, he requested for people to donate money to help him finish his degree. He explicitly stated that this was his last resort and that he did not wish to involve DGz with his own personal problem, but it seemed, he had no other options.

He turned to his friends where you ditched them. I'm sure you realize that was your biggest mistake. Even I, master of Darkness have friends to support me through tough times. None on PC though. Anyway, I ended up donating some money to that man and let me tell you this - he isn't my friend. I once adored him, but upon closer inspection, got annoyed with his philosophical bullcrap and his wall of texts - much how I imagine there are people who are tired of my antics. He even suspended my ass for trolling the hell out of the DGz tranny. Good times, Livewire, good times. I gave him that money because I wanted him to finish off his education and get his degree. I truly believe education should be free for those who are willing to learn and grow stronger. It's an idea I am tinkering around with and plan to implement once I take over the world.

But I digress. You made yourself your own worst enemy by abandoning one of your greatest sources of strength.

Your friends.

I don't even know why I'm hammering this point in, when you probably already realize but I suppose it's to make sure you never make that mistake again. Ever. I wouldn't even be half of what I am today if it wasn't for my friends. Perhaps that would have been better for the world though.

You know, I used to be a forum administrator. I did a decent job during my rule but much like yourself, I eventually ended up abandoning my post and ditching the forum for my own selfish reasons. Unlike you however, I went out with a bit of a bang by posting a leaving thread, immediately followed by deleting my account. About a month later, I returned and explained my reasons for leaving, but unlike you, I did not give an apology because I felt I did not need to give one - that and I can be a stubborn bastard sometimes. I understand the reasons behind your apology though. You were not of sound mind and you made some bad decisions - you let your rage and agony consume you instead of harvesting it to make yourself stronger. Such a concept I refer to as "Embracing the Darkness". Perhaps you understand where I'm coming from.

Anyway, it's great to see such a brilliant mind back on the right track. All the best in your future.

Regards,

-Overlord Drakow

Drakow

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Holy shitake mushrooms! That was as intense as one of those Lifetime movies my mum keeps watching, but this one was all real. God... I'm still kinda in shock! Welcome back, and wow, and welcome back again!

You shouldn't be as shocked as me returning (as well as LilyPichu as Lily now). If you think you were self-absorbed, irrational and melodramatic as and 18-year-old, then you make me as a 15-year-old appear positively psychotic upon leaving!

Again, I'm still in shock, and this welcome is certainly not good enough... but it'll have to do for now! I'm just going to say 'wow' to myself for a few minutes an slap myself to make sure this is real.

I do beat you in terms of length of absence: 1,991 FTW!

Oh dear, I hope this doesn't start an epidemic of PC members slapping themselves now. I can't afford a good lawyer!

But seriously, thanks for the welcomes! I definitely feel well and truly welcomed now XD And welcome back yourself! By all rights I should have been here when you got back from your absence, so allow me to offer you my belated welcome, hah. I think we need to open an ex-S-Mod guild or something. I already miss that sexy orange name, but the responsibility not so much :p (at least for now)

Why do you have to have such a cool length of absence number :<

Holy crap....welcome back

Mmmmmm, I do love the shock and surprise. Thanks for the welcome!

Oh. My god.

Oh. My god.

Ohmygod you're back I can't even OMG.

Reading your story made me cry. Like seriously. But I'm glad that things did get better, and WOW. YOU'RE BACK.

I mean, I idolized you. When I was young and you were around. Sorry if that sounds weird but your were like... my favorite person ever.

And you're back.

Wow.

I'm having real trouble preventing myself from excitedly screaming.

Yeah, I do believe I recall a youngster by your name when I was here before! I know I VMed you with this already, but maybe this time I'll give you an actual reason to respect me, hah. Cutting off your friends and shirking responsibilities for half a decade isn't exactly what heroes are made of :p

Looking forward to what will certainly be a great friendship!

Wow. I didn't know you because you left before I joined but... That's amazing. I seriously feel like I'm going to cry. That was amazing how you stood up to your father.

And yes, I read all of that.

If it touches and inspires others, it was worth it for me. He's not even a thought in my mind these days even though we're under the same roof for the time being. I, for one, laugh reading it, as that story is so absurd that I can't believe I ever actually lived it XP Thanks for reading! I tried to make it halfway engaging and not a total sob story!

So you're the famous Chairman Kaga that Anna idolizes?
Nice to meet ya!

Anyway, even though I didn't know you before, I hope to get to know you soon!

All this idolizing is making me uncomfortable XD I was just an S-Mod who posted a lot, I swear! If you want to meet other mods who vanquished the various dragons of PC's past, I can turn you in their direction, hah. I'm sure we'll have good times!

Its always nice to see a vet returning; and that's quite a interesting read! ^^
We haven't met beffore, buuuut, glad to get to know ya~ :3

WELCOME BACK WAFFLES ARE ON THE TOASTERRRR~ :3

Hi Yatterman villain person! I do loves me some waffles, om nom nom.

Dude, you seriously need to tl;dr that stuff you got there. For now, since I really can't be assed reading this late at night, I'll just think of "Hey I'm black bla bla bla and yeah, I'm back" if that's okay with you. :)

Welcome back anyway, and yeah I have no idea who you are, but if you're legendary according to people, then it must be true then. :P Maybe some of your legen -wait for it... -daryness can rub off onto my skin or something. *hopes for a miracle* :P

I was hoping that people who didn't remember me would see the italicized moral of the story toward the opening, but I guess the post is rather frightening to anyone not desperate for answers over my disappearances XD

If you up and disappear for five years as well, you too can build a legend around your name! Better get crackin', it's a long time! :D

I read all of that (even though it is 10 minutes to midnight).

Wow just wow. Welcome back.

Someday they will write a book about you.

I'm fairly confident that if you look in the dictionary, you'll find my name under "idiot". Especially after today with me finding out how much time I wasted away from here XD

Man. You were not kidding when you said it was going to take you a while to draft this post. I haven't finished reading it yet, but I felt like replying! It's really good to have you back under this account (only you can make Kaga's lines work so awesomely) Like I said before, your post is probably one of the few text walls I've been looking forward to reading here and even though I've just woken up, it's definitely grabbed my attention! Was actually looking forward to it like a kid on Christmas Eve, oh how lame I am... It really is awesome to see you back, I know there are tons of people you made an impact on and who have been waiting for your return for quite some time. I'm sure everyone has a story to tell, but you're one of the few people that can really make it something incredibly worth reading. You've definitely been through a lot and it's great that a lot of the worrying that people have done for you can finally come to an end (and that your life itself has undertaken a huge improvement) and they can start enjoying an old friendship with you once more.

I'm glad you got the Iron Chef reference in the title. Even if the show is ancient history now, I've got to keep up the Kaga persona a little, huh? XD

Thanks for the kind words, friend. This wall of text was as daunting for me to type as I'm sure it was for people to read, so I really appreciate it when people are taking the time to find out what happened to me. Things are way better now, and while I have a long way to go (fixing this weird inheritance issue so I can move out again, finding a job, etc.) I'm definitely more fulfilled and comfortable in my life now than I was then. I'm just really, really glad to be back and to be able to speak with you and my other friends once again.

Oh my, welcome back. I see you in those like really old things I've been reading here, but yeah don't feel shy PC is a welcoming place. :D

ZOMG so many things have happened and PC is still alive. Maybe not tomorrow but still xP

Edit:

After reading your entire OP I have to say that thank goodness for making it through. I found myself at the edge of such thoughts also (but not as bad a situation I believe) due to the somewhat comparable disposition of my Mother. But yeah, I'm just happy to be graduating this year.

Ah

Ah the same as me then. I decided to take a Biology-Pre Med route for my college life due to the lack of demand for people PoliSci and American History degrees. And yes, .Hack// Legend of Twilight had a great impact in me making such a subconscious decision. But I have to admit it is my personal love. I have a burning passion for both, but i have to think about my future career too. *Sigh*

I just hope I get more opportunities once I go to college.

I have major empathy for people going through any kind of problem relating to getting in the way of their personal aspirations now. You may not believe it, but for how well-loved I suppose I was back when I was here, I could be quite cold and not understanding about certain things! I was a bit of an absolutist and had problems feeling for people if I thought their situation was a result of some personal failing. I couldn't be more different now XP

I don't even know what I would go back to college for if I was just going in, hah. Definitely not history even though it's always been my passion. Maybe mathematics.

I never read tl;drs that long. But man..that was just something else. I, a guy who usually doesn't get affected by people or the stories of their lives that I come across over the internet, felt depressed while going through your post..I mean, you've gone through so much. So much that it feels crazy. And reading your story makes me feel like I'm an idiot for not making the most of the opportunities that were easily in my grasp. I wouldn't go as far to say I am extremely gifted in the academics/am an extremely high scorer, but I'd say that I can actually perform very well if I put my all into my academics. But, like a lot of other teenagers my age, I don't. Probably because I still take all these facilities I've been provided for granted...

What I meant to say was that..well, my friend, your story moved me. I promise to myself that from now onwards, I wouldn't take anything for granted and would give my all as far as my academics go. And I wouldn't let any opportunity slip from my hands. Hats off to you for doing what you did, brother. I can't imagine how hard it would've been to live through those hellish days..but I'm really glad that you're finally out of all those depressing times. And I'm glad to have come across this thread today. Was actually gonna take a leave from PC for like two-three weeks and might never have come across this thread. But boy, I'm glad I did. :)

All these things aside, welcome back to PC, Kaga. Really nice to have you back. I mean it.

Thing is, I generally loathe unrealistic "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" kinds of stories and was hoping that this wouldn't cross the line into that, so if you took away from it that I'm telling people to make the most of their opportunities, then I phrased everything okay XP I might have overstated my academic ability, though. I did well enough in school but everyone telling me "you're so smart!", "you're a genuis!", and other overblown stuff my whole life left me with a big head and an inability to lower my own expectations. I take all praise with a grain of salt for my own safety anymore!

Thanks for welcoming me back!

First, I come back from a long-time hiatus, then Mr CatDog comes back, now Kaga appears again?! It's like an Old School PC party or something.

In case you can't tell by the copious amount of Crobat in my avatar/sig, I used to be tmbjr...I'm just using a new account. XD

Sorry to say that I don't recall the events that led to your disappearance because I was already well into my own disappearance, but I'm sure that whoever you had a grudge against will be more than willing to forgive you granted that you've actually matured over the years. I made up with Sawah when I came back...so yeah... XD

Yes, now that I see the Crobat, it's all coming back now, hah.

I won't blame anyone for holding a grudge, but that doesn't mean I'm not glad nobody is yet! XP After this dramatic re-appearance, just being able to slip back into activity like normal would be pretty great.

I've heard a great deal about you in my three years on staff and I've read a lot of your posts in the staff forums. I'm happy to have you back. Dunsparce is pretty flawless and a good pick for favorite Pokemon.

Glad to see fellow staff! Man, just mentioning the staff forums makes me nostalgic XD

I kid you not, Dunsparce is my favorite Pokemon. I don't even play the games anymore but I keep up with the all the new characters and Pokemon and even buy merchandise! These days, Drifloon is a close contender for my fave, but of course he didn't exist the last time I was here :D

Ohhhh my god. You're back! To be perfectly honest, since you seemed to disappear so suddenly and without warning/reason, I... morbidly assumed you'd died. D: And then today I got a text from Mork at 4am, woke up and read it, and fell back asleep. Woke up again firmly believing that the text had been a dream and then had to rush to my computer to believe it when I checked my phone and the text was still there. :P

I don't think we were ever super close, mostly confining our interaction to the occasional (group?) msn chat and mostly the HQ but I've still missed you. You were definitely one of the most brilliant higher staff we've ever had and clearly, that's something that was never forgotten. I'm very glad you took the time to write all that out as an explanation because I was always curious as to what could have kept you away so out of the blue and... that is quite the explanation. *hugs* You went through a lot and I'm so glad you're alright and, seemingly, back to your old self after all that. That takes a lot of bravery and just as much so to tell the story instead of leaving us wondering with a brief "hi i'm back" (which would still have been acceptable haha), so thank you!

PC's changed a lot over the years but hopefully you'll fit right back in and it'll be like you never left. ♥ But first Mr Cat Dog, then you... who in the world could be next? Does this mean that whole rapture thing scheduled this weekend is actually true!?

(Also high five for fellow insomniac!)

It's not a dream! (I thought it was too, but that might be because I stayed up all night talking to Mork and was deliriously tired by the time I finally crashed, hah.)

Yeah, we weren't super close, but, honestly, I was fairly intimidated by you! You were such a powerful presence here even back then and seemed to have such a history here that I couldn't find a way to break the ice with you, hah. Let's go about it differently this time! XP

Insomniacs ftw, feel free to message me at 4 AM when there's no one else on XD Extended joblessness has left me with my absolutely horrid college sleeping schedule.

It seems like so many old 'faces' are showing up on PC out of the blue lately. Its great to have more and more veterans come back to the site after long bouts of inactivity. Welcome back!

Thanks! This old vet will try and make himself useful XP

oh my god.

I'm not.. even entirely sure what to say, but welcome back! :D

I've stumbled onto your profile, and / or old posts before, and I've always thought that it was a shame that you left the way you did, because you seemed pretty cool. It's hard to believe that you ended up coming back here after going through so much, but I'm glad to see you back around. Though, it's hard for me to remember whether or not you left before I joined in mid '05, probably because you're still so remembered by people.

Edit: Waiittt, you were around after I joined. xD No wonder I remember actually seeing you posting around, then.

I must have a pretty interesting post history for multiple to be saying they read some of my old posts! XP I sure made enough posts, that's for sure.

If you think you saw me around...you probably did =p I'd like to think there was some phantom bigfoot version of me roaming the internet, but that's not the case.

Relogged in after a long time just to respond to this.

Kaga, you don't know how much I've missed you in general. Not on PC, but just as a friend in general. You were the cool older brother figure to my then 15 year old self and I loved our old conversations on MSN and on PC in various fanclubs. The last signature was the Sakura one I made you! I'm not going to forget that just like I haven't forgot you at all! I still hope you remember me. I'm sure others can attest that I've spoken of you in the highest regards to people who didn't know you! You've left a lasting impact! I'm going to say that I've also stalked you as well, feeling that you might have left due to financial reasons and once or twice it has brought me to tears thinking of where you were right now or even if you were still alive. Your past is making me tear up again as I write this. I may not be on PC anymore, but please, let's keep in touch if we can. PC's changed a lot from when you left and I'm sure I have as well along with yourself. Stay in touch okay? It means a lot to me and others that you took the time to write this. You're such a brave person and I still look up to you as I had before. That MSN username better not just be there for kicks!

Spoiler:

Chibi. I'm incredibly happy to see you here and, even if you're gone from PC, I'm glad I still have the opportunity to keep in touch with you through other means. You're definitely one of the people I missed and, in my time away, I looked with fond nostalgia toward all the fun we had together on MSN and in the DCC. It hurts me to know that I worried you and others so, and hopefully my coming here again and providing a little closure can make up for that a little. It definitely won't bring that lost time back, but I'm always willing to pick up friendships right where I left them off. I'll definitely get in touch with you. That MSN info is indeed current!

Miffy. Now I think I'm going to cry :laugh:

Before I reply to anyone else, anyone trying to contact me on MSN keep in mind that my MSN is kind of wonky and I generally have better success contacting people when I'm the one adding them as opposed to the other way around. PM me with your MSN info if you're having issues getting in touch :p

o______0

PC's old guard are like, returning, one by one.

Welcome back though! It's obvious that you've been through quite a lot the past few years, I can't imagine how hard that must have been. But I think you'll find PC to be a nice escape for that, things may have changed a lot since then, but there's still plenty of good people left. :) Welcome home.

The story ended well! My life's been fine for years, so while I don't need PC as my escape in the same way I did as a teenager, the internet > real life and I'm still staring at some kind of screen every waking moment of my life :p

Honestly, I read the last 5 paragraphs and I must say! DAYUUUUNG

But welcome back :)

I'm no fan of walls of text but I said what had to be said for those that remember me XP Now that that's over, I can get back to inane one-sentence posts that struggle to make it over the minimum character limit.

We never really got to know each other back in the day but I'd be lying if I said I didn't witness your unique posts and the very creation of your 'legacy' after your sudden departure. One thing's for sure - this was a pleasant surprise that managed to catch everyone off-guard. Glad to hear you're alive and well.

I remember you, but yeah, I didn't quite get to know everyone here back then, especially those that were only around toward the time of my departure. The "legend" thing weirds me out the more people say it :laugh: I guess I'm too humble for my own good. Considering that this was good news that a lot of people never thought they'd hear, I'm glad to have caught everyone off guard!

There's only a handful of us still around that was around back when you disappeared. Many of us wondered and worried on what happened to you. Like Erica said... some of us thought the worst, you dropped off the map without any word so we feared the worst.
I don't think any of us can accept your apology because you have nothing to apologize for. After reading all of that I think we in some small way can understand what was going on, and we all can see that you had a lot of hardships to deal with. So saying "sorry" to us... I don't think it's needed (we might have missed the friendship there, might have wondered and worried, but look at what you had going on at the time). We're just glad you're not dead, and that you remembered us and took the time to say hi and put all of our wonders to rest on what happened to you.

After reading all of that (and please don't make another wall of text that big again... I normally skim or don't read tl;dr... but since I wanted to find out what happened I read it all... and now my head hurts XD) sounds like you still got a good bit ahead of you but at the same time sounds like most of the hard stuff is behind you. I know a lot of people take things for granted (I'm one of them people), but you had it rough and you had to fight to get what you wanted and sounds like you got it. Might not have been exactly what you wanted, or when you wanted it, but sounds like it worked out.

Welcome back to PC, Kaga. A lot has changed around PC, some of us who are still around might also have changed a little. But I think if you search hard enough you'll find little pieces of PC you once knew, if not in the forums then in the members from days of old. Damn that sounded sappy and old like... But I'll run with it. XD

Eehhh, you can't let me off the hook completely for up and disappearing XD As bad as things were back then, I had a messed up way of looking at things (and especially my friends) which just mad a bad situation worse. Somehow I think I'll feel worse if I keep getting told that I have absolutely nothing to be sorry for XP

I'm sure I'll adjust. I definitely didn't expect the majority of members from back then to still be here, but enough of you are that I can still get a feel for the place. You AAs sure have staying power! PC looks even better and has more fun stuff to do than it even did back then. I love it here again already, though my real work starts now! Gotta create a few new friendships, hopefully :p

Welcome back! Honestly, I don't know what to say. I never thought I'd see you back again, not after this long and how suddenly you disappeared. And, well... after reading your post I can certainly understand why you'd leave. Honestly if I were facing that kind of situation I'd probably leave PC, too. I'm really glad to hear you're okay and that you were able to sort everything out.

PC's changed a lot, but the feel is still pretty much the same. You should be able to fit in just fine again, I think. :)

sammi! Still guarding OVP or have you moved onto other things? Regardless, it's super to see you still here, and thanks for the understanding :D

Nice P4 avatar btw :p

Allow me to introduce myself.

I am the Absolute Supreme Overlord of Darkness. My purpose in this life is to rule the universe! The Darkness pulses through my veins granting me ultimate POWER! Embrace the Darkness! Defeat the Divine Light! For the Light blinds the human mind and causes humans to act recklessly on emotion. Dark Justice is absolute; it forgoes emotion and relies purely on logically constructed facts and assumptions. No matter how fast Light travels, Darkness will always be waiting.

All of the fools who dare oppose my absolute supremacy, shall suffer my overwhelming wrath in the eternally black abyss of hell! The icing terror of despair shall sink into the souls of my enemies as the blackest darkness covers this planet. Numbed with fear, they watch helplessly as the Dark lord rises to power. For dominance is not enough - I demand Absolute Supremacy! There is No Hope in Hell for those who pointlessly stand against me.

I decided to read your 4000+ wall of text for the hell of it. It was well worth my time, as you provided me with an excellent read and I blitzed through it in about ten minutes. Truly you are a gifted individual, though with your writing ability, you should have done an English degree!

I actually know a guy, who is one of the admins on DGz - another forum - who was having serious financial difficulties. He was close to completing his degree but without the necessary money, he would have to abandon his degree and head back home. His situation was extremely complex - it had some similarities to yours. He ended up making a very lengthy post on DGz explaining his dire situation and at the end of his post, he requested for people to donate money to help him finish his degree. He explicitly stated that this was his last resort and that he did not wish to involve DGz with his own personal problem, but it seemed, he had no other options.

He turned to his friends where you ditched them. I'm sure you realize that was your biggest mistake. Even I, master of Darkness have friends to support me through tough times. None on PC though. Anyway, I ended up donating some money to that man and let me tell you this - he isn't my friend. I once adored him, but upon closer inspection, got annoyed with his philosophical bullcrap and his wall of texts - much how I imagine there are people who are tired of my antics. He even suspended my ass for trolling the hell out of the DGz tranny. Good times, Livewire, good times. I gave him that money because I wanted him to finish off his education and get his degree. I truly believe education should be free for those who are willing to learn and grow stronger. It's an idea I am tinkering around with and plan to implement once I take over the world.

But I digress. You made yourself your own worst enemy by abandoning one of your greatest sources of strength.

Your friends.

I don't even know why I'm hammering this point in, when you probably already realize but I suppose it's to make sure you never make that mistake again. Ever. I wouldn't even be half of what I am today if it wasn't for my friends. Perhaps that would have been better for the world though.

You know, I used to be a forum administrator. I did a decent job during my rule but much like yourself, I eventually ended up abandoning my post and ditching the forum for my own selfish reasons. Unlike you however, I went out with a bit of a bang by posting a leaving thread, immediately followed by deleting my account. About a month later, I returned and explained my reasons for leaving, but unlike you, I did not give an apology because I felt I did not need to give one - that and I can be a stubborn bastard sometimes. I understand the reasons behind your apology though. You were not of sound mind and you made some bad decisions - you let your rage and agony consume you instead of harvesting it to make yourself stronger. Such a concept I refer to as "Embracing the Darkness". Perhaps you understand where I'm coming from.

Anyway, it's great to see such a brilliant mind back on the right track. All the best in your future.

Regards,

-Overlord Drakow

Drakow

Trust me, I learned my lesson long ago when cutting everyone off didn't do a thing to better my situation. If anything, it gave me even less of a reason to live than I already did. So, say it with me, kids, FRIENDS ARE A VALUABLE COMMODITY. DO NOT LEAVE THEM IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. There we go :p

Last edited:
Years
Easily one of the most amazing stories of "success" that I've ever read. Best of luck to you in all of your future endeavors, Kaga. Nonetheless, welcome to PC, it seems you were greatly missed.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I know this word has been said a lot in this thread already, but wow. What a story. You impressively turned events around and stood up to your father. I hope your mother will feel better soon and that you'll find a nice job.

Real life takes away so many from PC. It's not strange. The only thing that could ever have been worth apologizing for was giving some kind of heads up that you'd disappear, but gosh really! Considering what you went through, it's madness to demand that. The ones who considered themselves your friends still do, just look at all the replies you've gotten. As for me, I think you seem like a smart man who has nothing to be ashamed of.

I hope you'll either find what you hoped to find back here at PC, or that you'll find something even better. Welcome back :) and see you around!

Years
I am rather late to this party, but I just wanted to say it's a pleasure to see you back again. I'm not quite sure you remember who I am seeing as it has been so long ago and at the time I was still more or less a rookie moderator, but I think it's wonderful that you've managed to find your way back here after such a gigantic molehill of an experience for the last five years.

Regardless, it's great to see you again and I do hope you carry on the legacy you had postponed this month five years ago for a very long time to come.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I haven't really known you, since you left before I joined, but you seem like a very nice and interesting person based on what everyone's saying. I was touched by your story, it was definitely inspiring. And I mean it, I'm literally tearing up right now. I hope you don't leave PC again. Otherwise you'll have to make another huge post. My eyes are already hurting from reading this one.
Hopefully, I can talk with you sometime, because you seem like an awesome person. :D

Melody

Banned
Years
CHAIRMAN KAGA. It's totally awesome to see you back again. I remember posting along with you back when I was a barefoot n00b in the first generation of The Nightclub and more.....Boy were those THE DAYS eh?

Seriously, You're a Legend. You were then, and you still are now. I sincerely hope you breathe the light and spark back into OT, OVP, and all the other forums you grace with your presence. PC has been calling out to you for the past 3 years after all: "Bring me to Life.". I certainly hope you do so. :)

You may or may not remember me, I was a silly young n00b who went by the name Poketrainer2004 looong ago. I still have that old banner F_G made me somewhere. :3

Last edited:
Years
You seem to be getting a lot of attention, so I will just keep this short.

Nice to see older members returning and under the circumstances of your absence, it is even better to see you return. I have never spoken to you before but I just thought I would throw in my 'welcome back'.​

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
KAGA. Oh my gosh, I never thought I'd see you again. What a nice surprise. I just recently came back as well. I hope you remember me. ;_;

Welcome back. <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said by someone who never knew you personally, but knew of you a great deal. Seeing Geoff so happy about you being back is very nice. The first thing he sent me when I signed in was "Did you see?!?!?!?!!" It was good to see him so happy. I assumed you passed away, after talking to people who you knew back in the day about you. I remember a few months ago, I had a very strange fascination with you and spent hours searching the HQ about what you had to say on forum matters, asking what you were like when you were on staff, etc. I am not ashamed to admit this!!

I somewhat relate to what was going on in your home during all of this, and your feelings towards people, so I completely understand what you were going through. At the same time, I can't imagine how you managed to cope with it the way you did. I don't think anyone who you left behind in that decision would be angry or have a feeling of sadness towards you coming back. Most of them seem very relieved. It's very admiring to see how someone who had nothing managed to get everything they could hope for.

But don't be so modest!! You deserve so much to be named a PC legend no matter how you went out! Besides, you brought Chibi back to the forums! I think that speaks volumes. Even if it was only to post in this thread... Anyway! Welcome back, and I look forward to speaking to you personally one day. :]

I find it so funny that you were intimidated by Erica, though... XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back