• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Style Feedback: The Top Dog

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
topdog2.png

You may have noticed in the last few hours that there's a new style! This style is based upon Herdier, one of the new Generation 5 Pokemon.

How does it look? Well...
Spoiler:

But if you wanna see more, click the link below!

Click here to switch to The Top Dog

Also, Kip did an amazing job on the buttons, while I designed the colour scheme, css, etc. There's a chance the postbit may be redesigned in the future anyway as far as buttons go, but as a whole everything else is staying the same. Enjoy~

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
It looks awesome, guys. Great job. :3 /me sets to default obv

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Oh Forever, this theme is so awesome! I love the color theme to it, the banner is adorable and I love the dog prints. I this is going to be my main skin now.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
The color scheme is nice but...

... why Herdier >__>

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I love the colour scheme. You too have done a very good job with this. ^^
And the buttons look awesome too O:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Wahhhhh so happy. Default default default. c:

Great job, it looks great!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Herdier yes.

Although I agree with Signomi; the buttons look sort of oversized and not needing to be that big. How about green, red or gray Herdier sprite silhouettes?

Masqueraine

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2011
I really like the skin but the online button is huge. I think just the herdier inside of it would've been way better, but overall it's wicked nice and I'm gonna use it for a bit. :)

EDIT: I like how the posts in front of mine basically say the same thing, lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
All these 2 colour buttons are really annoying. I like the colour scheme and ideas, but I dislike the button method as I say, and Herdier is very plain an uninteresting, not sure why you chose it. It's not exactly what I'd choose in a design.

But I'm sure some people will like this, overall it's well executed, for what you wanted.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
The post comment, infract, report, and IP buttons are reeeeallly hard to see. I thought that there would be a hover glow or something added when you hover over it, but there isn't. They're so dark and don't stand out all that much. The tcat font size is really unappealing to me. Other than that, I don't have much to say. Though, I agree with what others have said about the online/offline/invisible icons. Blah!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Looks ok no offense. To me, the banner is a bit tall. I didnt even notice the Report/ect buttons on top till the were pointed out. I like the color scheme, seems basic like an enhanced "default skin". The offline/Online buttons are huge. Overall its a nice theme. Keep going :) Im sure you have lots of fans :D

Years
All these 2 colour buttons are really annoying. I like the colour scheme and ideas, but I dislike the button method as I say, and Herdier is very plain an uninteresting, not sure why you chose it. It's not exactly what I'd choose in a design.

But I'm sure some people will like this, overall it's well executed, for what you wanted.
But that's you. I can agree with the rest of your comment, but so what if Nica decided to use Herdier as the mascot pokemon for her theme? That is her favourite pokemon and just because you wouldn't personally use it doesn't mean nobody else can't.

As far as I'm concerned, she made a very aesthetically pleasing style that isn't too harsh or overly done with effects. Not too much, not too little. It's just right, the only thing that does bother me happen to be the buttons, but those can be easily rectified. The Pokemon certainly doesn't put me off, and there will be quite a few people around who will feel the same way.

Years
OMG I LOVE THIS THEME NOW I CAN FINALLY SWITCH OVER FROM BY BELOVED vB DEFAULT!!111!!

I like themes with simplistic designs and this one is simply amazing. Nice job you two! I'm in love with the colour scheme already. <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023

But that's you. I can agree with the rest of your comment, but so what if Nica decided to use Herdier as the mascot pokemon for her theme? That is her favourite pokemon and just because you wouldn't personally use it doesn't mean nobody else can't.

As far as I'm concerned, she made a very aesthetically pleasing style that isn't too harsh or overly done with effects. Not too much, not too little. It's just right, the only thing that does bother me happen to be the buttons, but those can be easily rectified. The Pokemon certainly doesn't put me off, and there will be quite a few people around who will feel the same way.
I'm pretty sure I did exclaim that it was me, and my personal taste, so I don't know why you're outlining that which I've said. I gave reason why I wouldn't use it, it's still a nice style, and I'm sure a lot of people will like it. You could say "but that's you" to anyone who posted their opinion on the style in the thread really. So not sure why you've targeted me Sig.

At any rate, I think the style will look better overall with the new buttons.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Thanks guys. :3 By the way the buttons have been updated so the transparency issues are fixed as well as the who's online icons so the style should be all perfect now. :D; despite Kip not wanting that.

If it's not displayin' yet, just F5 it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I really like this skin! The colors and everything fit well together. Well done! Will use it for awhile.

Back