• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Galaxy of the Serakabis

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
You can view my forum for much, much more info on the game, it is: Galaxy of the Serakabis at my Forum

There, there are ALOT more details on the game than I have provided here, on my forum, or not provided to the general public. This is just a brief description, that is listed on the forum as "What is Galaxy of the Serakabis". Note, I have been designing (not necessarily coding) this game for over a year now, so, it is something I have dedicated alot of time to already. Even before POTW, which, is now being done by pkmn310. There are no screens, because the basic Engine is still being designed, I just felt people might want to hear the story, and see what is to come. Unlike POTW, this WILL have an early demo release along the road.

Galaxy of the Serakabis, or GOTS, is a game I have been designing for over a year now, in my head, at least (Story, characters, gameplay, etc...) And have wrote in over 100 pages on computer. Recently, DarkPegasus has been helping me to make that game a reality. Using true Coding (Not Rm2k3 or any software like that) I will be making the game. It is an action game, I guess it would be termed, but will have an open ended gameplay (Meaning you can just walk around, and shoot things, do things, etc...), stealth, shooting, parts where you can use phsycic abilities, the ability to "Jack" vehicles and mechanical things, and some RTS Elements. As well, you will be able to fly vehicles, and navigate them from planet to planet, in interplantary war, in space. This is the summed up Story: "In the far away reaches of the Universe exists a race, called the Serakabis, or in human terms, The "Greys". The Serakabis, have divided into a multitude of factions, which have been waging galactic war with each other for centuries, through their advanced technology, and telepathic means. On one of the many planets populated by the Serakabis, Zel, one of the factions has been already taken over. The Aepriens, on one tragic day, were captured by the darkness of the Xengias, a power hungry faction of the Serakabis. Forced into slavery by the Xengias, the Aepriens for 10, 000 years have had no hope for freedom. (Its now present day) War has not erupted on Zel since that fated day, although slowly, the Xengias faction has been taking control of the Entire Galaxy of the Serakabis, for their own. The Aepriens are still slaves of the Xengias. As slaves of the Xengias empire, on the now barren planet of Zel, one Serakabis child was born. His name was Axrixe. Axrice, quickly learning of the power of the Xengias, learned to grow hate, in his unfriendly rulers. He grew, and eventually devised plans to save his faction on Zel, and beyond, until peace and tranquility across the galaxy ruled by the Serakabis, could be established once again...

I actually have an entire story written out for this game (Approx 100 pages, typed) So, this will have a deep and intreaguing storyline, along with a GTA style of Gameplay... While designing the game, I will be using an modified version of an A.I. I developed in the past for a previous unreleased game, codenamed by me, the S-A.I. The A.I. is designed to be smart, as it can hear you, if you move too much, will react to the situation appropriatly (Meaning using cover, using the right weopon, cooperating to kill you) and just all in all, will kill you, as if you were playing a human. The game will most likely become multiplayer(online) eventually, but, that will be second to getting the Single player game completed. I don't want to reveal too much, but, ask any questions. I will not release a site, until the base gameplay has been established.

Extra tidbits: -The original S-A.I. was designed for a game, codenamed S-stealth, which was a very "Metal Gear Solid" like game.
- S- stealth was never released.
- S-A.I. took over 2 months to complete, to my satisfaction, and an entire 80 page notebook, full of Code, notes, drawings, and anything else that could assist in the design of the A.I. (And alot of late nights up, and spacing out in school)
- The original S-A.I. was over 5000 lines of code, but, I have reduced it to Approx 1000, to make it much easier to edit, to re-program the A.I. for the appropriate situation or gameplay I am looking for.
- S-A.I. was created from scratch, I literally, one day, just sat down, started writting in a notebook, and began to write the code for the S-A.I. I had no Idea how the A.I. Design in which I wanted could be done.
- The original Idea for GOTS was formed approximatly one year ago, and due to my ineptness to create good graphics, I felt the project could never be done. DarkPegasus, is helping me change that.
-GOTS has a 100 page universe, written in Microsoft Word over a few months. I will be using the Story as a base for the game.
- The original S-A.I. had only one version, designed for basic run and Gun A.I. Shooting. Their are currently over 10 different versions of the S-A.I., all designed for different situations in gameplay. Each enemy(Xengia) in GOTS will have a different personality, through this, and will work together to insure you're death.
- The S-A.I., will attempt to pressure you, and will make it as hard as possible for you to succeed.

The environments will be very dark, Reminiscent of a bad future earth, ya know, black mechanics, etc. Zel, is essentially a wasteland. Picture a desert, with a destroyed arabian twist. If you want to picture the technology of the Xengias, think "Terminator Advanced". Not the Robots, but, the ships, etc... Dunno, though, kinda hard to explain. Thats the closest I can get to accuracy, but, its still preety far off.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Woah! Neat game indeed. I've seen a lot of projects like these go down after a while,
but I hope this one doesn't. So keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
I have alot of experience in this type of thing, and have completed games on numerous occasions. I'm not worried about it, as long as I get some people that can help with graphics.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
Nice game, but yeah, Daegon_Kimeron, you were suppose to not allow forum links on any posts. No forum links allowed. It has to be either removed by the user or a staff member.

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
I provided the link as a refrence for more info, I didn't advertise the forum. I've been over this with DM, and we've discussed the topic in detail. You can link to a forum, you just can't advertise it.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Yeah, the rules don't apply here :) lol, jk. ADVERTISING is not allowed. If you're linking to a place for more detail about the project, why not? If the admins have an issue, we can talk. Until then, the link's fine.

Anywho, this sounds awesome. You're filled with such ambition. When you say "true coding," what language are you using? You're not even using a development environment like .NET?

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
I'm going to be using a language I designed using some machine code.(Edit: Sorry, just read through what I wrote, and didn't realize I wrote, "Machine code". Machine code was a nickname me an my friends had for C++, becuase we thought it must be as hard to learn as Machine code. The nickname stuck, as I learned C++, and, I accidentally wrote it here. I didn't mean Machine code, I meant C++...) It is really my own system. I developed it about 2 years ago, in spare time. It allows for quick and easy programming. This is my true development system. As I've said, I've been programming and coding for around 10 years, and no a large assortment of coding languages, which I use to my advantage. I'm looking for graphics designers, at the time, if you would like to be one, be my guest. In the past, I developed an engine, slightly similar to the one I will be using, though, this will be vastly modified (see my S.A.I.). I am, though, feeling an extensive development period. I have a pic of axrixe, if anyone would like to see him, and, I also have an out of game pic (concept art) pic of him. If you would like a pic, E-mail me at [email protected], and I'll send you one. Didn't want to upload his pics yet, but, if you would really like to see, I can send you one, two, or both pics. As I have said in the past, I don't want to reveal much, and would rather keep most of the design details secret. Eventually, all will be revealed. For now, you can see the concept and story, etc... I hope anyone out there understands where I am coming from, in this case. Really, though, I also don't want to reveal alot, because at this time, I am also modifying the system to better assist in the needs I have for GOTS. So, I'm also not revealing much, because of that aspect. Thanx for the people that have shown interest in the game. I know, its hard to have interest in a game, with no pics, screens, demo, etc, so, I appreciate it. But, as I've said, it is still in "Concept" stage, and everything is being brought together for a better experience.

Update: The game, has a "Climbing System", now in place, that, when you run to a building, and press a button (I used Space, but you can change the button configuration for you're needs) you will climb the building, and get off of the building at the ground, or on the roof, or at a lattice, etc... If you've read my description in detail, The Serakabis are great climbers. So, buildings are no limits. Axrixe, particularly, is an exceptional climber, whos abilities will get better over time.

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Wow, programming in machine code WOULD be difficult ;)

I'm very impressed with your skillset. How did you start off? Books? Classes?

Is this going to be 3D or 2D? Keep up the ambition!

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
Will be 2d, I tend to be impatient, and 3d takes quite longer to use, so, will be 2d. This will actually work out for the better though, as the game will be of better quality, and should allow for more features to be implimented. Also, I'd like EVERYONE to be able to play my game, and with 3d, that sometimes isn't the case. Also, dL time will already be quite long, I figure. IN 3d, it would be INSANE. I learned coding by 3 things, Personal learning, meaning, I would just tinker around in Java, or VB, etc, and just look for result. Also, I would read books on the topic, and view tutorials online, to become more experienced. Finally, I've taken MANY classes in Programming, some better and more difficult than others. Its my personal opinion, that no matter how much you read or study the topics, that, learning on your own, is the best way to learn coding. It takes MUCH longer, but, you learn to understand coding, under your own time, and understanding. It takes time and patience (C ++ took me 3 years to learn completly) Just be patient, and anyone can learn to code. Still looking for GFX designers for GOTS... DarkPegasus isn't enough, and, I'm unsure If Pegasus will do more than help designing Axrixe, and the evil Xengias... Deffinitly need Graphics help.

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
If you read on my forum (link provided at the top), its easier to understand. Mainly, I've just been replying to comments, and explaining how the game will be made. As I've said numerously, I'm looking for graphics designers to help with the project.

Back