• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Mega Yan

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
You Metagross evs are eh : 244 HP / 252 Att / 16 speed is what it wants.

Also Leftovers > Shell Bell on Swampert.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
That last post right? Have you tried Scarf Garchomp over Haxorus? It outspeeds some things that Haxorus cannot. For example, Volcarona and Salamence, putting them out of commission before they can hurt your team.

I'm also not so keen on not having Meteor Mash on Metagross. That move is simply amazing lategame where you can just spam it abusing Metagrosses bulk. I'd also consider Pursuit over Trick to catch Lati@s on the switch but I can see the utility of Trick.

If you can get more Leftovers, that is more beneficial than Shell Bell on Swampert, but so far, it looks good.

I agree with all of this, as well as saying that you should run Meteor Mash >>> Hammer Arm, imo. You hit a lot of the same targets (Tyranitar, etc). You're only missing out on what, Excadrill? ...which you probably shouldn't be staying in on anyway, and which a smart opponent won't try to switch in on Metagross. Plus you get STAB on it and it smashes things. You have Zen Headbutt/Trick for bulky waters anyway. :(

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
Without Hammer Arm you lose to steels see : Ferrothorn, Heatran and Skarm etc.

Years
Forretress w/ Shed Shell
Sturdy
252 Special Defense, 252 HP, 4 Attack
Careful
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Change
- Gyro Ball

Salamence w/ Choice Scarf
Intimidate
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Jolly
- Fire Fang
- Thunder Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break

Metagross w/ Choice Band
Clear Body
244 HP, 252 Attack, 16 Speed
Adamant
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Yanmega w/ Expert Belt
Speed Boost
104 Defense, 252 Special Attack, 152 Speed
Modest
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Protect
- Hidden Power (Ground) => to counter fire and rock types

Jellicent w/ Leftovers
Cursed Body
248 HP, 216 Defense, 44 Speed
Relaxed
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Swampert w/ Leftovers
Torrent
248 HP, 216 Defense, 44 Special Defense
Relaxed
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

I hope this is better, I replaced Haxorus with Salamence instead of Garchomp as I don't really like Garchomp. But if I really have to, I'll replace it with Garchomp if that's better.
Please leave any suggestions :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I hope this is better, I replaced Haxorus with Salamence instead of Garchomp as I don't really like Garchomp. But if I really have to, I'll replace it with Garchomp if that's better.
Please leave any suggestions :)

Garchomp really would be ideal. It has two great complimentary STABs in Ground/Dragon, it has good bulk, solid coverage, an immunity to Thunder Wave, its trolly base 102 speed, and perhaps most importantly it resists Stealth Rock rather than being weak to it, letting it come in and revenge multiple things.

Also, keep in mind Dark Azelf's comment on Hammer Arm. I wasn't thinking of Ferrothorn, Skarm, etc. when I mentioned what I did. It's your option, but Hammer Arm is just as viable as Meteor Mash.

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
I love Curse Body Jellicent but for this particular team, I'd say that Water Absorb works better. Salamence doesn't really count as a water resist and things like Specs Politoed and Gyarados in the rain can really hurt your team.

For Forretress, have you tried Toxic Spikes? Something like 1 T-Spikes + 1 Spikes (maybe more!) + SR would be enough to dismantle most teams. Taunt Jellicent backed by Spikes support makes people want to forcefully pull their hair out. Things immune to Toxic like Ferrothorn you can burn then Taunt to make useless.

Don't Scarf Salamence, it really doesn't have strong attacking options to warrant one, plus its weak to Rocks. Something like Hydreigon can work as well if you don't like Garchomp. You could even try stuff like Head Smash because even with a -nature KOs every variant of Volcarona anyway. Draco Meteor hits pretty hard as well.

Back