• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU ban results

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
So yeah for those of you who dont know, here are the results of the UU suspect test from smogon;

Victini: 18 Ban, 11 Do Not Ban, 2 Abstain (62% Ban)
Kyurem: 31 Ban , 0 Do Not Ban, 0 Abstain (100% Ban)
Chansey: 15 Ban, 15 Do Not Ban, 1 Abstain (50% Do Not Ban)
Staraptor: 17 Ban, 11 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain (60% Ban)
Mew: 18 Ban, 11 Do Not Ban, 2 Abstain (62% Ban)
Wobbuffet: 14 Ban, 15 Do Not Ban, 2 Abstain (51% Do Not Ban)

LonelyNess said:
So with that, Kyurem immediately leaves the UU tier, while Victini / Staraptor / Mew receive simple majorities, meaning they will become immediate suspects next round. Chansey and Wobbuffet failed to receive simple majorities, so they will need to be nominated again next round.

Drought: 30 Bans, 1 Do Not Ban (96.77% Ban)
Shell Smash + Baton Pass: 18 Bans, 10 Do Not Bans, 3 Abstains (64.29% Ban)

Jabba said:
This means Drought, with its slight supermajority, is gone from UU. SmashPass, however, barely received a simple majority and will therefore stay with us for at least one round. It will automatically be voted on next round.

Discuss : ]

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I think the Kyurem results are funny to be honest. I haven't seen a 100% ban vote ever, I do believe. I'm happy with the results though, and may give UU another shot without having to worry about sun Victini and his devastating V-Create. Kyurem was also a monster. Now steels aren't as necessary as they were. Although they're still probably nice to have. :<

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I think the Kyurem results are funny to be honest. I haven't seen a 100% ban vote ever, I do believe. I'm happy with the results though, and may give UU another shot without having to worry about sun Victini and his devastating V-Create. Kyurem was also a monster. Now steels aren't as necessary as they were. Although they're still probably nice to have. :<

The ban for Skymin was 100% too, iirc.

I do agree. Drought and Kyurem were the real gamebreakers of UU and were awful to play around, especially Kyu with its "run a steel or die" thing it had going on. Btw, Spikes + Scarf Staraptor > metagame, just saying. I'm at 19 on the ladder and still climbing. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Well, looks like a lot of people wanted Kyurem to be banned. Could be because of the massive damage it inflicts, despite its only decent Speed.

I don't think Shell Smash + Baton Pass should be banned because the passer will be more prone to priority, which may the pass, unless it has a White Herb.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm not gonna worry about Sawsbuck since Drought is gone. I might try UU again now but Aboma is still there, baw. :(

Detox

I really expected both Kyrem and Victini to be banned, so nothing new there. Chansey barely lived, maybe next round.

I expect to see a rise in Rain Dance + Kingdra now, seeing as Hail lost a major powerhouse and Sun is gone. Maybe SS will balance it out?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
What's gonna happen to my MediMew team now! ;; Without Kyurem I have to find a new special sweeper! >O

It's a surprise that Victini & Mew stayed, but I guess without Drought Victini has lost a bit of it's power making it less powerful, but it still pack's a huge punch. Hail teams have a lost a good team mate and Drought is gone all together yesyesyes! Rain Dance will have to rise again!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
On a side note, Tornadus is now UU and Espeon is OU due to usage. At least according to Jabba and the people who run UU policy now.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Well, looks like a lot of people wanted Kyurem to be banned. Could be because of the massive damage it inflicts, despite its only decent Speed.

I don't think Shell Smash + Baton Pass should be banned because the passer will be more prone to priority, which may the pass, unless it has a White Herb.

If you don't run White Herb on the passer then you've made a mistake. :( EVERY good SmashPass team runs White Herb on Gore, which is what makes it so frustrating, even in OU. Try breaking a Garchomp's standard defenses while it's twice as fast and strong as usual. Ice Shard? Nahhh, you've got Yache Berry for that while Chomp KOs your Ice Shard user. And that's just passing to Garchomp. There are tons of other viable receivers; Raikou, Mence, etc.

I'm not gonna worry about Sawsbuck since Drought is gone. I might try UU again now but Aboma is still there, baw. :(

I haven't seen a hail team yet. It lost its biggest abuser by far in Kyurem. :(

I really expected both Kyrem and Victini to be banned, so nothing new there. Chansey barely lived, maybe next round.

I expect to see a rise in Rain Dance + Kingdra now, seeing as Hail lost a major powerhouse and Sun is gone. Maybe SS will balance it out?

I've actually seen more RD + Kabutops/Ludicolo/etc. Maybe because Kabutops isn't hard-walled by anything (Empoleon)?

On a side note, Tornadus is now UU and Espeon is OU due to usage. At least according to Jabba and the people who run UU policy now.

I was under the impression that tiers were updated due to usage once every three months...? If Tornadus is UU we're just going from Drought to Rain Dance... :/

Detox

I thought that it wasn't until they updated the tiers again in 3 months or whatever?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Me too, but is seems its every month now ? Idk, but in the UU thread on smogon they are saying its until they update the scripts then all of this will be in effect including Espeon OU and Tornadus UU. :S

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Me too, but is seems its every month now ? Idk, but in the UU thread on smogon they are saying its until they update the scripts then all of this will be in effect including Espeon OU and Tornadus UU. :S

that's... new. o-o;

well, with tornadus UU everyone's going to run rain teams because it will be cool. time to run kingdra so i can abuse that fact. :)

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Espeon got Magic Mirror and Baton Pass legally so I guess it's being used on some BP team now eh?

Tornadus can use priority Rain and throw out a Tailwind, then have things like Azumarill spam Waterfall in the Rain with double the speed. I'm not sure that will work since I don't play UU, but it looks powerful to say the least.

And Kingdra....

Back