• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Developing] Pokémon: Thanatos Version

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Elaynii! For i must say, that project rocks! We all hope to see more much cool features and the demo release, And yeah, when the demo released. I will play Pokemon Ironed Heart, and why do you have the female trainer a farmer and the male an Ace Trainer? Are these are place holders? Do you want people for your team? Go to the Team Recuitment and follow what Avatar says.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Elaynii! For i must say, that project rocks! We all hope to see more much cool features and the demo release, And yeah, when the demo released. I will play Pokemon Ironed Heart, and why do you have the female trainer a farmer and the male an Ace Trainer? Are these are place holders? Do you want people for your team? Go to the Team Recruitment and follow what Avatar says.

Thank you, KingSnivy. :P

Regarding your comment on the hero/heroine, you're right. They're placeholders, as I'm still trying to come up with designs for them. Once I have their designs, their sprites should be done relatively soon. Be that as it may, I am more than satisfied with my small, yet brilliant team. True, they're busy with their own games and business, but, they manage to deal with me, so, I think it's a fair trade.

Also, thank you for spelling my name right this time. :D

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Oh!!

Thank you so much, <~F.M.P.~>, you have no idea as to who much that means to me!
It means quite a lot that someone like you would post such a comment. <3

Your words have inspired me to work even harder on this game and now, you have my eternal love. <3

Thank you too!

Such kind works are really uplifting, and now, I think I'll go ahead and give you all what you've been waiting for~

Meet Purleaf!
Sprited by the adorable Dewitty~
Untitled-1.png

This little guy is the first of the starters of the Armonia region! These creatures are very playful and won't turn down a chance to run around.
:3 hey elaynii, game looks like its comin' along nicely. i just want to hug and cuddle that sprite. dewitty, is very talented, been following him on deviantart fo awhile, well, keep up the good work!

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Hmm.. will other regions be connected???

No, there will only be one region, KingSnivy.

:3 hey elaynii, game looks like its comin' along nicely. i just want to hug and cuddle that sprite. dewitty, is very talented, been following him on deviantart fo awhile, well, keep up the good work!

Yes, Dewwy is quite talented~ <3
Thanks for the comment about the game too.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Oh, and pardon the double post, but I have a question for you all.

Should I stay with the current tiles -HGSS- or upgrade to Black/White tiles? If I upgrade, I'll be needing to compile myself a tileset, which is time consuming, as you all know.

Thanks~

flamemaster

Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
^well elaynii, if you do decide to go to black\white style, i could help, i am currently compiling my own tileset at the moment, when it complete i could pm it to you. right now i've got about 30% of what i'm gonna add.
flamemaster~

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Many thanks, flamemaster.

However, after consulting with some "advisers" and very good friends, I've decided to stay with my current tiles, which are the HeartGold/SoulSilver tiles. It seems most of the games are converting to Black/White tiles, and I don't want to jump on the bandwagon. Besides, I've got most of the character sets and autotiles I need. Thank you for the offer though! n_n

Small Update(s)

First and foremost... meet the second starter of Ironed Heart!

Lavapho-1.png

Lavapho, the Magma Seal Pokémon.
PokéDex Description: These Pokémon is arrogant and very proud. It spends its time swimming in magma pools or singing weaker Pokémon.
Credit(s): Thanks to Cilerba for the awesome sprite! <3

I.V. Game Updates

As I told flamemaster, the game will retain its HeartGold/SoulSilver graphics. I am now revamping old maps, and updating some OWs. Progress is very, very slow, but, we're getting some done.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2019
I think that "Bareon - Ghost Eeveelution" is a very good addition of the Eevee family. I like that so can you plz put that one in the game.

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Hey! I'm loving the new layout!

Okay, now on to the new stuff. I'll be rating all the sections out of 5, and explaining why.

Introduction - 5/5 This is so full of win. I loved it so much. All the detail in this sentence is just amazing.

Azelon Region - 5/5 First, the world map looks great. A lot of vareity, tons of landmarks... It's just great. Second, I love the oligarchy idea with the elite four. Nice touch. :) But about the starters... Can you only choose from the water and grass types? It'd be a shame if you had to.

Characters - 5/5 They are all very well sprited, and their descriptions are very nice. You gave them personalities. That's something you don't see to often.

Screenshots - 4/5 first I'd like to comment on the different styles you used on the mapping. The outdoor maps is full of life, but the indoor maps are dull and boring. I'd suggest you choose a different indoor tileset. The forth map looks very empty at the top. And in the eight screen... Is that a house from FRLG? But I know you, it's probably a placeholder or something.

Overall Score - 19/20

If you want, I could take a look at your maps and.. I dunno, edit them a little?

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Hey! I'm loving the new layout!

Okay, now on to the new stuff. I'll be rating all the sections out of 5, and explaining why.

Introduction - 5/5 This is so full of win. I loved it so much. All the detail in this sentence is just amazing.

Many, many thanks! <3

I have to give some credit to Abnegation for that. His writing skills brought it to life, and I love him for it!

Azelon Region - 5/5 First, the world map looks great. A lot of vareity, tons of landmarks... It's just great. Second, I love the oligarchy idea with the elite four. Nice touch. :) But about the starters... Can you only choose from the water and grass types? It'd be a shame if you had to.

Thanks!
Didn't NikNaks do just an amazing job? I think he did.

Regarding the Elite Four, I thought I'd add my own little ideas in for them. I'm really glad you like the idea itself! Now, onto the starters.. No, you can choose from water, grass, and fire. I guess I must have left little ol' Lavapho out! o3o;

Characters - 5/5 They are all very well sprited, and their descriptions are very nice. You gave them personalities. That's something you don't see to often.

Once again, thanks! o3o

This is a personal pet peeve of mine; if I play a game, the characters MUST have some sort of personality. I give all of my characters' personality, regardless of what series it is. I try to make them likable, and even if they aren't, at least .. they have something that makes them stand out among the rest.

Screenshots - 4/5 first I'd like to comment on the different styles you used on the mapping. The outdoor maps is full of life, but the indoor maps are dull and boring. I'd suggest you choose a different indoor tileset. The forth map looks very empty at the top. And in the eight screen... Is that a house from FRLG? But I know you, it's probably a placeholder or something.

Thanks, I suffer from mapping, so, I'm somewhat surprised to see someone likes them! Indoor maps especially. I am currently ripping some indoor tiles from HGSS, so, it'll match the style.

Yeah, some maps are empty, because they're not fully completed. And yes, you're right! It is a placeholder, at least, until I find me a decent house to shove in there. It's meant to be a rest house for traveling trainers.

Overall Score - 19/20

If you want, I could take a look at your maps and.. I dunno, edit them a little?

o3o;
Thanks for offering, I'd be very happy if you could do that for me. <3

NOTE: I just noticed... the font is quite blurry. If anyone knows how to fix this, please, let me know!

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
wow this is so great when is a release plz can i have tiles
Loljk
Looks great, Viv. <3 I like that Red Gyarados addition!

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2015
Lavapho, the Magma Seal Pok?mon.

I am totally cool with that.

I'm glad you decided to stick with 4th gen graphics, as the tone of the plot seems to fit that style more than the bland B/W tiles. I'll be looking forward to this!

flamemaster

Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
hey elaynii, i am goin to tell you sorta what i think about this, in the style neo-spriteman did.

Introduction - 5/5 I totally agree with neo here. this introduction is great.

Azelon Region - 3/5 personally, i think the world map is too bland, its pretty much the typical mountain, and a region below it, and frankly it looks pretty empty.

Characters - 4/5 most of the characters look good, but suri's sprite seems to dark, and is silver playable? that just seem weird.

Screenshots - 3/5 some of these look good, but i frankly think most of them look... empty, like a lot of the grass is the same all the time, you should try changing up the grass tile sometimes.

Overall Score - 15/20

sorry for rappin' on your game, but when I critique i do harsh critique.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
wow this is so great when is a release plz can i have tiles
Loljk
Looks great, Viv. <3 I like that Red Gyarados addition!
u has ur own tiles, Dew loljk <3

Thanks hun! <3

I am totally cool with that.

I'm glad you decided to stick with 4th gen graphics, as the tone of the plot seems to fit that style more than the bland B/W tiles. I'll be looking forward to this!

<3
Many, many thanks!

hey elaynii, i am goin to tell you sorta what i think about this, in the style neo-spriteman did.

Introduction - 5/5 I totally agree with neo here. this introduction is great.

Azelon Region - 3/5 personally, i think the world map is too bland, its pretty much the typical mountain, and a region below it, and frankly it looks pretty empty.

Characters - 4/5 most of the characters look good, but suri's sprite seems to dark, and is silver playable? that just seem weird.

Screenshots - 3/5 some of these look good, but i frankly think most of them look... empty, like a lot of the grass is the same all the time, you should try changing up the grass tile sometimes.

Overall Score - 15/20

sorry for rappin' on your game, but when I critique i do harsh critique.

Let's not be rating this, right now.
Let me release a demo first.. Okay? But, thanks flamemaster.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
UPDATED THE FIRST POST.

Update I

The starters have been revealed!
startes.png

Many thanks to Aquakip, who finished Hydrake. Go give him much love. Love him like he's never been loved before. DO IT, NOW!!

Update II

I have also added the Gym Leaders' biographies! Desputa and Buck's sprites are up, the others shall shortly follow. The PokéDex is slowly being worked on, in both ways. A big thanks to Luka S.J for the help he's giving me! <3
Well, that's all for now!Stay tuned for even more updates!

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
The sprites look extremely nice.. Lucky to have such talented spriters working with you :)

Thank you!
Purleaf was done by Dewitty, Lavapho was done by Cilerba, and Hydrake was done by Aquakip. All amazing spriters, aren't they? I really need to learn myself..

As always, guys, I'm still looking for some Fakémon ideas!

Back